PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Eliza is real now.

Zorvan
27th Aug 2011, 15:58
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/8hgd7x/www.ted.com/talks/paul_debevec_animates_a_photo_real_digital_face.html

Boradam
27th Aug 2011, 16:04
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/8hgd7x/www.ted.com/talks/paul_debevec_animates_a_photo_real_digital_face.html

Pretty neat, I just hope I won't have to run into an electrical filled room with biogel or water puddles in it.

Zorvan
28th Aug 2011, 07:36
Pretty neat, I just hope I won't have to run into an electrical filled room with biogel or water puddles in it.

Just think of the implications this tech brings now. Like say, they make a virtual copy of the little pygmy who runs North Korea right now, so when he dies the North Korean military can cover it up and make the world still think he's alive while running the show themselves.

Or any world leader. Assassinate them, then control the populace through their virtual double.

Think if al-qaida had had access to this tech when bin Laden was killed. They could have had "bin Laden" laughing on video at Obama while Obama was giving the "we got him" speech.

Or even entertainment. Imagine a Leonardo DiCaprio or Natalie Portman who could act for decades and never age a day as they'd only be "voice actors" for themselves.

Boradam
28th Aug 2011, 13:46
Just think of the implications this tech brings now. Like say, they make a virtual copy of the little pygmy who runs North Korea right now, so when he dies the North Korean military can cover it up and make the world still think he's alive while running the show themselves.

Or any world leader. Assassinate them, then control the populace through their virtual double.

Think if al-qaida had had access to this tech when bin Laden was killed. They could have had "bin Laden" laughing on video at Obama while Obama was giving the "we got him" speech.

Or even entertainment. Imagine a Leonardo DiCaprio or Natalie Portman who could act for decades and never age a day as they'd only be "voice actors" for themselves.

Well Tron: Legacy had CGI that allowed Jeff Bridges to appear younger as he was for the original Tron, and THAT was amazingly good, but I can't imagine a photoreal copy of someone on screen because thats just so hard to imagine... and god help the world if Justin Bieber gets his hands on this technology; it wouldn't be the end of the world, but you would see it from there.

Zorvan
28th Aug 2011, 14:14
Well Tron: Legacy had CGI that allowed Jeff Bridges to appear younger as he was for the original Tron, and THAT was amazingly good, but I can't imagine a photoreal copy of someone on screen because thats just so hard to imagine... and god help the world if Justin Bieber gets his hands on this technology; it wouldn't be the end of the world, but you would see it from there.

Yeah, but you could still tell it was a CGI overlay with Jeff Bridges. It actually bugged me every time the "young" Flynn was on screen, because it was too obvious . But if you start that vid at the 5 minute mark, if it didn't say "digital Emily" in the corner, you'd never know that wasn't the real Emily. And Justin Bieber just needs to die. lol