PDA

View Full Version : Game tries to load exterior after leaving LIMB, then hangs. *possible spoilers*

mitchrj
26th Aug 2011, 21:27
I'm late in the game having finished the TYM and Eliza quest chains, and now I'm back in Detroit during the rioting.
Everything (besides the horrid load times of everything) have been working fine for me (Steam PC version) until now.

After knocking off a bad guy who'd planted a bomb for a side quest in Detroit, I went into Limb to buy a praxis kit.
As I try to leave LIMB the load screen pops up, as it should, but then it just....forgets what it was doing and I get to read loading screen tips until I finally get fed up and hit alt+f4. The game isn't frozen, since it brings up a proper "do you want to quit" menu. I thought I might backtrack a bit and use the quicksave I set up after loading an earlier autosave that was outside of LIMB, but now that one has the issue too. The issue only popped up last night (either late on the 25th, or 1 am-ish on the 26th PDT)

I am NOT starting over, so please help me out here.

Anyway, I'm running DEHR from Steam on a Windows 7 x64 system.
AMD Phenom 965x4 w/8gb DDR3
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

mitchrj
27th Aug 2011, 00:45
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller. Anyone?

mitchrj
27th Aug 2011, 18:24
*Bumped in the hope of getting it seen.*

phreakindee
27th Aug 2011, 21:41
I am having the EXACT same issue at the EXACT same point in the game. Can't leave LIMB after buying Praxis kits after defusing that bomb in Detroit-pt2. And I don't have any savegames from previous, so I'm kind of at a loss. If I have to restart the game I may just never play it again, this is amazingly depressing.

mitchrj
28th Aug 2011, 02:47
I am having the EXACT same issue at the EXACT same point in the game. Can't leave LIMB after buying Praxis kits after defusing that bomb in Detroit-pt2. And I don't have any savegames from previous, so I'm kind of at a loss. If I have to restart the game I may just never play it again, this is amazingly depressing.

Yes, yes, and triple yes.
It's so, so frustrating considering I love the game and it's been great right up until that spot.
I can get one, and only one savegame to load and it's the autosave where im already INSIDE LIMB.
So, that's pretty awesome. Detroit LIMB clinic...you're my entire gameworld. *highfive*
:(

FIX please!

mitchrj
28th Aug 2011, 08:18
So, if I only get to play 60-75% of my game does Eidos then owe me a 25-40% refund?
:whistle:

Gudzenheit
28th Aug 2011, 09:14
I am stuck at a similar place (just past the LIMB clinic, but like you, at ch 12) and am experiencing the same problem. Since the game is unplayable (unless you don't die, which can be hard) I guess we have to wait for them to release a patch.

Who the hell was QA on this one?

mitchrj
28th Aug 2011, 20:00
Who indeed? There are more than just a few issues with the game, there are TONS.
I'm lucky in that - until it rendered my game unplayable -- I at least didn't have issues with stuttering and the like.
I mean, reloading when I'd die or mess something up was a chore. Generally I had time to walk away from my PC and do something else for a bit before it's even pop back up.

I just want to finish the content that I paid for, rather than feel like I'm pissing it away on a defective product that I can't return.

Scale
28th Aug 2011, 23:54
Same problem, have not stuck @ LIMB.

But the non loading save games started just after disarming the bomb in the sewer.
Aug edition (retail, both dlc)

Not sure if related, but outside (i think near police station) there is a punk floating 5 cm of the floor arms spread.
Also another one with his arm in the wall in the sewer near the entrance.

Gudzenheit
29th Aug 2011, 04:38
Tried again to play some Deus Ex today. Save games still refuse to load.

I tried enabling/disabling steam cloud.
I verified the game cache (which completed successfully)
I defragmented the local files as well. There was little to no fragmentation.

I am convinced that the solution to the problems listed in this thread now relies on some action or patch from Ubisoft.

Here are my system stats,

i7-980x on a x58 motherboard
GTX 580 (single, not SLI), with Forceware 280.26.
I have a SSD used as a boot drive, but Steam (and thus the local files) currently reside on a RAID-0 stripe of standard WD Blue 1gb drives.
I am running in 1920x1200 full-screen mode. (16:10 aspect ratio)

Because of previous rendering errors, I am playing in DX9 mode.

I don't expect a response Sunday night, but I would be very appreciative if this issue could be addressed. While I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience so far, I am not likely to start from scratch all over again. Thanks in advance for your responses!

Addicted_fool
29th Aug 2011, 04:58
I made my own post about this then someone pointed me to this thread. Anyways the following is my experience.

I'm at the part just after you leave the convention center. I've tried the load after you leave the building, my quicksave, and the next auto save when you enter the sewers looking for a bomb.

I'm using the following specs:

Windows 7
Nvidia GTX 470
6 gigs of RAM
Intel i7 920
Creative SB X-Fi Fatality

I loaded the 4th save, which was before I initiated the conversation with Taggart. I was able to load and continue playing the game. I got through the same things I did before, got to the sewers and had to load after I was spotted. I'm in the same position as before, none of the loads after I leave the building are working. It seems I am going to have to play the entire sequence without having to load and get to some spot in the future where hopefully it will work again.

After playing through and getting past the sewers I was able to save and load again, however as I entered the apartment looking for my next quest target it broke again. I am not sure what causes this to happen but it seems to be specific times and not specific locations. I was saving and loading above ground AFTER I left the sewers, but saves in the same place before I entered were broken. I have saved and loaded while in the apartment building that I am in, and now it is broken. I'm honestly at a loss, most of the time bugs have some sort of rhyme or reason but right now I can't see what that is.

Scale
29th Aug 2011, 11:50
This is pretty much as guess but it seems to have worked,
As i mentioned before i saw 2 flying punks one near the police station and near the entrance of the sewer.
I took them both out (with take down since it seems to move them).

Later in apartment two purists on the stairs also seemed to cause this problem,
So i dragged there bodies around till they got unstuck from the floor.

I have yet to have another issue like this again, but as i said this could be placebo.

roguehelix
29th Aug 2011, 16:05
Same issue I am having as listed by others, at the same point as well, during the riots. My previous saves worked once, but after I had quick saved just before going into the LIMB clinic, now previous auto-save and my quick save just hang. I had just finished the "Smash the State" quest and was working on the second part of the main quest when I had decided to grab some paraxis. Its driving me insane! :lmao:

i7 920 2.8ghz
6gb RAM
150GB Raptor HD
ATI Radeon 5850
Vista 64-bit

Gudzenheit
29th Aug 2011, 20:07
Maybe we could get a mod to change the name to "Ch 12 wont load at all".

We all are experiencing the same issue, albeit at slightly different points within Chapter 12. This issue is catastrophic. It either requires a save from an (much earlier load) or the play-through to start over again. It seems that many people posting on the forums isn't this far into the game. However, I have the sneaking suspicion that this problem is something that is going to be have to addressed fairly soon ;

Since the bug popped up on Saturday night (I went out drinking the previous night and didn't play anything), I haven't been able to play. It would be nice to at least have the issue addressed by someone at Ubisoft.

roguehelix
29th Aug 2011, 20:25
Maybe we could get a mod to change the name to "Ch 12 wont load at all".

We all are experiencing the same issue, albeit at slightly different points within Chapter 12. This issue is catastrophic. It either requires a save from an (much earlier load) or the play-through to start over again. It seems that many people posting on the forums isn't this far into the game. However, I have the sneaking suspicion that this problem is something that is going to be have to addressed fairly soon ;

Since the bug popped up on Saturday night (I went out drinking the previous night and didn't play anything), I haven't been able to play. It would be nice to at least have the issue addressed by someone at Ubisoft.

I think if we can keep this at the front of the forums it will help get noticed faster. Eventually there will be ALOT more folks getting this issue as time progresses and they get further into the game. I could start back towards the end of Ch.11 and bypass the LIMB clinic but I figure it would be best to wait till its patched then continue. So I am starting a different play through :D .

sandos386
29th Aug 2011, 20:27
Wow I just posted about this, I am having the same problem. xbox user here. Epic fail, this is my only day off to play the game for the next few weeks (and foreseeable future )

roguehelix
29th Aug 2011, 20:41
Wow I just posted about this, I am having the same problem. xbox user here. Epic fail, this is my only day off to play the game for the next few weeks (and foreseeable future )

Huh...the issues in Xbox as well? Interesting...suppose I shouldn't be too surprised yet I am. Must be something in the underlying code that isn't specific to platform...wonder why more users haven't had the issue then...all Xbox hardware is basically the same...guess time will tell.

sandos386
29th Aug 2011, 20:50
Huh...the issues in Xbox as well? Interesting...suppose I shouldn't be too surprised yet I am. Must be something in the underlying code that isn't specific to platform...wonder why more users haven't had the issue then...all Xbox hardware is basically the same...guess time will tell.

I was just about to ask if any PS3 people were having problems.. I can understand PC gamers having problems since there is an infinite amount of different system combinations that could cause problems(mostly with video and play back issues). I feel that this will become a much bigger problem down the road, I assume like most of you I got the game the day it came out and put in a damn good amount of time.(at least 20 hours here) Wait another week or two , or after the price a price drop for more people to catch up and or buy the game. I usually don't buy games on release because of things like this & waiting a few weeks can save you some money!

Gudzenheit
30th Aug 2011, 02:03
I was just about to ask if any PS3 people were having problems.. I can understand PC gamers having problems since there is an infinite amount of different system combinations that could cause problems(mostly with video and play back issues). I feel that this will become a much bigger problem down the road, I assume like most of you I got the game the day it came out and put in a damn good amount of time.(at least 20 hours here) Wait another week or two , or after the price a price drop for more people to catch up and or buy the game. I usually don't buy games on release because of things like this & waiting a few weeks can save you some money!

The rendering problem that some PC players are experiencing is not related to this issue. This issue is the refusal of the game to load save games/continue past a hung loading screen around chapter 12. It is possible that xbox and PS3 players might experience these issues to, depending on how their respective files are saved.

I know that some games have the same type of save file across multiple platforms; a good example of this is Borderlands.

In any case, I am doing my best to keep this thread active, without having to use the "B word". It would be nice if the people experiencing these issues could finish their game...

roguehelix
30th Aug 2011, 15:24
The rendering problem that some PC players are experiencing is not related to this issue. This issue is the refusal of the game to load save games/continue past a hung loading screen around chapter 12. It is possible that xbox and PS3 players might experience these issues to, depending on how their respective files are saved.

I know that some games have the same type of save file across multiple platforms; a good example of this is Borderlands.

In any case, I am doing my best to keep this thread active, without having to use the "B word". It would be nice if the people experiencing these issues could finish their game...

Well the issue isn't saved games, it is what is loading. I experianced this issue origianlly not from a saved game but from trying to exit the LIMB clinic. Something that is loading, something triggered is causing it to stick in an infinate loop. I was able to load once from a "Previous auto-save" but it then stopped working. I'm not saying it couldn't have something to do with the save features but I think those are just symptoms rather then cause.

csuperman7
30th Aug 2011, 18:49
Same Ch 12 problem here. Mine is when I try to leave the convention center. And my only earlier save that is before there is Ch 9. Anyone have any ideas?

Catalase
31st Aug 2011, 00:22
Same problem here too. PC version.

Happens in Chapter 12, trying to leave the convention centre. I have two saves in the convention centre; one having publically called the guy out, one having snuck into his computer. Both saves freeze when leaving convention centre; infinite loop, not actually 'frozen' since when you use task manager to quit the game brings up an exit dialogue.

Don't have a suitable earlier save to use to try and work around it, has effectively halted all my progress in the game. Would like to see some sort of word from Eidos about this.

roguehelix
31st Aug 2011, 18:50
Same problem here too. PC version.

Happens in Chapter 12, trying to leave the convention centre. I have two saves in the convention centre; one having publically called the guy out, one having snuck into his computer. Both saves freeze when leaving convention centre; infinite loop, not actually 'frozen' since when you use task manager to quit the game brings up an exit dialogue.

Don't have a suitable earlier save to use to try and work around it, has effectively halted all my progress in the game. Would like to see some sort of word from Eidos about this.

Interesting...same chapter but differet area...I wonder if there is something with the rioting changes to the map that cause the issue...

What other quests have you completed if any at all?

csuperman7
31st Aug 2011, 19:52
Interesting...same chapter but differet area...I wonder if there is something with the rioting changes to the map that cause the issue...

What other quests have you completed if any at all?

I also have it while exiting the convention center in Chapter 12. I've completed the mission where you talk to the senile lady and I think that's the only side quest that I did.

fegge
31st Aug 2011, 21:18
Just gonna +1 this. chapter 12, all saves broken, stuck in loading forever and cant continue with the game.

played on PC, bought through steam. Please fix :(

Azurewind
1st Sep 2011, 01:28
Same issue here. Chapter 12, just finished Smashing the State, stopped by the LIMB Clinic before returning to the questgiver and can't leave the clinic now due to an infinite loading screen. Any subsequent saves I made before entering the clinic also have developed the same infinite loading issue.

I think at this point we can safely say this is a bona-fide showstopping, gamebreaking bug, and is one that should be easily replicatable given the amount of people here that have reported the exact same issue under the exact same conditions in Chapter 12.

Also a thread over at the Steam forums with some folks having the same problem.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2084429

This sums it up immaculately.

Catalase
1st Sep 2011, 01:49
I can confirm that the issue has been passed onto the devs and is being looked at. They've even got a copy of my save file to help with the problem-solving. So now, patience. Should hopefully get addressed soon :)

mitchrj
1st Sep 2011, 03:54
We apologize for the problems you are experiencing playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. You may want to try reverting to a previous save file and see if the same thing will happen. Doing this will identify whether the problem lies on the end of the game itself or perhaps the save file. This issue has been reported to development and if a fix is implemented you will see an automatic update through the game. Please understand that we are unable to provide any ETA or guarantee regarding a potential fix for this issue.

Awesome. A non-solution to a game-killing bug. Thanks Square.

mitchrj
1st Sep 2011, 04:16
I can confirm that the issue has been passed onto the devs and is being looked at. They've even got a copy of my save file to help with the problem-solving. So now, patience. Should hopefully get addressed soon :)

Boy, do I hope so.

roguehelix
1st Sep 2011, 12:42
So because it was bothering me I decided to do some testing and i think I found a work around for this issue. From information gathered from other players I guesstimated an order to play the missions and I didn't have any problems and was able to get past Level 12. I can't guarentee this is fool proof due to lack of testing to see if I could break it again however it worked for me to get past everything.

*****WARNING SPOILERS*****

Ok so I ended up starting off just after you kill Emo aug chick :D . So I started right back in Detroit.

1) Go straight to the LIMB clinic, buy what you need, don't ever go back after you complete parts of the main quest and any side quests.

2) There is another side quest I think you only get if you successfully argue with Sarif earlier in the game. Do that one first.

3) Play the main quest up until you have to get back to your apartment to get a ride back to Sarif Industries (Pick up the "Smash the State" quest fromt he cop after completing the first part of the main quest, but DO NOT complete it yet).

4) After ALL quests are finished except for "Smash the State" and 3rd part of the Main quest to complete. Play and complete "Smash the State". Then head to your apartment complex to complete the last part of the main quest.

My reasoning is, the area of the LIMB clinic and the Convention center something happens after completing "Smash the State" quest. From what I can tell from other players this is some sort of trigger for the loop. I don't know how and I can't really prove it. So by not going into any loading screen in those areas after completeing "Smash the State" quest you can avoid the game stoppage.

Let me know if this quest pattern works for everyone else or not. Who knows it may have been just a starting from the beginning of the Riots in Detroit might work.

Catalase
1st Sep 2011, 12:46
Pretty sure that's exactly what I did only I couldn't get past the convention centre to continue the main quest.

roguehelix
1st Sep 2011, 14:02
Pretty sure that's exactly what I did only I couldn't get past the convention centre to continue the main quest.

Is there a way you can verify your pattern? Im curious if this was just dumb luck or if I got something right. Lol, if I did at least others would be able to complete that chapter and continue the game.

mitchrj
2nd Sep 2011, 18:56
So because it was bothering me I decided to do some testing and i think I found a work around for this issue. From information gathered from other players I guesstimated an order to play the missions and I didn't have any problems and was able to get past Level 12. I can't guarentee this is fool proof due to lack of testing to see if I could break it again however it worked for me to get past everything.

Thanks for trying, man. I'm afraid that one won't work for me due to where I'm saved at.
Until these guys fix their busted-ass game, I'm basically out of luck.

csuperman7
2nd Sep 2011, 19:16
Thanks for trying, man. I'm afraid that one won't work for me due to where I'm saved at.
Until these guys fix their busted-ass game, I'm basically out of luck.

Same here, I have no desire to start from chapter 9 and reply everything... :mad2:

Jfalcon
3rd Sep 2011, 22:51
I posted my own thread before i found this one, but i am going to repost it here as well. I am having the same issue but it is at the very begging of the game. As i try to leave the LIMB clinic the game locks up and crashes. It seems as if there is a divide by zero error going on below is my crash dump.

thanks for the help eidos

Dump Summary
------------
Dump File: dxhr_622_crash_2011_9_3T22_29_25C0.mdmp : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\dxhr_622_crash_2011_9_3T22_29_25C0.mdmp
Last Write Time: 9/3/2011 6:29:25 PM
Process Name: dxhr.exe : c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\dxhr.exe
Process Architecture: x86
Exception Code: 0xC0000094
Exception Information: The thread tried to divide an integer value by an integer divisor of zero.
Heap Information: Not Present

System Information
------------------
OS Version: 6.1.7601
CLR Version(s):

Modules
-------
Module Name Module Path Module Version
----------- ----------- --------------
dxhr.exe c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\dxhr.exe 1.1.622.0
ntdll.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll 6.1.7601.17514
kernel32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll 6.1.7601.17651
KERNELBASE.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KERNELBASE.dll 6.1.7601.17651
user32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
gdi32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
lpk.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll 6.1.7600.16385
usp10.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll 1.626.7601.17514
msvcrt.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll 7.0.7600.16385
advapi32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
sechost.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll 6.1.7600.16385
rpcrt4.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll 6.1.7601.17514
sspicli.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll 6.1.7601.17514
CRYPTBASE.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CRYPTBASE.dll 6.1.7600.16385
comctl32.dll C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7601.17514_none_ec83dffa859149af\comctl32.dll 5.82.7601.17514
ole32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
oleaut32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll 6.1.7601.17567
ws2_32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
nsi.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll 6.1.7600.16385
steam_api.dll c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\steam_api.dll 0.96.33.48
shell32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
shlwapi.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll 6.1.7601.17514
fmodex.dll c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\fmodex.dll 0.4.26.2
msacm32.dll C:\Windows\System32\msacm32.dll 6.1.7600.16385
winmm.dll C:\Windows\System32\winmm.dll 6.1.7601.17514
wsock32.dll C:\Windows\System32\wsock32.dll 6.1.7600.16385
DFEngine.dll c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\DFEngine.dll 4.5.0.28
version.dll C:\Windows\System32\version.dll 6.1.7600.16385
IPHLPAPI.DLL C:\Windows\System32\IPHLPAPI.DLL 6.1.7601.17514
winnsi.dll C:\Windows\System32\winnsi.dll 6.1.7600.16385
wininet.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wininet.dll 9.0.8112.16434
normaliz.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\normaliz.dll 6.1.7600.16385
iertutil.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iertutil.dll 9.0.8112.16434
urlmon.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\urlmon.dll 9.0.8112.16434
secur32.dll C:\Windows\System32\secur32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
imm32.dll C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
msctf.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll 6.1.7600.16385
GameOverlayRenderer.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll 1.15.33.65
steamclient.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamclient.dll 1.15.33.65
crypt32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
msasn1.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll 6.1.7601.17514
imagehlp.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imagehlp.dll 6.1.7601.17514
psapi.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll 6.1.7600.16385
tier0_s.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\tier0_s.dll 1.15.33.65
vstdlib_s.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\vstdlib_s.dll 1.15.33.65
cryptsp.dll C:\Windows\System32\cryptsp.dll 6.1.7600.16385
rsaenh.dll C:\Windows\System32\rsaenh.dll 6.1.7600.16385
Steam.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.dll 2.0.1125.61
dbghelp.dll c:\program files (x86)\Steam\dbghelp.dll 6.7.5.0
CSERHelper.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\CSERHelper.dll 4.50.0.0
userenv.dll C:\Windows\System32\userenv.dll 6.1.7601.17514
profapi.dll C:\Windows\System32\profapi.dll 6.1.7600.16385
comctl32.dll C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2\comctl32.dll 6.10.7601.17514
dnsapi.dll C:\Windows\System32\dnsapi.dll 6.1.7601.17570
rasapi32.dll C:\Windows\System32\rasapi32.dll 6.1.7600.16385
rasman.dll C:\Windows\System32\rasman.dll 6.1.7600.16385
rtutils.dll C:\Windows\System32\rtutils.dll 6.1.7601.17514
SensApi.dll C:\Windows\System32\SensApi.dll 6.1.7600.16385
clbcatq.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll 2001.12.8530.16385
uxtheme.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll 6.1.7600.16385
RpcRtRemote.dll C:\Windows\System32\RpcRtRemote.dll 6.1.7601.17514
samcli.dll C:\Windows\System32\samcli.dll 6.1.7601.17514
samlib.dll C:\Windows\System32\samlib.dll 6.1.7600.16385
netutils.dll C:\Windows\System32\netutils.dll 6.1.7601.17514
dwmapi.dll C:\Windows\System32\dwmapi.dll 6.1.7600.16385
d3d11.dll C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll 6.1.7601.17514
dxgi.dll C:\Windows\System32\dxgi.dll 6.1.7601.17514
wintrust.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll 6.1.7601.17514
nvwgf2um.dll C:\Windows\System32\nvwgf2um.dll 8.17.12.8026
ntmarta.dll C:\Windows\System32\ntmarta.dll 6.1.7600.16385
Wldap32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Wldap32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
MMDevAPI.dll C:\Windows\System32\MMDevAPI.dll 6.1.7601.17514
propsys.dll C:\Windows\System32\propsys.dll 7.0.7601.17514
setupapi.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll 6.1.7601.17514
cfgmgr32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll 6.1.7601.17621
devobj.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll 6.1.7601.17621
wdmaud.drv C:\Windows\System32\wdmaud.drv 6.1.7601.17514
ksuser.dll C:\Windows\System32\ksuser.dll 6.1.7600.16385
avrt.dll C:\Windows\System32\avrt.dll 6.1.7600.16385
AudioSes.dll C:\Windows\System32\AudioSes.dll 6.1.7601.17514
msacm32.drv C:\Windows\System32\msacm32.drv 6.1.7600.16385
midimap.dll C:\Windows\System32\midimap.dll 6.1.7600.16385
xinput9_1_0.dll C:\Windows\System32\xinput9_1_0.dll 6.1.7600.16385
D3DCompiler_43.dll C:\Windows\System32\D3DCompiler_43.dll 9.29.952.3111
nlaapi.dll C:\Windows\System32\nlaapi.dll 6.1.7601.17514
NapiNSP.dll C:\Windows\System32\NapiNSP.dll 6.1.7600.16385
pnrpnsp.dll C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll 6.1.7600.16385
mswsock.dll C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll 6.1.7601.17514
winrnr.dll C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll 6.1.7600.16385
wshbth.dll C:\Windows\System32\wshbth.dll 6.1.7601.17514
atl.dll C:\Windows\System32\atl.dll 3.5.2284.0
FWPUCLNT.DLL C:\Windows\System32\FWPUCLNT.DLL 6.1.7601.17514
rasadhlp.dll C:\Windows\System32\rasadhlp.dll 6.1.7600.16385
WSHTCPIP.DLL C:\Windows\System32\WSHTCPIP.DLL 6.1.7600.16385
Flash10v.ocx C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flash10v.ocx 10.3.183.5
dsound.dll C:\Windows\System32\dsound.dll 6.1.7600.16385
powrprof.dll C:\Windows\System32\powrprof.dll 6.1.7600.16385
comdlg32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
mscms.dll C:\Windows\System32\mscms.dll 6.1.7601.17514
ieframe.dll C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll 9.0.8112.16434
oleacc.dll C:\Windows\System32\oleacc.dll 7.0.0.0

csuperman7
3rd Sep 2011, 22:55
Our error is a little different as in there is no error. It just never loads the exterior, but the game keeps thinking and responds to commands (ie [Alt]-[F4]). We don't actually have a crash.

Jaipy
4th Sep 2011, 09:40
same problem here. as soon as I hack the bomb or the terminal for the turret in the sewer the saves done afterwards won't load. I did manage to get back to the cop and finish the quest. The save I made right after could be loaded again. I thought "great, now I can enjoy again". No way, the problem still occurs on nearly each save I make after.

Candlejack DANZA
4th Sep 2011, 16:50
Just made an account to say I'm having the exact same issue. I turn in the bomb quest and am able to load from the auto save, but as soon as I get near the building for the objective any saves I make start doing this.

Really annoying...

csuperman7
6th Sep 2011, 16:50
I just wanted to bump this to see if anyone has found any workarounds or if we are all still stuck on chapter 12...

shadowfreak
6th Sep 2011, 17:52
i have simillar problem on act 12, i have play 17 hours of game without any problems at al, since last night im on act 12 after doing the quest and grabbing side quest inside conference all i need to go investigate the swears for a side quest, every time i try to pass to the other part of the city by the train station or by the basket ball alley the game freeze, inside metro station freeze wen i go up stairs in front of the dancers and in the alley it freezes wen i make the corner to the basketball alley i already have desintall/installed game/drivers play in dx9/11 sli on/off i don't now what to do more and i like to finishing the game PLZ FIX

PS sry for the bad english

CPU: i7 920@4.2
GPU: SLI 570 (stock clocks)
MEM: 12gig DDR3 triple chanel
DSK: intel 2.5 ssd 80GB x25-m mlc 34NM
Mother Board: asus rampage 3 extreme

roguehelix
6th Sep 2011, 18:43
Well aside from starting Chapter 12 over again...I havn't found a work around the issue...it really seems to be tide to the "Smash the State" quest and the LIMB\Convention Center area.
I'm on my 3rd play through (still in Hengsha) and I have yet to run into the issue again (on my rerun on my first, and on my second). I can only guess it happens under certain circumstances which cause the issue to arise, and it appears to happen according to how some people tend to play. Or it could be random.

The only suggestion I can make is start level 12 (2nd trip to Detroit) over again if you can and save the "Smash the State" as the very last item on your list before completeing the 3rd part of the main quest which will take you out of Detroit (this means entering the LIMB clinic before going to do the "Smash the State" quest).

shadowfreak
6th Sep 2011, 19:27
The only suggestion I can make is start level 12 (2nd trip to Detroit) over again if you can and save the "Smash the State" as the very last item on your list before completeing the 3rd part of the main quest which will take you out of Detroit (this means entering the LIMB clinic before going to do the "Smash the State" quest).

well i dont have saves in the begining of chapter 12 all my saves hare in chapter 12 and every have the same problem how can i restart chapter 12 ???

roguehelix
6th Sep 2011, 20:24
well i dont have saves in the begining of chapter 12 all my saves hare in chapter 12 and every have the same problem how can i restart chapter 12 ???

If you have saves prior to entering Detroit again they should load, if none of the detroit saves load at this point I know of no way around the loading loop. :(
I had a manual save just before having to kill the emo aug chick.
I should have clarified that, you will need to have a save point prior to Detroit and work your way back up. Other than that its either start all over again or wait :/. I just decided to start my second play through when it finally bugged me enough to work back up from that one point just before chapter 12.

csuperman7
6th Sep 2011, 21:22
I went back and loaded the game from chapter 9 and replayed all the way through. This time I was able to leave the convention center, so it looks like this bug is random. I suggest making lots of different saves before and during chapter 12 and that way you can reload from something earlier.

mitchrj
6th Sep 2011, 21:45
I just wanted to bump this to see if anyone has found any workarounds or if we are all still stuck on chapter 12...

Sorry, still no workarounds yet.
Also, no word since my earlier e-mail from Square about any possible fix.
Right now it still stands as an official "We're looking into it. It might get fixed, it might not."
So...haven't played it since the 26th or so of August.

TF2 > DEHR currently. See, TF2 just works.

csuperman7
6th Sep 2011, 22:24
Well, I just got to Chapter 13 using the older save, so if you have any older saves and don't mind going through the stuff again, it is possible to get it to work.

mitchrj
6th Sep 2011, 22:27
Just chapter 1 when I did a manual save.
All my others are auto and quick saves in Chapter 12.

csuperman7
6th Sep 2011, 22:34
Just chapter 1 when I did a manual save.
All my others are auto and quick saves in Chapter 12.

That sucks. But I was betweem that or spending 70€ on the version for PS3, so I decided to replay from 9.

fudblinker
8th Sep 2011, 00:11
I'm having the same issue on the xbox version. After disarming the bomb and turning that quest I went into the main part of the convention center by accident. When I attempt to leave I get the load screen and that's it no matter which exit I try...

csuperman7
8th Sep 2011, 00:17
The only solution is to go to an earier save. That's what I did and I just finished the game today. It sucks, but until Square/Eidos fix it, that's our only option.

Candlejack DANZA
8th Sep 2011, 19:50
Bump, still no luck, this is pretty freaking gamebreaking.

bagins82
10th Sep 2011, 08:05
I have the same problem. I'm stuck in the convention center (after talking to Taggard).
'Never ending loading' happens when i open any of my saved games.
:mad2:

mr_Hk_
12th Sep 2011, 13:21
Same here ...

PLEASE Eidos, at least send us someone to deal with this issue.
It seems to be a classic script error, shouldn't be taht hard for you to fix.

For US, the game experienced has been a disaster since that point. I want to finish the game with THIS adam, not a new one.

Please do your best.

Kind regards to the dev team, we love your work, please let us keep it that way.

mitchrj
13th Sep 2011, 07:35
Anyone heard back with any info yet?
I haven't made any progress in the game since like the 28th of August due to this bug.

Candlejack DANZA
13th Sep 2011, 22:14
Anyone heard back with any info yet?
I haven't made any progress in the game since like the 28th of August due to this bug.

Nope, which sucks because all my friends have beaten it and I'm stuck on this chapter. Good to know Eidos, going on how many weeks and no response?

mitchrj
14th Sep 2011, 02:28
I bet it doesn't get fixed until after the stupid DLC comes out.
Stable product > more content. Seriously.

mr_Hk_
15th Sep 2011, 12:42
UP !

Eidos, we want an anwser...

Your silence is a kind of "F**** You, you've bought the game, our work is done, now we don't care."

mitchrj
16th Sep 2011, 02:31
I had hoped that given todays patch, I might find this issue resolved, but it's exactly the same.
I still can't exit LIMB. I just hang there...stuck on the loading screen reading an endless stream of "helpful tips."

It's been several weeks with no acknowledgement, no help, and no solution.
This is absurd. Can we at least get a "Hey, we recognize how badly this has effected your game experience, but we're looking into it and hope to have a solution soon."

I could certainly respect that.
Silence, I cannot.

mitchrj
17th Sep 2011, 21:18
2,000+ views on this thread and a bunch of people awaiting an answer, but none is given.
Thanks Eidos. :mad2:

Candlejack DANZA
19th Sep 2011, 09:20
Well,I decided to say screw it. I loaded up my last save that worked (In the Convention Center) and downloaded that "Debug Menu" mod, turned on infinite energy and then put silent steps and invisibility on and cloaked my way through the sewers and the rest of mission 12. I can confirm once you get done in that area and move onto the next chapter, the bug no longer happens. Kind of messed up, and I know some of you don't have a save that works, but for those that do I'd suggest that.

retox
19th Sep 2011, 19:18
I'm having this bug too, but I narrowed my problem down to the transition between halves of the detroit map

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=122006

mr_Hk_
20th Sep 2011, 16:54
My last save is from chapter 4...
last normal save, quick save, previous save and auto saved are doomed.

UUUUUP !!!!

isn't their any way to teleport to a working area ???
the burger menu didn't help me sole this.

come on EIDOS, say something...

mitchrj
22nd Sep 2011, 03:29
My last save is from chapter 4...
last normal save, quick save, previous save and auto saved are doomed.

UUUUUP !!!!

isn't their any way to teleport to a working area ???
the burger menu didn't help me sole this.

come on EIDOS, say something...

Good luck with that. 2,300 views now, and no official comments.

jaywalker2309
22nd Sep 2011, 23:09
Have you put your save game somewhere we can access? Have you reported this via official tech support?

mitchrj
22nd Sep 2011, 23:38
Have you put your save game somewhere we can access? Have you reported this via official tech support?

Yes, I have contacted official support. To paraphrase their reply: *shrug* "Dunno. Sorry."

Where should I put the savegames for you guys to access it?
I appreciate the reply, btw.

donald
23rd Sep 2011, 19:06
I was stuck at the chapter 12 loading bug.

I had patched my game and I was stuck at the LIMB clinic. I had made a backup of my saves before I had patched. So I uninstalled the game replaced my game saves and re installed with no patches. I was able to go past the limb clinic.

Now I understand that this will not work for everyone But I am a firm believer of as many saved games as possible just in-case this happens.

This had happened in chapter 5 but I was able to recover with an earlier game save.

mr_Hk_
25th Sep 2011, 16:19
Have you put your save game somewhere we can access?

my saves :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5708588/chapter12_saves.zip

I though this was the official support board (steam redirect me here...)

thanks a lot for your time.

mitchrj
30th Sep 2011, 02:41

So...no follow-up?

mitchrj
1st Oct 2011, 07:59
I finally got tired of waiting and restarted. I barely got started on the first mission before this giant, steaming pile of electronic excrement flat-out stopped working and I had to ctr-alt-del my way into task manager.

This game actually worked perfectly up until the loading bug.
Then you guys tossed in two patches. I noticed a framerate drop, and now in addition to not being able to pass Chapter 12 - I simply can't play the game.

Worse $50 I've ever spent, honestly.
I wouldn't mind some hiccups if I could at least finish the game, but this is horrible.
This should have stayed in QA until you got stuff working, not let loose on eager gamers in an unfinished state.

Disappointing. Bad form, Eidos.

retox
2nd Oct 2011, 22:40
So...no follow-up?

Of course no follow up, the request for a save was just something he said to raise your hopes and make you stop complaining for a few days. Eidos have your money, they don't give a f-uck what happens to you now.

Can I request a refund because the product is defective as sold? Unfit for purpose?

And then people get upset that piracy is rife on the PC!

mr_Hk_
4th Oct 2011, 11:29
UP mister eidos ...

please, help us by doing your work

Your_Worst_Nightmare
11th Oct 2011, 12:41
Congratulations, Eidos.

Myself and six others are filing class action lawsuits against your entire company. You have 24 hours to reply to this thread with AT LEAST news on a fix for this game-breaking bug; if you fail to comply, you will hear from my lawyer.

Given the circumstances, I believe offering you a way out of this mess you're in by simply giving us some acknowledgement is more than fair.

Failure to comply with this request will result in said lawsuits being filed.

mr_chook
12th Oct 2011, 10:42
im having the exact same trouble at the same point in the game on ps3 any fix yet?

mitchrj
14th Oct 2011, 22:30
Congratulations, Eidos.

Myself and six others are filing class action lawsuits against your entire company. You have 24 hours to reply to this thread with AT LEAST news on a fix for this game-breaking bug; if you fail to comply, you will hear from my lawyer.

Given the circumstances, I believe offering you a way out of this mess you're in by simply giving us some acknowledgement is more than fair.

Good luck with that. Their army of lawyers lols at us, I'm sure.
"Oh, you got robbed of $50 by buying a defective game? Who cares!? It's a video game! Also, we roll in cash!"

retox
17th Oct 2011, 23:56
Congratulations, Eidos.

Worst. Bluff. Evar.

You might as well have said that your dad is a lawyer, derp.

bagins82
18th Oct 2011, 08:00
Note to myself:
Never by a game made by canadian!

mitchrj
18th Oct 2011, 22:30
Note to myself:
Never buy a game made by high-school beginning programming students!

Fixed!

Jaipy
11th Nov 2011, 19:22
Fixed as well.
At last I can enjoy the game again :)

fudblinker
13th Nov 2011, 01:56
I'm still getting this same issue on xbox. I thought it might have been patched by now but after downloading the patch I still can't use my chapter 12 save, and I really don't feel like repeating over two hours of this game due to it not working properly... Anyone recur Ed any word on if this will ever get fixed?

KryptAngel
24th Apr 2012, 15:15
this thread is old and resolved but some one asked if the Ps3 is effected and it is cuz i got hit with it and thats the version i am playing. I am however in slightly different point in Ch 12 than the rest of you. In my case it happened right after confronting taggert directly to get sandavols location. When i atttempt to leave i get the load hang and even my hard save before entering the center is fubared so it seem to be an issue with that section of detroit 2's map.

The really annoying thing is this a second playthrough and beat the game with no issues ever occuring once. The ONLY difference between runs is that i hacked taggerts computer to find sandavol the first time instead of crashing his speech and winning the argument. Even tho this threads old I'm inclined to ask how you other victims handled getting sandavols location since in my case that seems to have triggered the problem.

GrindheadJim
1st May 2012, 01:17
this thread is old and resolved but some one asked if the Ps3 is effected and it is cuz i got hit with it and thats the version i am playing. I am however in slightly different point in Ch 12 than the rest of you. In my case it happened right after confronting taggert directly to get sandavols location. When i atttempt to leave i get the load hang and even my hard save before entering the center is fubared so it seem to be an issue with that section of detroit 2's map.

The really annoying thing is this a second playthrough and beat the game with no issues ever occuring once. The ONLY difference between runs is that i hacked taggerts computer to find sandavol the first time instead of crashing his speech and winning the argument. Even tho this threads old I'm inclined to ask how you other victims handled getting sandavols location since in my case that seems to have triggered the problem.

This is PRECISELY what happened to me... TODAY.

Xbox 360. First playthrough, stealth/computer hack. Second playthrough, crash the speech.

Now, I cannot leave the Center, and I can't even load Detroit City saves BEFORE THE *&^$%ing mission!

I'm really peeved. This needs addressed.

Jon3Mac
2nd Jun 2012, 22:33
Having the same problem on Xbox

RussellLawliet
22nd Aug 2012, 16:48
I just made an account here to say that I am still getting this glitch even a year after it was brought up. I finished the quest with the PI, and went straight to Taggart's speech without even initiating the sewer quest, since most people who started that quest seemed here seemed to get the glitch. I talked down Taggart, exited the Convention Centre and got the loop. Xbox user here. I can't believe you guys at Eidos haven't managed to fix such a fatal error even a year after it being found.

red1984
26th Nov 2012, 13:19
Same thing as the poster before^. Played the game through and through, only to be locked out in chapter 12. I never did hard saves, so I'm left with 1 quicksave and 2 autosaves, all a minute away from each other and none loading.

Anyone wants to address this?

Da_Epik1
17th Jun 2013, 15:31
I have the same problem, but as I only bought the game recently, i'm not anywhere near chapter 12, so it can't be that that's causing it