PDA

View Full Version : Audio looping and stuck on startup

benjamind
25th Aug 2011, 15:26
Hi all,

I'm having problems getting the game to start up.

It launches, shows me all the logos, and once it starts to fade the Nixxes logo it stops working, I get the orange mouse cursor which I can move around, and the audio loops over and over. It doesn't get out of this state and I eventually have to CTRL-ALT-DELETE start task manager and kill it.

It did start once, and I managed to start a new game and proceeded to play for a few minutes. I quit out to turn the resolution down a bit to improve performance, and haven't been able to get it to start again. I've tried restoring the resolution to where it was, and this didn't help at all.

I've also updated to the latest ATI drivers, and restarted, done driver cleans and everything else I could think of.

I'm using an Acer 5740g, with an ATI 5650 Mobility (1gb), 4gb of ram and an i3 330. Performance when the game ran at 1280x720 was reasonable.

Any suggestions?

benjamind
26th Aug 2011, 17:01
If I alt-tab out of the game immediately after starting it, bring up Task Manager, find the dxhr.exe process and set its CPU Affinity to use only 1 core, then switch back to the game it starts up fine.

Once I hit the main menu, I can alt-tab back to Task Manager and set the CPU Affinity to use all cores and return to the game. I played for a couple of hours since and had no issues.

The main drawback is that you have to do this every time you start the game.