PDA

View Full Version : Ghost / Smooth operator bug?

desertfoxg
27th Aug 2011, 05:58
I'm trying to do a foxiest of the hounds run through. For the police station, I snuck in from the third floor fire escape, went down to the morgue, and grabbed the chip, all without being seen or taking anyone out. Didn't cause any alarms, and was not seen by anyone other than the quest NPC, and didn't get ghost or smooth operator bonuses. I looked on youtube, and there's walkthrough videos where people have gotten the bonuses for doing the same thing I did. What's up? What am I doing wrong? this is on deus ex difficulty

also for the first mission (the sarif factory) I got the ghost bonus for the first "step" of the mission, but on the second step, I only knocked out two guys and hid them where there weren't any other patrols, and never even caused an alarm or caused a camera to become suspicious, and did not receive ghost bonus. Is there something Im missing?

captainbob
29th Aug 2011, 19:53
Got the same problem, i cant get "Smooth Operator" when completing "Investigating The Suicide Terrorist".
I've convinced the guy to let me enter, gone to the morgue, never activated any alarm, get the chip but didnt get "Smooth Operator". Finished the game ... and no achievement. I really think that this mission screwed my achievement.
Started a new game, same mission, this time i've not talked to the guy, gone to the morgue the stealth way, nobody saw me, no alarms, still no "Smooth Operator".
I'm playing on xbox360 and it seriously look like a bug.

But to answer to the op, in the first mission, sarif factory, it seems there is no "smooth operator" to earn.
According to the guide and other boards, smooth operator is only availaible for these missions:

------------------------ SPOILERS -------------------------------

Detroit
M5 - Investigating the Suicide Terrorist

M9/M10 - FEMA Camp
Infiltrate the Mercenary Compound
Locate the Mercenary Leader

Tai Yong Medical
M1 - Searching for Proof
M2 - Entering the Dragon's Lair

Picus
M1 - Confronting Eliza Cassan
Escape the ambush by reaching a lower floor
Summon the Funicular
Get inside room 802-11

Detroit 2
M2 - Finding Isaias Sandoval
Go to the Convention Center and obtain Sandoval's location from Taggart.
Find and confront Sandoval

Hengsha 2
M4 - Stowing Away
Retrieve Tong's Package from the Shed
Place the C4 on Administrator Wang's Desk

Omega Ranch
M1 - Rescuing Megan and Her team
Search for Signs of Megan's Team
Disable the Signal Jammer
Upload a virus to the security computer and enter the restricted area

Panchaea
M1 - Shutting Down Darrow's Signal
Get inside the tower and disengage the lockdown
Reach the Broadcast Center

hausimtheboss
29th Aug 2011, 23:01
Hey Guys:

I have this SAME problem for the first part of the first mission, infiltrating the factory. I do EVERYTHING RIGHT, knock out the guard quietly, hide his body in that tiny room on the left, move the box, jump up, etc. until i get to that vent. No one hears me, I have done this over and over again, probably 7-10 times now and no "ghost". And I know no one sees me because this last time, I was focusing on the map, and I never saw a "hostile" or "alert".

Can someone explain this to me?

dimljajvbu
30th Aug 2011, 00:07
I think the bonuses are for whole missions, not each part of each mission?

And.. I sneaked in and out for the police station mission, and didn't get Smooth Operator...

captainbob
30th Aug 2011, 07:48
Actually the 'Ghost' bonus is useless, i mean yeah it gives you XP, but getting all the ghost bonuses isnt needed for any achievement (you only need one for the ghost achievement, so by the end of the game you'll eventually have it if you're stealth) . So even if it bugs it doesnt matter.
The real problem are 'Smooth Operator' bonuses since getting all of these is the condition to get the achievement 'the foxiest of hound'.
And yeah there is definitely a problem with the police station... If someone could help us, im kind of tired restarting the game and failing the achievement every time.

SiG
31st Aug 2011, 09:02
On the PS3 you cannot get smooth operator on the police station if you talk to the guy and he lets you in. Only way to get is to sneak in. I never got smooth operator until I did it that way. No clue about the other platforms, though.

captainbob
31st Aug 2011, 09:17
Finally ended my second playthrough and this time earned the achievement. The only difference is that this time i managed to get smooth operator on the police station mission, after several tries.
Like said above it seems that if you speak to the guy and convince him to let you in you wont get smooth operator.
But its not the only thing that screw smooth operator. It seems that trying to do the morgue quest and megan's mother sidequest at the same time is also a bad idea. During one of my try i did morgan mother's sidequest objectives and then went to the morgue by the sewers and ... didnt get smooth operator. Of course no alarms, and nobody saw me. Dont know which objective screws the morgue mission but my advice would be be doing the morgue first, validate the quest, get your smooth operator, and then go back to the police station and do morgan's mother quest.

juhh
31st Aug 2011, 10:39
I reloaded my saves even when someone just barely saw me, and i didnt got the trophy...
FUUU

pol4446
31st Aug 2011, 22:51
I found that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0lDX2xODWY Here is bonus ghost and smooth operator. I tried but it just does not work.

SiG
1st Sep 2011, 05:01
Yup, seems to work fine on the PC. Just won't happen on my ps3 lol

Rockn-Roll
1st Sep 2011, 08:17
Is there some way to check for bonuses after playing a mission? I mean...other than frantically memorizing/writing down the bonuses during the 2 or 3 seconds that they are displayed on the screen. Like, I played through the morgue mission on its own...no side missions...I talked to the front desk guy and insulted him until he wouldn't talk to me at all and then I slipped in and out without setting off any alarms or alerting any guards...all clean knock-outs. But, the thing is that I get like 5 or 6 lines of bonuses and stuff that I'm not sure if the smooth operator was one of them. I did earn Ghost on the first day of playing, but I don't know what mission scored it for me.

I mean...is there a log file or something that we can check?

cooket3
14th Nov 2011, 20:28
Hi

I have completed the game several times now and fustrated!! After reading in the forums, I too can not seem to achieve a 'smooth operator' when investigating the suicide terrorist. No one spotted me or became 'alarmed' or 'suspicious'. Eidos should release a patch for this!

I am on my PS3, has anyone managed to achieve smooth operator on this level? If you have what method did you use?

Thanks

PugPug
16th Nov 2011, 22:11
If you have ever been spotted in a mission, you lose Ghost on that mission forever. Same with Smooth Operator and alarms.

It's a bug. Even if you are spotted and reload a past save, the game remembers that you were spotted. Even if this happened on a previous playthrough and you have started over, the bonus is still locked out for you.

The only fix is to go to your Steam/Userdata/[your user #/28050 folder (you will lose all of your saves/settings, so back it up in case you change your mind).

-Chris-
18th Nov 2011, 16:39
Another way to get ghost, when you can access the conversion centre for the speech in room with lots of reporters (Bill Taggart find). Ignore this room & head for the toilets near the guarded door with a camera above it. The left set has air ducts you can sneak through.

Drop into the back stage room, make sure the door in this room is shut, hack the computer terminal to get ghost. To get out alive, break through cracked wall & use three large wooden boxes stacked landscape to create access back into ducts.

cooket3
19th Nov 2011, 18:35
If you have ever been spotted in a mission, you lose Ghost on that mission forever. Same with Smooth Operator and alarms.

It's a bug. Even if you are spotted and reload a past save, the game remembers that you were spotted. Even if this happened on a previous playthrough and you have started over, the bonus is still locked out for you.

The only fix is to go to your Steam/Userdata/[your user #/28050 folder (you will lose all of your saves/settings, so back it up in case you change your mind).

How do I access "Steam/Userdata/[your user #/28050 folder"?. If I uninstall and delete all saves will this work?

Thanks again

-Chris-
19th Nov 2011, 20:35
Go to where you installed steam e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\steam
Within this folder go to Userdata\some numbers\28050\remote
This is the folder that contains your save game data

cooket3
19th Nov 2011, 20:45
Hi. I am on a PS3

cooket3
23rd Nov 2011, 16:22
Hi, I uninstalled everything got rid of all saves and and have now achieved the smooth operator!