PDA

View Full Version : should i max out my energy?

badmonk
27th Aug 2011, 10:42
hey guys!

ok i started maxing out my energy, but unless i eat candy bars etc, its always @ just one green battery, even though i got 3 unlocked atm!

is it always like this please? i mean if i unlock the energy tree fully, will i have 3 greel lit and ready to use batterys all the time, or do you always just get one as default and then have to eat to recharge the others please?

thanks!

Oddness
27th Aug 2011, 12:28
You only get one battery recharge regardless of how many you unlock.

Torytrae
27th Aug 2011, 12:58
What is the Point of adding more then?

tZer
27th Aug 2011, 13:03
That you can keep more saved up in case you're going into a battle or other situation where you might need 5 bars at once? e.g. Cloaking for an extended time, or taking out 5 guys one after the other.

Oddness
27th Aug 2011, 13:08
So certain powers like cloak can have a longer duration or so you can use takedowns in rapid succession. I found it largely useless to upgrade since no ability requires more than that one charge to work, and with the default two charges you can get up to 14 seconds of cloak or two takedowns which is all you'll ever really need.

Upgrading the recharge rate is probably worth it though.

badmonk
27th Aug 2011, 15:50
Ahh thanks for the reply guys :)
yeah I have maxed out my recharge speed but don't think I am gonna bother with the extra batteries as I got 3 atm and seems good enough for now!

Tbh I understand why the devs did it this way, re only have one full battery at a time, if you could have 3/4/5 etc then you would breeze through the game doing take downs left, right and center! Plus using your aug powers every second! It is more fair and balanced this way!!

Brian175
27th Aug 2011, 15:55
Ahh thanks for the reply guys :)
yeah I have maxed out my recharge speed but don't think I am gonna bother with the extra batteries as I got 3 atm and seems good enough for now!

Tbh I understand why the devs did it this way, re only have one full battery at a time, if you could have 3/4/5 etc then you would breeze through the game doing take downs left, right and center! Plus using your aug powers every second! It is more fair and balanced this way!!

Considering it would take forever to charge 5 batteries, I don't really think it's so.

badmonk
27th Aug 2011, 16:03
Considering it would take forever to charge 5 batteries, I don't really think it's so.

Can just buy those candy bars or cyberboost packs! Those will replenish all bars no?

Brian175
27th Aug 2011, 16:19
Can just buy those candy bars or cyberboost packs! Those will replenish all bars no?

Here's the catch, say you consume a bar and now have 3 full energy bars. You then knock out a wall or use your pheromones in a conversation, normally if you just have one energy bar it recharges, but if you have 3 you just wasted one. Which means you need to save the candy bars before you decide to do anything cool, consume them, then do cool ****. It was just slightly annoying and made the extra batteries one of the worst augments. I really don't think having 5 batteries would be that unbalanced if they recharge as slow as they do. On top of that, Sam Fisher can take anybody down over and over again, but you still can't just storm a room because you'll be shot and killed. If you invested into the dermal augment, and I never did, so I don't know how invincible it makes you, I think you earned the right to be a walking behemoth and just knock the **** out of guys. It just seem like the bosses were uber-badasses, and Jensen wasn't even towards the end of the game merely because of the battery limitation. I guess I'm just a powergamer and like to see my character start whooping ass after he's leveled up. I actually probably could have played the game without augments minus the hack and not miss a beat. They were superfluous.