PDA

View Full Version : This game is too easy. What's the deal?

PrinsJonis
27th Aug 2011, 00:38
I must say I absolutely love the game, it's very immersive and all... but that's it. I'm really dissapointed with the difficulty of the game. If I pick the hardest setting, then I expect a challenge. This game was nothing compared to Deus Ex 1 on Realistic, which I played ~2001. For a moment I thought we were suposed to move forward in terms of gameplay, but I guess not?

While the whole "cover" thing is cool, it just makes the game too easy. No first person shooters should have 3rd person view if they are serious about offering a challenge for people who are looking for a challenge. On the hardest setting, I expect to be able to use all the tools available and STILL struggle.

I guess it's just the result of games becoming easier and easier over the years, I truly feel sorry for the people born 92 or later. I suspect that soon enough people won't even be able to lose in games because all they are about is a "second life" type of thing where things look as realistic as possible.

IdiotInAJeep
27th Aug 2011, 00:42
http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/meh.ro5681.jpg

Fixed.

LeMoN_LiMe
I find the difficulty in terms of damage just fine on Deus Ex.

Only problem I can find is even on Deus Ex it's a little to easy to aim from cover. They should remove the crosshairs while in cover so you can't line up a head shot as easy.

In terms of games becoming to easy, stop being so melodramatic. :rolleyes:

Black-Xero
I was fine with the difficulty so no complaints from me although I can understand why some would be disappointed with it.

Graeme
27th Aug 2011, 00:44
I agree 100%. The boss fights are a huge exception for me; I died a number of times on the first and third ones. The game is brilliant but it was way too easy to sneak around and do everything that way.

I'm playing it through again on the hardest difficult, doing it Rambo-style (i.e. more like a straight shooter). It's quite fun and much more challenging so far. Instead of sneaking through an area, I'm sneaking into a good position to attack from and then kill everything in the room.

I only killed a few people in very tight situations on my first playthrough so it was hard to go all out and butcher everyone.

Charadesmith
27th Aug 2011, 00:51
It's pretty much the game's only flaw imo. But i don't think the cover system has much to do with it. maybe removing radar would help. Aside from that there isn't much to do. The original was easy too. Any stealth based game with quick saves and quick loads will be easy. Any mistake is easily rectified

So..it's probably best that it's like this. It's good and fun. Changes to force difficulty could have broke it

Graeme
27th Aug 2011, 01:51
I think a lot of the easiness comes from playing the original so much. Once you know how to sneak around...the game is very easy, except for a parts here and there.

ReliantLion
27th Aug 2011, 02:00
Unbind the cover key. Problem solved. Now it's a FPS!

dimljajvbu
27th Aug 2011, 02:25
One problem, I feel, is that they made it so there's no "wrong choice" for augs. I think I read somewhere it should be possible to complete with no extra augs at all. This makes the augs rather redundant... At the highest level of difficulty, this shouldn't be the case. Give people choices, sure, so they can do whatever a different way depending on which augs they may have, but make these choices at least require some augs. Some things that are "given" at the start of the game would be more suitable as "optional buys" as well, like the radar and regenerating health.

And yes, the third-person makes things a lot easier, nevermind ruining the immersion. If the stealth and the combat from cover were designed for first rather than third-person, the difficulty could be improved.

And as for

Any stealth based game with quick saves and quick loads will be easy.
You try playing Thief 2 with the fanmade AI tweaks, or the Hitman games. Sure, mistakes are quickly rectified. But it's very easy to "make a mistake", thus, difficulty.

PrinsJonis
27th Aug 2011, 02:53
Another thing is the auto regeneration, what's up with that thing? In Deus Ex 1 atleast you had to manage your resources, if you got hurt you had to spend resources to be able to heal. Right now in a fight I can regenerate to full just by sitting behind cover... lmao.

CoDEllite
27th Aug 2011, 03:09
Another thing is the auto regeneration, what's up with that thing? In Deus Ex 1 atleast you had to manage your resources, if you got hurt you had to spend resources to be able to heal. Right now in a fight I can regenerate to full just by sitting behind cover... lmao.

YEAH WHAT IS UP WITH THAT :confused:???!!! Developers totally snuck that one by us

Sodel
27th Aug 2011, 03:15
Yeah health regen is a big problem in DeusEX:HR especially since enemies actually let you take a pause and not attack whenever you want. Health-Regen during fights is no-go.

Dentrick
27th Aug 2011, 03:49
Quit feeding it, maybe it will go away.

ocstew
27th Aug 2011, 03:51
Did you want enemies to be stronger than you?

dimljajvbu
27th Aug 2011, 03:52
The health-regen aug could be more acceptable if you weren't given it, and it was expensive, 10 or something praxis points say. That way it'd be a definite choice you'd have to make vs other augs.
It does seem to be a "modern" thing though. Old games - you're hurt, you'd use a medkit/stimpack/health potion/food/whatever-it-happened-to-be-called-in-your-game, or just reload. Now - you just wait. Progress :rolleyes:

The energy-regen is weird too. One cell recharges automatically, others need food. How does that work? :scratch:
The recharge of the extra cells somehow consumes the food? Are you walking around perpetually hungry then? Why can't you eat several things, then when you use the energy, it recharges from that? Why doesn't whatever recharges the first cell recharge the others? :nut:

originalDX
27th Aug 2011, 04:41
The health-regen aug could be more acceptable if you weren't given it, and it was expensive, 10 or something praxis points say. That way it'd be a definite choice you'd have to make vs other augs.
It does seem to be a "modern" thing though. Old games - you're hurt, you'd use a medkit/stimpack/health potion/food/whatever-it-happened-to-be-called-in-your-game, or just reload. Now - you just wait. Progress :rolleyes:

The energy-regen is weird too. One cell recharges automatically, others need food. How does that work? :scratch:
The recharge of the extra cells somehow consumes the food? Are you walking around perpetually hungry then? Why can't you eat several things, then when you use the energy, it recharges from that? Why doesn't whatever recharges the first cell recharge the others? :nut:

Think about what you are saying. Regen is not anything like food or medkit. That's ridiculous. Seems you are used to the newer games like COD and gears and multiplayer death matches the newer generation. When you need health kits is a mater of saving space for them exploring to find them (and in the better games they are far and few) managing when you are going to need them most conserving etc. And if you need to keep restarting at previous saves you aren't doing very well. I remember I had both my legs blowing off and needed to climb a latter in DE1 quickly the enemy was after me and I had to get out. I had nothing to restore me to normal function and couldn't make it up the latter, not to mention it was impossible to live through as I was ambushed inevitably again and again. So I had to start much further back in that level where I had more resources and this time was force to use better tactics and how I would manage my equipment.

How I wish they made games like these these again.

And I agree it is much easier when you use the cover and go into 3rd person when doing stealth.
I was originally staying in first person because I didn't want to us standard Console cover system which
I never liked anyway in other games that use it. I asked someone at work how the were managing to get by
the enemy and he said he was using this-sticking to walls and things and that he was having no problems. After using it myself I found the stealth to be very easy not to mention
it seem the only way too do it as it is the way the game is designed.
Plus if its there and its going to make it easier who is not going to us it.
If you force yourself to stay in first person you are not going to know what route to take and know when the enemy is turning and where they are and are going to be at a given time and so instead you are taking chances that he won't see you when you cross. Also, there are no dark areas to take find where you can move under cover and sound doesn't
play to be significant a roll in this game either.

Sponge
27th Aug 2011, 05:13
I must say I absolutely love the game, it's very immersive and all... but that's it. I'm really dissapointed with the difficulty of the game. If I pick the hardest setting, then I expect a challenge. This game was nothing compared to Deus Ex 1 on Realistic, which I played ~2001. For a moment I thought we were suposed to move forward in terms of gameplay, but I guess not?

Maybe... just maybe... you've gotten better in 10 years of game playing? ;)

ZakKa89
27th Aug 2011, 05:31
Deus ex on realistic is much, much easier than DEHR on hardest... (I've been playing both this week)

there are some AI troubles and there is way too much 9mm ammo. It's still challenging enough and definitely more so than Deus Ex 1.

StingingVelvet
27th Aug 2011, 06:46

This is pretty true really. Without cover the game would be a lot harder and play more traditionally. Thankfully cover is optional.

Right now I am doing my "killing from the shadows" playthrough. I plan to play the game on "Deus Ex" difficulty as a sneaker who never kills anyone and then someday play a third time as a balls-to-the-wall murder machine who never uses cover.

CaptainChaos
27th Aug 2011, 07:06
the main diff between this and the original seems to be that here, the enemy can headshot you and instantly kill you. I find Hardest Difficulty is nearly impossible in multiple opponent gunfights unless i find a choke point, or use tactics. pretty challenging to me so far in that respect.

flunkorg
27th Aug 2011, 08:04
Step 1.
Go to options.

Step 2.
Go to controls.

Step 3.
Unbind cover.

Step 4.
Set it to "Give me deus ex"

Step 5.
Enjoy

City Builder
27th Aug 2011, 08:11
Almost all the videos that I've watched where the player plays on the most difficult level he is one shot dead, many many times.

Perhaps what it needs to make it even more challenging is a perma-death option on the hardest setting so they must start over from scratch. Maybe that will give people that want a super hard experience.

Personally, I'm enjoying casual, and still die once in a while.

Brockxz
27th Aug 2011, 08:12
the main diff between this and the original seems to be that here, the enemy can headshot you and instantly kill you. I find Hardest Difficulty is nearly impossible in multiple opponent gunfights unless i find a choke point, or use tactics. pretty challenging to me so far in that respect.

In original on realistic difficulty every sniper could headshot "one bullet kill" you. Go play original and get spotted by sniper and experience that. Even in liberty island some nsf members with pistol can headshot you.

JarateLover.SPUF
27th Aug 2011, 08:14
If you would rather play without going in to third person cover, just don't right click at all. Then you can play the game exactly like you wanted, and making it harder for yourself at the same time. Problem solved.

ocstew
27th Aug 2011, 08:38
What an elitist whiner! If you think the game is so easy then play it like your beloved Deus Ex and DON'T use the cover system. It's that simple! Let the enemy get a bead on you for even half a second and you are dead. How is that not hard? You should congratulate yourself for being so awesome and leave the game for people who find it harder than expected.

Brockxz
27th Aug 2011, 08:40
If you would rather play without going in to third person cover, just don't right click at all. Then you can play the game exactly like you wanted, and making it harder for yourself at the same time. Problem solved.

It won't be harder, it will just be a little bit irritating because sometimes when you will duck behind cover you won 't be exactly 100% sure if enemy is LoS or not. That doesn't change anything. Also radar pretty much shows the way enemy is facing so no, you won't need to lean out and back behind corners to see what enemy is doing there.

Also I wouldn't say game is easy or hard because on Give me DX difficulty it is pretty much a few sec and you are dead if someone starts to shoot at you and you don 't have a chance to duck behind cover but it is pretty easy to calculate enemy patrol routes to eliminate them one by one without alerting anyone. So it is hard/easy depending on how you play it.

badmonk
27th Aug 2011, 10:49
easy! 1 or 2 shots and your toast! :)

ⓣⓐⓕⓕⓔⓡ
27th Aug 2011, 11:35
http://www.iwasaround.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate.jpg

jtr7
27th Aug 2011, 11:43

It would be more challenging for sure since there's no leaning. Is there blind-fire in first-person?

Brockxz
27th Aug 2011, 11:49
It would be more challenging for sure since there's no leaning. Is there blind-fire in first-person?

You don't need leaning, just look in your radar and you see if there is enemy or not and at what direction he is looking at. That's the point that challenge won't change unless there is some way to disable radar completely.

jtr7
27th Aug 2011, 12:05
Ah yeah. I forgot about that. Hopefully modders are looking into it, so people won't put black electrical tape on their monitor, heh.

dimljajvbu
27th Aug 2011, 12:14
I don't think it would be possible to get very far, as the game currently is, using just first-person and no radar, at least for a stealth run. Anyone can confirm this?
Although I have been "cleaning" rather than "ghosting", and if you knew what you had to do and were just going straight for objectives, it may be possible?

DisaFear
27th Aug 2011, 12:27
I think the difficulty is alright. Still provides a decent challenge on Deus Ex setting. DX1 on max wasn't this hard, though you didn't need to play that one as stealthy as this, to avoid dieing in 2 shots

Oddness
27th Aug 2011, 12:31
The game is easy because it's for console gamers, who need health to regenerate while hiding behind cover watching the always-on radar to see where enemies are and where they're looking so they can trigger a contextual takedown from five feet away.

ZakKa89
27th Aug 2011, 13:28
There is way too much ammo. I don't even care if I find a hidden ammo stash anymore :(

PrinsJonis
27th Aug 2011, 13:43
easy! 1 or 2 shots and your toast! :)

Are you joking? If you get hit by something then you are playing it wrong. Besides, anyone who doesn't upgrade Dermal armor is a noob who doesn't know what he is doing.

Ironically the best weapon in the game is the 10mm pistol upgraded with laser sight, silencer and armor penetration. You can headshot anything and they AI just walks over to the corpse of the dead one and then stands there to get headshotted aswell.

I can't even turn off the auto regeneration aug and this game is suposed to be challenging? rofl.

Riddik116
27th Aug 2011, 14:23
Are you joking? If you get hit by something then you are playing it wrong. Besides, anyone who doesn't upgrade Dermal armor is a noob who doesn't know what he is doing.

Ironically the best weapon in the game is the 10mm pistol upgraded with laser sight, silencer and armor penetration. You can headshot anything and they AI just walks over to the corpse of the dead one and then stands there to get headshotted aswell.

I can't even turn off the auto regeneration aug and this game is suposed to be challenging? rofl.

Not going to lie the 10mm upgraded is def the best gun.

But umm "your playing it wrong" isnt that the point of deus ex, is being able to play the way you want? Dermal armor shouldnt be forced on to stealth players, which they pretty much have to get it if they want to live against the boss fights (ive only gotten to the 2nd so i cant say anything for later ones).

originalDX
27th Aug 2011, 14:44
I think the difficulty is alright. Still provides a decent challenge on Deus Ex setting. DX1 on max wasn't this hard, though you didn't need to play that one as stealthy as this, to avoid dieing in 2 shots

Did you really play the first Deus Ex? It was much harder on the higher difficulties and had a less scripted more realistic feeling stealth. Problem with this game is there are no dark areas and when you are in cover there are blind spots with too many guards patrolling in brightly lit areas in every direction most of the time where all you have to do is look through a crack and you are spotted-(has happend to me when I wasn't stuck against something.) They just seem to load the areas with guards everywhere. Not that the AI is clever or perceptive but that you never know when to sneak out of cover with all those guards and if they will be heading or looking in your direction. It can't really be done without taking a gamble most of the time if you don't have a third person(which makes it too easy) or at least some kind of radar. Splintercell (I'm not refering to Conviction) was third person and very easy to get detected if you weren't careful, unlike this game.

originalDX
27th Aug 2011, 14:53
Deus ex on realistic is much, much easier than DEHR on hardest... (I've been playing both this week)

there are some AI troubles and there is way too much 9mm ammo. It's still challenging enough and definitely more so than Deus Ex 1.

I'm playing both too and you're quit wrong or lying this one is much easier on the hardest level unless you are just gunning you way through, but then there isn't even as much amo nor is there always health packs available in DE1 and I don't think the AI in DEHR quite as smart It doesn't need to be its just in a situation where it is in front of you all the time like Gears of war.

PrinsJonis
27th Aug 2011, 15:06
Not going to lie the 10mm upgraded is def the best gun.

But umm "your playing it wrong" isnt that the point of deus ex, is being able to play the way you want? Dermal armor shouldnt be forced on to stealth players, which they pretty much have to get it if they want to live against the boss fights (ive only gotten to the 2nd so i cant say anything for later ones).

You don't need dermal armor seeing as you can kill the first boss without even firing a single bullet at him. The majority of the QQ-ers that cry that the game is hard don't understand the significance of grenades(Especially EMP ones)

Riddik116
27th Aug 2011, 15:14
You don't need dermal armor seeing as you can kill the first boss without even firing a single bullet at him. The majority of the QQ-ers that cry that the game is hard don't understand the significance of grenades(Especially EMP ones)

yeah the first boss isnt too bad (just ran around throwing the exlosive barrels at him), its the second. Is there some kind of secondary way to kill her instead of just shooting? does emp grenades hurt her? since the ground is full of water.

ZakKa89
27th Aug 2011, 15:44
I'm playing both too and you're quit wrong or lying this one is much easier on the hardest level unless you are just gunning you way through, but then there isn't even as much amo nor is there always health packs available in DE1 and I don't think the AI in DEHR quite as smart It doesn't need to be its just in a situation where it is in front of you all the time like Gears of war.

I'm not wrong, Deus Ex1 is too easy if you play a certain way... It depends on your playstyle I guess.
Enemies shoot at you from a far distance and don't hit you, but you can easily headshot them
upgrade melee 1 time and it's a 1 hit kill everytime. I can name more things but it's pointless because it dpeends on your playstyle.

I am not lying, I was playing deus ex 1 on realistic for the third/fourth time this weekend and it is a lot easier then DEHR imo. I am finding DEHR definitely more challenging but I wouldn't call it exactly hard. Then again, what game nowadays IS challenging? There are only a few.

There's just too much damn ammo :(

Mizkreant
27th Aug 2011, 16:46
yeah the first boss isnt too bad (just ran around throwing the exlosive barrels at him), its the second. Is there some kind of secondary way to kill her instead of just shooting? does emp grenades hurt her? since the ground is full of water.
There is. There are four power nodes around the room. (The big tower looking things on the wall with the circular hole in them.) If these are damaged enough they explode and arc electricity all over the place, hitting the water. Anyone who is standing in the water will be damaged. There are small sections of the floor not covered in water where you are safe. You can lure her next to one and get her to use Typhoon, which usually will destroy the node. EMP grenades don't damage her, but will stun her for a good 10 seconds or so, during which time you can unload your weapon of choice on her. You can combine the two tactics. Stand on the safe patch, wait for her to charge. When she's in front of the power node, stun her with an EMP grenade and shoot the node. While she's being shocked, shoot her again for more damage. Unfortunately, I didn't put all this together until after I beat it, which made me feel stupid.

AironT
27th Aug 2011, 17:43
Guys you are crazy!! ^_^
How can I play in game without cover system (for example) if all game builded on this mechanic? It will ruin the game. I think the best way it's don't use quicksave. But you know, it's not the solution cuz there is no the best solution. I mean the game has some specific features which make the game too easy. For example 2 guys in the same room. They stay near to each other, maybe 1-2 meters. If one of them don't see another one, I can neutralize (and the game play sounds like someone falling) him and another guy wouldn't react on it. Then I'll neutrolize second guy. I can say that it isn't realistic and for hardcore player like me it's not the best thing, but I understand that I have to think about it like about a game feature. Cuz there are can be a lot of things which some players never accept, but you should to understend the developers too, they have to make the game for a lot of absolutely different players (casual and hardcore) and this is meand that something in this game will be sacrificed.

I think the best way for developers make something like a DLC or just a patch with hardcore mode. For patch it can be small changes, new difficult mode and some presets for this, only autosave (for game crashes) and save with exit. Something easy like this things. But if this will be the DLC it can be more gameplay things. All depends from the developers.

p.s. I'm playing on the highest game difficult level and sometime it looks too easy. I don't even image what is going on the easy level of difficult >_<

mariofranck
27th Aug 2011, 19:13
Maybe it's not a real tough and challenging game, but it's packed with choices and details. That's what I expected and they delivered beyond my expectation. Can't complain.

PrinsJonis
28th Aug 2011, 00:18

The second boss went down for me this way:

When she comes at you, activate Typhoon. You become immune to her damage and deal a crapton to her. Alternatively throw down an EMP grenade and watch her get stuck, then feed her bullets from the Heavy Rifle that's in the room right before the bossfight.

Shralla
28th Aug 2011, 01:08

This. I've died in one shot from a pistol as soon as I rounded a corner. Anybody complaining about this game being too easy is probably playing it like Gears of War.

jtr7
28th Aug 2011, 01:15
The second boss went down for me this way:

When she comes at you, activate Typhoon. You become immune to her damage and deal a crapton to her. Alternatively throw down an EMP grenade and watch her get stuck, then feed her bullets from the Heavy Rifle that's in the room right before the bossfight.

Does every player entering the room, with their own playstyle and choices up to that point, even have the Typhoon system, EMP grenade, and heavy rifle?

PrinsJonis
28th Aug 2011, 01:41
Does every player entering the room, with their own playstyle and choices up to that point, even have the Typhoon system, EMP grenade, and heavy rifle?

No, but if you don't want to use 1 of the million ways of dealing with the boss and then fail, you have no right to complain that it's "hard". What did you expect to do? hack her brain to death with your "ghost stealth hacker OMG ROGUE" character? Come on.

PrinsJonis
28th Aug 2011, 01:50
This. I've died in one shot from a pistol as soon as I rounded a corner. Anybody complaining about this game being too easy is probably playing it like Gears of War.

LOL? You walk around a corner and get killed from somebody that you can first of all see on the radar and secondly use cover to look around the corner? and how did that one even have time to spot you and go into alarmed state, then go hostile and shoot you?

Just l2p, seriously. Don't blame the game for being too hard because you're bad at the game.

Oh and just by looking at the free automataic regeneration in HR, auotmatic augementations (Dermal armor(passive) v.s ballistic protection(activated), Dermal EMP shield(passive) v.s EMP sield (activated), rebreather gas immunity(passive) v.s environmental resistance(activated).... HR is way easier than DX1. HR basically does everything for you for free that required skill in DX1, RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.

It's just the result of games becoming easier because people suck at the games because they can't hack a boss' brain to pieces with their "1337 ghost stealth" character.

Shralla
28th Aug 2011, 02:25
First of all, troll, I never "blamed" the game for being "too hard." In fact, I think the difficulty is perfect right where it is.

Secondly, troll harder.

Fox89
28th Aug 2011, 02:28
Well, I've seen a ton of comments/threads/whatever from various sources. Some say it's too easy even on DX mode. Some say it's too hard whatever difficulty. Personally I found it just right, and I played it on normal.

At the end of the day, it's impossible to please everyone. The fact that they are getting complaints from both extremes suggests the actual objective difficulty level is balanced pretty well, and will suit the vast majority of players. To be quite frank, any game is easy when you have quick save and quick load buttons.

Vasarto
28th Aug 2011, 02:33

While the whole "cover" thing is cool, it just makes the game too easy. No first person shooters should have 3rd person view if they are serious about offering a challenge for people who are looking for a challenge. On the hardest setting, I expect to be able to use all the tools available and STILL struggle.

I guess it's just the result of games becoming easier and easier over the years, I truly feel sorry for the people born 92 or later. I suspect that soon enough people won't even be able to lose in games because all they are about is a "second life" type of thing where things look as realistic as possible.

Oh shut up and stop being a troll. Whats the matter? Do not like the fact that enemies will just Moronicaly run towards you and use no military tactics.

The A.I in DX1 was fething Pitiful. The only tactic they ever used was side step and bull rush your location without any reguard to their life. Enemies take and shoot from cover just like you do. They throw grandades unlike in DX1.

Traps are much harder to get past...OH WAIT. You could just spam EMP Granades without alerting guards in DX1 now couldn't you!

Sounds like to me that you never once played this game. Because if you had you would had made it to the first boss. running and shooting from cover doesn't work with him very well cuz he throws explosive **** at ya and even on easy mode can take two explosives and three shot gun shots at point blank to the head and still shoot ya!

Maybe your just super good at video games? If your one of the "playes for money players" Than your opinion doesnt count on the difficulty of a game because your the kind that not only accels at it too much but makes a living off being better than everyone else. You dont play at the average players level.

flunkorg
28th Aug 2011, 02:37
Guys you are crazy!! ^_^
How can I play in game without cover system (for example) if all game builded on this mechanic?

Thats the thing, the hole game wasn't built around that mechanic. I'm playing through it right now with the cover system disabled. And i don't miss it at all. In fact, I'm rather shocked at how much of an extra it actually felt like after playing like this.

PrinsJonis
28th Aug 2011, 02:55
Sounds like to me that you never once played this game. Because if you had you would had made it to the first boss. running and shooting from cover doesn't work with him very well cuz he throws explosive **** at ya and even on easy mode can take two explosives and three shot gun shots at point blank to the head and still shoot ya!

Running and gunning does work against him, but throwing the barrels does aswell and it's the easiest path. You don't even have to fire a single shot, just throw dem barrels. You didn't know that did you?

I'm trying to tell you how GOOD I am at this video game.

You're nothing but a noob. It's simple.

Fox89
28th Aug 2011, 03:13
Running and gunning does work against him, but throwing the barrels does aswell and it's the easiest path. You don't even have to fire a single shot, just throw dem barrels. You didn't know that did you?

You're nothing but a noob. It's simple.

Pfft, noob. :p

If you were TRULY good you would have done what I did, and one-shotted him with a Typhoon when next to some gas canisters ;)

ZakKa89
28th Aug 2011, 03:19
Well, I've seen a ton of comments/threads/whatever from various sources. Some say it's too easy even on DX mode. Some say it's too hard whatever difficulty. Personally I found it just right, and I played it on normal.

At the end of the day, it's impossible to please everyone. The fact that they are getting complaints from both extremes suggests the actual objective difficulty level is balanced pretty well, and will suit the vast majority of players. To be quite frank, any game is way when you have quick save and quick load buttons.

totally agreed. This game feels like it is made for US fox89 :flowers: It's a good feeling.

Mizkreant
28th Aug 2011, 06:37

Since you're so godlike at this game, please share with me your sage advice on how to beat Namir. I went to the LIMB clinic so I can't use any augs. I don't have Typhoon. I don't have dermal upgrades. I don't have the augs that resist gas, concussion grenades or EMP. I have 100 health and no hypos to increase it further. I have 1 concussion grenade (which does nothing to Namir), and 1 EMP grenade. The only lethal weapon I have is an upgraded machine pistol. Compose a strategy given these facts and the equipment available in the level. The best I can do is run to one cabinet and pick up another EMP grenade, run to another cabinet and get the laser rifle and painkiller. I try to use the laser rifle and EMP grenades on him but end up dying in one hit if I'm unlucky enough to get hit by his gun.

I've seen YouTube videos where people can beat him easily. Unfortunately I don't have any of their equipment/augs. I don't have any explosive weapons or gas grenades and carrying around a turret for the whole level is ridiculous. I guess the devs expected you to be psychic and pick up the laser rifle and upgrades at Tong's hideout.

Evanovic
28th Aug 2011, 12:50
About health regeneration: well, think about the era the game is set in. I'm pretty sure there would be enough nano-bots in Jensen's system to be able to repair a lot of damage. And don't say that its unrealistic that nano-bots could heal you so fast, because medkits in real life can't heal you as fast as depicted in games either! If anything, nano-bots would heal you quicker than seeking medical attention from a kit or person.

The cover system I agree about. In Deus Ex 1 the lack of the cover system and the lean keys made it much more of a challenge to navigate through guarded areas and certainly made you feel more involved and immersed in it all. The cover removes the challenge of trying to stay hidden whereas in the original you were constantly on edge and would only feel truly safe when you snuck into an air vent. The game lacks that feeling of ever being completely on edge which I feel the cover system removes from gameplay.

This and the melee (or lack of) which as been replaced by an eye-candy and overpowered 'take-down' mechanism. Melee should be as much a challenge as shooting to master. Takedown moves mean you're able to clear a room of people simply by hitting a single button; too easy indeed.

Otherwise the game is brilliant!

Evan