PDA

View Full Version : Game crashing to desktop

Spinaltap
27th Aug 2011, 18:48
Hi. Game crashes to desktop when I use dialog options that are on the left side of the dialog dial. For instance, there's a total of 4 options, up, down, left, right. When I choose the left it always crashes to desktop and I can't continue the game. For instances when the pilot asks about my augs if i click "reassure" option it crashes so I have to take the one on the right, now when she flew me back from the milwakee plant i go click "leave" to leave the conversation and it always crashes to desktop. It also crashes from time to time when doing the little movie cutscenes. I thought this was fixed with the patch?...or is there a new patch coming out that fixes these issues?

cantose
27th Aug 2011, 19:07
I am having the same issue. The game crashes on selecting the left dialog option.

Weird ... Just started after the patch.

Spinaltap
27th Aug 2011, 20:01
Yeah, thats the thing. I never had this problem pre patch, but post patch it crashes on left dialoge option.

NantoFirebird
27th Aug 2011, 21:26
Same thing for me :(
Whatever is the dialog, choosing the left option leads to a game crash.
I tried the game yesterday and haven't this problem.

Spinaltap
27th Aug 2011, 22:56
Yeah its annoying because now the game is unplayable. After letting sanders go you get pulled into the conversation with the pilot Malik once she flys you back to the HQ and there is no other way to get out of it, you have to click the "leave" option in the dialog screen which ofcourse instantly crashes it. I was having zero problems before the patch, yet now after the patch I'm getting 100% crashes everytime i click the left dialog option and sometimes it will crash during the cutscenes as well. This should be patched asap as it is something that customers can't get around, thus making the game unplayable.

NantoFirebird
28th Aug 2011, 11:27
This bug has disapeared today.

Seems to be a bug that can be fixed by a reboot.

Strange.

zedster
29th Aug 2011, 15:27
Well, it still doesnt work for me. While talking to your ex-mother in law in your apartment lobby my game quits without any error when selecting the "witness" option. The same happens when I speak to the female x-colleague dressed up as a hooker.... Its terrible.. The game is inplayable and there is no replies from the creators... No cred to the game testers....

:(

Putting the game on the shelf and returns to Borderlands... hoping for a patch soon...

Zed

freilantzer
29th Aug 2011, 20:23
Same thing happens to me. CTD on every left alternative in a conversation. Did not happen until today.

zedster
30th Aug 2011, 15:21
Why is this problem not mentioned in any other articles?? Is is a problem that they're working on a fix for? Where are the replies from the staff?? It looks like they dont even read this forum... :( I want my game to work, or a refund of my €50 ffs!!

jaywalker2309
30th Aug 2011, 16:30
Have you guys tried deleting the game exe, and re-verifying your game cache.. Are you running any form of proxies or the like on your pcs?

If the reverifying doesnt help, can you pm me your steam username? so we can try and track down the crashdumps for you etc.

Thanks

elgierro
30th Aug 2011, 16:37
The same thing happens to me now. I am already near the end of the Game, and i think i bought it atfer the first patch so that didn't ruin it for me.

I played for like 3 hours yesterday and i didn't have any crashes, but today i started playing again and now i can't choose an response on the left side of the dialogue box.

This bug make's the game unplayable and i didn't pay 45€ to get a game where i can't get to the end off.

Please search for a solution.

*EDIT:

The revalidating thing worked for me, i did this:

Deleted my deus ex human revolution .exe file

went to steam -> right mouse deus ex -> properties ->Local files ->Verify intergrity of game cache

freilantzer
30th Aug 2011, 17:28
I have the retail and installed it from the discs. Before I read about deleting the game exe and do a verify integrity I just removed all local files and installed it via steam instead and that solved the problem. I guess it's quicker to delete the exe and verify integrity instead.

Spinaltap
30th Aug 2011, 18:14
How do I find the deus ex folders on my computer if i got the game off of steam? Problem still exists, I payed $60 for a game that worked before patch and now, after a path it is broken!!! :(

jaywalker2309
30th Aug 2011, 18:41
How do I find the deus ex folders on my computer if i got the game off of steam? Problem still exists, I payed $60 for a game that worked before patch and now, after a path it is broken!!! :(

in your program files there will be a steam folder, then in there a steamapps\common folder. .check in there

zedster
30th Aug 2011, 19:46
jaycw2309,

Sorry for not noticing your earlier post. Your tip seems to solve the error! :) I deleted the dxhr.exe file from my "steam/steamapps/common/deus ex - human revolution/" folder and then did a re-verifying of the game cache from the properties menu on Deus Ex in Steam (right click the Deus Ex name and select properties, then select local files and check integrity on game cache (or something like that, got a different language)). The dxhr.exe was recreated and steam did some updating when I stated the game again. No problem with the dialogs anymore!!!

Thanks alot Jaycw2309! Now back to the game!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Astrokilla
11th Nov 2011, 02:32
All you have to do mate is to right click on the game icon and choose the option run as administrator.Let me know if it works for you because the game used to crush on the dialogs once i have done this it works fine !!!

Astrokilla
11th Nov 2011, 02:34
Hi. Game crashes to desktop when I use dialog options that are on the left side of the dialog dial. For instance, there's a total of 4 options, up, down, left, right. When I choose the left it always crashes to desktop and I can't continue the game. For instances when the pilot asks about my augs if i click "reassure" option it crashes so I have to take the one on the right, now when she flew me back from the milwakee plant i go click "leave" to leave the conversation and it always crashes to desktop. It also crashes from time to time when doing the little movie cutscenes. I thought this was fixed with the patch?...or is there a new patch coming out that fixes these issues?

All you have to do mate is to right click on the game icon and choose the option run as administrator.Let me know if it works for you because the game used to crush on the dialogs once i have done this it works fine !!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

GiantPinball
24th Jul 2012, 05:03
I bought this game during the steam summer deals and have the same problem of CTD whenever i choose the left dialog option. Yet i also have a problem where the game will not start with the current version so i have to use an older model, so the verify game cache will not work.
My drivers are all updated BTW.
So far i have not seen any one else with my problem.

Geressen
31st Jul 2012, 15:40
I bought this game during the steam summer deals and have the same problem of CTD whenever i choose the left dialog option. Yet i also have a problem where the game will not start with the current version so i have to use an older model, so the verify game cache will not work.
My drivers are all updated BTW.
So far i have not seen any one else with my problem.

... since I have a goatee I guess this makes me your evil twin.

Hi there same boat buddy

Anarchy_Ant
1st Aug 2012, 14:34
I rolled BACK to a patch that had this issue because the newest patch won't even launch the game, for me. With the older .exe I can run the game until I select the left option in a chat, then it crashes to desktop. Deleting the .exe and verifying, thus receiving the newer .exe, prevents me from being able to launch the game at all.

A circle of farce. :|

Geressen
1st Aug 2012, 21:47
I rolled BACK to a patch that had this issue because the newest patch won't even launch the game, for me. With the older .exe I can run the game until I select the left option in a chat, then it crashes to desktop. Deleting the .exe and verifying, thus receiving the newer .exe, prevents me from being able to launch the game at all.

A circle of farce. :|

WHOA THERE BUDDY !

if iam that other guys evil twin then what are you to us? are you already a twin to the other guy and is there another evil twin out there to be evil with me?

KOBU
14th Aug 2012, 10:49
So, do I understand it correctly that for a fortnight the Eidos staff would just ignore this thread? I mean, I bought this game last summer and waited for a year to play it, saving money to upgrade my PC to its standards and now, when the wait is finally over and I install it, the game just would not run. No explanation, no hint, no nothing. I take pain to go on the forums, dig and search, I try the aforementioned exe deliting and it still does not work. I find one smart guys suggestion to download a previous version of exe-file and the game finally runs but crashes at the dialogue. That's when I find this thread and see that... what? Do I see that Eidos and SE don't dive a dime for our problem since we've already paid the money? It sure looks like that.

jaywalker2309
14th Aug 2012, 16:31
What are your pc specs? graphics card etc?

KOBU
14th Aug 2012, 18:07
What are your pc specs? graphics card etc?It's an Asus note book, CPU Intel Core i7-2670QM 2,2Ghz, RAM 8Gb, Gcard Geforce GT 555m 2Gb. Here is hoping it helps.

KOBU
18th Aug 2012, 10:15
Here is hoping it helps.Does not look that way.
Oh, and that "FYI we DO care" thing is so touching!

vvr
20th Aug 2012, 04:29
damn... exact same problem, bought the game in the summer sale but my pc died for a month or so, now i can finaly try to play the game and first it wont run, looked up and found an older .exe to that allows me to start the game but it will crash when i click any option at the left

and it might be related, im using an asus x5msm i7

whywontyoulaunch
28th Aug 2012, 07:04
damn... exact same problem, bought the game in the summer sale but my pc died for a month or so, now i can finaly try to play the game and first it wont run, looked up and found an older .exe to that allows me to start the game but it will crash when i click any option at the left

and it might be related, im using an asus x5msm i7

Me too, same story. Steam sale(before the summer one, but it still reminded me that i had this)+ game crashing+older version of exe= no left dialogue boxes with mom in law and jenny the undercover cop.

This is crazy, these are hugely gamebreaking, and there is no big solution anywhere.

vvr
29th Aug 2012, 22:36
bumping this so they dont forget

vvr
1st Sep 2012, 03:33
bumping this so they dont forget

bumbpity bump

zubu
3rd Nov 2012, 20:45
There is a solution. I tried everything before I decided to try the easiet thing which actually worked:

-> deleted *dll / *exe files
-> revalidated the cache
->played with steam offline
->reinstalled the game
-> found old deus ex exe file on internet and used it for some time

to no avail - my game kept on crashing on choosing the left dialogue option

What worked was updating by drivers - I have an NVIDIA graphic card and I read a thread about old drivers causing the game to crash - installed new drivers, deleted deus ex exe file, revalidated the cache and it works!!! :D