PDA

View Full Version : Heart Broken Over Steam + DX HR Experience. NO PREORDER BONUS CONTENT FOUND.

mentalfacility
26th Aug 2011, 08:23
Hi guys,

Had some real annoying trouble with steam lately. Wouldn't care about it much unless it was Deus Ex HR which was my most anticipated game ever.

Basically what happened is this:
1. I have pre ordered the game in May on Steam (Augmented Edition obviously). Which supposedly grants me additional in game content such as some guns and a mission.
2. I have pre loaded the game as soon as preload has become an option.
3. On the realise night at 2pm on 25th of August the steam would refuse to start. It would freeze up on the Log-In screen. I have tried every possible trick to fix it, and it didn't work.
4. I have reinstalled steam, which bizzarly deleted all my local content (over 150gb of games FML!)
5. Once I managed to get it working again, it has redownloaded deus ex (wasting almost 10gb of my traffic).
6. The version it has downloaded has NO BONUS CONTENT. (I have deleted save games and replayed the game 2 Sarif Manufacturing Plant a number of times. No additional weapons were in my inventory.

At the moment I have submitted a very angry email to steam support team and I'm waiting for their reply.

Below is the copy of angus email:

"Hi,

I've been trying to play Deus Ex HR and just wanted to share with you guys how ****ty Steam Powered experience can sometimes be. This is the first time I've ever been driven mad enough to submit you a ticket.

First of all I have preloaded the game weeks ago, but the pre-load would never run on realise date (25th Aug), the crappy steam app would just always freeze on the log-in screen. I've tried everything (different internet connection, taking the pc to a different house with different internet, repairing through official installer, rebooting pc at least a million times etc.) but it would just always sit there non-responsive on the night of Deus ex realise. Lame.

I had to reinstall the app to make it log in, but the crappy steam erased all the local content on my pc (about 150gb) of games. You guys might want to give it an option during reinstall\repaid so sane people can choose to keep already downloaded local content. The person who made steam delete all steamapp data on reinstall should be shot in the head 3 times. I don't feel like downloading, or even rechecking 150gb of local content every time steam decides to go down.

Luckily most of the games were backed up, but not the deus ex.
I had to re download another 10gb wasting my limited traffic data (which brought me to the limit and I'm now on dial up speed thanks to this), only to find the game doesn't have the preload bonus items in augmented edition that I paid for in MAY.

Your steam software crapped out big time, it could't have been any other game, but not deus ex that i've waited for so long. Second day that I've got the game and still can't play it properly. Buying this game from steam instead of retail was just such a massive mistake. Couldn't you just give out some sort of activation key for extra content like you typically do? And what's up with the name of the game in the list, it just says Deus Ex Human Revolution, there is no way to tell without completing 2 first levels if the version has bonus weapons or not. (Which in my case it doesn't and it should).

To cut the long story short I want my in-game bonus items AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If this is not going to be sorted soon, it is unlikely I will buy games using steam any more. Similar situation happened before when I was forced to let steam recheck Half Life 2 data on realise day, at 1.2kb\second due to overloaded NZ servers. Took it good 4 days before the game became available. Same thing happened with Fallout 3 and L4D2. "

I know it might not be a big deal to you, but for me having no extras for the game I've waited for more then anything
is extremely lame. Is there anything you can suggest me do?

tZer
26th Aug 2011, 09:01
Steam pre-order bonus doesn't give Deus Ex items, only TF2 hats.

jaywalker2309
26th Aug 2011, 09:09
I'd chase with Steam against what you purchased, against what you thought you were purchasing.. as tZer says the Steam pre-order `bonus` was the TF2 stuff.

FYI, The bonus `disc` content material for Steam purchases appears in the `Tools` section of the client.

mentalfacility
26th Aug 2011, 09:28
I'd chase with Steam against what you purchased, against what you thought you were purchasing.. as tZer says the Steam pre-order `bonus` was the TF2 stuff.

FYI, The bonus `disc` content material for Steam purchases appears in the `Tools` section of the client.

Thanks for replying.

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution_Preorder_Packs

Im from NZ so we get the Australian version of Augmented Edition which at very list should include the additional mission. I'm still waiting for the reply from steam.

If we can take one thing out of this is that these bonus packs are set up in a rather confusing way. I clearly remember that when I pre ordered the game on steam in May there were guns offered too. Now the store page has changed.

jaywalker2309
26th Aug 2011, 09:33
Thanks for replying.

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution_Preorder_Packs

Im from NZ so we get the Australian version of Augmented Edition which at very list should include the additional mission. I'm still waiting for the reply from steam.

If we can take one thing out of this is that these bonus packs are set up in a rather confusing way. I clearly remember that when I pre ordered the game on steam in May there were guns offered too. Now the store page has changed.

Good luck

Did you look in the tools section of your client?

mentalfacility
26th Aug 2011, 13:30
Good luck

Did you look in the tools section of your client?

Yes, I've done that during game preloading.

I guess Ill just play the game as it is right now, its way too awesome to wait any more.