PDA

View Full Version : Buy it on PC or 360?

Sky999
25th Aug 2011, 08:26
It's one day till release where I live and I'm still debating whether to buy Deux Ex HR on PC or 360. On the one hand I have a very large HD TV to run it with the 360, but at the same time I much more prefer the controls of a PC over a console controller.

The problem with running it on the PC, despite preferring the controls, is that the monitor is obviously a lot smaller than my TV's, and also the graphics are undoubtedly going to be worse judging by my system...

Dell
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.33Ghz
Memory RAM: 4.00GB
System Type: 32-bit operating system

I'm really torn on this, I'm wondering, to those who already have bought the game, which is better in your opinion, Deux Ex on the PC or Xbox360?

Fest1984_EFimp2
25th Aug 2011, 08:32
I have a similar pc as u (Dell XPS420) cpu is Q6600 so urs is slightly better..

I'm getting the PC version purely because there are better "features" for the game regarding movement/interface etc.

they are supposed to be good on all formats (obviously) so I would say buy it for which format u enjoy/play the most.. Im a PC gamer so wouldnt dream of playing many games on my ps3 but each to their own :)

Kodaemon
25th Aug 2011, 08:35
You haven't given your graphics card, which is important. The rest actually seems fine for the game.

Also, about the HD TV thing, why not simply connect your PC to the TV?

Sky999
25th Aug 2011, 09:55
You haven't given your graphics card, which is important. The rest actually seems fine for the game.

Also, about the HD TV thing, why not simply connect your PC to the TV?

Sorry, it's an ATI Radeon HD 3870.

As for the connecting my PC to the TV, I don't know how to do it, plus I'd rather just play it as soon as I can instead of having to buy tons of wires to connect them.

Also I don't know how well my TV would display things from my PC, I thought the monitor has to be able to run the specs of your PC?