PDA

View Full Version : "Driver issue, please update drivers" on most all graphics options

Akdor 1154
26th Aug 2011, 16:16
Hi,

(Yes I know I just posted another thread, I figure keeping discussion relevant to each issue is a Good Idea. :))
Playing on a GTX 260 with the latest drivers (280.something WHQL, no newer beta release ATM), enabling any sort of graphical fanciness (AA, post-processing, SSAO, DOF) leads to an error which states
A problem has occured with your display driver. Your system may not have the resources available to run this game at the selected settings. Yadda yadda yadda update your drivers. It would be nice to play this game with some sort of lighting applied - at the moment it feels like it has even less range of lighting environments than DE1 managed with the original Unreal engine!

Ta,
-Jarrad

EDIT: also who the hell designed this forum theme? Looks like someone found the gradient and bevel-emboss features on photoshop whilst drunk.

Chopteeth
26th Aug 2011, 22:32
Hi,

(Yes I know I just posted another thread, I figure keeping discussion relevant to each issue is a Good Idea. :))
Playing on a GTX 260 with the latest drivers (280.something WHQL, no newer beta release ATM), enabling any sort of graphical fanciness (AA, post-processing, SSAO, DOF) leads to an error which states It would be nice to play this game with some sort of lighting applied - at the moment it feels like it has even less range of lighting environments than DE1 managed with the original Unreal engine!

Ta,
-Jarrad

EDIT: also who the hell designed this forum theme? Looks like someone found the gradient and bevel-emboss features on photoshop whilst drunk.

Sorry but I think you may not have the graphical capabilities to run those options if you have already successfully updated your driver :( You may want to try rolling back your driver to a previous version but I doubt that will do anything.

ajd155
26th Aug 2011, 22:40
Hi,
Playing on a GTX 260

Probably not going to be able to handle the more current advanced effects I'm afraid. I wouldn't try to AA anything on a 200 line of those cards for fear of overheating.

Regardless you might need to just play on regular settings or update the card. You can get a decent 500 series for like $130 these days. I know that's not exactly cheap but not exactly expensive either. (Compared to a $50 game that gets used much less than the card.)

I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear and I feel for ya. I wouldn't either but it's the truth.

Akdor 1154
27th Aug 2011, 02:16
Thanks for the replies, but there's absolutely nothing lacking in my card. Performance difference between this and the newest cards is about 30% tops. More empirically, with further testing it turns out setting AA to FXAA high actually allows the game to run (and with almost adequate performance I might add) - problem is, low, medium, and edge settings do not work. Definitely a problem with the game. :(

banedon88
9th Sep 2011, 19:56
... with further testing it turns out setting AA to FXAA high actually allows the game to run (and with almost adequate performance I might add) - problem is, low, medium, and edge settings do not work. Definitely a problem with the game. :(

I can confirm that this fix works as well. Someone needs to take a peek as the game engine a tweak it methinks :).

Fasterkatt
9th Sep 2011, 20:31
What OS and other system specification do you have?

I've been running the game since release on my GTX 260 with zero issues. With my own testing the only effect that can't be maxed out with the card is SSAO (or the use of DirectX 11 effects obviously), even then the visual difference between high and normal is minimal. The game plays perfectly fine with these settings at 1920*1200. Then again my other specs are higher than most:

i7 930
16GB ram
Game is installed to my SSD

Make sure windows is up to date.. and this is a shot in the dark but it's something I've been thinking about after reading all the graphical issues people are having, try grabbing the latest directx end-user runtime from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 it's worth a shot.