PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Augmented Edition buyers should get a refund

jerryku7
25th Aug 2011, 03:35
I bought the Augmented Edition for PS3 and it's a huge let down.
For those who are unaware, the Bonus Disc is described as a Bonus DVD, but is in fact a Blu-ray disc. This disc contains the soundtrack MP3 files but cannot be accessed unless you have a Blu-ray drive on your computer. You cannot access the soundtrack in anyway through the PS3 itself.

I believe most people who bought the Augmented Edition are like me in that I ordered Augmented because I wanted the soundtrack. Everything else was secondary to that. Since I can't use the soundtrack, I ordered this for nothing. The artbook.. the "making of" featurette... this isn't what I really wanted with the Augmented order.

I believe most people who bought the Augmented Edition DO NOT have a Blu-ray drive on their PC. I don't have statistics but I believe the vast majority of PC users do NOT have a Blu-ray drive, and most people's blu-ray readers are either their PS3 or some other stand-alone BD player connected to their TV.

To make matters worse, I have heard that the MP3s of the soundtrack are just samples of the full soundtrack. It is not even the real soundtrack. If this is true, then this is just adding insult to injury.

Square Enix/Eidos, please refund the $10 extra we all spent for this. Or somehow compensate us for this problem (send us a DVD?). We are your loyal fans and customers who pre-ordered this game. The Xbox 360 players are likely able to read their Augmented edition discs. Presumably they are real DVD discs. Why did you give us Blu-ray Discs that only a small percentage of us can load on our PCs???

simulacra
25th Aug 2011, 03:42
I agree, this would be a mayor screw up

TheYouthCounselor
25th Aug 2011, 04:05
I didn't get the PS3 version, and I wasn't aware of this fact. But I agree that this is a screwup.

Most people who want the soundtrack probably intend to listen to it on a CD or MP3 player. Few people I know leave their TV on and use their PS3 to play music.

I think this can be amended by allowing PS3 owners a digital download of that.

omgitsbees
25th Aug 2011, 04:12
Is it possible to rip the contents of the soundtrack from the blu-ray, onto your PS3 hard drive and then transfer them to a USB stick, which you then transfer to your PC? From there you can burn them to a CD if you want, or MP3 player.

jerryku7
25th Aug 2011, 04:30
Is it possible to rip the contents of the soundtrack from the blu-ray, onto your PS3 hard drive and then transfer them to a USB stick, which you then transfer to your PC? From there you can burn them to a CD if you want, or MP3 player.

No, it's not possible. Right now people are just suggesting that I pirate the MP3s from online. I guess I have no choice but to do this????

What a weird situation!

bitcloudrzr
25th Aug 2011, 05:03
They deleted the other AE issues thread because they don't care about PS3 users obviously. There is no PS3 app to get the music on your system, they didn't bother putting hd video on the blu-ray and to top it all off, the AE didn't get pre-order bonuses that came in the case for the regular editions.

Being on a blu-ray, even the music could have been uncompressed as an option, but I guess giving us something more wouldn't fit well in MS's pocket would it. Although I'm surprised they so far as to screw us over.

To be fair, I do listen to music from my PS3 with the TV off, but there are no options at all.

XeroCheese
25th Aug 2011, 05:17
The worst part is my game CD won't load past the loading screen after selecting your difficulty for the new game.

*I've come to a conclusion the that game is bugged. I will be returning it back to the store tomorrow for another copy or a refund.*

Castagear
25th Aug 2011, 06:22
For all PS3 owners i hope Eidos granted them a DL of the soundtrack if they dont have a blueray rom

The_elites
25th Aug 2011, 06:53
Earlier I posted on this forum about the availability of PS3 Augmented Edition for Asian Region. The shop here only stocked regular edition now, they promise me around early September they will know if there is Limited Edition coming for region 3.

I am now wondering if I just get the regular edition straight since it seems the Augmented Edition is not that good after all. Few weeks waiting is killing me :mad2:, after playing original deus ex recently I really wanted to play this game even more :mad2:

Some people also dissapointed that the augmented edition case is made from carton board instead of plastic (I read it from another forum).

Kodaemon
25th Aug 2011, 07:08
From what I can tell, the soundtrack included with the augmented edition is some kind of poor joke anyway. It's only 30 minutes long, while even the beta leak (which doesn't have all the music that's in the full game) has 3 and a half hours worth of music.

JCpies
25th Aug 2011, 07:21
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l95bwhBjVE1qd7brao1_400.jpg

jaywalker2309
25th Aug 2011, 10:53
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=120037

Suavek
25th Aug 2011, 12:46
I have to disappoint you even further - the "soundtrack" is only 12 tracks, which I believe is barely a small portion of the overall DX:HR music.

Seriously, 12 tracks in mp3 format advertised as "Game Soundtrack" by retailers, and it's basically a demo. Now what? - Full OST will be released in audio-cd format in a few weeks/months that we'll have to buy separately? "Great" work Eidos/Square/whoever's responsible...

XxtraLarGe
25th Aug 2011, 13:52
I lucked out. We have exactly 1 computer at my workplace that has a blu-ray drive on it, and I work for the I.T. dept. at a college with about 7000 enrollment. We're not exactly low-tech.

I didn't get the PS3 version, and I wasn't aware of this fact. But I agree that this is a screwup.

Most people who want the soundtrack probably intend to listen to it on a CD or MP3 player. Few people I know leave their TV on and use their PS3 to play music.

I think this can be amended by allowing PS3 owners a digital download of that.

They should give us some extra DLC, and maybe the DX theme that's in the Playstation Store.

No, that is not possible.

ecto69
25th Aug 2011, 14:10
I lucked out as well I have one in my system as well. Me not a big fan of sound tracks but it is a rip that they are only samples. And compressed mp3 , last game sound track I got was full wav files uncompressed, it was however a download via special link and code. I got it for the book but even that was false ad it states 40 pages they count the front and back cover as a page.

Kvltism
25th Aug 2011, 15:12
From what I can tell, the soundtrack included with the augmented edition is some kind of poor joke anyway. It's only 30 minutes long, while even the beta leak (which doesn't have all the music that's in the full game) has 3 and a half hours worth of music.

Hey, sounds like the official release of the Blade Runner soundtrack! :lol:

AlterEqo
25th Aug 2011, 18:24
Another funny thing is that you can't register the game on the Square Enix site with the code included in game package. Awesome... what they didn't know when the game was going to release?!

XxtraLarGe
26th Aug 2011, 03:17
Are you supposed to register on the Square Enix site?

Another funny thing is that you can't register the game on the Square Enix site with the code included in game package. Awesome... what they didn't know when the game was going to release?!

ecto69
26th Aug 2011, 04:00
Are you supposed to register on the Square Enix site?

Yes so they can send you spam, and hackers can again steal your info.

Whompa
26th Aug 2011, 04:03
Are you guys serious? Just friggen youtube it or download it...its all out there on the net and you already gave them money...

sp1cychick3n
26th Aug 2011, 04:34

That happened with me regarding another Square game I bought in February. It might be due to the fact that it was released recently. Try again in a few weeks.

StingingVelvet
26th Aug 2011, 04:53
Funny... I praised the digital augmented edition on PC because it had HD videos and an uncompressed WAV format soundtrack. Thought they really went the extra mile.

simulacra
26th Aug 2011, 08:51
Strange, my collectors ed. has one BD for the game and one DVD for the extras.

DaddyDee
26th Aug 2011, 15:18
Strange, my collectors ed. has one BD for the game and one DVD for the extras.

Yep, mine is the same. It's a UK version by the way.

Jordasm
26th Aug 2011, 15:44
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have the PS3 augmented edition. Does your case shut properly? Because mine shuts, then the top slides back up the side abit, making it look uneven. I have OCD, so this er...bothers me.

XxtraLarGe
26th Aug 2011, 21:30
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have the PS3 augmented edition. Does your case shut properly? Because mine shuts, then the top slides back up the side abit, making it look uneven. I have OCD, so this er...bothers me.

No, mine shuts just fine. Maybe your manual has slipped into the fold, stopping it from closing entirely or springing back.

bitcloudrzr
27th Aug 2011, 17:31
This really needs to be addressed soon, and it looks like the North American versions are the only ones affected.

KingNL
27th Aug 2011, 21:08
Oh wow thats like saying I bought a PS3 game but I have no PS3 and Square should buy me one!

Black-Xero
27th Aug 2011, 21:27
I'm fine with my Augmented Edition.Didn't really care about the soundtrack but it does suck for those that did care.

bitcloudrzr
29th Aug 2011, 06:34
I'm fine with my Augmented Edition.Didn't really care about the soundtrack but it does suck for those that did care.

I also don't get why we couldn't have an hd documentary and hd cutscenes if it was going to end up on blu-ray.

dragunz
29th Aug 2011, 15:55
Well, I love the game and did not regret spending the extra cash BUT this 'special edition' is a real rip from a company that needs some good numbers (square enix) to compensate from a poor 2010 year. the box is neat and the concept art is nice too, sample tracks is just unacceptable period ! so at the end you pay 10 bucks for stuff that most other companies give for free (think Catherine and Altus in general, GOW with all the documentaries and concept art on the disk and unlocked at the end ect.) why not make it worth player's money by including some exclusive aug ed. gear (think Dead space collector zealot exclusive) instead of giving everything away to retailers and pre-order bonus... anyway I traded an old game to cover the extra cost so I do not feel bad at all and at the end like in 2027 the corporation hold the ultimate power...