PDA

View Full Version : Crashing in Cutscenes (using XSplit/Procaster)

weevil
27th Aug 2011, 21:05
I am trying to play this game and broadcast it (thanks for the lack of a properly implemented windowed mode by the way)

During the 2nd cutscene (the one with the intro credits and hes getting his arms chopped off etc) the game completely and utterly locks up. I have to turn it off at the base unit and start windows again. Absolutely nothing in the error logs.

Things i have tried:

1. Running in windowed mode
2. Running in admin mode
3. Running in dx9/10/11
4. Lowest Graphical Settings
5. Highest Graphical Settings
6. Manually changing paged pool size.
7. Overriding application settings in CCC

My setup is as follows:

Intel i7-2600k
8Gb Ram
Win 7 x64
6900 Series ATI
OS is on an SSD
Game is on a RAID0

When i am running the game without procaster/xsplit in use it does not crash, but it does when....it is.

I initially thought it was a flaw in my cpu/gpu as these broadcasting tools really stress my stuff, but after running HD Tune, IntelBurnIn AND furmark ALL AT THE SAME TIME i got no crashing, and even no overheating.

Has anyone got ANY idea? Soundslike bad optimising to me and they need some patches pronto.

weevil
28th Aug 2011, 00:52
anyone? :(

Evis03
29th Aug 2011, 10:34
I'm having the same issue. It first happened during the same cutscene you described. I was running a HD 5770, and then replaced with a 6870. That resolved the issue for a while. After the *SPOILERS* boss fight with Barret, *SPOILERS* the entire system locked up again in the cutscene. I deleted the game and reinstalled (from Steam) and that resolved the issue.

However, now I'm in the hive creeping through a vent when another cutscene starts and low and behold- full system lock up requireing a cold reboot to resolve.

I've tried disabling DX11 and V-sync. This had no effect.

System set up:

Core i7 920 running at 3 ghz. (it's overclocked, and yet I have tried runing the game with the overclocking removed)
6 gb RAM
Radeon 6870

Obviously if anyone has any suggestions for a fix, let me know. And no, I will not skip the cutscenes. I want to play this game for the story, so skipping them isn't an option.

Eidos, if there's any more information I can offer to help a patch along, please let me know.

I'm NOT using XSplit/Procaster, but beyond that the error is the same.

Tanjamin
29th Aug 2011, 11:28
I already posted in the general Crashing/Freezing thread, but yeah it sounds like I'm having this exact issue too.

My specs:

Core i7 920 @ 3.8 GHz
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Mobo
60GB SSD (Windows boot), 1TB HDD (everything else)
6GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD6950
Windows 7 64-bit

NOT using XSplit/Procaster

My system has locked up in several FMV scenes including the company logos when booting up the game. It has also frozen during a tutorial video.

Everyone here appears to have an ATI/AMD card so far...

BenedictOfAmber
29th Aug 2011, 17:42
Hello,

I also have the same issue, although it's with an Nvidia GPU. The game itself plays smoothly, but cutscene (intro, rebuilding of Adam, as well as tutorial video) causes freezes and crash.
I'm playing on a laptop:
i7 Q740
GT460M
4Go RAM

Issue is the same with both DX9 and DX11. Playing the game itself with medium setting, in 1600x900

Hope somebody can help.

Evis03
29th Aug 2011, 23:48
Oh seriously for the love of God! Now I'm getting the issue with the opening credit crawl- I can't even get into the bloody game any more!

Honestly Eidos this is unacceptable.

weevil
2nd Sep 2011, 22:45
I'm glad I am not the only one facing this issue.

I originally thought it was my SSD which was faulty, which it actually was. I replaced it, but alas, still getting the same issue.

With DX11 turned off i can run the cutscenes fine, but with procaster turned on, reliably crashing on any cutscene, even the intro advert/splashscreens.

I cannot think of anything else to do!

TheNamelessOne
3rd Sep 2011, 13:27
I've been having this exact same issue, posted a few times about it now without reply from eidos. It's a crying shame too because this game was a B-day gift from a friend and I haven't been able to play it(at least play it and get the whole story, if I skip cutscenes it plays fine but who wants to do that in Deus Ex first playthrough?)

Graphics: NVIDA GTX 285
Processor: Core i7 920
Motherboard: EVGA 58x 3xSLI LE
RAM: 6GB

A user names XenocideQ posted this fix http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=120100 but it didn't work for me, maybe it will help one of you.

dnd
4th Sep 2011, 12:45
mine hangs, during cutscenes (intro, tutorial). not every time, but fairly frequently. not using xsplit or anything like that. i can reproduce it pretty reliably just using the tutorial menu, it gets stuck with the spinning loading icon and hangs as soon as i try to click on the back button. i can alt-tab out and kill it.

i7 980x
GTX480

Hello,

I also have the same issue, although it's with an Nvidia GPU. The game itself plays smoothly, but cutscene (intro, rebuilding of Adam, as well as tutorial video) causes freezes and crash.
I'm playing on a laptop:
i7 Q740
GT460M
4Go RAM

Issue is the same with both DX9 and DX11. Playing the game itself with medium setting, in 1600x900

Hope somebody can help.