PDA

View Full Version : XBOX360 Audio issues

dankberry
26th Aug 2011, 00:01
Is anyone else experiencing a popping or crackling noise in the game audio? I can hear it lightly with the music, but it becomes very distracting and loud in dialog. It's hard to stay immersed in the game like this.

imported_metal_dawn
26th Aug 2011, 04:45
Is anyone else experiencing a popping or crackling noise in the game audio? I can hear it lightly with the music, but it becomes very distracting and loud in dialog. It's hard to stay immersed in the game like this.

I'm playing the 360 version and have not encountered anything like this. What sort of setup are you connected to for audio? Is the audio coming through your TV or surround? Are you connected to surround via optical cable or rca? There are a lot of other factors that could be contributing to the issue which are not directly connected with the game.

shotdown85
26th Aug 2011, 11:46
Unfortunately i too am having the same problem, also on the 360.

Played for a couple of hours and all was fine but once i came back from the first big main mission the audio started popping and crackling. Can slightly hear it in background music but really affects characters talking, it comes on very loud and is unmissable.

I have tried playing with both Surround Sound and just the TV speakers, problem still happens. I have also ran the game installed and none installed, once again the audio popping & crackling no matter what.

Obviously it doesn't affect the game gameplay wise but it really breaks immersion.

Others have had the problem here - http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deus-ex-human-revolution/show_msgs.php?pid=944089&topic_id=m-1-60118923

NalleDer
27th Aug 2011, 13:14
I'm having the same issue on the 360, and while it technically doesn't make the game unplayable, it definitely isn't enjoyable.

It is most certainly an issue exclusively with Deus Ex, as no other games on my system exhibits these issues, and as such, it has nothing to do with any specific cable and speaker setup (and really, with a single hdmi cable, what is there to tinker with?).

The only external factor I believe can have an effect is the hardware revision of the 360 itself, but even so, a fix can only be forthcoming via a software patch for the game. Given that I haven't been able to find any acknowledgement of the issue anywhere, this is likely a long way off, but I have submitted a support ticket nonetheless.

Guess the lesson is just to stay away from games on (premature) release dates, and wait for the developers to finish their buggy software through a few patches. That, or just stay away all together.

PlatikuS
27th Aug 2011, 22:34
I have same problem also..and actually it started so new. It was okey 10 hours ago but now it started auido crackling..on the streets at some talks.. Cut scenes looks okey but i can hear them when i walk at streets. and yes on Xbox 360. and my speakers are okey . I tested other games and they are fine.. Help us Eıdos..patch it..

NalleDer
29th Aug 2011, 07:56
I have discovered a "solution" that worked for me, might work for other users as well.

I have outlined what I did below, don't know if all the steps are necessary, but might as well do them all to be sure.

1. Go to console settings from the dashboard
2. Change sound output to something different (I changed from digital stereo to Dolby Digital)
3. Boot up Deus Ex and load a saved game (At this point the crackling noises have disappeared on my system)
4. Exit to dashboard and reset your sound output to the previous setting, assuming it was correct to begin with :D
5. Boot up and play!

The game still kicks out the occasional pop or crackle, but it's very infrequent and not enough to bother me.

The above procedure being necessary still indicate that this is something that the developers should look into, perhaps in conjunction with Microsoft.