PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Human Revolution & OnLive - All Discussion

JamieSI
26th Aug 2011, 10:25
Some more news from Deus Ex Informer :)

The surprise inclusion of an OnLive code for PC Deus Ex: Human Revolution in the US has led to a "flood of people" signing up to the cloud gaming service.

The code is for a free OnLive version of the game which can be played via the MicroConsole for TV or on the PC through a browser. OnLive CEO is chuffed.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/14150/deus-ex-human-revolution-has-flood-of-people-join-onlive

Zorvan
26th Aug 2011, 12:09
And 99% of them will never use Onlive for more than that free game.

The other 1% are morons.

The nice thing is, Gamestop's in hot water because of it, getting caught opening up the games to remove the coupon of their "competitor" Onlive and then selling the games still as "new". Now they've had to send all their copies o the game back to Square-Enix and have to completely refund anyone who bought the PC version with the coupon who asks for a refund.

CoDEllite
26th Aug 2011, 13:35
OnLive seems like it might revolutionize pc gaming by taking out its most frustrating part having to upgrade your computer every 2 years. Tried the free trial sometime ago and its amazing what it can do. I would probably have got the game on OnLive if I didnt preorder my Augmented Edition for 360 months ago.

Reven
26th Aug 2011, 13:41
You only need to upgrade ever 2 years if you buy substandard parts while quality parts will last 5 or more years depending on if the user is an enthusiast or not. But either way Onlive will not spark any kind of revolution in the PC market. why have a revolution when we are having a renaissance ?.

mad825
26th Aug 2011, 13:45
OnLive seems like it might revolutionize pc gaming by taking out its most frustrating part having to upgrade your computer every 2 years. Tried the free trial sometime ago and its amazing what it can do. I would probably have got the game on OnLive if I didnt preorder my Augmented Edition for 360 months ago.

I hope you realise your opinions/answers are almost always on the opposite of the pole to what PC gamers think...Keep that in mind next time you try and speak for PC gamers.

CoDEllite
26th Aug 2011, 13:50
I hope you realise you opinions/answers are almost always on the opposite of the pole to what PC gamers think...Keep that in mind next time you try and speak for PC gamers. Sometimes I try hard to get u guys but its just doesnt make sense. OnLive is finally offering u guys what we console gamers had for years comfort in knowing that u just need to pop the game into your drive (metaphoricly speaking in case of OnLive ofcourse :) ) and it will fire up with no strings attached. U gotta be an idiot not to like that. Or a masochist :nut:

Reven
26th Aug 2011, 13:55
Why would we want to stream it from the net when we can stream it from a hard drive...you know like you do with an Xbox or a PS3 these days ?.

CoDEllite
26th Aug 2011, 14:04
Why would we want to stream it from the net when we can stream it from a hard drive...you know like you do with an Xbox or a PS3 these days ?.

GOD are u that dense :scratch: U think majority of gamers have computers powerful enough to play most multiplat games coming out this year like Deus Ex or Skyrim? U guys must be delusional to think that ur "sweet rig setup" would even account for 10% of gamers. Otherwise u know maybe pc gaming would be like more popular no :) ? At my school I would prob only need fingers on one hand to count all the "hardcore" pc gamers there. And my school has thousands of kids there. With best games coming out multiplat its no wonder most people own 360 these days over $1000 computer.

Just saying for those who dont have 360 or gaming computer, OnLive version would prob be best alternative is what I meant to say. Also looking forward to day when I can play some of your "awesome" pc-only games via OnLive

Reven
26th Aug 2011, 14:15
There are many answers to those questions and many facts you are discounting in your statements and none of them have to do with your original point, that Onlive is what PC gaming needs. i am not saying that PC gaming is fair because it isn't. If people want to game and lack the money to get a ninja killer PC then they should save their money and get a console. but Onlive no matter what it promises isn't ever going to give them the £ 1000 + PC experience.

JCpies
26th Aug 2011, 19:22
GOD are u that dense :scratch: U think majority of gamers have computers powerful enough to play most multiplat games coming out this year like Deus Ex or Skyrim? U guys must be delusional to think that ur "sweet rig setup" would even account for 10% of gamers. Otherwise u know maybe pc gaming would be like more popular no :) ? At my school I would prob only need fingers on one hand to count all the "hardcore" pc gamers there. And my school has thousands of kids there. With best games coming out multiplat its no wonder most people own 360 these days over $1000 computer.

You don't have any logical arguments against PC gaming aside from the fact consoles are easier to set up, sounds like you're too poor or stupid to put a decent PC together. (And don't call me elitist, I don't have a "hardcore rig" and I own a PS3.)

Just saying for those who dont have 360 or gaming computer, OnLive version would prob be best alternative is what I meant to say. Also looking forward to day when I can play some of your "awesome" pc-only games via OnLive

You forgot to mention the PS3; on purpose no doubt.

Oniros
21st Nov 2011, 06:59

Amen man! Unlike many of the spoiled kids or neckbeards that dwell on gaming forums, having a $1000+ gaming rig isn't a possibility if we want to play the PC version; some of us have bills to pay or other people depend on our salary so we can't afford these luxuries.

I gotta say that I was quite hestitant to get the OnLive version at first, but so far I'm loving it. I hope that now Eidos decides to give us the DLC as well as the patches, that way I can %100 say that I made the right choice.

Romeo
21st Nov 2011, 11:06
There are many answers to those questions and many facts you are discounting in your statements and none of them have to do with your original point, that Onlive is what PC gaming needs. i am not saying that PC gaming is fair because it isn't. If people want to game and lack the money to get a ninja killer PC then they should save their money and get a console. but Onlive no matter what it promises isn't ever going to give them the £ 1000 + PC experience.
If the service was successful, there wouldn't be a need for consoles anyways. Those with ultra-powerful PCs could run them from disc/hard drive, and those without could use OnLive. As for the second point, I don't think that's what OnLive is going for. Although graphics whores are becoming increasingly more common, the fact is, the majority of gamers simply want the game to run smooth and play well. So long as the connection holds strong, the service should provide that. Now, whether or not that is what PC gaming needs is up for debate, but PC gaming needs something, as without enough sales, most devellopers are shifting their focus to consoles. If you want your platform to prosper, I think the introduction of another option for those without the income necessary for a top-of-the-line could only help things.

You don't have any logical arguments against PC gaming aside from the fact consoles are easier to set up, sounds like you're too poor or stupid to put a decent PC together. (And don't call me elitist, I don't have a "hardcore rig" and I own a PS3.)

Or he has better things to spend his money on? If someone isn't financially set-up yet, they simply don't deserve to play on the PC - this is effectively your argument, yes? Completely stupid thing to say, and you know it.

jasonpaul
23rd Nov 2011, 22:04
Not sure if any of you saw this, but if you haven't already purchased a game for OnLive, you can purchase your first game for only $1.00 starting today (Nov 23) and running through Monday, Nov 28th. This means you can get Deus Ex HR for only $1.00 as well as other new games such as Saints Row TT and Batman Arkham City.

more info: http://onlivefans.com/news/onlive-thanks-fans-with-free-play-of-homefront-red-faction-armageddon-75-off-sales-1-games/5113/

Too bad I already have games on OnLive, so I can't take them up on this deal.

Solid_1723
23rd Nov 2011, 22:20
This in forum advertising completely ruins my immersion:(

jasonpaul
23rd Nov 2011, 22:24
What do you mean?

Solid_1723
23rd Nov 2011, 22:28
Never mind if you're for real, but you're at least the third person whose first post ever is a promotion for OnLive.;)

MaxxQ1
24th Nov 2011, 07:02
Never mind if you're for real, but you're at least the third person whose first post ever is a promotion for OnLive.;)

Oh... I haven't seen the other two. I just thought it was a not-so-gentle dig at EM for the advertising in DX:HR. Either way, I got a lol out of it.

Romeo
24th Nov 2011, 08:55
Oh... I haven't seen the other two. I just thought it was a not-so-gentle dig at EM for the advertising in DX:HR. Either way, I got a lol out of it.
I thought so too. I also 'lol'ed. =P