PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tip Exploit: Farming Guns

CaptainChaos
27th Aug 2011, 07:11
I have noticed that if have a particular gun, say the 10mm and collect another one, that you wind up with one gun and more ammo. However, if you want to earn money, and if you can keep going back to the same spot, collect them one at a time and sell them right away. So for instance, in Detroit, instead of collecting guns from (punks, cops, etc.) that I already have, I sell the one I have and go and pick up the gun from the person I just knocked unconscious (or killed). It's very time intensive but very lucrative. If you have a modded gun, just drop it before you pick up the unmodded same model, and then retrieve the modded one later! Enjoy your fat bank account!!

balanced
27th Aug 2011, 09:25
I thought of that, but then didn't bother as you say it has to be done one by one, but it's upto 630credits a time when you kill the police with their rifles. Maybe on a replay I will do it for something different to do.

tZer
27th Aug 2011, 10:08
Killing cops and selling their guns lucrative? That's a new one.

CaptainChaos
27th Aug 2011, 14:49
haha I wasn't quite that evil. Two of them I knocked unconscious and there were many guns lying around anyway. I guess I have no life :) so I just kept painstakingly going back and forth. I made several thousand credits just doing this, tho since the clinic only seems to have one spare praxis kit at that point, I'm not sure if it will come in handy - I'm only still in Detroit! but at least I'm getting my money's worth out of this game...

GreyTemplar
27th Aug 2011, 14:52
I thought of that, but then didn't bother as you say it has to be done one by one, but it's upto 630credits a time when you kill the police with their rifles. Maybe on a replay I will do it for something different to do.

Killing cops with their rifles just to sell their weapons? Man... those augs must have f***** your Jensen's mind up royally ROFL.

CaptainChaos
27th Aug 2011, 15:33
are some humans immune to it or does clothing stop it or something? I hit someone twice and they didn't go down. I seem to have this issue a lot. Any thoughts? thanks!

CaptainChaos
28th Aug 2011, 15:43
GreyTemplar, LOL! I sort of suspended his morality, like hacking every apartment and stealing their credit chips. Not something I would want him to do, but since you can walk up to a cop desk, take their money (and that's ok, no problem) but if you hack their computer, then they get mad and SHOOT you. Sophisticated morality here... lol.

Metatron1337
28th Aug 2011, 15:47
This method conflicts a little if you upgrade your guns...
I guess you can still do it with guns you don't use...
But whats the point of farming money anyway? You get the 10k for the 2 praxis kits at the 5 possible locations every time easy anyway, and guns'n'ammo are walking around ripe for harvest basically EVERYWHERE. :D

alanschu
28th Aug 2011, 17:30
The one issue though is I find money really isn't a huge issue in the game. I do always turn in and sell the weapons I have picked up that I am not using, but it's too time extensive to do it for every weapon I see, for far too little payoff.

dimljajvbu
28th Aug 2011, 18:36
If you could always buy praxis kits, as I had assumed was possible at the start, money would be much more desirable. I had started off with the don't-pick-up-a-gun-without-first-selling-previous-one stuff, but gave up on that after finding that there wasn't really anything I'd need money for.

thetrac3r
28th Aug 2011, 19:20
To me, it's not an exploit. You looted 5 guns, might as well be able to sell 5 guns (if you do it 1 by 1, of course). The whole "pick up gun, get ammo" is to save your limited inventory space.

The others in the thread are right, though. You only need money for Pracis kits and maybe cyberboost tubs. And I bought nearly every single one in the game - without needing the above trick.

Money isn't so crucial.

Erogath
28th Aug 2011, 21:08
To me, it's not an exploit. You looted 5 guns, might as well be able to sell 5 guns (if you do it 1 by 1, of course). The whole "pick up gun, get ammo" is to save your limited inventory space.

The others in the thread are right, though. You only need money for Pracis kits and maybe cyberboost tubs. And I bought nearly every single one in the game - without needing the above trick.

Money isn't so crucial.

^^This. I just left for TYM on my first play through, I've bought everything (praxis kits, energy bars, hypostims, weapon upgrades, etc.) that was of any use to me and I've pocketed like 30k credits without going out of my way to resell individual weapons (and I'm reallytired of hearing that chinese weapons dealer whine about me making him poor). Money is effectively useless and in total abundance with minimal effort.

Abram730
28th Aug 2011, 23:48
This is why fast travel is a no no...

If you've got the time you can make some cash... It takes hours to really make some big cash and it's more of a RPG choice(I'm rich B***h) as you get plenty of cash just selling as normal.