PDA

View Full Version : UK countdown!

MaceUk
25th Aug 2011, 13:27
8hrs 35mins to go! I'm off work so I will be playing into the early hours of the morning :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Aug 2011, 13:35
Seriously can't wait! :cool:

vallux
25th Aug 2011, 13:40
Goshdarn exciting this is. My pre-order has been dispatched, I really hope it arrives tomorrow. It's going to be one sad weekend if not.

Kristian_Vinther
25th Aug 2011, 13:46
Cant wait either, Denmark here. Got my CE yesterday, its just sitting on my table waiting to be played.

Ashpolt
25th Aug 2011, 13:48
8hrs 35mins to go! I'm off work so I will be playing into the early hours of the morning :)

Think your maths is a bit off there, mate - it'll be 9 hours to go in 10 minutes (at 3pm.)

I'm off work tomorrow, but have pre-ordered from amazon rather than Steam, so will be waiting for the postman. :(

MaceUk
25th Aug 2011, 14:04
Think your maths is a bit off there, mate - it'll be 9 hours to go in 10 minutes (at 3pm.)

I'm off work tomorrow, but have pre-ordered from amazon rather than Steam, so will be waiting for the postman. :(

Ooops, yes you are correct :)

JacobBHE
25th Aug 2011, 14:43

Same here. It's now 15.42pm and I still don't have a mail telling me my purchase has been dispatched...

Oh well.

Ashpolt
25th Aug 2011, 14:49
Same here. It's now 15.42pm and I still don't have a mail telling me my purchase has been dispatched...

Oh well.

Check in "My account" > "Where's my stuff?": mine's listed as "Dispatching soon" and still has the estimated delivery date as tomorrow (possibly because I'm on Amazon Prime.) If yours is still listed as "Not yet dispatched", you may not get it tomorrow, and so might want to look at other options, e.g. cancelling on amazon and simply getting to your local store early tomorrow.

knicks21
25th Aug 2011, 14:53
i feel bad for you guys its stupid you have to wait. ive got the game and trust me you wont be disapointed this is the best game ive ever played

JacobBHE
25th Aug 2011, 14:54
Yup mine says the same - dispatching soon - maybe I will get it...

Rainhands
25th Aug 2011, 15:01
Hahaha. You guys should have got Amazon Prime. It's the only way to shop online. My order has arrived but I can't install until 12am. :(

Jetsonix
25th Aug 2011, 15:06
This is the best first person shooter I ever played...it is just unbelievable how good it is. Like splinter cell and assassins creed all rolled into one. By far...bigger and better than the other Deus Ex we all played many years ago. Pro tip: take your time exploring as there are many items laying around in places that are hard to see if you running all the time...so slow down and look around

regards from USA

Ashpolt
25th Aug 2011, 15:15
Hahaha. You guys should have got Amazon Prime. It's the only way to shop online. My order has arrived but I can't install until 12am. :(

I have got Amazon Prime, wonder why yours arrived before mine? Are you in the UK? Mine still hasn't been dispatched yet! :(

vallux
25th Aug 2011, 15:16
This is the best first person shooter I ever played...it is just unbelievable how good it is. Like splinter cell and assassins creed all rolled into one. By far...bigger and better than the other Deus Ex we all played many years ago. Pro tip: take your time exploring as there are many items laying around in places that are hard to see if you running all the time...so slow down and look around

regards from USA

Yeah...I cringed.

Aegrim
25th Aug 2011, 15:16
3rd class citizen reporting in!

Conradsky
25th Aug 2011, 15:36
I've just received my copy! All set, awaiting midnight and then I'm ready to roll!

iamrob7
25th Aug 2011, 15:47
Got an email from Amazon.co.uk last night at midnight saying that my payment hadn't gone through. Turns out I pre-ordered it so long ago that my debit card has changed since then and my previous card details are now obviously invalid. My new card was registered with Amazon as I've bought things from then since then, but because when I pre-ordered the game I'd had the old card it had tried to take money from that. So I quickly popped on and put in my new card details, within 30minutes of getting the message. Even though I did this and it is being delivered first class my estimated delivery date is now 30th August (because of the bank holiday).

Sigh...I'm trying to take it in a positive way...

Spyhopping
25th Aug 2011, 15:48
Nooooooooo!!! A courier tried to deliver my copy today while I was at work. So close! Now it's gone back to their depot where I bet some jammy mail sorting guy is playing it.

...Even though I did this and it is being delivered first class my estimated delivery date is now 30th August (because of the bank holiday).

Sigh...I'm trying to take it in a positive way...

Just think! You will still have that new game glow when we are all suffering from migranes, DVT and too much pizza.

Ashpolt
25th Aug 2011, 16:22
Seems I'm in the minority not getting his a day early. :(

But, on the plus side, my copy has at least dispatched now. Hooray! I won't be playing at midnight sadly, but at least I can be fairly confident that I'll get it tomorrow.

Rainhands
25th Aug 2011, 16:40
Seems I'm in the minority not getting his a day early. :(

But, on the plus side, my copy has at least dispatched now. Hooray! I won't be playing at midnight sadly, but at least I can be fairly confident that I'll get it tomorrow.

I'm in the UK too and my estimated delivery date was set for tomorrow, but somehow it arrived today. Amazon prime guarantees that the game is delivered on the date, so don't feel bad about that. Now you can stock up on haribo and ribena ;).

tinfish
25th Aug 2011, 16:42
Shopto.net.
Got my pre-order on Wednesday.

Amazon are terrible, why do people use them?

MaceUk
25th Aug 2011, 16:46
Shopto.net.
Got my pre-order on Wednesday.

Me too, would use them again.

SomaMech
25th Aug 2011, 16:53
Preloaded on Steam (I know, bad choice) and cannot wait. I foresee a very late night and geeky weekend.

Rainhands
25th Aug 2011, 16:56
Preloaded on Steam (I know, bad choice) and cannot wait. I foresee a very late night and geeky weekend.

What is wrong with preloading? I have the CD but decided to preload as I have a few hours left.

Dazzo1987
25th Aug 2011, 17:00
Just wondered if anyone else ordered the Augmented edition from GAME? Just missing the game manual thats all.....

Acutus
25th Aug 2011, 17:25
Just wondered if anyone else ordered the Augmented edition from GAME? Just missing the game manual thats all.....

Heh, atleast you got your copy, i'm still waiting on mine even tho it was dispatched on sunday:mad2:

MaceUk
25th Aug 2011, 17:30

I don't think it has one as I didn't get one either just a quickstart leaflet with a key chart on it.

Dazzo1987
25th Aug 2011, 17:36
I don't think it has one as I didn't get one either just a quickstart leaflet with a key chart on it.

heh I didn't even get that. ----edit: i did lol im blind

Its defo in some copies though, take a look at this video from 2:30 onwards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_nH--1-kY

If anyone can find me a manual anywhere on the internet that wud be great!

Acutus
25th Aug 2011, 17:39
heh I didn't even get that.

Its defo in some copies though, take a look at this video from 2:30 onwards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_nH--1-kY

If anyone can find me a manual anywhere on the internet that wud be great!

the manual is on steam:)

Dazzo1987
25th Aug 2011, 17:44
the manual is on steam:)

ok cool, I can't see it at the moment though.....im guessing I have to install it first.

Acutus
25th Aug 2011, 17:46
ok cool, I can't see it at the moment though.....im guessing I have to install it first.

nope not at all, i don't even have mine yet and i can read it, go to the store page it should be on the right hand side below the metascore thing.

dannybates
25th Aug 2011, 17:46
I might have gone mad because i just bought the AU edition for xbox and pc :3

Ra1dMaX
25th Aug 2011, 17:59
4 more hrs and i can start install from my retail augmented edition that i got 3 days ago

Dazzo1987
25th Aug 2011, 18:11
nope not at all, i don't even have mine yet and i can read it, go to the store page it should be on the right hand side below the metascore thing.

THX :thumb:

JacobBHE
25th Aug 2011, 18:50
Finally, my 'your purchase has been posted' mail has arrived :cool:

DaddyDee
25th Aug 2011, 19:12
Picking mine up from GAME first thing in the morning, then going shopping with the wife and won't be able to play the game until around 8pm. Noooooooooooo.....

Spyhopping
25th Aug 2011, 19:30
Now that's love. I'd do a runner. :P

nakedhand
25th Aug 2011, 19:50
Cant wait either, Denmark here. Got my CE yesterday, its just sitting on my table waiting to be played.

Lucky you. I am Danish too and bought my copy of the Augmented Edition from Gamestop. They won´t allow me to have it today, so I can play at midnight like everyone else here. But I can pick it up tomorrow morning at 10. Bastards. Never shopping there again.

So where did you buy yours? I would have loved to play tonight!

deusfox
25th Aug 2011, 19:55
My brother who lives in London is currently on holiday in America so had his augmented edition sent to my house so he wouldn't miss it. It arrived this morning. My CE copy however was only dispatched today and won't be arriving until tomorrow. Thats terror.

Kristian_Vinther
25th Aug 2011, 19:58
Lucky you. I am Danish too and bought my copy of the Augmented Edition from Gamestop. They won´t allow me to have it today, so I can play at midnight like everyone else here. But I can pick it up tomorrow morning at 10. Bastards. Never shopping there again.

So where did you buy yours? I would have loved to play tonight!

I bought it at Shopto.net
I buy most of my games from them. Good prices, and they always deliver on release date. Or before in some cases, like this time :D

Lawtonn22
25th Aug 2011, 20:56
Getting really twitchy now, got the email from game on Monday saying my CE had been dispatched & still nothing, tracking number doesn't tell me a damn thing either just "express 24 hr". I will be a very unhappy bunny if this doesn't show up tomorrow, especially when I could have gone to tesco at midnight & bought a standard copy of the game :( .

jaywalker2309
25th Aug 2011, 21:02
2 hours folks..

pha
25th Aug 2011, 21:41
Jack Daniel's, check.
Big bag of hazelnuts, check.
Sandwiches, check.
Turned of cellphone, check.

I'm ready for the unlock.

MaceUk
25th Aug 2011, 22:00
1 hour... Don't fall asleep!!! :)

Phase
25th Aug 2011, 22:00
Heh, atleast you got your copy, i'm still waiting on mine even tho it was dispatched on sunday:mad2:

I am in exactly the same situation as you. Normally when you've bought it at GAME you get it a day before or two but now even though it said it despatched on Sunday it still hasn't arrived. :(

Kristian_Vinther
25th Aug 2011, 22:06
Unlocked in Denmark! Im off to play :D

JCpies
25th Aug 2011, 22:16
Jack Daniel's, check.
Sandwiches, check.

What about the popcorn and lube?

pha
25th Aug 2011, 22:25
^ Is that a reference? I'm not following.

vallux
25th Aug 2011, 22:41
Not neccessarily, you just need popcorn and lube to make any launch successful.

Phase
25th Aug 2011, 22:56
Not neccessarily, you just need popcorn and lube to make any launch successful.

Awful joke. :p

DON_The_Grey
25th Aug 2011, 23:01
Jack Daniel's, check.
Sandwiches, check.

This. is vacation?!!!
Jealous I am.
Uh looking forward to pick up my copy in shop early tomorrow.
Cheers

MaceUk
25th Aug 2011, 23:02
Decrypting now. Hopefully goes quickly!

mad825
26th Aug 2011, 08:22
For GAME buyers who have received their copy: Was it Royal Mail who delivered the game?

vallux
26th Aug 2011, 08:32
I guess the development age shows. Install on PS3. Not that bad though. I can stare at Jensen's mug and listen to the phenonenal Sarif Industries theme(?)

Painman
26th Aug 2011, 08:54
Hey, the rest of the world gets to play now! DANCE PARTY!!!11!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbuKI-tk4Z8)

Lawtonn22
26th Aug 2011, 08:59
For GAME buyers who have received their copy: Was it Royal Mail who delivered the game?

I believe it's going to be parcelforce, my tracking Number is live & states that my copy is loaded for delivery as of midnight last night - I imagine others will be seeing the same thing as me, still waiting !.

imported_the_guy
26th Aug 2011, 09:21
Dispatched 3 days ago, now just waiting for it to pop through my letterbox!

Phase
26th Aug 2011, 09:25

I have not received my copy either and orders have always been delivered by Royal Mail in the past.

Brockxz
26th Aug 2011, 10:14
Just got my copy from GAME here in Latvia. As always spot on delivery from GAME on preorders. They always manage to deliver games to Latvia to release day or even day before. It was royal mail for me and of course local mail company here in Latvia.

Phase
26th Aug 2011, 10:24
Just god my copy from GAME here in Latvia. As always spot on delivery from GAME on preorders. They always manage to deliver games to Latvia to release day or even day before. It was royal mail for me and of course local mail company here in Latvia.

Gah, envy you!

Bulk
26th Aug 2011, 11:15
Preordered last year from Game UK, release day and nothing here, not happy to say the least =_=

hags87
26th Aug 2011, 11:32
Preordered from Game UK. Got an email on sunday saying it had been dispatched, postman has been and gone today, no game, I have a horrible feeling that it will turn up on tuesday, due to the bank holiday. Either Royal Mail, or Game has really dropped the ball.

necrobuster
26th Aug 2011, 11:41
Preordered from Game UK. Got an email on sunday saying it had been dispatched, postman has been and gone today, no game, I have a horrible feeling that it will turn up on tuesday, due to the bank holiday. Either Royal Mail, or Game has really dropped the ball.

Exactly the same here. I even saw a Parcel Force van pull up my street this morning but only delivered to my neighbour.

mad825
26th Aug 2011, 11:46

I really liked RM when they had an monopoly :hmm:

It really sucks that GAME had to impose this "day release delivery only" bull****.

Lawtonn22
26th Aug 2011, 12:13
This is starting to look bad, my tracking number still states my copy was loaded for delivery at 0.55 this morning & I'm still waiting.

gmcb007
26th Aug 2011, 12:21
I'm the same as you guys. Mine got dispatched on Suday due to 'epic size' (wtf?) and the postman just came without it. I usually get games from them a day early but I don't know if I should even have hope for a parcelforce delivery. If I don't get it until Tuesday then i'm gonna be pissed. I paid for day one play after all. It doesn't help that GAME decided to take down their website for maintenance so I can't check the tracker.

Lawtonn22
26th Aug 2011, 12:33
I'm the same as you guys. Mine got dispatched on Suday due to 'epic size' (wtf?) and the postman just came without it. I usually get games from them a day early but I don't know if I should even have hope for a parcelforce delivery. If I don't get it until Tuesday then i'm gonna be pissed. I paid for day one play after all. It doesn't help that GAME decided to take down their website for maintenance so I can't check the tracker.

It may be worth trying the tracking number on the parcelforce website, mine was activated last night.

Ashpolt
26th Aug 2011, 12:35
I'm still waiting for mine, according to the Post Office tracker it's out for delivery so I'm just sitting and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

necrobuster
26th Aug 2011, 12:36
How do you find your tracking number? The one in the email with the /P on the end doesn't work.

gmcb007
26th Aug 2011, 12:36
It may be worth trying the tracking number on the parcelforce website, mine was activated last night.

I tried their site and it told me it was invalid. Something about it only containing letters or numbers. My tracking number ends with a '/p'

CoDEllite
26th Aug 2011, 12:37
Damn I feel really sorry for my fellow Brit gamers all ofsudden :( Maybe u guys should get out on the streets and organize some sorta impromptu mass protest Seriosly

Azen
26th Aug 2011, 12:39
Should have gone to spec...no Amazon Got my copy yesterday in the UK and with Delivery it was less than £27 for Augmented edition...

One small Snag, the slip with the Steam Authentication number is blank... no key code there so I can't play.. but I can listen to the Soundtrack and get irritated, by how cool it is but I can't play...

Still got it early though :D

gmcb007
26th Aug 2011, 12:44
How do you find your tracking number? The one in the email with the /P on the end doesn't work.

I'm with you there mate. Haven't got a clue.

mad825
26th Aug 2011, 12:59
I tried their site and it told me it was invalid. Something about it only containing letters or numbers. My tracking number ends with a '/p'

I think that's only to be used on the GAME website...However they have redesigned their website and make it useless as I cannot find any where to input the code.:mad2:

Phase
26th Aug 2011, 12:59
Should have gone to spec...no Amazon Got my copy yesterday in the UK and with Delivery it was less than £27 for Augmented edition...

One small Snag, the slip with the Steam Authentication number is blank... no key code there so I can't play.. but I can listen to the Soundtrack and get irritated, by how cool it is but I can't play...

Still got it early though :D

I think you're confused with the limited edition.

gmcb007
26th Aug 2011, 13:08
I think that's only to be used on the GAME website...However they have redesigned their website and make it useless as I cannot find any where to input the code.:mad2:

Can you get on to the site? I'm still getting the clip art image telling me it's still down!:mad2:

Decky
26th Aug 2011, 13:27
Can you get on to the site? I'm still getting the clip art image telling me it's still down!:mad2:

Their new site is rubbish. You can log on if you hover over the your account button and actually click the login option. If it shows the maintenance piccie just refresh until it works.

Its useless through, my original email had one of the /p order numbers, the new site shows a completely different order number! And no way to track it :mad2:

ARRGGHHH. note to self. use steam in future >.<

Beknatok
26th Aug 2011, 13:31
:thud:

I pre-ordered the Digital Download AE from GameStation, but still have not gotten any e-mail download information! Terribly frustrating...

:mad:

imported_the_guy
26th Aug 2011, 13:52
Has not been delivered, even though I pre-ordered 6 months ago...

I never asked for this.

Decky
26th Aug 2011, 13:57

I never asked for this.

quick update : mine just arrived by courier - was ordered from GAME so hopefully that gives the rest of you hope :)

imported_the_guy
26th Aug 2011, 14:00
Package has just been delivered by Royal Mail, I was so happy till I found out it was bras (not for me, by the way). :mad2:

gmcb007
26th Aug 2011, 14:00
quick update : mine just arrived by courier - was ordered from GAME so hopefully that gives the rest of you hope :)

Good news!

Who was the courier btw?

Bulk
26th Aug 2011, 14:01
Hope taken, thanks. Resuming waiting in my frozen state

Dr_Bob
26th Aug 2011, 14:04

I never asked for this.

Pre-ordered back in December 2010, did not receive the game on release day.

Hopefully it will come tomorrow. If not, then the wait will be excruciating.

Decky
26th Aug 2011, 14:06
i didn't see the van, just got told as i rushed to see what they put through the letterbox :D

Bulk
26th Aug 2011, 14:07
The worst is seeing people on my Steam list playing it. I can't handle it!!

imported_the_guy
26th Aug 2011, 14:08
Pre-ordered back in December 2010, did not receive the game on release day.

Hopefully it will come tomorrow. If not, then the wait will be excruciating.

Luckily I have an inflatable bat, which I am currently hitting pillows with (A present for someone but I use it anyway :rasp:)

Dr_Bob
26th Aug 2011, 14:12
Luckily I have an inflatable bat, which I am currently hitting pillows with (A present for someone but I use it anyway :rasp:)

Hehe, that cheered me up!

:D

Phase
26th Aug 2011, 14:41
I am leaving the house for months on Tuesday, so if it comes on Tuesday... :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

deusfox
26th Aug 2011, 16:53
My copy just turned up from Amazon at 5.45, dont give up hope for today just yet folks!

Acutus
26th Aug 2011, 17:03
My copy just turned up from Amazon at 5.45, dont give up hope for today just yet folks!

..bleh, hoping won't help me, i know i won't get it today and i very much doubt i'll get it tomorrow, gotta love the royal mail...roll on Tuesday!

Spyhopping
26th Aug 2011, 17:23
Oh my. Wow. Fantastic. I'm absolutely hooked.

As for those still waiting around for it: it'll be worth it.

Beknatok
26th Aug 2011, 17:25
Did any of you pre-order the Digital Download Augmented Edition from GameStation?

I still have not gotten any e-mails with download information, and GS's Customer Service has been ignoring my e-mail enquries.

Dr_Bob
26th Aug 2011, 21:32
Guys, if you ordered from GAME then you may be interested in this:

Game have in the last few months switched from using the Royal Mail 1st Class PPI posting to Downstream Access - essentially they went from 1st class to whenever the middleman they're using gives it to us to deliver the final mile. It saves them a few pence, means we make a loss delivering it but that's what we deal with.

Back when they used us direct games used to arrive with the customer on or the day before the release date. Now you'll be lucky.

The only people you can really complain to are Game for using an inferior product.

Maybe enough people telling them so will get it back to how it used to be, just a couple of months ago!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24649580&postcount=30

mad825
26th Aug 2011, 21:36
What's the source? Not doubting you but it seems very interesting and I'm curious.

Dr_Bob
26th Aug 2011, 21:38
What's the source? Not doubting you but it seems very interesting and I'm curious.

My bad - it's in the post now.