PDA

View Full Version : Foxiest of the Hounds & Pacifist - Q&As - *Spoilers Inside*

ReliantLion
27th Aug 2011, 19:20
So I just beat HR again on Deus Ex and got Foxiest of the Hounds as well. Here are my findings:

Certain alarms are unavoidable and do not count. Without giving away story details, I'll say this: If immediately after a cut-scene, the alarm is sounded, then you are O.K. However, each time this happened, I slipped away unnoticed.

There is a part where the player may be forced to destroy 2 large mechs. Since I was playing without any augs, I had to destroy them. I used an EMP grenade on each of them. It seems it is O.K. to do this.

On occasion, a camera, sentry gun, or guard would become suspicious of me or become alarmed to my presence. As long as they do not confirm your location, it is O.K. I'm not sure if the manditory alarm scenarios this matters, but like I said, I slipped past everyone unnoticed.

I also got the Pacifist achievement on this run. I did so much as harm a fly except bosses and the 2 mechs.

NOTE: Again, I used no Augs, and there appears to be no achievement for this, no Humanity Front, or Purity First I'm afraid. I did have to gain 2 keypad numbers from the Internet for one level.

Boradam
27th Aug 2011, 19:29
So I just beat HR again on Deus Ex and got Foxiest of the Hounds as well. Here are my findings:

Certain alarms are unavoidable and do not count. Without giving away story details, I'll say this: If immediately after a cut-scene, the alarm is sounded, then you are O.K. However, each time this happened, I slipped away unnoticed.

There is a part where the player may be forced to destroy 2 large mechs. Since I was playing without any augs, I had to destroy them. I used an EMP grenade on each of them. It seems it is O.K. to do this.

On occasion, a camera, sentry gun, or guard would become suspicious of me or become alarmed to my presence. As long as they do not confirm your location, it is O.K. I'm not sure if the manditory alarm scenarios this matters, but like I said, I slipped past everyone unnoticed.

I also got the Pacifist achievement on this run. I did so much as harm a fly except bosses and the 2 mechs.

NOTE: Again, I used no Augs, and there appears to be no achievement for this, no Humanity Front, or Purity First I'm afraid. I did have to gain 2 keypad numbers from the Internet for one level.

They really should have had a 'Purist' achievement for a no-aug playthrough.

cachx
28th Aug 2011, 06:40
Yeah, what the title says.

It is simply not clear to me what exactly does "setting off any alarms" imply. Actual alarms? enemies going into alarmed state? what about robots? what about cameras?

After reading around other forums and such, it seems that the official guide has a definition:

"The Foxiest of the Hounds Trophy/Achievement is awarded for getting the Smooth Operator experience bonus for every objective in the game, where it is possible to get it. The Smooth Operator bonus is granted for completing an objective without an alarm being activated during it. This differs significantly from the Ghost bonus, as even if you get spotted or an enemy is in the Alarmed state, you won't be in danger of losing the bonus, unless an alarm is actually activated. As long as you can stop the enemy from doing so, you can still keep the bonus intact. Being spotted by a camera or walking through a laser field will also activate an alarm, costing you the bonus. The alarm being scripted or triggered automatically by the game will not affect your Smooth Operator bonus. The table below shows all the objectives where you will have to avoid seeing off an alarm."

So it seems that you only need to get "Smooth Operator" during certain missions. We only need to know wich ones they are? Someone with the guide willing to type them?

I'm going for a pacifist/Foxiest run, but I am totally stuck on the part where
Malik gets shot down and you can save her
But it seems that it's impossible to save her without getting enemies into hostile state.

NKD
28th Aug 2011, 07:35
The guide actually deceived me on this. I fretted over this one objective where it said I could get Smooth Operator and Ghost, but I got neither, for some inexplicable reason. Went through the game, and got Foxiest upon completion anyway. Otherwise, it seemed accurate, with one caveat for a Detroit mission, as noted.

Here's a list of objectives that have Smooth Operator bonuses available, in chronological order. I got the bonus for all of these except where noted and got the achievement.

Detroit
M5 - Investigating the Suicide Terrorist

Retrieve the dead terrorist's Neural Hub (Note that I did not get this when talking Wayne into letting me in. I reloaded and went in stealth without permission and got it.)

M9/M10 - FEMA Camp

Infiltrate the Mercenary Compound
Locate the Mercenary Leader

Tai Yong Medical
M1 - Searching for Proof

Enter TYM's tower by passing through the Pangu
Find and view Van Bruggen's recording

M2 - Entering the Dragon's Lair

Confront Zhao in the Penthouse
Escape and get to the hangar

Picus
M1 - Confronting Eliza Cassan

Escape the ambush by reaching a lower floor
Summon the Funicular
Wait for the Funicular (Note that I did not get a Smooth Operator for this objective, but got the achievement anyway, guide might be mistaken here.
Get inside room 802-11

Detroit 2
M2 - Finding Isaias Sandoval

Go to the Convention Center and obtain Sandoval's location from Taggart.
Find and confront Sandoval

Hengsha 2
M4 - Stowing Away

Retrieve Tong's Package from the Shed
Place the C4 on Administrator Wang's Desk

Omega Ranch
M1 - Rescuing Megan and Her team

Search for Signs of Megan's Team
Disable the Signal Jammer
Upload a virus to the security computer and enter the restricted area

Panchaea
M1 - Shutting Down Darrow's Signal

Get inside the tower and disengage the lockdown
Reach the Broadcast Center

cachx
28th Aug 2011, 08:38
Thank you! just what I needed :D

Does the guide says by any chance if the Pacifist achievement includes "second hand kills"? After much pain, I managed to save Malik using only stuns and non-lethal takedowns, but when I destroyed the mech with an EMP grenade, the explosion took out like 3 guards and killed them :confused: (skulls over their heads). Sooo I don't know if I should keep playing or not.

NKD
28th Aug 2011, 08:51
Thank you! just what I needed :D

Does the guide says by any chance if the Pacifist achievement includes "second hand kills"? After much pain, I managed to save Malik using only stuns and non-lethal takedowns, but when I destroyed the mech with an EMP grenade, the explosion took out like 3 guards and killed them :confused: (skulls over their heads). Sooo I don't know if I should keep playing or not.

I don't know about explosions from bots, but hacked bots & turrets killing guards counts as a kill, as does enemies falling to their deaths.

As far as going non-lethal while still saving that individual goes, here's what I did:

Immediately rush up the center, taking out the right heavy, and the regular goon right next to him. Take out the left heavy next. Mech should now be dropping in. If you rushed fast enough, only the heavy on the right should be near the mech, drag him away before EMPing it and you should not get any troops killed. Then you can clear out the rest of the guys at your leisure since they aren't doing a ton of damage.

Kivan
28th Aug 2011, 09:29
I know getting spotted by camera's will set of an alarm but what about turrets?

CrashTranslation
29th Aug 2011, 02:23
I got Pacifist but didn't get Foxiest, not sure why. What's the case with the crazies on Panchaea? I used a gas grenade on a crowd of them, which made them all instantly hostile for a brief moment? Was that enough to count as Alarmed?

MonkeyLungs
29th Aug 2011, 02:53
I have no conrete info on the crazies in last level but I wasn't taking any chances. There was some sections were I was tranq darting them and hiding and doint that over and over again one enemy at a time until solid groups were dead. I was really tired of playing unseen by the time I finished the game. I really wanted to use some gas grenades and a PEPS on those MF'ers ...

Now that I have the pacifist and foxiest acheivement I don't have to worry about alarms or being seen .. and its more fun. I do realize I don't have to be such a slave to the achievements but for games I really enjoy I try to get them all. (Lame I know) ... if I don't really really dig a game but like it enough to finish it I don't worry about the achievements.

NKD
29th Aug 2011, 03:31
I got Pacifist but didn't get Foxiest, not sure why. What's the case with the crazies on Panchaea? I used a gas grenade on a crowd of them, which made them all instantly hostile for a brief moment? Was that enough to count as Alarmed?

Did you get the Smooth Operator bonus for that section?

Firetaffer
29th Aug 2011, 05:20
I need help regarding two things.

1. Later on in the game, do you have to save Malik to get the Pacifist achievement? She will technically die by your hand if you don't.

2. Do you have to save the hostages in the first level? Say you were slow and they got killed, will the pacifist achievement not count? They would die by your hand then as well.

Thanks in advance!

Sev
29th Aug 2011, 05:54
Smooth Operator (and Foxiest) has nothing to do with the "alarmed" state of enemies soldiers, nor bots or turrets.

It refers to the physical alarm triggered if one of these things happen:
1) A soldier spots you, and goes hostile, then triggers the physical alarm panel on the wall. Note that civilians can do this too if you give them a reason to make them panic.

2) A camera spots you and goes hostile. This automatically triggers the alarm.

3) You fail and run out of hack attempts on a hackable object in a area where an alarm can be triggered (i.e. missions with the green panel on the wall).

Being spotted by a turret is ok it seems. Upon seeing you, turrets go hostile very quickly as soon as they get a glimpse of you, unlike soldiers who get alarmed and try to get a visual confirmation. This seems ok for Smooth Operator and Ghost as long as the turret loses track of you even if it goes hostile, at least as long as it does not shoot. If the turrets shoots in your direction it seems to telepathically alert all guards in the area (this will likely make you lose ghost, but not smooth operator since turrets don't trigger the physical alarm it seems, but the soldiers might, just reload).

I have not checked with bots. When bots are involved I just clear the room of enemy soldiers and them emp nade them for the 250 xp bonus. This doesn't stop you from getting ghost or smooth operator as long as no one is around (and maybe even if they are but on the safe side just clear the room). This works for turrets too, but the xp bonus is only 45.

Story alarms don't count.

For ghost, it works more or less the same. The alarmed/suspicious status does not make you lose the bonus unless the soldier/turret goes hostile. It seems however that bodies might be an exception to this (didn't test it excessively). If a soldier goes into the "alarmed" status due to spotting a dead/unconscious body, I think it counts as being detected (and it kind of makes sense that it's a pretty big clue that someone is around if your buddies are dropping dead around you).

So don't worry so much about the alarmed status (except when bodies are involved). In fact, jumping around, running, shooting with a silenced weapon, throwing boxes around, just making noise in general, is a great way to get the enemy into the "alarmed" status. This tends to make them easy pickings since they will leave their buddies and their patrol to investigate. This is no way will stop you from getting ghost or smooth operator.

alanschu
29th Aug 2011, 06:03
I need help regarding two things.

1. Later on in the game, do you have to save Malik to get the Pacifist achievement? She will technically die by your hand if you don't.

2. Do you have to save the hostages in the first level? Say you were slow and they got killed, will the pacifist achievement not count? They would die by your hand then as well.

Thanks in advance!

Neither of those things are examples of someone dying by Jensen's hand.

Firetaffer
29th Aug 2011, 06:11
Neither of those things are examples of someone dying by Jensen's hand.

I guess it's not literally by your hand, but you did cause them, and they are preventable.

sea
29th Aug 2011, 06:17
I know getting spotted by camera's will set of an alarm but what about turrets?
I'm almost positive that getting spotted by a turret will invalidate the achievement.

alanschu
29th Aug 2011, 06:22
I guess it's not literally by your hand, but you did cause them, and they are preventable.

You don't cause anything to happen, and the fact that something is preventable doesn't make you the killer. Those deaths are a direct result of someone else's actions.

NKD
29th Aug 2011, 06:31

Pinkie Pie is the best pony!

But I have no idea if they count. Collateral damage does count against you in other cases, like bots exploding and killing someone, or someone falling off a building. I suppose if that bomb were to go off, they might count. But if they die simply because you skipped them? Not sure.

Firetaffer
29th Aug 2011, 07:09
Pinkie Pie is the best pony!

But I have no idea if they count. Collateral damage does count against you in other cases, like bots exploding and killing someone, or someone falling off a building. I suppose if that bomb were to go off, they might count. But if they die simply because you skipped them? Not sure.

How about that lady that Zeke is holding hostage? What if you didn't persuade him and he shot her?

And near the end where:

It got about 20% cooler and everyone went insane (albeit it came out of nowhere). How will you be able to pass these guys without them spotting you and raising alarms? Does it also count with the boss battle with Zhou where she releases the insane guys?

Thanks in advance!

NKD
29th Aug 2011, 07:15
How about that lady that Zeke is holding hostage? What if you didn't persuade him and he shot her?

And near the end where:

It got about 20% cooler and everyone went insane (albeit it came out of nowhere). How will you be able to pass these guys without them spotting you and raising alarms? Does it also count with the boss battle with Zhou where she releases the insane guys?

Thanks in advance!

As far as Zeke and the hostage goes, that's a good question. I wish there was something to tell you that you had gotten a "kill" counted against you, so we could know for sure.

The insane guys can be skipped with careful use of cloaking device or super careful sneaking in many cases. But remember that Foxiest is about actual alarms being sounded. Crazies running after you will lose you the Ghost bonus, but will not affect Foxiest or Pacifist. I don't think crazies can even trigger alarms. In the final boss battle there isn't Smooth Operator available so it doesn't matter what you do there for Foxiest, but you need to leave the insane guards alive for Pacifist.

alpher
29th Aug 2011, 07:17
i have not been spotted at all in any stage but
talked wayne into letting me into the morgue

Does that mean im screwed for the foxiest achieve?

NKD
29th Aug 2011, 07:23
i have not been spotted at all in any stage but
talked wayne into letting me into the morgue

Does that mean im screwed for the foxiest achieve?

That's actually a really good question. You aren't setting off any alarms, but you're also not getting a Smooth Operator. The guide says it's about Smooth Operator bonuses, not alarms, but its hard to say. I suppose we won't know until someone gets the achievement who completed the quest that way.

zythyl
29th Aug 2011, 10:25

So just to get this 100% sure... as long as the ALARM isn't tripped or activated we're fine? Enemies can go hostile, alerted, alarmed, or suspicious (as can turrets and cameras) but NO alarms? With the noise?

MonkeyLungs
29th Aug 2011, 15:21
I didn't let any enemy go hostile. It might have been overkill and I was kind of sick of stealthing by the end but it worked. In my new playthrough I'm starting some fights and actually using my guns! It's a nice change.

ranmafan
29th Aug 2011, 15:49
Ok - I'm in a conundrum here. I was in Youzhao District, the Heng Sha apartments, knocking guards out left and right. To hide their bodies, I dragged them into ventillation ducts. Now, I swear both guards were 'Zzz' when I left them, but when I came back much later for another mission, I realized that their icons had changed to skulls.

Is this a bug, or if it isn't, will I be counted responsible for their deaths?

My last save in this area was when I just started the district. This would sadden me greatly...

Jordasm
29th Aug 2011, 16:00
Finally got them both! Even though my game glitched when I did a non lethal takedown on 2 guards which killed them for some reason, but I guess it didn't count. Got every achievement :D

dimljajvbu
29th Aug 2011, 19:42
For the police station/morgue part, at what point do you get the awards? I sneaked in and out without being seen, and didn't get either Smooth Operator or Ghost, as far as I know. :(

Finally got them both! Even though my game glitched when I did a non lethal takedown on 2 guards which killed them for some reason, but I guess it didn't count. Got every achievement :D
Good! People in another thread were worrying that this make them fail.

SiG
30th Aug 2011, 10:29
Are you sure you can get smooth operator in M10? I've tried this damn stage many times and I can never get it. I would think since you fight a boss it would kinda ruin the whole stealth aspect. I did get it on the M9 just can't get it for M10.

Marty34
30th Aug 2011, 12:07
Are you sure you can get smooth operator in M10? I've tried this damn stage many times and I can never get it. I would think since you fight a boss it would kinda ruin the whole stealth aspect. I did get it on the M9 just can't get it for M10.

Yes, I got smooth operator in this mission. But didnt get in "Wait for the Funicular " same like NKD.

SiG
30th Aug 2011, 21:03
Weird, right after I posted I got smooth operator on M10.

ufo8mycat
31st Aug 2011, 01:35
I never got Smooth Operator for the Police station either to collect the chip from the morgue.

Went throguh the fire escape top floor and I didn't even get an 'alarm' status from the guards. Not seen at all.

Reach the morgue, grab the chip, get the EXP for completion etc but no Smooth Operator?

Must be bugged?

In regards to the GHOST bonus, I've read that you can still get it when guards are 'Alarmed' (mini-map goes yellow).

In the first area at the plant (outside) I sneak throguh without getting seen and get GHOST.

So I reload and do that area again, this time I purposely get 'Alarmed' and I don't get the GHOST bonus.

So not sure if my game is bugged or what. I tried this same area 4 times just incase and each time I got 'Alarmed' I didn't get GHOST and 4 times I went through without an 'Alarm' status for guards and I get it.

My game bugged?

ufo8mycat
31st Aug 2011, 04:29
Regarding GHOST bug

For this person quote

"So, I replayed the prologue to get the pacifist achievement and headed over to the first mission. I made it to the vent as usual but didn't receive ghost XP. Tried it a few more times, no dice.

I could have sworn I had received the ghost XP at that exact spot before so I loaded up an old save I happened to keep from the same level. Do everything the exact same way and yup, there's my ghost XP. What gives?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1ZgT9PgYk

Probably related to my problem somehow

NKD
31st Aug 2011, 04:49
It would be super nice if they'd give us a message when we fail to get Ghost or Smooth Operator, instead of making people guess as to whether they are going to get it or not. Also letting us know if we've failed our Pacifist achievement, by giving us a "First Blood" message or something would also be cool.

mayo20
31st Aug 2011, 23:24
I just finished my second playthrough and got both Foxiest of the Hounds and Pacifist.

Details
Invisibility is a must. It is almost overpowered for a Foxiest/Pacifist playthrough. I played on the easiest difficulty so the boss fights were not too much trouble. I think I could have gotten through it all with just max hacking and cloak. Right before the end of the game I had 12 Praxis points just sitting there. Reflexes seemed like it would be better, but I only used it one or two times I think. 95% of the time I was sneaking by people with cloak.

I didn't get the Cassie because I remembered the conversations from my first play through, but if it is your first time through, I would say that is also a must.

Spoiler Details

After talking with Darrow at the end and getting the code, I tried to sneak by the crazies and then just gave up and ran past them, nearly every group ended up going hostile to me and I still got the Foxiest achievement.

Every time I was spotted by a turret, I reloaded an earlier save. Also, if the bar around my mini map went red, I reloaded. Most of the time this was accompanied by a hostile status.

Pacifist was easier than I thought it would be. Malik died but other than that I think I saved every life I could, through conversation or what not. Since I was sneaking by people so much, takedowns and non-lethal weapons didn't really become and issue.

Ryouko
1st Sep 2011, 00:31
During the last boss fight,
do you have to stay hidden from the crazies and the bots to get the achievement ?

IsaacSin
1st Sep 2011, 04:39
In the final boss battle there isn't Smooth Operator available so it doesn't matter what you do there for Foxiest, but you need to leave the insane guards alive for Pacifist.

Thank you for this. I just finished the game and didn't get Pacifist, and I couldn't think of why until I read this and realised:Although I didn't kill the crazy guards at the end, they got electrocuted and died during the next segment of the fight. I replayed this part and dragged them to the back of the rooms that they come out of and got the achievement.

cachx
1st Sep 2011, 15:24
Well, finished my first play-through yesterday and I didn't get either Pacifist nor Foxiest. :mad2:

Pacifist could have gone wrong in a lot of ways, people dying by a second hand explosion or stuff like that (I didn't got careful double checking if my victims had the "ZZZ" over their heads until very late in the game).

I'm mostly mad about Foxiest, because I was very careful and if I got as much as a suspicious or alarmed I would quick load and try again (except on the inevitable parts) that's why my first play-through took a lot of time (40hrs according to Steam). That leads me to believe that talking to the cop does ruin Foxiest, just because I can't think of anything else that could have gone wrong.

This game really needs some type of Stat tracking feature or detailed mission briefing.

DoomtrainUK
1st Sep 2011, 15:44
Just wondering if anyonecan help me, im at Singapore where you have to find the scientists then extract them, when I found one I got ghost and smooth op, but the other 2 I got nothing, no alarms or hostiles OR hostile cameras throughout the mission...can anyone confirm I'm supposed to get SO for the scientists? Cheers

Glyph
1st Sep 2011, 22:56
Completed my second playthough and still did not get Foxiest. At this point it is the only achievement left for me to unlock. I'm almost positive that the hacking glitch carries over your alarmed failures when you reload just as it carries over your experience when you reload. This is honestly the only logical reason why I have not gotten it yet. Hopefully this gets addressed in a patch but I won't hold my breath.

EDIT: So I just did a speed run for Foxiest and finally got it. Took me ~8 hours and I avoided hacking pretty much everything. This achievement definitely has some type of glitch related to it so hopefully they can figure out what it is and patch it. I feel sorry for the players that are still struggling to get this because this third attempt was the final straw for me; thankfully I got it.

ufo8mycat
2nd Sep 2011, 01:23
That leads me to believe that talking to the cop does ruin Foxiest, just because I can't think of anything else that could have gone wrong.

Oh god please no, even though I am just up to the FEMA base on my Foxiest run. I did go through the main entrance of Police station and talked my way in.

Can anyone confirm that talking to Haas to let you into the morgue ruins this achievement?

juhh
3rd Sep 2011, 16:04
I got pacifist, wich i assumed would be a problem cuz of the bugs and such, but i got it.
I still dont have the foxiest tho, i talked my way into the police station, maybe thats why?

Vvion
3rd Sep 2011, 16:44
I have talked my way into the police station and still got the foxiest achievement. That shouldn't be a problem.

But I missed the pacifist achievement though I have used only tranq rifle, stun gun and peps outside of bossfights. Is it true that the tranq darts can kill under some circumstances?
In the last fight Hyron killed some zombies with the EMP. Is this a problem?

JCpies
5th Sep 2011, 08:31
Quick question, does destroying bots count as a kill for the pacifist achievement? Or can I blow them up/ EMP them without losing the achievement?

The_Audiophile
14th Sep 2011, 21:43
I get smooth operator when I pick up Tong's explosives, but not when I plant the bomb on the desk. Are you supposed to get a bonus when you plant the bomb and wake up later in Singapore?

Arctica
19th Sep 2011, 07:30
I get smooth operator when I pick up Tong's explosives, but not when I plant the bomb on the desk. Are you supposed to get a bonus when you plant the bomb and wake up later in Singapore?

No. Look at your experience points BEFORE you plant the bomb on the desk. When you wake up, look again on your EP. You should have 1750 more EXP than before (1000 for planting the bomb, 500 for Ghost bonus and 250 for Smooth Operator bonus).

Here some facts/hints from my third playthrough, where I get the "Foxiest of the Hounds" achievement:

- I spoke to the guy in the police station. He let me through and I still got the achievement (some people said that you can't get the achievement if you speak to him. That's not true.)
- I never failed at hacking.
- I killed all guards to save Maliks life. (remember that doing this will NOT get you the pacifist achievement! I got it on my second playthrough, so I didn't bother with non-lethal kills)
- I got the smooth operator bonus when I called down the elevator in the picus building however, I DID NOT GET THE SMOOTH OPERATOR BONUS WHEN I ENTERED THE SECOND BOSSFIGHT! (I just got the Ghost bonus. I replayed this section six times, but wasn't able to get the SO bonus. But I got the foxiest achievement.)
- By all means, DON'T trigger the frag mine on the door to Sandoval's room in the sewers! Even if there's no guard around, this will cause alert (flashing red light on the wall)!
- A hint for the last boss fight (versus Zhao): Just pull out your Lasergun, run (with cloak) under the turrets in the middle of the room and shoot at Zhao. The Lasergun goes THROUGH the glass barrier and you can kill Zhao without shutting down the Hydron Pods! Saves time and prevents the system from releasing crazies.

Jibbajabba
19th Sep 2011, 08:34
They really should have had a 'Purist' achievement for a no-aug playthrough.

THAT would be awesome :thumb:

Jibbajabba
19th Sep 2011, 08:39
Spoiler Details

After talking with Darrow at the end and getting the code, I tried to sneak by the crazies and then just gave up and ran past them, nearly every group ended up going hostile to me and I still got the Foxiest achievement.

You can sneak past all of them. The main crazy to look for is the heavy one. FIrst instance for example when reaching the first bunch. Wait until the heavy crazy goes around the corner. Then hug the right wall, go into the kitchen and through the door at the far end. Without even leaving cover you can push the lift button. The second instance (where you jump over some metal pipes, jump onto them instead and make your way up. You can walk near the ceiling passing all crazies. Third massive encounter is the bridge leading to the end boss. Here you have gabs on the left and right. you can sneak past all crazies (again, careful with the heavy) and walk past the birdge on the left and right hand side. You will have to cross the bridge from left <> right but you will see that there is only one heavy guarding the gab so make sure you wait or use cloak for just a moment.. My last play through I managed to finish the game without even setting those crazies to an alert stage ... I jumped down that missle silo where three crazies are down there - that was the only time I alerted some (didn't have the silent jump aug).