PDA

View Full Version : Beating the game without setting off alarms

Dr Greenthumb
25th Aug 2011, 14:15
Hi guys,

First off great game, reminds me of a mix of perfect dark, splinter cell and resident evil(the inventory part), I just completed it on normal and i'm playing through again on hardest to get the achievements.
My question is if guards get alerted but not apearing as hostile does that mean you cannot get the achievement for nt setting off alarms or does it only effect he achievement if it goes to hostile?

Dr Greenthumb

IGears
25th Aug 2011, 14:37
The Achievement says no alarms so i would say the actual alarm that the enemy would go to on the wall.

Dr Greenthumb
25th Aug 2011, 14:41
cheers for your your input, anyone on the Eidos team confirm? would hate to get through the game only to not be awarded the achievement

Quillan
25th Aug 2011, 14:41
This is not certain, and not the exact same thing, but it is an indicator. During the stretch in Detroit where going into DRB territory to shut down the antenna, I got the "Smooth Operator" experience award. That's supposed to only be awarded when you complete an objective without setting off the alarm. I did alert one or two guards when slipping past (no cloak augmentation) but they never went hostile.

sojurn
25th Aug 2011, 14:44
For smooth operator, it's just alarms.

For ghost, you just need to make sure they don't see you and get 'hostile'. If their state is just alarmed, you can still get ghost.

I've just finished the game as well and the above is based on my experience.

However, I have noticed that you cannot get ghost/smooth operator unless the mission has its own map. Missions in city hubs do not seem to consistently reward ghost/smooth operator (not sure if I even got it once in a city hub).

Taupe
25th Aug 2011, 22:41
Does the ''enemies don't turn hostile'' part applies to, say, robots?

For example, even if you remain hidden and trow an EMP grenade robot-wise, the explosion will still turn him ''hostile'' towards you before he shuts down, even tho he have no idea of where you could be, or who you are. does it still breaks the foxiest of the hound/ghost bonuses?

Black-Xero
25th Aug 2011, 23:11
I would also like more clarification on this. I'm confused on what the actual requirement is. Does anyone have the OSG or something?

sojurn
25th Aug 2011, 23:51
Not sure about robots.

I went through the entire game except the last boss without killing/letting a robot see me. The only interaction I've had with robots is through the console to disable them.

Charadesmith
26th Aug 2011, 00:55
I have my doubts as well..finished for the first time, no actual alarm was set off but did get a "hostile" here and there, didn't get the achiev

dimljajvbu
26th Aug 2011, 15:27
I just finished the first mission. Reloaded whenever I was seen by anyone/anything. I got "ghost" but not "smooth operator"... But there were no actual "alarms" in this map, that I saw, so maybe that's right?
There really should be something in the GUI to let you track these things!

Sev
26th Aug 2011, 16:10
Not sure about robots. But turrets can go hostile and it won't prevent you from getting Ghost (they tend to go hostile really quickly upon even just getting a glimpse of you). At least as long as they don't shoot I think, never gave them a chance. If they shoot they tend to alert everyone else in the room which probably takes away Ghost.

I think bots may work in a similar manner. In the part where you have 2 bots patrolling around a helipad and you need to take them out, I just chucked 2 emp nades from cover to blow them up. Still got Ghost even though the first bot clearly saw the second one blow up before he went up in flames too.

One thing that I think does prevent Ghost however, would be enemies spotting dead bodies and going into alert, even if they don't go hostile. If they get alarmed because they caught a glimpse of you or heard you make noise and go to check it out, it's fine. But don't let anyone see bodies as "traps" to lure guards if you're going for ghost.