PDA

View Full Version : Talion HD quest.. not advancing? (sidequest spoilers)

Aquineas
27th Aug 2011, 00:12
(spoilers)

I've gone to the butcher shop in Youzhao district where Zelazny was supposed to be, but found the basement door open and a dead soldier there. The quest log tells me to read the Pocket Secretary I got off the dead agent's body.

The problem is when I read it, it doesn't update the quest? It's like the quest system doesn't recognize that the pocket secretary has been read, and doesn't seem to advance.

Anyone else find have this problem?

Sasquatch519
27th Aug 2011, 04:36
Same problem for me (xbox). Appears to be a bug.

Sasquatch519
27th Aug 2011, 04:48
Figured it out by dumb luck. The people are in the sewer below Alice Garden Pods. The manhole cover is underneath the split walkway between Alice Garden and the path to Hung Hua Hotel and the Hive. Coulda saved an hour if someone else could have written a more detailed description than "they're in the sewer" on every other post I've read on the subject...

Mizkreant
27th Aug 2011, 07:02
Is this really a bug, or do you think it's one of the rare quests you're supposed to figure out on your own? Maybe a nod to old school gaming?

Sasquatch519
27th Aug 2011, 07:12
I have to go with bug. The mission status thing keeps telling you to read the note you found on the dead guy, not to search every sewer in China.

Doctalen
27th Aug 2011, 07:31
Same. Trying to find the sewer now. Did another quest in the mean time. I bet it's a bug

Doctalen
27th Aug 2011, 19:39
Bump. I'd really like to beat the game my first playthrough doing every side mission. (Xbox)

rek7
28th Aug 2011, 00:17
You can still complete the mission even though it didn't update. If you know where (spoiler is based on info from simultaneous side mission) Darrow's associate wants you to retrieve a chip from mercs. There should be a sewer grate in that lower watery canal area where the guys with the chip wait. The guy you need to find should be easy to find once in that sewer.

Completed the mission yesterday with the same non-updating problem, so I know it can be done. Hope it helps!

FlipC
9th Sep 2011, 09:18
Just to add - same thing on the PS3. The quest continues to tell you to read the Pocket Secretary. I don't object if I have to use it to find him myself without the marker, but the quest should change to "Find ...."

Loneck
18th Sep 2011, 19:54
Same problem for me (xbox). Appears to be a bug.

Same happened to me on Xbox 360 and it is obviously bug.

Sid_Loman
18th Sep 2011, 23:09
Same here (PC). Luckily all the sewers could be searched in little time, so I have no problems finishing that quest.

rajkosto
19th Sep 2011, 00:53
theyre in the sewer whose entrace is below the 3 belltower guys guarding the alice garden pods entrance (recessed part where there are a few homeless)

ohnoeztehKARKIANS
19th Sep 2011, 06:08
It's definitely a bug. There's a previous mission where you had to read a pocket secretary and when you did you were rewarded completion points. So the fact that reading the ps off the dead spec soldier in Talion A.D. doesn't register XP and completion for that particular activity means that you're getting robbed.

Sirius 21
19th Sep 2011, 10:22
I had this issue too. Given that it tells you to read the note and that nothing happens when you read it, I think it's a bug. Or... a poorly designed mission. The mission log should update telling you something like "I've read that they hide in the sewers. Maybe I should start searching for a manhole".

vianna77
20th Sep 2011, 13:57
Hey everyone, my idea is to go to https://support.na.square-enix.com and file a support request, or that bug will never be fixed.

I already did it.

vianna77
20th Sep 2011, 13:58
Btw, I got that same problem in PC version (Steam).