PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Guns

RWFoss
25th Aug 2011, 22:52
So sound off people, a lot of really cool weapons out there, what are some of the favorites?

I'm having a hard time deciding but since my first playthrough is more an RPG experience he's going with 10mm, revolver and stun gun...realistically those are the easiest for him to hide under his coat and they cover most scenarios.

If he's in it deep he'll grab whatever is at hand if needed.

...and has anyone come across a gun that they just plain hate?

MaceUk
25th Aug 2011, 23:10
From the leaked version I really liked the look of the revolver and it packs a real punch too.

PlasmaSnake101
25th Aug 2011, 23:13
So sound off people, a lot of really cool weapons out there, what are some of the favorites?

I'm having a hard time deciding but since my first playthrough is more an RPG experience he's going with 10mm, revolver and stun gun...realistically those are the easiest for him to hide under his coat and they cover most scenarios.

If he's in it deep he'll grab whatever is at hand if needed.

...and has anyone come across a gun that they just plain hate?

The Pistol with the silencer and armor piercing upgrade, the one that ignores armor bonuses. Play stealthy and it's all you need. I carry the Sniper Rifle and Tranquilizer rifle, but I don't really bother with them, maybe only 5% of the time now. Used the tranquilizer rifle all the time in the beginning.

I hate the combat rifle, the damn thing is useless. The mods on my pistol ensure a kill with a head shot so why bother with that thing. I'll stick to using the sniper rifle at mid range to inflict a large amount of damage on bosses.

Anyone who uses any other weapon is wrong and should play another game. Joking aside, I'll trade that pistol away for a stun gun on a non-lethal run. But is the stun gun ranged? Logic and experience would otherwise say no.

Jerion
25th Aug 2011, 23:17
The Pistol with the silencer and armor piercing upgrade, the one that ignores armor bonuses. Play stealthy and it's all you need. I carry the Sniper Rifle and Tranquilizer rifle, but I don't really bother with them, maybe only 5% of the time now. Used the tranquilizer rifle all the time in the beginning.

I hate the combat rifle, the damn thing is useless. The mods on my pistol ensure a kill with a head shot so why bother with that thing. I'll stick to using the sniper rifle at mid range to inflict a large amount of damage on bosses.

Anyone who uses any other weapon is wrong and should play another game. Joking aside, I'll trade that pistol away for a stun gun on a non-lethal run. But is the stun gun ranged? Logic and experience would otherwise say no.

The Pistol and CR are both really fun weapons, though both need to be modded up to be really useful IMO. Tranq rifle is fantastic for causing distractions. I didn't do much with the Crossbow or Sniper though...maybe I'll save those for playthrouguh #2!

killerp
26th Aug 2011, 00:14
Revolver packs a massive punch & the tranquilizer rifle is a lot of fun to use from a distance.

redial
26th Aug 2011, 00:19
Revolver so far is my fav. Tho I'm switching to silenced pistol and silenced sniper if possible.
I'm assuming the revolver cannot be silenced

Montag
26th Aug 2011, 00:58
Stun gun with tranquil riflle. Have a fully modded pistol with laser, clip, fire rate and silencer. Been collecting ammo for this, but keeping for only boss fights so haven't used it yet.

Have to say I am doing non- lethal on first run through. Have had 3 awesome non-gunplay solutions so far!!! Including Barrett... Who wah

thanos
26th Aug 2011, 01:04
Crossbow and revolver.

Supposedly there was supposed ot be two snipers,not counting the tranq ,i only used one.

Cronstintein
26th Aug 2011, 03:29
I used the tranq quite a bit on my first playthrough.
The crossbow looks cool but I only ever found a few bolts for it so barely used it.
The stun gun was surprisingly awesome for close range engagements, especially blindfired as someone's coming up on your corner.

I guess I'll be the first one to say a fully suited out combat rifle is pretty bad ass, I liked it anyway. Until helmets became standard issue, then headshots became a problem...

Vasarto
26th Aug 2011, 03:31
Shotgun is my favorite. Than th peeps. Than the machine gun with laser sight.

eastcoasthandle
26th Aug 2011, 03:33
The tranq rifle is nice to have but it does nothing against full armor soldiers. That's why I like the stun gun.

ecto69
26th Aug 2011, 03:35
I am starting to like the 10mm, and the combat rifle with laser sight is not bad. I just need to get better at FPS games. Did not like the tranq rifle so I just started new game and switched to Combat Rifle.