PDA

View Full Version : No melee weapons?

doctor_atomic
26th Aug 2011, 18:29
Are there no melee weapons in the game? I haven't found a knife or baton yet.

Mobius32
26th Aug 2011, 19:50
No, there are no melee weapons

popej
26th Aug 2011, 20:56
If you don't mind I'll hijack this as my question relates to the op's.

Am I right in thinking that there is no way to take a baddie out if you have no energy and no ammo? That seems a little short sighted tbh. I'm not in that situation, it just occurred to me as I was playing.

Game is good though. :)

GreyTemplar
26th Aug 2011, 21:01
Are there no melee weapons in the game? I haven't found a knife or baton yet.

afaik only the blades equipped in your arms.

JCpies
26th Aug 2011, 21:21
Where are the melee weapons!? I'll never stop looking.

Shaderhacker
26th Aug 2011, 22:40
Build a super-solider and use objects and your fists/blades! ;)

doctor_atomic
27th Aug 2011, 00:24
I used the batons a lot in the other games as I recall. How does one deploy the blades? Is there a mod I need to get?

Also, I cannot even use my bare (metal) fists other than through takedowns.

nomotog
27th Aug 2011, 00:29
Lack of a melee strike is quite jarring. I think they should have included one.

Black-Xero
27th Aug 2011, 00:31

Am I right in thinking that there is no way to take a baddie out if you have no energy and no ammo? That seems a little short sighted tbh. I'm not in that situation, it just occurred to me as I was playing.

You can always use boxes or garbage cans but if there aren't any around you then you're in trouble. Might as well just wait for your battery to recharge.

Lack of a melee strike is quite jarring. I think they should have included one.
Adam has blades in his arms. They should have given us the option of using them...without them using battery energy.

RedFeather1975
27th Aug 2011, 02:27
It's funny that without ammo and a full cell of battery power, Adam is weaker than a bean-ball launcher.

wheresmyskulgun
27th Aug 2011, 02:47

New to Deus Ex, are you? ;) There are LOTS of way to take guys out without energy or ammo. Throw boxes, drop stuff on them, push them over a ledge, hack a turret/robot to kill them (or carry your own hacked turret from earlier in the lovel), throw a gas container into their room, etc. etc. etc.

popej
27th Aug 2011, 08:44
New to Deus Ex, are you? ;) There are LOTS of way to take guys out without energy or ammo. Throw boxes, drop stuff on them, push them over a ledge, hack a turret/robot to kill them (or carry your own hacked turret from earlier in the lovel), throw a gas container into their room, etc. etc. etc.

No, you're new to be being sarcastic though aren't you? You don't do it very well you see, because the new game is NOTHING like Deus Ex 1 combat beyond passing weapon resemblances. I don't recall any 'take down' mechanics or lack of melee weapons in the first two games. Do you?

Ludogator
27th Aug 2011, 08:57
Yeah, no meelee weapons doesn't look good. some baton and a knife would make it a lot better. I don't like how the guy uses one cell of energy just to k.o. some other dude. It isn't so unnatural to use a whole cell ;]

justalookinggl
27th Aug 2011, 10:10
That's sad to hear....Deus ex 1 had a ton of melee weapons and some were actually very usefull.For example the batton to knock out someone,or the energy katana to annihilate everybody...