PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack (missing music)

ExDeus
26th Aug 2011, 19:33
i was just wondering..
how come not all the music from the game, is on the sountrack?
i really like the upper city lab "theme", and its not on the soudntrack :/
and thats not the only one missing.. sad

sea
26th Aug 2011, 20:38
The soundtrack is definitely incomplete. My guess is Eidos held over some of the tracks because the composer wants to release the soundtrack separately, for purchase.

mad825
26th Aug 2011, 21:32
It's a kick in the balls.

Seeing as the promotion department mainly falls into SE hands, I get the feeling nothing will be done by this and will become lost in time.

ecto69
26th Aug 2011, 21:57
The soundtrack is definitely incomplete. My guess is Eidos held over some of the tracks because the composer wants to release the soundtrack separately, for purchase.

I would not pay 5 cents for it if someone gave me the 5 cents...

Diremongoose
27th Aug 2011, 14:27
I bought the Augmented edition so I could experience the full soundtrack. Given that it was influential in my buying decision I was quite disappointed to find out that several tracks were missing. The score for Adam's apartment is a favourite of mine that is also absent.

I don't want to have to record my own speaker output to get this track at a good quality.
Of course if we had an easy way to extract .bigfiles from my steam install directory I could find it myself :)

neilthecellist
27th Aug 2011, 20:09
One word:

Audacity.

I already have every song in the game because of it.

supersheep3000
27th Aug 2011, 21:00
TBH - With a game like this, the Valves approach to Portal 2's soundtrack would have been ALOT better.

mad825
1st Sep 2011, 21:05
It took some time however I confronted Square Enix about this and they said:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

The tracks included on your bonus disc are the entire soundtrack that the Augmented Edition gives as a bonus. As it happens even with movies, not all the tracks are included in the Original Soundtrack album. This is due to ?last minute? compositions and arrangements.

We understand that some tracks could have been left out. Please accept our apologies.

Kind regards,

Your SQUARE ENIX Support Centre Team

Not much I know.

duckydy
11th Sep 2011, 12:06
To be fair the comment on movie soundtracks is correct. I've run into this when purchasing movie soundtracks. It could be any number of things that factor into whether a track is included or not.

Bulk
15th Sep 2011, 22:01
You can download the full thing, I did because I figured I'd paid for the Aug edition and somewhat deserved it. I'd best not link to it though, prolly against the rules, but I found it with some quick Googling

Coldfire201
16th Sep 2011, 02:52
Do you guys remember the music at the very beginning of the first gameplay trailer from gamescom before the hive track... was that even in the game?