PDA

View Full Version : YouTube vs Deus Ex:HR

OliPicard
25th Aug 2011, 16:38
I have a Question, After full retail release will we be able to record Deus Ex:HR gameplay/commentry/reviews without getting DMCAs or takedowns?

I really love this game and want to ensure i dont make you guys angry in the process of trying to promote such an awesome game.

I Look forward to your response.

MaceUk
25th Aug 2011, 16:49
Youtube is already full of videos of HR with walthroughs, reviews etc.

OliPicard
25th Aug 2011, 17:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brkueMYOEyM

seems like sp00n from Machinima has had problems with eidos/Square.

OliPicard
26th Aug 2011, 16:02
Finally got a response from Eidos last night, they have given permissions for recording gameplay however you must not give away the plot or storyline.

So work into the game then record i guess.

flunkorg
26th Aug 2011, 16:04
Finally got a response from Eidos last night, they have given permissions for recording gameplay however you must not give away the plot or storyline.

So work into the game then record i guess.

Can you provide us with proof of this statement? Because if that was the case a lot more then the first video would have gotten copyright striked. And A LOT more videos would have been taken down.

Lirezh
26th Aug 2011, 16:09
wtf ? not giving away the storyline ?
So walkthroughs are civil law cases now ?
I've never heard such a thing before

Malakie
26th Aug 2011, 16:23
If Edios/SE is smart they'll knock off the copyright nonsense and keep quiet. These walkthroughs/Let's Plays/whatevers are free advertising for them. I and many others have bought games solely because of these types of videos. Bullying customers (doing walkthroughs/LP's is covered by Fair Use, btw) is a fantastic way to generate bad blood.