PDA

View Full Version : Stupid DLC items all over the place !!

Lirezh
25th Aug 2011, 23:01
Who else hates the cheatlike item "automatic unlocking device" ?
I activated the DLC on my DX because I wanted the extra mission but now I stumble upon that damn item all the time.
It's hidden in stashes, behind boxes, can be bought etc etc.

Basically this device unlocks anything you want (one time per device), no matter which security level.
It's simply a cheat and I really don't understand why such a cheat has to be made so frequently available !

It would have been ok if that think can be bought for a higher price (so people can easily ignore it).
But putting it on hidden places so you find one every few hours just sucks imho.

RWFoss
25th Aug 2011, 23:05
Don't use it or sell it for the cash...since I'm a full on hacker pretty useless to me.

ishiki
25th Aug 2011, 23:07
essentially... I think they should have put it in the game. Only balanced.

They're like multitools (which I thought should have been in the game).

However, I agree... it's a bit annoying so I just sell them. I do think it would be nice to turn the extra weapons bought off. As I bought it for just the mission as well. However... it's not a big deal to me.through it.

Black-Xero
25th Aug 2011, 23:07
The more the merrier. It saves time from hacking which is always a good thing.

Cronstintein
25th Aug 2011, 23:18
I think it's lame how they chopped items out of the main game and put them in as DLC.

Specifically in this case: they should be available for purchase at expensive rates ($1000) so you can have a non-hacker character. Having them not in the game at all unless you bought the dlc is lame.

AlexOfSpades
25th Aug 2011, 23:24
I think it's lame how they chopped items out of the main game and put them in as DLC.

Specifically in this case: they should be available for purchase at expensive rates ($1000) so you can have a non-hacker character. Having them not in the game at all unless you bought the dlc is lame.

My thoughts exactly.

Oh well, the industry has _____

Lirezh
26th Aug 2011, 00:08
Sure, they could have been in the game balanced but like this it feels like a cheat offered all the time.

The 10,000 Credits DLC is the worst. That's actually a big reason NOT to buy the augmented edition in my eyes.
10,000 Credits are 2 praxis kits!

We've never asked for this :(

Topaze
26th Aug 2011, 00:28
It certainly doesn't sound right. Maybe they can fix the AUD in a patch. Also, those who invest heavily in hacking can simply ignore it. Speaking of which, is the amount of XP you get when using AUDs the same as the one you get by hacking?

On the other hand, this extra money does add a bit of realism. I mean, head of security at Sarif Industries is not exactly supposed to be dead broke at the start of the game. :)

Cronstintein
26th Aug 2011, 00:54
Well I never had money-trouble all game, so the 10k would probably just end up sitting there. But it would have been cool to have those unique weapons hidden in cool stashes instead of a RL purchase :/

As to the auto-unlocker itself, I actually don't have a problem with it. As long as you're paying for them (and not finding them on every shelf) then it just offers another path (and needed cash-sink) IMO.

thanos
26th Aug 2011, 01:01
1. will take ten k of creds or two praxis kits.

2. Consider this,or think of it this way,not everyone will go the hacker route.
I did more or less,and ended up with a bunch of them,but I did have to use them at times too.

3.From one point of view, there simplely are some hacks that are going to be so hard you simplely cant do them at current levels.

BigBoss
26th Aug 2011, 05:20
Are you people seriously complaining about an optional dlc code?????? lol

Shinnflowen
26th Aug 2011, 05:25
If you find them cheap DON"T use them or your augmentations because you sir complain way too much. The AUD is really useful for taking out those pesky level 4-5 locks or when your in a pinch and can't hack.

VectorM
26th Aug 2011, 05:37
Um, this is NOT an exlusive DLC item. The DLC only gives it to you at the start. And how the hell is it a cheat? It's another resourse that you need to manage and it gives you options, when you don't have hacking upgraded. And they cost like 250 credits, that's a lot if you don't have the 10 000 credit bonus.

Lirezh
26th Aug 2011, 08:02
Um, this is NOT an exlusive DLC item. The DLC only gives it to you at the start. And how the hell is it a cheat? It's another resourse that you need to manage and it gives you options, when you don't have hacking upgraded. And they cost like 250 credits, that's a lot if you don't have the 10 000 credit bonus.

a) the info of the device clearly states "EXCLUSIVE PREORDER BONUS ONLY"
So where do you have your "facts" from ?

b) 250 is like nothing, have you even played the game ?
Shoot 2-3 guards (from hundreds) and you've 250 credits ..
Search a few desks and you can buy a few of those devices if you like to cheat.

VectorM
26th Aug 2011, 08:26
The wiki states, that the preorder only gives one at the start (in your apartment, i think). Every other one you find is supposed to be there without the DLC. Ask anyone, who doesn't have the preorder, perhaps?

And again, you have to find them and be careful about using them. They cost a lot for a single use item and vendors have only 2 or 3 of them. Calling it a cheat is just silly.

ocstew
26th Aug 2011, 08:33
The OP is such an idiot. It's not only for DLC, they're scattered around the game. Not to mention AUDs are made rare because they allow non hacker types to occasionally get past an area they'd have no chance of getting into.

VectorM
26th Aug 2011, 09:21
And it turns out that they cost 300, not 250.

Lirezh
26th Aug 2011, 09:37
Someone with normal DX edition can confirm that the AUD is a normal item ?

I doubt that the word of a guy like ocstew is worth more than chewinggum, at least his methods to express himself are very basic.

Hiro ZA
26th Aug 2011, 10:05
you guys are lucky that you can even SEE your DLC :-( I am having some issues and was hoping some one could advise ?

Please take a look and advise
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=120237

EnderWiggin
26th Aug 2011, 10:52
I have normal edition and haven't seen AUD's.

miraa
26th Aug 2011, 11:49
I played a non-hacking game and really could have used something like that. It seems like 50% of the sidequests aren't able to be completed without hacking augs. Too bad.

Also, yeah, there's no unlocking devices in a non-DLC game.

ⓣⓐⓕⓕⓔⓡ
26th Aug 2011, 12:02
Who else hates the cheatlike item "automatic unlocking device" ?
I activated the DLC on my DX because I wanted the extra mission but now I stumble upon that damn item all the time.
It's hidden in stashes, behind boxes, can be bought etc etc.

Basically this device unlocks anything you want (one time per device), no matter which security level.
It's simply a cheat and I really don't understand why such a cheat has to be made so frequently available !

It would have been ok if that think can be bought for a higher price (so people can easily ignore it).
But putting it on hidden places so you find one every few hours just sucks imho.

They paid extra money for it so it's dumb to complain about it.

VectorM
26th Aug 2011, 12:26
Yeah, I can't find any either. Still don't see how it's a cheat in any way, though.

ocstew
26th Aug 2011, 12:45
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Automatic_Unlocking_Device

You guys just aren't looking hard enough. There are plenty for sale at that petrol station vendor, not to mention loads in the lockers. Think about it, why would they leave such a big gameplay mechanic only for DLC?

ocstew
26th Aug 2011, 12:47
Oh and you sound like a whiny baby too OP. Did you ever happen to think of people who like to unlock level 5 locks without upgrading their hacking? Or do you think everyone should be penalized because you think this game is way too easy? Simply don't use them and stop whining, you don't have to ruin other people's playstyles.

BlackFox
26th Aug 2011, 12:52
They are damn useful if you want to save points on hacking skills, have found some great "extras" due to their usefulness. If you dont like them then just dont use them, simples.

JCpies
26th Aug 2011, 12:57
Quick question about the DLC, what happens if you activate it after you've started a game? Will you have to start a new game to receive the items?

Locutus of BORG
26th Aug 2011, 14:15
My Jensen will be like me - a computer-illiterate prole - the unlocking device will be critical!

Lirezh
26th Aug 2011, 15:37
I have checked ingame again, the unlocking device is clearly shown as preorder only cheat and not as a regular item.

RKB287
26th Aug 2011, 16:04
Is the AUD suposed to appear in loot after the the the Milwaukee plant mission, or during it?Because I redeemed the code before even starting the game for the first time, then when I started the game I was told that I had acess to the pre-order items, but haven´t saw the AUD. Isn´t the AUD in inventory, or am I being too much of a "noob" and looking in the wrong place?

And on a side note, this game is incredible.

cqc_batman
26th Aug 2011, 16:41
Don't use it or sell it for the cash...since I'm a full on hacker pretty useless to me.

What this quote says.:thumb:

thiswontlast
26th Aug 2011, 18:04
The main reason for my explosive dlc is the AUD. It is very useful in the beginning of the game for me.

diabolik686
7th Sep 2011, 14:46
can anyone with the explosive dlc tell me where I can find just one aud in hengsha????? ant not counting the 4 available from the merchant. my game depends on you!!!!!!!!!!!

sonicsidewinder
7th Sep 2011, 15:06
Woah, wait a second..

AUD's are in game normally? Even without the preorder dlc? Are the guns there too?

Locutus of BORG
7th Sep 2011, 15:19
can anyone with the explosive dlc tell me where I can find just one aud in hengsha????? ant not counting the 4 available from the merchant. my game depends on you!!!!!!!!!!!

Look around in the sewers and stuff. Come the 2nd Hengsha visit, they are everywhere.

ecto69
7th Sep 2011, 15:31
I did find a stack of them somewhere, I do have the Aug edition as a pre-order so they are part of the code I got from Gamestop.

They come in handy for other reasons as well
"Another bonus is that AUDs are impossible to throw except in the presence of a valid target, meaning selecting them can be used as a safeguard against accidentally throwing a grenade. " and killing yourself haha or the weapon dealer .

They also scare the locals (I used it at the Hive, and the people sitting at the VIP booth started screaming and hiding)

diabolik686
7th Sep 2011, 15:33
yah I have heard that second visit there is alot of them but if I leave it undone now on my first and go to the tai young medical building then I will lose the shanghai justice quest. I need an aud so I can finish the last stage of this quest and proceed with the story.

neuronek
7th Sep 2011, 15:36
Sure, they could have been in the game balanced but like this it feels like a cheat offered all the time.

The 10,000 Credits DLC is the worst. That's actually a big reason NOT to buy the augmented edition in my eyes.
10,000 Credits are 2 praxis kits!

We've never asked for this :(

Riight, I've never finished first time in Detroit without having around 30-40 thousand credits. The game is just giving out cash too eagerly.

imported_BoB_
7th Sep 2011, 15:37
You only have 9999 possibilities :D (it's not 0001 to 0009, I can tell you that, after trying those, I gave up ^^)

MonkeyLungs
7th Sep 2011, 16:13
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Automatic_Unlocking_Device

You guys just aren't looking hard enough. There are plenty for sale at that petrol station vendor, not to mention loads in the lockers. Think about it, why would they leave such a big gameplay mechanic only for DLC?

LOL they ARE only for folks that have that DLC. I pre-ordered from amazon so I don't have them in my game.

Why would they leave them just for DLC? Because marketing people suck and the new trend of splitting up content between retailers is a bane on gaming and the publishers love to torment their customers because they have no honor.

MonkeyLungs
7th Sep 2011, 16:14
Woah, wait a second..

AUD's are in game normally? Even without the preorder dlc? Are the guns there too?

No they are not. At least not on console.