PDA

View Full Version : Game does not start in DX11

gjvah
26th Aug 2011, 00:10
Hello everyone, first of all, i would like to thank the devs for the great game and support thus far. It is apparent that they do in fact read the forums and try their best to help us. Not too common in the PC world. Anyways. I've been trying to get the game running smoothly for quite some time now. I have the steam version with the latest patch (8/25/11) and all my drivers are up to date. I have Vsync and triple buffering disabled from the in game menu and forced through D3D. I have tried combinations with all the possible settings and this works best so far.

Now, my main issue is, I can't get the game to start on DX11. Screen goes black, and kicks me out. In DX9(10) I have managed to make it somewhat playable by disabling my paging file and setting the pre-rendered frames to 0.

I've heard people defeating the stuttering problem by running the game in DX11, so that's what I need help with. If anyone with a similar system has had some luck with this, please share. I just want to play the game and do some side quests until an official patch is out.

Here's my specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.8 (I tried running at stock clock as well, no difference).
ATI 6970 2GB DDR5 (stock clock)
8GB DDR3 Ram
Win 7 Professional 64bit, latest DirectX and C packages.
Resolution 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.

I have no problems running any other game, including previous Eidos games. (Just Cause 2, Batman, Kane and Lynch 2).

Thanks for the help in advance. :thumb:

Hectick
26th Aug 2011, 01:42
DX11 helps with stuttering but it doesn't completely fix it. I still get a bit of stuttering on DX11 and I run dual GTX 580s so its not a lack of power.

This might sound stupid but have you tried running the game in windowed mode? It probably won't do anything but its worth a shot. You can find out how to run the windowed mode here. http://projectleet.com/?p=163 Its not as complicated as it looks.

gjvah
26th Aug 2011, 01:51
Just tried it. No effect. :( Thanks for the suggestion tho.

gjvah
26th Aug 2011, 07:02
Finally got it to start by creating a new user. What's the difference between the two users tho? Why can't I play with my own account?

gjvah
26th Aug 2011, 07:11
UPDATE: My issue was ATI Tray tools. I compared what programs were running on both profiles and started turning off one by one to see what was causing the issue. It was tray tools in my case. Game runs without skipping a beat now. Butter smooth doesn't even start to describe it.

jaywalker2309
26th Aug 2011, 07:27
Thanks for getting back to us.. Yeh the idea of trying another user on windows is useful as it removes a lot of programs people dont realise they've got running etc, obviously not all of them, but still in your case it helped

ATI Tray tools? interesting.. this is the 3rd party app isnt it?

gjvah
26th Aug 2011, 08:06
Thanks for getting back to us.. Yeh the idea of trying another user on windows is useful as it removes a lot of programs people dont realise they've got running etc, obviously not all of them, but still in your case it helped

ATI Tray tools? interesting.. this is the 3rd party app isnt it?

Yes it is, a lot of people with Ati cards have it. It enables game profiles for different games triggered by the game.exe It's a neat tool. Game runs beautifully now, absolutely everything maxed out, rock solid 60 :thumb:

You guys did a great job.

jaywalker2309
26th Aug 2011, 09:11
Am sure if its a 3rd party company who make it, ie not made by AMD, they'll soon get round to fixing it for DXHR :)

ThatAwesomeDude
26th Aug 2011, 09:36
I'm having the same problem but my graphics card is older (ATI Radeon HD 3870), my game just runs in Directx 9 and works fine, and making a new user doesn't work. :mad2:

Although, I have to agree, fantastic job on the game despite this problem.

jaywalker2309
26th Aug 2011, 09:47
I'm having the same problem but my graphics card is older (ATI Radeon HD 3870), my game just runs in Directx 9 and works fine, and making a new user doesn't work. :mad2:

Although, I have to agree, fantastic job on the game despite this problem.

same problem? this thread is about not being able to select DirectX11, you wont be able to on a card that doesnt support DirectX11 :)

ThatAwesomeDude
26th Aug 2011, 09:55
I've got it installed, does that still mean it wont run anything in Directx 11?

jaywalker2309
26th Aug 2011, 10:02
I've got it installed, does that still mean it wont run anything in Directx 11?

Correct. your hardware is not DX11 compliant therefore you will only be able to run via the non DX11 option..

ThatAwesomeDude
26th Aug 2011, 10:06
...Time for video card upgrade then. :)

jaywalker2309
26th Aug 2011, 10:23
...Time for video card upgrade then. :)

Hopefully your case/psu and motherboard can take it ;) these new cards are beasts for their requirements :)