PDA

View Full Version : How do the generic weapon mods work?

thedfo
27th Aug 2011, 19:49
Like, for example:
The increase ammo mod stacks, but does it stack linearly (so, every mod adds the same # of bullets?) I think it does, but I'm not sure. This one is the easiest to tell, because you get a number.

What about reload speed and increase damage? Do they stack? I ask because I just placed one on my silenced pistol, and the "damage" bar in the weapon description did not change, so I am wondering if I wasted it.

Piflik
27th Aug 2011, 20:52
As long as you can add the mods, they have an effect. When you're at the maximum, you cannot combine the mod with that gun.

The bars in the weapon's description have some lit up segments, some highlighted segments and some grey segments. When you add a mod, one of the highlighted segments (they are diplaying the maximum number of mods you can add to that weapon) will light up.

Kneesocks
27th Aug 2011, 22:07
Yes, weapon mods stack. This is most noticeable with the ammo capacity upgrade. They always add a static amount of upgrades as well, so with the ammo upgrade, you go from 10 rounds -> 13 rounds -> 16 rounds magazines.

Eventually, they stop stacking, but the game will tell you that you cannot use a weapon mod on your gun if that happens.