PDA

View Full Version : How to enable the HD3D options?????

micla
27th Aug 2011, 11:42
Dear fellows,

I've got a hd5970 videocard with a syncmaster t27a950 monitor ( both capable/compatible of/with ati's HD3D technic. But i still can't manage to get 3d to work. The option in de starting settingscreen just stays grayd out en is not selectible. In the game itself the option stays red for me. Sinds the game is expecially made for HD3D how is this possible?? I've noticed some strange things in my registers too: in de graphic registers of the game my card is ( i think ) not reconized as a dx11 capable card. at the enable dx11 line, my registers will be set back to 0 by the game, even if i change it to 1. ( it lets me start the game in dx11 though, before it would'nt even do that, and just craches back to the desktop ) I've tried differend videodrivers already, including the latest.

Anyone with the same problems??? Or maybe with a solution???

I want to play in 3d !!!!!! I,ve bought my monitor for this game:hmm:

Sorry for bad english, i'm from the netherlands

specs:
i7 950@4,2 Ghz
HD5970 OC 2GB
6 Gb Corsair dominator 1866 Mhz
1000Watt PSU Corsair
Asus HDAV 1.3 A/V card
Syncmaster T27A950 3D monitor

micla
27th Aug 2011, 12:01
Whoops, forgot to mention that i'm on win7 Ultimate and using a Verterx3 SSD drive

Another problem i have is that the game keeps loading things in to memory, so while i'm playing the game stutters like hell. Can it be my Vertex3 drive? witch i can't defragmentate beceause its a ssd???

@md_Guy
27th Aug 2011, 14:04
Dear fellows,

I've got a hd5970 videocard with a syncmaster t27a950 monitor ( both capable/compatible of/with ati's HD3D technic. But i still can't manage to get 3d to work. The option in de starting settingscreen just stays grayd out en is not selectible. In the game itself the option stays red for me. Sinds the game is expecially made for HD3D how is this possible?? I've noticed some strange things in my registers too: in de graphic registers of the game my card is ( i think ) not reconized as a dx11 capable card. at the enable dx11 line, my registers will be set back to 0 by the game, even if i change it to 1. ( it lets me start the game in dx11 though, before it would'nt even do that, and just craches back to the desktop ) I've tried differend videodrivers already, including the latest.

Anyone with the same problems??? Or maybe with a solution???

I want to play in 3d !!!!!! I,ve bought my monitor for this game:hmm:

Sorry for bad english, i'm from the netherlands

specs:
i7 950@4,2 Ghz
HD5970 OC 2GB
6 Gb Corsair dominator 1866 Mhz
1000Watt PSU Corsair
Asus HDAV 1.3 A/V card
Syncmaster T27A950 3D monitor

Maybe I missed it however iirc, HD3D is only usable on HDMI at either 1080 @ 24Hz or 720p @ 60Hz (again iirc, DVI is not compatible). For 1080@60Hz HD3D you need an HDMI 1.4a/Display Port 1.2 capable card and monitor. Also at this time HD3D (ATI quad buffer) is not compatible with crossfire, be it 2 or more cards or any of the dual GPU cards (5970/6990 etc). You will need to disable crossfire via CCC.

You could try using one of the registry "hacks" to enable Stereoscopy (http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/stereoscopic-3d-gaming/general-stereoscopic-3d-discussions/16660/workaround-enabling-3d) and possibly a 3rd party solution (IZ3D/DDD) though I am not 100% sure.

micla
27th Aug 2011, 14:42
Thnx for reply,

1st, offcause im using hdmi1.4 cabel on my displayport, i thought i would not have to mention that.

second, its impossible for my to disable crossfire as the catalyst drivers do not support that anymore sinds the release of catalyst 10.9. Before i could disable my 2nd gpu trough the ai settings in ccc, but it's not there
anymore. I will try with an older version of catalyst later, but if that's the case it would be really lack of development on both sides, aswell from ati as for eidos to NOT make a dual gpu card ( or CF if you will ) compatable with this aaa HD3D title, where there is extra need for gpu power.

In Avatar everything works fine out of the box, even with crossfire enabled, why can eidos not???

About those registry hacks; i've already tried that and the funny thing is: on my syncmaster 3d monitor it did nothing ( changed the value from 0 to 1,2,3 and 4 , so all possible settings ) and all 3d options stayd unsellectable, and in game offcouse no 3d effect what so ever. So when i jumpt to the conclusion that 3d is not going to work any of these days to come ( maybe later with a patch it will get better ) i turnt back to my primary gamingscreen, wich is a samsung 42 inch LCD ( non 3d !! ) to play the game in 2d, suddenly the game came up with a stereoscopic effect in it. I quickly switched back to my syncmaster 3d screen ( while keeping the game running ) and it also turnt up at my syncmaster in stereoscopic, but the signal was not recconized by my monitor, so my glasses were not turning on. Also in de option menu i was still not able to switch the 3d option on, however in the advanged menu i now COULD ajust the 3d effect slider at this point. I tried a little more with the settings, but i never managed to reproduce this issue eversinds. How strange is that?

again, sorry for bad english

BlackShark
27th Aug 2011, 16:12
AMD HD3D does support DVI Dual-link, Hdmi 1.4 as well as Display-Port.
Your card is on the official supported hardware list, so there should be some way of getting it to work.

The problem with it is that AMD's 3D capability automatic check feature caused lots of issues ever since it was introduced in the very firsts HD3D beta drivers.
Basically, HD3D must detect your screen as 3D capable and then check everything works fine before letting applications using it. All those checks are done in the background and you can't override most of them. If one of these checks fails, it'll just believe you've got a 2D screen and won't enable 3D.
The worst part of it is that AMD Catalyst control panel does not even contain analysis tools. The only way to know is to have an actual application to test it.

The iZ3D drivers contain a diagnostics tool that tells you the state of the AMD Quad buffer support (AQBS) (usually at the last line of the report for each of your screens).
You could try it (maybe you already use the iZ3D driver to convert non 3D games into 3D).

The basic thinking is :
-if iZ3D diagnostic reports AQBS supported : it's the game's fault
-if iZ3D diagnostic reports AQBS unsupported : it's either a connection problem or the AMD driver's fault

Adapters with 3D aren't usually welcome but there are very few reasons for it not to work, unless there are stupid bugs.
Since you've got a DP->hdmi adapter, you have a possibility of a conflict. Display Port and Hdmi 3D signals are completely different, there are no active adapters that support that conversion at the moment (if you've got an active adapter, you're screwed from the start)
If you've got a passive adapter (simple cable rewiring, signal conversion performed internally on the card but 2 displays MAX in total on the card) it should work, but there is still the possibility of a bug where the internal hdmi 1.4 output would only trigger on the DVI->hdmi converters and not on the DP->hdmi ones.
I have not read any reports of other people using this card with such a setup, so I really have NO idea if this is the case... it's just a possibility you can try out.

micla
27th Aug 2011, 18:16
I use both the ddd and the 1z3d software, both comming up ok in the diagnostics and both software programs work well. My issue is limited to deus ex. ( wich i don't want to play with third party software due to performance issues.) So it has nothing to do with cables or that sort of stuff.

"Basically, HD3D must detect your screen as 3D capable and then check everything works fine before letting applications using it. All those checks are done in the background and you can't override most of them. If one of these checks fails, it'll just believe you've got a 2D screen and won't enable 3D."

That's excactly my problem; on my LCD screen, wich is NOT capable of 3d imiges, the game came once up in stereoscopic imige, but on my syncmaster 3d it refuses to do so all of the time.

Again, Avatar works fine ( even on 1080p 60 Hz reald ) , Crysis 2 works fine, DDD works fine etc etc. My problem must be within the game programming.

BlackShark
27th Aug 2011, 18:41
I use both the ddd and the 1z3d software, both comming up ok in the diagnostics and both software programs work well. My issue is limited to deus ex. ( wich i don't want to play with third party software due to performance issues.) So it has nothing to do with cables or that sort of stuff.

If iZ3D and DDD work with HD3D (regardless of side by side, checkerboard, and other modes), then it is indeed an issue with Deus-EX.

NixxesSoftware
27th Aug 2011, 19:25
Are you sure that screen is supported by AMD HD3D, and not by iZ3D in some other way? The AMD list of supported monitors does not list that screen from what I can see?

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-hd3d/pages/supported-hardware.aspx

micla
27th Aug 2011, 22:53
Its right there in your link, under monitors. clearly says samsung 950 series. It's also displayd on the box.

jhunsi
28th Aug 2011, 00:51
good thing i found this thread, I have the same issue with Micla.

tis making me cry...

traviserck
31st Aug 2011, 20:15
Nope samee issue here. When I launched the game the STEREOSCOPIC BUTTON WAS ENITRELY RED and the options to check it in the beginning were greyed out entirely.

I was running crossfire but I disabled it.
Then I had to go into the registry to force the damn stereoscopic option on.
Now,

traviserck
31st Aug 2011, 22:31
Thnx for reply,

1st, offcause im using hdmi1.4 cabel on my displayport, i thought i would not have to mention that.

second, its impossible for my to disable crossfire as the catalyst drivers do not support that anymore sinds the release of catalyst 10.9. Before i could disable my 2nd gpu trough the ai settings in ccc, but it's not there
anymore. I will try with an older version of catalyst later, but if that's the case it would be really lack of development on both sides, aswell from ati as for eidos to NOT make a dual gpu card ( or CF if you will ) compatable with this aaa HD3D title, where there is extra need for gpu power.

In Avatar everything works fine out of the box, even with crossfire enabled, why can eidos not???

About those registry hacks; i've already tried that and the funny thing is: on my syncmaster 3d monitor it did nothing ( changed the value from 0 to 1,2,3 and 4 , so all possible settings ) and all 3d options stayd unsellectable, and in game offcouse no 3d effect what so ever. So when i jumpt to the conclusion that 3d is not going to work any of these days to come ( maybe later with a patch it will get better ) i turnt back to my primary gamingscreen, wich is a samsung 42 inch LCD ( non 3d !! ) to play the game in 2d, suddenly the game came up with a stereoscopic effect in it. I quickly switched back to my syncmaster 3d screen ( while keeping the game running ) and it also turnt up at my syncmaster in stereoscopic, but the signal was not recconized by my monitor, so my glasses were not turning on. Also in de option menu i was still not able to switch the 3d option on, however in the advanged menu i now COULD ajust the 3d effect slider at this point. I tried a little more with the settings, but i never managed to reproduce this issue eversinds. How strange is that?

again, sorry for bad english

Ive been using the HD3D setup since it came out.
Your seeing some of the shortcomings of it, myself, Im shocked that almost a year later and still no crossfire support for it.

However, Im using the latest Catalyst drivers (I have Radeon 6870's in Crossfire) and I can disable crossfire via CCC by unchecking it under the Crossfire tab I just unchecked it and clicked APPLY and although it doesn't say reboot I do it anyway.

Im running catalyst 11.8 . The past cat drivers you can disable it via software driver.
Make sure your under ADVANCED options to do that.

Also make sure GPU SCALING IS DISABLED!!!!
It will cause D3D stereo errors. and crashing.

micla
1st Sep 2011, 01:32
No, for me that's not possible. Because i've a dual GPU card it's not showing that crossfire option as my card is not reconized as being a crossfire setup. All people with dual GPU cards have this problem, forums are full of it.

But i managed to get it to work now with the catalyst 10.11 drivers. That's the latest catalyst where i´m able to turn of my 2nd gpu through the ai setting. In ALL later versions this option is not there anymore. In the gamemenu as wel in the game itself i can now use the stereoscopic options. However i find the stereoscopic effect really awfull, like in crysis 2. It looks no way neer the quality of avatar. Everything is just in de background with a minimum of depth, ( yes the depth slider is up all the way ) only the hud stuff is placed more in front of the screen.

For me this was my last time buying a dual gpu card. It's crazy that people who bought the most expensive card on the market ( for me it was the HD5970, now it's the HD6990 ) can not use that card where it's needed the most: in 3d gaming if they ever going to fix that crossfire problem that is. I can't understeand it very well, Avatar is working awsome in 3d ( reald ) with crossfire enabled and 1080i 60Hz vSync, still the most beautiful game in 3d.