PDA

View Full Version : So, what was everyone's total play time???

Jewseph
27th Aug 2011, 07:16
According to Steam,

I've played for 20 hours. And I bloody did every last thing I could find in the game. EVERYTHING.

I must just be a fast player or something... Cause, I definitely did not get the 30-40 some reviewers were saying. XD
Not complaining, just saying.

DAMN GOOD GAME. Well worth every penny I put into it. Still have a few achievements to get; But overall, One astounding game.

Thank you Eidos for one hell of a game.

Loved every bit of the story, the gameplay, the immersion, the detail and art and style. All of it.
This is one game I will not forget, that is for sure.

Smiles all 'round.

strayfe
27th Aug 2011, 08:35
Steam says I'm at 20 hours too. I haven't even been into the hive yet. I just finished the quest Rotten business from one of the girls at the Nightclub. It's the side quests where you have to assassinate a guy and make it look like an accident.

I've done all the side quests I could find. And I take time to smell the flowers. Ie, I hack into just about everything. That and I spent like 3-4 hours just sneaking through the police station and tranquilizing half the cops to hack into their computers. You can do a LOT more than you are asked to do in the game. If you go out of your way to explore vents, hack, and find clever ways of clearing buildings of NPC's, you will probably be adding a good amount of hours onto the gameplay.

I had to kill some of the cops in the station unfortunately. One thing that I didn't figure however, was that afterwards I had to escape through the sewers so that I wouldn't be shot by cops. I finally did that and later when I went back to Sarif headquarters, my co-workers would tell me how they heard about a terrible massacre happening at the police station, how they hope the criminal gets caught and executed, ect.

I must say when I first got to china, I was completely taken by the scenery. I couldn't stop walking around and then looking up at the giant upper level of the city with the Veetols flying past far above in the distance. The relative feel and size of the atmosphere was just so epic, providing the looks to convince you that there is actually a city above your head.

Zorvan
27th Aug 2011, 09:54
Game finished right at the 40 hour mark. If you finished in 20 hours, you did not "do everything". :lol:

Jewseph
27th Aug 2011, 13:32
That is why I think steam is lying.

And I had to of done everything. I Literally talked to every NPC, explored and went everywhere I could go.

I rarely did any fighting though. I sneaked and talked my way through the whole game... So it went a good bit fast for me.

I've been playing since the 23rd too. At about 5 hours or more at a time. So I should be at around... 30 or so hours.

CarpeNukemXVIII
27th Aug 2011, 13:40
Playing on PS3, and I'm having a hard time figuring my play time out. It had to have been at least 30-35 hours, since I read everything, did every mission and explored nearly every corner of the game.

DisaFear
27th Aug 2011, 13:52
I'm at 15 hours and I am up to Picus, I'd say I've explored 95% of what I've left, done all sidequests

Fleszovsky
27th Aug 2011, 14:01
I've done everything and it's 21h

Thomac
27th Aug 2011, 14:11
Almost 17 hours, but I saved a lot of stuff for my second play-through.

Boradam
27th Aug 2011, 15:26
That is why I think steam is lying.

And I had to of done everything. I Literally talked to every NPC, explored and went everywhere I could go.

I rarely did any fighting though. I sneaked and talked my way through the whole game... So it went a good bit fast for me.

I've been playing since the 23rd too. At about 5 hours or more at a time. So I should be at around... 30 or so hours.

You never know, Deus Ex has had hundreds or thousands of people be suprised 10 years after it was released with Alex Jacobsons hidden compartment...

Heh.

I saw my steam at 27 when I finished the game, then I logged on today and it was 19...

NINETEEN.

I know I have to do another playthrough now...

MaxxQ1
27th Aug 2011, 17:10
18 hours in and I haven't even gotten into the police station yet. Been doing side quests and exploring, talking to everyone, etc. Trying a stealthy, non-lethal playthrough, so a *lot* of the time is used simply waiting and watching patrol patterns.

Charadesmith
27th Aug 2011, 17:13
"And I bloody did every last thing I could find in the game. EVERYTHING. "

Sorry but i doubt that

Took me 35 hours to finish, did all quests and explored a lot but still finding new things on 2nd playthrough

CaptainChaos
27th Aug 2011, 17:38
I am clocked in at 41 hours and i haven't passed Detroit! I should note that I replayed the entire first mission (did it first as stealth pure then as a fire fight) and I reload frequently to try to get the perfect ghost bonus. Also, I was gun farming so much that I picked up about an extra 10-15k.