PDA

View Full Version : Game Breaking Bug - Hengsha (Minor Spoiler, but Suggest you Read)

Nokturnalex
27th Aug 2011, 10:01
For the part of the main quest where you're supposed to get the access card to get into Tai Young Medical, I'm assuming it's because I broke into this room the minute I got to Hengsha, but no matter how hard I try it won't let me loot the access card. I also managed to get the bug where in Cloak in Daggers where the last gang-member you have to kill teleports off the map. That one was annoying, but it didn't completely break the game for me.

I'm just gonna start all over again from scratch, i know I could reload from when I got to Hengsha but might as well get the achievement for Cloak and Dagger done with since it broke too.

Attached is a screenshot of the problem

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/nokturnalex/2011-08-27_00001.jpg

Note to self and anyone else: Do all your quests first, DO NOT EXPLORE AT ALL, till all your quests are done.

thatfool
27th Aug 2011, 10:18
This might not be related to exploration - Finding that card was one of the first things I did in Heng Sha and I was able to pick it up then. It wasn't below the table for me as it appears to be in your screenshot, though. Later when it came up in that main quest, Adam just said he just so happened to have one of the cards already.

Trizz420
28th Aug 2011, 01:46
Found the card on top of the bench in that room, i havent even been to the building yet as i am having trouble getting around china just got there cant find it yet. But yeah i explore everything first and it was fine (xbox360)

lellyville
30th Aug 2011, 01:40
how do we fix this problem?

lellyville
30th Aug 2011, 02:36
i unloaded all my nades and bullets on the glass table, it doesn't even break.

Sigh..............................

BallisticMT
30th Aug 2011, 03:48
HMMM, i posted about this a couple of days ago, same thing happended to me as well. I had to restart the game.

lellyville
30th Aug 2011, 03:54
god damn it..

emppill
1st Sep 2011, 18:58
anyone found anythign how to fix it?
Im going to reinstall, maybe that will work?
EDIT, you cant reinstall without breaking the save file....

Fluffis
1st Sep 2011, 19:23
Did anyone try to zone somewhere and zone back? Maybe that will dislodge it?

emppill
1st Sep 2011, 19:29
Did anyone try to zone somewhere and zone back? Maybe that will dislodge it?

How do you zone back?
EDIT I looked for a way back to detroit, couldnt find any...and ive walked in and out from the "zones" nearby more than a few times

Fluffis
1st Sep 2011, 19:44
How do you zone back?
EDIT I looked for a way back to detroit, couldnt find any...and ive walked in and out from the "zones" nearby more than a few times

Yeah, that's the zoning I meant. Just wanted to cover all the bases, as it were.

What's your platform? (Don't think I've seen that mentioned on either of these threads, for anyone of the people who get the bug)

Whalecore
1st Sep 2011, 20:56
I have the same problem. Keycard is under the table and I can't take it from there (watched a part of some walkthrough and it's supposed to be on the table). Really wouldn't want to start the game from scratch again, I progress so slowly :D

emppill
1st Sep 2011, 21:09
The platform is PC

emppill
1st Sep 2011, 21:10
Yeah, that's the zoning I meant. Just wanted to cover all the bases, as it were.

What's your platform? (Don't think I've seen that mentioned on either of these threads, for anyone of the people who get the bug)

The platform is PC at least for me, first i was thinking maybe there's some noclip command or something but alas i was wrong

Fluffis
1st Sep 2011, 21:12
The platform is PC

Okay. Now we just need to hear the same thing from the rest of the people who have the same bug. If all are on the PC, then things have been narrowed a lot.

FluffyPuppy
1st Sep 2011, 22:17
this is more bad spawns eidos refuses to acknowledge they tell us "other ppl have passed this with no problems ETC" cant even move forward. and whats with their responses on this. We cant beat the game the game is bugged to hell. all i can say is ill never preorder from eidos again. especially how they treat us when we report bugs and its been quite a while these bugs have been reported on. great we bought the game and cant go forward because of bad spawns.

Fluffis
1st Sep 2011, 22:51
this is more bad spawns eidos refuses to acknowledge they tell us "other ppl have passed this with no problems ETC" cant even move forward. and whats with their responses on this. We cant beat the game the game is bugged to hell. all i can say is ill never preorder from eidos again. especially how they treat us when we report bugs and its been quite a while these bugs have been reported on. great we bought the game and cant go forward because of bad spawns.

Well, in all fairness, it does seem like most people actually did manage to get past it. It's possible that this kind of thing is the result of a setting somewhere, or something like that. It's kind of like the frame limiter bug in GTA:SA - when you were supposed to scare the mafia thug. If you turned the frame limiter off, the in-game cutscene would get stuck on the garage door. You turned it on, there was no problem.

Just try some stuff (reloading after each)... like lowering all settings. Raising them. If vsync is on, turn it off. If it is off, turn it on. Stuff like that. If you can help nail down what it is that's causing the bug, EM will be able to fix it that much faster.

timeforcrime
7th Sep 2011, 04:54
I am also experiencing this problem :/

megs
8th Sep 2011, 20:32
This is a cross platform issue. I have it on ps3 and other ppl have posted who have it on xbox. I know it has been passed to the devs (see my post). Changing settings won't affect it, the spawning of the card is bugged sometimes, I doubt eidos will fix this.

DT209
11th Sep 2011, 09:23
Hope I'm not to late for this but I found a way to get the card. Here's what you do. Grab a body and put it on top of the glass table. Try to make any body part goes through the glass and the floor where the card is (what i did was jump and pull the body at the same time while on top of the card, hope this help). Once you see the card disappear, go down on the third floor (last room) and you should see the card on top of the glass table or on the ground but not through the glass table. If you don't see it, keep trying. I did this senario 5 times and it work for me. Hope this helps and not restarting the game =) GL

licefork
13th Sep 2011, 18:25
Hope I'm not to late for this but I found a way to get the card. Here's what you do. Grab a body and put it on top of the glass table. Try to make any body part goes through the glass and the floor where the card is (what i did was jump and pull the body at the same time while on top of the card, hope this help). Once you see the card disappear, go down on the third floor (last room) and you should see the card on top of the glass table or on the ground but not through the glass table. If you don't see it, keep trying. I did this senario 5 times and it work for me. Hope this helps and not restarting the game =) GL

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! IT WORKS! I have spent DAYS trying to figure out how to get that card! I will record a video on this exact method and post it back here :) The easiest way is to position you and a leg on top of the card and jump/grab. The leg will go deep into the floor making sure it goes all the way through the floor/roof :)

EDIT:
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nHLm8IfBqU

I gave proper credits at the end :) SPREAD THE WEALTH!

DT209
14th Sep 2011, 04:52
NP =)