PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: HR Save files.

Varasalvi
26th Aug 2011, 01:23
Hi.
Let me start off my saying that i pre-ordered the limited edition. 4 hours before the game unlocked on Steam a crack for the game appeared on torrents sites. So i quickly downloaded the game and crack. I believe it was ALI213 who released the game.
Anyway. Because i couldn´t resist playing the game 4 hours early i now have save files that i thought would work perfectly if copied to the "legal version" of the game but they don´t.
Does anyone know why save files from the "Pirated version" don´t work with the "legal version"? More importantly, how can you fix this?

I realize this is a unique situation and i welcome any input.

But please don´t be negative about the fact i played a pirated version. I bought the game so i´d say i have every right. :)

Jerion
26th Aug 2011, 01:34
Hi.
Let me start off my saying that i pre-ordered the limited edition. 4 hours before the game unlocked on Steam a crack for the game appeared on torrents sites. So i quickly downloaded the game and crack. I believe it was ALI213 who released the game.
Anyway. Because i couldn´t resist playing the game 4 hours early i now have save files that i thought would work perfectly if copied to the "legal version" of the game but they don´t.
Does anyone know why save files from the "Pirated version" don´t work with the "legal version"? More importantly, how can you fix this?

I realize this is a unique situation and i welcome any input.

But please don´t be negative about the fact i played a pirated version. I bought the game so i´d say i have every right. :)

To transfer your save file data, move the legitimate copy along to the point where the game data matches up. Then keep playing. ;)

Facetiousness aside, discussions of pirated games aren't allowed on this forum, even ones that are relatively benign. Closed.