PDA

View Full Version : Love the game thank you Eidos!

Jovena
26th Aug 2011, 19:34
First off I am a big fan of the series well more so of 1 then 2, but this reminds me so much of the first (with a massive face lift) was like coming home again.

Just wanted to say thank you for making this game feel so much like the original.

Jovena

jaywalker2309
26th Aug 2011, 20:03
:D :)

kraze
27th Aug 2011, 02:20
Game was fantastic. Only thing I wished was changed was a free mode or a way to continue the game at the end. Once you finish it, it is over.

I would like to continue playing doing side missions and upgrading augmentations still.

Game was fantastic!

badmonk
27th Aug 2011, 10:31
hey guys!! new to these forums :)

yeah i would also like to say a BIG THANK YOU! to Eidos montreal for the awesome game that is Deus Ex HR!!

what an amazing title!!!

i was just gonna ask if its possible to run through the game once finished but on your 2nd playthrough, use you character with his upgraded augs or have to start from scratch again please?

AkimboJoe
27th Aug 2011, 10:49
I came here to say thank you as well but I saw someone had already been so gracious as to do so. This is an excellent game and it is quite obvious from the amount of detail and attention payed to the art, background, NPC speech and reacting to events, music, sound, item descriptions and various solutions that a good deal of love and caring has been invested into this game and I would like to say that it is appreciated.

Merci and thanks again Eidos Montreal and the whole crew at SqEnix for delivering an excellent game thus far and a solid product that should have no problem finding great success and establishing a great reputation for the studio.

GOTY material for sure!

badmonk
27th Aug 2011, 10:51
GOTY material for sure!

fo sho!

and great name BTW, i have had a couple chars called AkimboJones so this made me smile :)

IdiotInAJeep
27th Aug 2011, 11:14
Amazing game. I was completely blown away by it.

MaceUk
27th Aug 2011, 11:47
First off I am a big fan of the series well more so of 1 then 2, but this reminds me so much of the first (with a massive face lift) was like coming home again.

Just wanted to say thank you for making this game feel so much like the original.

Jovena

+1
Fantastic game! :)

ⓣⓐⓕⓕⓔⓡ
27th Aug 2011, 11:48
I agree, two thumbs up lads! :thumb: :thumb:

jtr7
27th Aug 2011, 12:02
hey guys!! new to these forums :)

yeah i would also like to say a BIG THANK YOU! to Eidos montreal for the awesome game that is Deus Ex HR!!

what an amazing title!!!

i was just gonna ask if its possible to run through the game once finished but on your 2nd playthrough, use you character with his upgraded augs or have to start from scratch again please?

There's no New Game+. You will have to start over from scratch every time.

DisaFear
27th Aug 2011, 12:29
Loving it too, just want to play it all night

badmonk
27th Aug 2011, 17:01
There's no New Game+. You will have to start over from scratch every time.

Boo! Oh well! Still awesome anyways :)
Thanks for the reply!

Urahara
27th Aug 2011, 20:43
Great game so far. Hope you can fix the problems of this one and make a great sequel.

Doctalen
27th Aug 2011, 20:54
Ya thanks guys! By far my favorite in the series

Dr_Bob
27th Aug 2011, 22:13
Game of the year.

lhaymehr
27th Aug 2011, 23:14
Just finished it and I gotta say this was one hell of a game. Minor design issues but I guess that's subjective. They really went out of their way to make a Deus Ex sequel and they sure delivered what was promised. Now, get some rest Eidos Montreal cause next up I wanna see a new original title designed by you guys.
10/10.

klaeljanus
27th Aug 2011, 23:26
Awesome job. Merci beaucoup. Also: (sad to say) but the immersion was really broken for me when that one NPC said that the Habs routed the Red Wings. :-)

Quillan
27th Aug 2011, 23:37
I'm not QUITE finished yet. I suspect I'm just about to start the final area, but it's been AWESOME! There were and are a couple of design choices I disagreed with, but they have not really impacted my enjoyment of this game. When I first heard Eidos was making a prequel, I adopted the mindset of "keep your expectations low and you won't be as disappointed". As release came closer and more previews were released, I became cautiously optimistic. So many times we've been promised features that just didn't make it into the game in the form it was implied. To Eidos Montreal: spectacular job, folks.

Now go remake Deus Ex using this engine. :p

ZakKa89
27th Aug 2011, 23:54
I was never hyped so much for a game. Not even for Half Life 2...
I am very nitpicky when it comes to games. I can't stand bioshock for example and I think the Mass Effect and Assassin's creed series are overrated,

But this game... I am in heng sha and I can say this game is already one of my favorites of all time. Right up there with the first Deus ex and Half Life 2.

cartridge
28th Aug 2011, 00:01
Yeah, I am really enjoying the game so far. I just reached the apt. and already put in about 12 hours.

Boradam
28th Aug 2011, 00:09
Game of the year.

Eidios
Your appointment to the Game Awards should be finalized within the week. We've already discussed the matter with the shows hosts.

Marketing
We take it they were agreeable?

Eidios
They didn't really have a choice.

Marketing
Have they been enjoying it?

Eidios
Oh, yes, most certainly. When we mentioned that we could get them on the priority list for the Augmented Edition free of charge, they were so willing it was almost pathetic.

Marketing
This game -- the positive reviews are intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.

Eidios
Why contain it? Let it spill over into the stores and homes, let the disc cases pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to make DLC for them.

Marketing
We've received reports of armed attacks on shipments. There's not enough Conspiracy to go around, and the underclasses are starting to get desperate.

Eidios
Of course they're desperate. They can hear their friends playing the game, and the sound they'll make unpackaging their games will serve as a warning to the rest.

Marketing
Mmm. We hope you're not underestimating the problem. The others may not go as quietly as you think -- intelligence indicates they were behind the leak.

Eidios
A bunch of impatient old gamers attempting to play the game... But the gaming industries left them behind long ago. We are the future of gaming.

Marketing
We have other problems.

Eidios
Gamestop?

Marketing
Formed by men after the terror of not having video games in the Store. We have someone in place, though. We're more concerned about the timing of the games release -- they relocated the release date to the end of summer.

Eidios
Our timing is far in advance of summer, as are our vacations. And their... inflexibility to not push the release date has allowed us to make progress in wiping out errors that they refused to consider...

Marketing
Glitches?

Eidios
Among other things -- but I must admit that we've been somewhat disappointed in the delay of Steam's release date time.

Marketing
The game itself should be online on steam soon. It's currently undergoing preparation and will be operational within six hours. My people will continue to report on its progress. If necessary, the install time will be stalled.

Eidios
We've had to endure much, you and we, but soon there will be order again, a new Deus Ex. The Writers spoke of the mythical Deus Ex Sequel. Soon that game will be a reality, and we will be made rich... Or better than rich. Millionaires.

PhillyEagleDude
28th Aug 2011, 00:24
Yea this game is really sweet. I love it time just flies by when Im playing this baby and I dont even notice it.

pha
28th Aug 2011, 00:44
There are some little things which would make the game even better, but now is not the time to complain, it's time to savor the redemption of the Deus Ex franchise and congratulate Eidos Montreal for their stunning debut.

(post)

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/51167/Clap.gif

binaryboy
28th Aug 2011, 00:57
Agreed. Amazingly excellent. Definitely going to buy multiple copies as gifts and have already posted a recommendation on steam. We can shout from the rooftops about this one.

I LOVE that you guys paid attention to the little details like putting clutter on the desks and tables. The music is great. There are many places to explore and multiple paths. The AI has made the enemies much more challenging.

As for nitpicks... showers aren't usable? I want to clean up before I go out for an evening of breaking and entering! And the movie seemed more like a promotional video than a "making of." I was hoping for fewer talking heads and more documentary style footage. Check out Code Rush, StartUp . Com or E-Dreams to see some good tech documentaries.

CoDEllite
28th Aug 2011, 01:02
Im so addicted to this game its not even funny. Instant GOTY contender. Probably easy winner now that Mass Effect 3 release was pushed to 2012.

Blackbird SR-71C
28th Aug 2011, 01:18
That's it right there. PotY (Post of the Year) :thumb:

Raditude
28th Aug 2011, 04:32
This game deserves more than praise. It deserves a fruit basket from everyone who plays it. It deserves Joyous cries from the rooftops. It deserves heartfelt poetry.

I would personally spend a day shaking the hands of every employee of Eidos Montreal. Then I would go back and high five each one of them when I am done.

They gave me something precious. They gave a game that I can sink my teeth into, something that treats gamers like intelligent individuals, not lobotomized techno-zombies.
Games like this are sadly too rare.

MaxxQ1
28th Aug 2011, 04:58
This game deserves more than praise. It deserves a fruit basket from everyone who plays it. It deserves Joyous cries from the rooftops. It deserves heartfelt poetry.

I would personally spend a day shaking the hands of every employee of Eidos Montreal. Then I would go back and high five each one of them when I am done.

They gave me something precious. They gave a game that I can sink my teeth into, something that treats gamers like intelligent individuals, not lobotomized techno-zombies.
Games like this are sadly too rare.

Yep. Last one I saw and played was DX back in 2000. Been playing it at least once a year ever since.

nakedhand
28th Aug 2011, 12:11
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is going straight on my top 10 best ever gaming experiences.

Eidos Montreal has produced a true gem here, with somewhat rough characteristics in certain spots (there is always room for improvement and sometimes rough is good). Over all the game is whole and beautiful. It is a delight to play and highly engaging, bordering on the addictive.

Major props for:

Story and art direction.
Visuals. Loving the low frequency texture style. Great artists, very homogenous effort.
The tech crew for making the most of an old Hotrod´ed engine with limited lighting capacities.
Solid execution. No crashes or bugs here (started playing on the 26th).
Game mechanics are largely good, great or excellent. Applied logic works.
Staying true to DX1 in many respects.
Patch expediency.
Listening to the fan base on certain topics, not listening to the fans on other topics.
Including FOV in menu is a great signal to send to all devs.
UNATCO theme on the radio.
NCC1701-D cables! etc.

Primary criticism:

Need more Deus Ex games and not in 6 years!
Sound design during dialogue is too isolated and also not tuned to reflect environment.
Power cells being recharged by protein alone. Needed alternatives, for example: Hack into power grid and
recharge with acquired adapters).

Boss fights seem dumped in there as a remnant of the past.

Ashbery76
28th Aug 2011, 12:14
I agree this game is amazing and will be played in 10 years time just like DX1 was.

Arksun
28th Aug 2011, 13:42
Ok my first impressions were that it seemed ok, loved the music, but it felt slightly clunky and the stuttering at start of loading sections were a little annoying.

Also felt maybe the FOV was just zoomed in very slightly into things.

However as I played it again in the nighttime I settled into it more and started to like it more and more. I had to remind myself that I wasn't instantly wowed when I played the first Deus Ex either, I was a little more into the game before I started truly apreciating its magic.

Now that I've reached the point of stepping out into the streets of Detroit and having this vast expanse to just go out and explore, thats when I finally started getting those DX1 goosebumps, and I've barely started the game!.

5 hours play time and I'm only just up to the Detroit street level, yes I like to take my time :)

cartridge
28th Aug 2011, 14:03
Ok my first impressions were that it seemed ok, loved the music, but it felt slightly clunky and the stuttering at start of loading sections were a little annoying.

However as I played it again in the nighttime I settled into it more and started to like it more and more. I had to remind myself that I wasn't instantly wowed when I played the first Deus Ex either, I was a little more into the game before I started truly apreciating its magic.

Now that I've reached the point of stepping out into the streets of Detroit and having this vast expanse to just go out and explore, thats when I finally started getting those DX1 goosebumps, and I've barely started the game!.

5 hours play time and I'm only just up to the Detroit street level, yes I like to take my time :)

If you like Detroit, just wait until you travel to Hengsa. I started Hengsha last night at about 16 hours in, I was like O.O. The environments are clearly crafted with a lot of care, it's been quite a while since I've seen so much life and atmosphere in a video game, even if some of the NPCs remind me of a Johnny Cab haha. ;D

Quillan
28th Aug 2011, 17:32
I just finished my first playthrough: 39 hours. Plus, I know I missed something: didn't find the Talion AD sidequest. You rarely see a game this big anymore. I think I only spent about 30 hours my first time through Deus Ex. Going to start another playthrough shortly.

Daedatheus
28th Aug 2011, 18:14

Did you play it on PC? You know there was an FOV setting in the gameplay options. It defaults at 75, maxes out at 100. I played at 90 fov all the way through, and it made things SOOO much better. I'm so happy that option was in there, and I hope more game devs give us that option.

I just finished my first playthrough: 39 hours.

Yeah, can we add another point to Eidos Montreal's accolades? They didn't lie about the length of their game. And it's absolutely sprawling and epic, I finished at 37 hours, having done just about everything. I can't even remember the last time I played a mostly-linear game that came even close.

The best part was, I didn't want it to end. And because it lasted so long it was harder to deal with the fact that it ended. :o

RitaChan
28th Aug 2011, 19:06
I also want to say thank you! This game is the best game I played for the last 3 years I guess. I kinda thought this game was too short even if I did almost every side quest xD cant wait for the sequel lol. Until then I will replay this game tons of times. Also about the boss fights. I think it would have been better to have more information about those chars or meeting them in different places instead of already killing them the first time you meet them.

Jovena
28th Aug 2011, 23:25
I have a total of 66 hours in but fear I am nearing the end, I spend lot of time hacking and checking out every area...oh and have reloaded many many times since I like to do each mission perfect! ;)

Btw what is this Talion AD sidequest someone else mentioned? I been trying to do every side quest ...but this one does not sound familiar??

Itkovian
28th Aug 2011, 23:55
Agreed. I just finished it this afternoon, and I must say it is one of my favourite games, if not the best.

This was clearly a labour of love, crafted by a team who cared about getting every little detail right (and I think the rather unique credits proves how invested the team was into their product).

Superlative work, Eidos Montreal. I wish more games were of this quality.

Thank you.

Itkovian

ufo8mycat
29th Aug 2011, 07:20
I actually decided to create an account just to say this :

I cannot believe I almost passed on this game.

Definitely my GOTY thus far and one of the best games this generation. One of the best games ever

I absolutely LOVE the atmosphere. Has a Blade Runner feel to it and the story is damn interesting.

I have fallen in love wtih the hacking mini-game, so much fun, even though it gets kind of easy once you upgrade your Hacking:Stealth augmentations.

I love hacking into locked offices and exploring, hacking a persons work comptuer and reading the emails and collecting/reading PDa's. Really brings life into the game.

I love the freedom to tackle missions however you want. Stealth, All guns blazing or a mixture of both.

I have decided to do a mixture of both, with a bit more focus on stealth and it is absolutely fun. Sneaking around, hiding behind cover, takedowns. Feels damn sweet doing stealth runs and equipped with my tranq rifle.

Occasionally I will pull out my lethal guns if I get caught, which is good because it's a refreshing change then doing it all stealth.

The multiple paths you can take to get to certain locations is awesome too. I would take 1 route to the location (for example the base or whatever it is - in Detroit) and before entering the place, I would explore around the area, find these new paths that lead me back to where I originally started and thinking 'I could of came this way, or through the vents this way, or that way'. In 1 particular mission you can take a path that leads you pretty much directly to your objective, instead of going the long way (good for total stealth runs), though taking this route, you do miss out on a lot of items and EXP, though you can always explore later. The great thing is the options are there.

I was a bit 'on the fence' with the controls and cover system after reading about some people not liking it, but I had no problems at all. Feels pretty much like Mass Effect.

I love the augmentations and it's great that the game doesn't allow you to upgrade your skills/augs too quickly (which is a good thing - unlike Fallout 3 where you would max your character out way before the end of the game)

It would be nice if there were more side-quests (I'm just about to visit 2nd city, but I've had a quick skim through sites listing the side-quests, there were like hmm 12?) The reason I am complaining about thsi is msot likely because I don't want this game to end!!

The conversations and way you tackle it is awesome, leads to different results. Yeah it's done in other games, but Deus Ex Human Revolution brings this to another level (especially if you have the pursuasion augmentation).

As I said, definitely my GOTY and one fo the best games this gen.

The gameplay is like a mixture of : Splinter Cell, MGS4 and Mass Effect 2.

AWESOME game

There are a lot of average games out there, there are quite a few great games out there and sometimes very rarely (unfortuntely) you will stumble upon a masterpiece. Dues Ex HR is one of them.

Amazing experience so far and I am only just about to reach the second city.

One bad thing? I don't want it to end :(

Daedatheus
29th Aug 2011, 08:25
Definitely my GOTY thus far and one of the best games this generation. One of the best games ever...Amazing experience so far and I am only just about to reach the second city.

One bad thing? I don't want it to end :(

My GOD man! You're already gushing about it this much and you haven't even gone to Heng Sha? You ain't seen anything yet. Honestly, it only gets better and better, and don't worry, there is much to go before it ends. Lots of choices to make.

If you're already going on about the game this much this early into your playthrough, I'm afraid to see your posts after you complete the game :lol:

Arksun
29th Aug 2011, 13:09
If you like Detroit, just wait until you travel to Hengsa. I started Hengsha last night at about 16 hours in, I was like O.O. The environments are clearly crafted with a lot of care, it's been quite a while since I've seen so much life and atmosphere in a video game, even if some of the NPCs remind me of a Johnny Cab haha. ;D

I reached Hengsha last night :eek: WOW!
And I loved the way the blinds lifted in my apartment creating those light beams like something out of Bladerunner.

I gotta hand it to JJB, the art direction and design is beautiful, the colours do work and the smokey environment is perfect.

Daedatheus
29th Aug 2011, 17:02
I reached Hengsha last night :eek: WOW!...
I gotta hand it to JJB, the art direction and design is beautiful, the colours do work and the smokey environment is perfect.

Exactly the reaction I had, Henghsha is easily one of my favourite locations in any game ever. It's a real achievement artistically and technically.

Did you fix your FOV issue? Assuming you're playing on PC ;)

Arksun
30th Aug 2011, 00:06
Exactly the reaction I had, Henghsha is easily one of my favourite locations in any game ever. It's a real achievement artistically and technically.

Did you fix your FOV issue? Assuming you're playing on PC ;)

Naa I just got used to the FOV, doesn't bother me so much anymore.

That moment in Hengsha when you first enter the upper city Tai Yun Medical facility and slowly walk up to that window seeing that huge expanse down below and the sheer scale of the Tai Yun building itself.... felt like taking a picture, with that goosebumpy music and atmosphere, put a big big smile on my face :)

WhiteWi
30th Aug 2011, 04:37
I am new to Deus ex universe but I am in love with it already. Amazing atmosphere! Great job guys!!!! Thank you for the game!

Arksun
31st Aug 2011, 04:27
Its now 5:26am, says a lot for how much I'm enjoying this game now.

Just reached Panchea, time to call it a night and save that for tomorrow I think. Before I wake up with QWERT-face

DoomtrainUK
1st Sep 2011, 05:30
I dont know what it is about this game but somehow I just want to make love to it, in every position, and then whisper to it just how it quenched my thirst for this type of game

s.pasanen
1st Sep 2011, 05:46
Just finished the game yesterday in about 47 hours. The game is absolutely great! I want more of this! More sidequests and stuff via DLC of course!

Great Job:thumb:!

EDIT: Also a sequel would be nice :)

Bawtzki
1st Sep 2011, 09:45
Thank you Eidos! This game exceeded all of my expectations. I haven't enjoyed a game this much since the original Deus Ex :).

GreatScott
18th Sep 2011, 23:50
Just want to add a very well done too and repeat everything said already. Great job Eidos Montreal & Nixxes its my goty by a mile.

Would like to give a mention to Nixxes who I think have been a bit overlooked for delivering an excellent pc version. Its not ideal to get a port but the job you guys did, it didn't feel like a port. Performance was good, can't recall any bugs. Liked all the settings it had including a good save system, FOV, dx11 and interface so great work. I've also played Tomb Raider Underworld which before Human Revolution didn't realize you guys also ported that game which again was a great port.

One thing I would politely say maybe can improved upon next time is better developing some of the main characters like the bosses(learning more about them in the game rather than afterwards in the book) and Megan Reed who has been Adams main goal to find but once found things move too quickly, there is no closure to the relationship and proper development whereas I felt a stronger connection to someone like Malik who I was able to understand more and find out more about her character and background.

Also take the reception and sales of this game as a demonstration that you can take your time working on a game with care, making it smart, creating a lot of depth, detail and people will respond, appreciate and it will get rewarded, succeed and sell.

Games don't need to be rushed out or be too simple(there is a balance which you have got) like some others in the market that have fallen short.

Btw It would be cool to find out how many copies the PC version sold including DD figures because just looking at the current figures the assumption could be taken that the PC version didn't sell well. I bought the AE and think whilst consoles sell more I'm sure there is a good strong PC following than the current figures tell and generally also PC tends to sell more gradually over time.

I have a total of 66 hours in but fear I am nearing the end, I spend lot of time hacking and checking out every area...oh and have reloaded many many times since I like to do each mission perfect! ;)

Btw what is this Talion AD sidequest someone else mentioned? I been trying to do every side quest ...but this one does not sound familiar??

You should find the Talion AD sidequest in Hengsha part two talking to a guy in the limb clinic when there is the chip malfunction recall.

AdamJensen2027
19th Sep 2011, 08:06
Much respect and huge thanks to all and anyone who worked or helped in making this great game! :)

kalms
19th Sep 2011, 09:56
Lovely thread! I can only second every word. Lovely game and extremely fun gameplay.

Thanks! ;-)