PDA

View Full Version : Doors should be highlighted

nomotog
27th Aug 2011, 01:53
This is more or less one of my only complaint about the game so far. Locked doors aren't highlighted. This means I can only guess what doors can be broke, what ones can't or what ones are just painted on. Having only the lock highlighted also gives the false impression that the lock is the only way to open the door, but that's not true as a lot can be blow open by weapons. I just don't think that doors need to be the only thing we can't see the stats on.

It's a small change that I am hopping can be slipped into a patch.

CoDEllite
27th Aug 2011, 02:02
Are u fraking kidding me? First u guys whine to remove all highlighting because it broke immersion and now ur asking for this? Dont u think its like more immersive to have to walk over there and like to try see if the door can be opened or not like u would in real life. Immersion u know

nomotog
27th Aug 2011, 02:08
Are u fraking kidding me? First u guys whine to remove all highlighting because it broke immersion and now ur asking for this? Dont u think its like more immersive to have to walk over there and like to try see if the door can be opened or not like u would in real life. Immersion u know

I never complained about the highlighting and now that people can just turn it off no one else will. The reason I'm asking for this is well stated in the original post. It's still rather hard to tell if a door is glass and can be shot open, or magic glass that can't, or maybe it's just hard glass that will brake when you explode it. A unlocked door shows all this information. (Information that you don't need because it's unlocked.) I think this information should be shown even when the door is locked.

CoDEllite
27th Aug 2011, 02:11
I never complained about the highlighting and now that people can just turn it off no one else will. The reason I'm asking for this is well stated in the original post. It's still rather hard to tell if a door is glass and can be shot open, or magic glass that can't, or maybe it's just hard glass that will brake when you explode it. A unlocked door shows all this information. (Information that you don't need because it's unlocked.) I think this information should be shown even when the door is locked.

But dude my point is that its like in real life if u go up to a glass door ur not gonna know if its bulletproof glass or not unless u try. Trial and error is the only way u can learn in real life. Shoot the door and find out. I think its kinda cool that u have to do the same in the game. If I were u I would have the highlighting turned off all the time. Its just adds to the fun of discovery in the game

Ashpolt
27th Aug 2011, 02:14
But dude my point is that its like in real life if u go up to a glass door ur not gonna know if its bulletproof glass or not unless u try. Trial and error is the only way u can learn in real life. Shoot the door and find out. I think its kinda cool that u have to do the same in the game. If I were u I would have the highlighting turned off all the time. Its just adds to the fun of discovery in the game

If you get shot in real life, you're not fully recovered less than a minute later.

Lesson here? Games =/= real life.

CoDEllite
27th Aug 2011, 02:18
If you get shot in real life, you're not fully recovered less than a minute later.

Lesson here? Games =/= real life.

U would if u were augmented like Adam DUH

RedFeather1975
27th Aug 2011, 02:22
Unlocked doors showing durability and locked doors not showing it, is definitely... strange.

nomotog
27th Aug 2011, 02:34
U would if u were augmented like Adam DUH

And the highlighting is also part of being augmented. It's even referenced in world.