PDA

View Full Version : CANNNOT get Tai yong employee ID card!!!

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 05:07
Im at the part in Hengsha where you need to get a employee card from a man in one of the rooms with a prostitute. I took out the guy earlier in the game and now the card spawned under a glass table and I am unable to reach it at all, I've tried everything!!!!!!!!!!:mad2::mad2::mad2:

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 06:14
its looks like the card is stuck in the geometry of the glass table even though it is underneath it. PLEASE HELP I DONT WANT TO SPEND 12 HOURS OR MORE DOING IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!https://plus.google.com/photos/111125756392640102289/albums/5645044003919252465

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 06:46
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS ITS A GAME BREAKING BUG!!!!!!! NO CLIP SHOULD BE AN OPTION!

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 07:01
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIS ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 17:15
Okay is there any kind of Moderator out the to help me with this issue, its a major game breaking bug and needs to be fixed.

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 18:16
Ok i was in the brothel in Hengsha when I first got there and noticed a guy in a room with a prostitute. I went in a he fired at me so I knocked him out. After doing almost all the missions before you have to go to Tai Yong you must grab an ID card from the guys body. Well when I went to go into the room the card was already dropped and it was spawned under a glass table at the foot of the bed. I tried to reach it and it is unreachable with any means possible. I cannot get any farther in the game and this is a major game breaking bug! Is there a no-clip mode or another way to get the card from someone????? ive posted several times on the Eidos forums and nobody is answering my question. Thanks.

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 18:30
I've tried shooting at it, blowing it up, knocking things into it amd no luck. It seems that the card is actually stuck into the geometry of the glass table.

Hectick
26th Aug 2011, 19:16
It should be on top of the table at the end of the bed I believe. If it ain't, then its bugged. Only way to fix it is to go back a save or start over again.

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 19:21
yeah it spawned UNDER the table at the end of the bed, I dont have any earlier saves. FML!

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 19:43
I also tried moving his unconscious body into the street to see if he would be woken up, but no luck. It didnt move the card either!

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 20:24
Im gonna keep on bumping this until someone from Eidos sees this so that it doesnt get burried. This is a MAJOR bug and needs to be fixed!

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 20:27
Ok here is what it looks like

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/2011082500005.jpg/

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 22:01
bump

Periodik
26th Aug 2011, 22:10
Jesus christ, do something else meanwhile.. 16 msg in one day. Do this and mod or everyone else gonna ignore you.

BallisticMT
26th Aug 2011, 22:22
sorry my names not JC denton, btw im just making sure they see it and can fix it. Im home sick and want to play the game badly. I just cant get past this part.

ReliantLion
27th Aug 2011, 02:36
Try going to a different loading area, come back, and look on the balcony outside.

Patriot
27th Aug 2011, 05:26
I have the same issue! For anyone reading this, do NOT go into that room right away, wait until you have to for the quest.. this is VERY. VERY. annoying. I have now basically wasted 5 hours..

Nokturnalex
27th Aug 2011, 09:57
lol I just posted the same bug, this is total BS. Did they test this game at all? These are some pretty major bugs. Or was it tested and they just went forward with it anyway. I got the bug where the Cloak and Dagger quest completely breaks too. (Gang member you have to kill/knockout teleports off the map)

thatfool
27th Aug 2011, 10:20
I entered the room from the balcony and the guy never noticed me. I was able to pick up the card no problem, long before getting the main quest where I needed it, and it was on top of the table for me, not below. Maybe taking out the guy messes it up?

blasianninja
29th Aug 2011, 12:44
i have this too. so pissed off right now

emppill
1st Sep 2011, 19:11
Well I guess eidos isnt gonna fix this. Well I know what game I wont recomend or play ever agian.

Fluffis
1st Sep 2011, 19:18
I entered the room from the balcony and the guy never noticed me. I was able to pick up the card no problem, long before getting the main quest where I needed it, and it was on top of the table for me, not below. Maybe taking out the guy messes it up?

It's possible. I did it the same way you did, during the mission, and got the card without any problems.

And to the OP: use all save-slots. That's what they're there for.

Whalecore
1st Sep 2011, 21:07
Same here. I didn't enter the room before the mission, but when I did the guy took out his gun and I panicked and knocked him out, it might have caused the security card getting all glitchy. Went to do side-missions, walked around different zones, tried throwing the guy out the window etc, no luck.

This really needs to get fixed, I don't want to start the game all over again, I was really enjoying it until this happened.

PC version here by the way

malrats
2nd Sep 2011, 08:33
also experiencing this game breaking issue. and while I do keep multiple saves, none of them are of use since I knocked out the guy who causes this glitch as soon as I arrived in shanghai, and that was many many hours ago. even when I revert to that save, he's already knocked out. the next save before that is 4-5 hours back in detroit.

has there even been any acknowledgement on this issue and that it's being worked on? I was really, really enjoying this game and playing constantly and now, well, my opinion has changed entirely.

and this is on the 360 version.

malrats
2nd Sep 2011, 08:50
I still can't believe this happened. can a mod or whoever takes care of business around here PLEASE respond to this issue? I've seriously been playing this game nonstop and loving it to death, I can't even begin to explain the frustration and anguish that's overcome me now knowing that I may never even be able to complete this game after I've invested hours upon hours of my life into playing it.

please please please fix this.

BallisticMT
3rd Sep 2011, 02:41
I was playing pc version, hope this isnt Deus Ex: take the money and run

DeepSojourn
4th Sep 2011, 00:11
**BLOCKER**

I am also experiencing this issue on the PS3. Like others have said, I went into this building almost immediately after arriving in China (the two working girls on the roof were a misleading breadcrumb). I knocked the security guard in the room out, explored the area fully, did all the side quests, main quests, and then wound up back here.

When I originally knocked the security guard out, the card was already under the table, and it was also highlighted as though it could be looted, even though I had not progressed to the appropriate quest step at the time.

Currently, with this quest step active, the security card still appears to be under the table, while the map-homing-HUD thingamabopper clearly has its "X" for the object placed on the top of the table. There is no way to loot the card, and this is therefore a gamebreaking bug.

Do you guys plan to do weekly patches? Every other week? Thanks.

LordWeasel
4th Sep 2011, 00:51
I haven't gotten to this point yet, is there anything specific I should be on the lookout for to avoid this bug, with as little spoilers as possible? I have a tendency to knock people out left and right, so this sounds like a bug I am likely to encounter :\

DeepSojourn
4th Sep 2011, 02:12
@LordWeasel

Yes, and I also have a confirmed workaround. Go into the room in question via the balcony, by exiting Mei's room out the back and jumping two rooms to the right. The door into the room from the balcony is unlocked. When I did this, the card was *on* the table and could be looted. Just duck down, slip in without alerting the two people in bathroom, snag the card and get out. [SPOILER SENTENCE AHEAD] Interestingly, this initiates a conversation blurb with Malik where Jensen says that the card might come in handy in the future.

If you hack the front door, you run a greater risk of alerting the people in the bathroom (which is right next to the front door), at which point the card can drop under the table for some ungodly reason.

Please note that if you've already gotten past this point, you'll have to reload a previous save (as I did) and be very careful about this room.

LordWeasel
4th Sep 2011, 02:27
@LordWeasel

Yes, and I also have a confirmed workaround. Go into the room in question via the balcony, by exiting Mei's room out the back and jumping two rooms to the right. The door into the room from the balcony is unlocked. When I did this, the card was *on* the table and could be looted. Just duck down, slip in without alerting the two people in bathroom, snag the card and get out. [SPOILER SENTENCE AHEAD] Interestingly, this initiates a conversation blurb with Malik where Jensen says that the card might come in handy in the future.

If you hack the front door, you run a greater risk of alerting the people in the bathroom (which is right next to the front door), at which point the card can drop under the table for some ungodly reason.

Please note that if you've already gotten past this point, you'll have to reload a previous save (as I did) and be very careful about this room.

Allright, I'll keep that in mind, thanks :)

Has anybody tried the Debug Menu mod btw? Haven't tested it myself, but it's supposed to be able to spawn items (at least weapons and upgrades, but hopefully quest items as well) and may even have some kind of noclip. As I said, I haven't testet it myself, so I don't know, but must be worth a try.

Linkie: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121245

Zoopster
4th Sep 2011, 04:04
Yeah I am getting the same bug on the PC version as well. I knocked out the guard in that room before I even saw a card on the table, after hacking the door to the room (I didn't try entering from the balcony).

The card is already glitched, I can't pick it up. This is a gamebreaker, since that card is used on the main storyline. Is there any kind of workaround, patch, or cheat code to circumvent this problem that DOESN'T involve reloading an hours-old savegame??

SemieE
4th Sep 2011, 06:29
I have the exact same problem on the PS3. I have multiple saves but I knocked this guy out very early on. I would also like to avoid losing 3 or 4 hours of gameplay as my last save is in Detroit.

iTulen
4th Sep 2011, 09:19
Please, please, pretty please, say something about this problem. Don't want to play all Hengsha from the beginnig.
Please, find a way to fix this.

luigi501
6th Sep 2011, 10:43
anybody report this bug to the developpers ?
I can't continue the mission because i have the same problem...

LordWeasel
6th Sep 2011, 14:23
No need for balcony jumping. I just entered front door and stealthed right up to the table and picked it up without alerting the people in the bathroom. No stealth augs.