PDA

View Full Version : Do you find any new Augs in the game?

M3leed
25th Aug 2011, 06:55
I think the biggest problem with the game is the amount of augs. If you get more later in the game cool.... IF not Im really dissapointed.

Its as if they reduced the number of augs and skills, then combined them together to make a super watered down selection.

Deus ex and 2 are RPGs which let you play any way or style.

DE:RE is now a stealth action game. With a ton less character customization

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 14:08
I think the biggest problem with the game is the amount of augs. If you get more later in the game cool.... IF not Im really dissapointed.

Its as if they reduced the number of augs and skills, then combined them together to make a super watered down selection.

Deus ex and 2 are RPGs which let you play any way or style.

DE:RE is now a stealth action game. With a ton less character customization

I beat the game last night and, unless I missed something, no you don't find new augs, but they are not needed really. I think there may be too many as it is.

Tvayumat
25th Aug 2011, 16:36
Why would this disappoint you? Finding aug canisters has been replaced with using praxis to unlock pre-existing augs.

This game is a prequel, and your augmentations are akin to those in what JC referred to as "Mechs" in the first game. The only reason augmentation canisters made any sense in Deus Ex was due to the nature of nanotech augmentation.

To find a new aug in this game you would have to buy it or have it custom made, then get it installed, then wait while your body healed from the surgery and adapted to the new augmentation. So no, you don't find robotic limbs lying around and staple them to your body at any point.

Ifandbut
25th Aug 2011, 16:40
I am disappointed there are not quests to unlock some of the major augs (typhoon, cloak, high fall).

Tvayumat
25th Aug 2011, 16:53
I am disappointed there are not quests to unlock some of the major augs (typhoon, cloak, high fall).

Agreed. I think that the Typhoon launcher should have had at least SOMETHING said about it. It's a super secret mega project just going into production for military applications, very hush hush, oh and we totally installed one in your chest because we had an extra one lying around.