PDA

View Full Version : Extra DVD not working? Can't get score! (Updated 9/16 - Read 2nd post)

Gwiibear
25th Aug 2011, 03:27
I've done some research from what little is known about this issue (especially since the game just came out), but it would appear that you're computer has to have a BluRay compatible drive in order for those of us that bought the physical version of the game (or at the very least the PS3 version, as that is the one that I purchased) to be able to get the score! This irritates me alot since all 3 computers (both Windows and Mac) can not read them!

So the questions I pose are, 1) Will the score be available for download elsewhere soon? (because having to buy the digital version on Steam for $60 is a ridiculous price for just the soundtrack) and 2) since I have no friends with a Bluray compatible drive that I might be able to use, is there anything I can do? any workarounds? Because I really, really want this score, and I would rather not like to illegally download the it, because Michael McCann deserves my money for a fantastic score!

Any help is appreciated, and happy gaming! :D

jaywalker2309
25th Aug 2011, 08:37
Updated - For North America consumers, Square Enix America has made following announcement

http://release.square-enix.com/na/2011/09/16_01.html

M48
26th Aug 2011, 13:47
Is there any update on the bonus DVD not reading? I saw a link there to another forum topic and it was discussed but now it seems to be about PC audio issues. There are some of us that are still interested in this. We have a game score we can't access.

XxtraLarGe
26th Aug 2011, 21:37
Is there any update on the bonus DVD not reading? I saw a link there to another forum topic and it was discussed but now it seems to be about PC audio issues. There are some of us that are still interested in this. We have a game score we can't access.

The problem is that it's a Blu-ray disc, not a DVD. I had a computer with a Blu-ray drive at work that can read it, but none of my other computers could. Very poor planning on Eidos's & Square Enix's part.

Atreyuxx7
26th Aug 2011, 23:00
Really? I'm pretty upset about it to be honest. The whole reason I bought the augmented edition was to have the sound track and I can't access it because my computer nor my mac have a bluray drive? Why can't I just at least listen to it on my Ps3? I would like to know if they will fix this issue in some way or not...

CJ78
27th Aug 2011, 00:33
Um not to add to the confusion but I got mine today and i can play it. No blue-ray thing in my computer :/ (US)

Gwiibear
27th Aug 2011, 07:58
Um not to add to the confusion but I got mine today and i can play it. No blue-ray thing in my computer :/ (US)

I've done some further research, and it appears that the only DVD extra discs that are effected were the PS3 augmented editions. Every other platform I've heard is alright. So if you got any other version besides the PS3, then your comment is not valid.

Also I haven't heard any other updates as to what they plan to do to help all of us PS3 owners get our soundtracks.

thortend
27th Aug 2011, 15:18
Simply put: I purchased a DVD that doesn't work.

I am really disappointed in my purchase. I specifically bought the Augmented Edition because on the back of the box is States:

An exclusive bonus DVD featuring:
*44 min making of
*Game Soundtrack
*E3 trailer and animated storyboard
*Motion Graphic Novel adapted from the official series by DC Comics

Video game music is one of my favorite things to listen to, so it really bums me out that I purchased a soundtrack DVD only to find out I can't actually access the songs. There is no mentioned that you need to have a computer with a Blu-ray Player in order to receive the Game Soundtrack. In my opinion this would be like purchasing a DVD movie at the store only to find out you need a Blu-ray Player to listen to it.

Arksun
27th Aug 2011, 15:27
It does seem odd that the bonus disc in the augmented edition for PS3 specifically is blu-ray instead of DVD like the others. As far as I know the PS3 reads DVD format fine yes?. Unless they added extra content to the bonus disc on the PS3 version that exceeeds the DVD size limit?

Opie666
27th Aug 2011, 22:36
how do you acces to the storyboard, comic and trailers? all ive got on my bonus disc is the making of. I dont have any trailers, ost, storyboard images and animated comic.

kusanagi2k
28th Aug 2011, 00:50
Poor form guys. Seriously. What would make y'all assume all ps3 owners have a bd drive on their pc's? And if this was a Sony recommendation, why didn't you fight for your fans? I am really disappointed in this decision. The soundtrack is great and I did pay extra for the augmented edition for the score. So why should i be punished for having an old PC? I sincerely hope something can be done for the ps3 owners on this issue. If not, I will just purchase your games for my Xbox 360 or just not at all or at least not any of your collectors editions. Great game. Really. Just very very disappointed that I paid $10 EXTRA dollars for a score that will cost me an additional $100 to get access to.

Chronosv2
28th Aug 2011, 07:11
I'd also like to throw in my $0.02 on this issue. I don't have a blu-ray drive on my PC, and I was really looking forward to listening to the game's great soundtrack after having just finished the game. Turns out it's a Blu-Ray, and the box (and disc label itself!) say DVD. Is there anything that can be done about this? I also agree that I'd much rather have an official soundtrack, but as it turns out I don't have the PC hardware to access it.

hellrasinbrasin
28th Aug 2011, 09:10
Maybe Eidos can release a patch that allows people who bought the PS3 Augmented Edition to access the Soundtrack on their PS3s food for thought...

Atreyuxx7
28th Aug 2011, 15:08
I'm mad there is still no response yet from Eidos in someway shape or form, at least an apology would be nice nothing like paying for a service or product I don't recieve...

jerryku7
28th Aug 2011, 18:12
how do you acces to the storyboard, comic and trailers? all ive got on my bonus disc is the making of. I dont have any trailers, ost, storyboard images and animated comic.

The other stuff should be right there next to the Making Of. If you don't see it... I dunno what's up??

Opie666
28th Aug 2011, 18:39
thats weird...

M48
29th Aug 2011, 14:01
I'm mad there is still no response yet from Eidos in someway shape or form, at least an apology would be nice nothing like paying for a service or product I don't recieve...

I agree 100 percent, haven't heard anything from Eidos on this since it was discovered. I know they have their hands full with other issues but even a post just saying they are trying to figure something out would be great. Doing something through the PS3 network would be a great idea. I guess the point is it's a mistake obviously the thing says on the front side DVD. It puts a bad shadow on an otherwise great game.

jimmywolf
29th Aug 2011, 14:40
it a shame their have this poor of marketing going on hope tomb raider fair much better as this take away from a great game with this poor PR

JBo796
30th Aug 2011, 05:04
I also purchased the Augmented Edition (and I NEVER by special editions of games) specifically for the soundtrack. I emailed Square-Enix, received a receipt for my email and am waiting on a response. It said they usually respond within 48 hours, so I'll post back here and let you know what or if I hear anything.

I still have my receipt too. Maybe they can just email the mp3s to me if I show them proof of purchase, I don't know...

M48
30th Aug 2011, 13:12
I also purchased the Augmented Edition (and I NEVER by special editions of games) specifically for the soundtrack. I emailed Square-Enix, received a receipt for my email and am waiting on a response. It said they usually respond within 48 hours, so I'll post back here and let you know what or if I hear anything.

I still have my receipt too. Maybe they can just email the mp3s to me if I show them proof of purchase, I don't know...

Well here is the response I got from Square Enix.

"Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

The Augmented Edition Bonus Disc provided with the Playstation 3 version of this title is a Bluray Format disc. Currently the only way to obtain the score for the game is to insert the bluray disc in a PC with a bluray drive and then download the soundtrack. We understand that this may not currently be an option for you however we do not have any further suggestions at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center."

This is not acceptable, the packaging and labeling ID this as a DVD. Unreal.

Atreyuxx7
30th Aug 2011, 15:12
well I guess I'll be returning my game... oh well

ARustyFirePlace
30th Aug 2011, 15:58
returning your game because of this

lol console players are so pathetic.

JBo796
30th Aug 2011, 18:06
Well here is the response I got from Square Enix.

"Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

The Augmented Edition Bonus Disc provided with the Playstation 3 version of this title is a Bluray Format disc. Currently the only way to obtain the score for the game is to insert the bluray disc in a PC with a bluray drive and then download the soundtrack. We understand that this may not currently be an option for you however we do not have any further suggestions at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center."

This is not acceptable, the packaging and labeling ID this as a DVD. Unreal.

Agreed. This is NOT acceptable. I was in no way informed that I needed to have certain PC specifications for a product purchased for my PS3. Lucky for me, I saved my receipt. I will also be returning this if their resolution does not fix my issue (or even attempt to). For now, I will await their response (still haven't heard anything by the way).

JBo796
30th Aug 2011, 18:12
returning your game because of this

lol console players are so pathetic.

By the way. This is not pathetic at all. I paid for the soundtrack, so I should be able to use it, or should have been notified I would need a PC with a blu-ray drive prior to purchasing the product.

The whole game itself is about fighting corporations and evil organizations (not saying Eidos is evil) taking advantage of people. If we are being taken advantage of and not being given what is due to us, then we must press back and fight for what we know is right. PURITY FIRST!

Jaycw2309 - Have you heard any updates on this?

thortend
30th Aug 2011, 23:25
I GOT THE COOKIE CUTTER RESPONSE FROM SQUARE ENIX
Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for any confusion, and hope that you find this information useful. The Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition includes a 40-page art book, a motion graphic novel, a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and the game's soundtrack. This bonus content is offered as a DVD on the Xbox360 and retail PC releases of the game, a blu-ray disc for the PlayStation3 release, and as a separate download for the digital release.

If you have purchased the Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition through a digital retailer, please refer to the instructions below to obtain the bonus content:
Step 1: Open the Steam Client from Start -> All Programs -> Steam -> Steam.
Step 2: Login to Steam using your Steam username and password.
Step 3: Select 'Library' from the top menu.
Step 4: Click on the 'All Games' dropdown menu and select `Tools'
Step 5: Right Click on the item `Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition Bonus Content' and select 'Install Game...'.
Step 6: Enjoy the Bonus Content!

Additional Information: the bonus content will be installed under the user's Steam directory and so the location will vary from installation to installation. However, the user will always be able to find it by double clicking on the item in the 'Tools' menu - this will open an Explorer window containing the content.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

MY RESPONSE TO THE SUPPORT EMAIL
Thanks for the response. I now understand that bonus content for the Playstation 3 is a Blu-ray disc. The complaint I am making is that Square Enix or Eidos screwed up on the packing and labeling of the bonus disc content. On the back of the Playstation 3 Box for Dues Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition it states:

44 min making of
Game Soundtrack
E3 trailer and animated storyboard
Motion Graphic Novel adapted from the official series by DC Comics

Also if you look on the label of the Playstation 3 Bonus Content Disc it is a DVD Label, not a Blu-ray Label.

The back of the box and the bonus disc both state the disc is a DVD, not a Blu-ray disc. This product was clearly missed labeled. There should have been a note stating you will need to have a Blu-ray player in a computer in order to listen to the soundtrack. Why can’t I listen to a sound track on a Blu-ray disc on the PS3?:scratch:

So in summary I purchased a soundtrack disc with the box and disc labeled DVD, only to find out it requires a Blu-ray player in your computer to listen to it. (sarcasm) It also makes perfect sense I can’t listen to a soundtrack on a Blu-ray disc on the Playstation 3 console. Everyone knows you can only listen to music on a Blu-ray disc on a computer and not a PS3.

Opie666
31st Aug 2011, 00:41
lol... Its a copy/past answer. Good way to treat consummer.

Elethes
31st Aug 2011, 01:17
Same here, I bought the PS3 Augmented Edition, the bonus disc states in it's label that's a DVD disc and it's not.

The whole point, for me and, I believe, for most people, is to have blu-ray player just for High Definition movies and games. For that, PS3 is more than enough.

Data storage? External Hard Drive discs and pen-drives and etc are much better than blu-ray.

So, why would I want a blu-ray player on my pc? PC games? How many blu-ray pc games are there on the market?

My guess (I have other ones, but they me not be well received): since XBOX and PC bonus discs of Deus Ex HR are DVD, the printer just as well printed the labels of the PS3 blu-ray discs as DVD's. A very simple quality management problem that easily became a big problem. The best solution, im my opinion: use the steam bonus content download system already in place to solve the lives of PS3 owners using the registration codes of their PS3 versions of Deus Ex HR.

And the thing I wanted most of the extras of augmented edition was the soundtrack. And I know I'm not the only one.

JBo796
31st Aug 2011, 01:20
I GOT THE COOKIE CUTTER RESPONSE FROM SQUARE ENIX

We apologize for any confusion, and hope that you find this information useful. The Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition includes a 40-page art book, a motion graphic novel, a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and the game's soundtrack. This bonus content is offered as a DVD on the Xbox360 and retail PC releases of the game, a blu-ray disc for the PlayStation3 release, and as a separate download for the digital release.

If you have purchased the Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition through a digital retailer, please refer to the instructions below to obtain the bonus content:
Step 1: Open the Steam Client from Start -> All Programs -> Steam -> Steam.
Step 2: Login to Steam using your Steam username and password.
Step 3: Select 'Library' from the top menu.
Step 4: Click on the 'All Games' dropdown menu and select `Tools'
Step 5: Right Click on the item `Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition Bonus Content' and select 'Install Game...'.
Step 6: Enjoy the Bonus Content!

Additional Information: the bonus content will be installed under the user's Steam directory and so the location will vary from installation to installation. However, the user will always be able to find it by double clicking on the item in the 'Tools' menu - this will open an Explorer window containing the content.

MY RESPONSE TO THE SUPPORT EMAIL
Thanks for the response. I now understand that bonus content for the Playstation 3 is a Blu-ray disc. The complaint I am making is that Square Enix or Eidos screwed up on the packing and labeling of the bonus disc content. On the back of the Playstation 3 Box for Dues Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition it states:

44 min making of
Game Soundtrack
E3 trailer and animated storyboard
Motion Graphic Novel adapted from the official series by DC Comics

Also if you look on the label of the Playstation 3 Bonus Content Disc it is a DVD Label, not a Blu-ray Label.

The back of the box and the bonus disc both state the disc is a DVD, not a Blu-ray disc. This product was clearly missed labeled. There should have been a note stating you will need to have a Blu-ray player in a computer in order to listen to the soundtrack. Why can’t I listen to a sound track on a Blu-ray disc on the PS3?:scratch:

So in summary I purchased a soundtrack disc with the box and disc labeled DVD, only to find out it requires a Blu-ray player in your computer to listen to it. (sarcasm) It also makes perfect sense I can’t listen to a soundtrack on a Blu-ray disc on the Playstation 3 console. Everyone knows you can only listen to music on a Blu-ray disc on a computer and not a PS3.

Yes - I also received this generic email response a short time ago. I however replied to the email as shown below and encourage all of you having this issue, to respond to Square Enix's generic email, with my generic email : - )

(Guess this probably means I won't be getting a call back on that job I applied for with them!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dear Square Enix team,

Thank you for your timely response. As a consumer, I do not find your reply suitable as advised below. There was in no way any indication prior to me purchasing the product that a blu-ray drive on my computer was required. Judging by the instructions given by my PS3 to "insert the BD disc" into my PC and "copy the MP3 files", I am guessing it would be a fairly easy task for you to send me these MP3 files. I did pay your organization for this bonus content and do expect to receive it. I have attached a copy of my receipt to confirm so. Please email me these files by the close of business tomorrow (08/31/2011) or I will need to investigate alternative options for resolution. Thank you for your time."

Regards,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Realistically, they should be able to email me the MP3s or setup a DropBox folder or something to that effect for me to retrieve these files. The amount of time it would take them to do so would be extremely minimal and more cost effective in the long run, by keeping the customers happy.

M48
31st Aug 2011, 14:09
I also love how Square Enix has magically turned this disc into: "The PS3 Augmented Edition is a blu-ray" And everyone else is a DVD. Uh-huh.

It's already been stated by Eidos in these forums that the PS3 bonus disc was supposed to be authored as a DVD. I just wish that big companies would own up to their mistakes. Because of this I'm going to be very leery in the future of anyone's "special bonus disc" in their game, and you know furthermore they didn't even offer this wonderful score by Michael McCann in a lossless format.

Atreyuxx7
31st Aug 2011, 18:24
I meant the augmented edition...my bad in a rush... But thanks for making yourself look so kool!

el_jorge_loco
1st Sep 2011, 18:08
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem for the PC Augmented Edition, but I also have the Blu-Ray disc (that says DVD on it) in my PC version. I didn't even bother with Square, because I know their response is going to be the EXACT same issue you have here.

Also agree with all the posters here that they should be offering us some sort of access location online with the extra content that we didn't get that was part of our inducement to pre-order, among other things I'm sure.

LCaruana
1st Sep 2011, 20:58
I had the same problem with the Dragon Age Origins Collectors Edition for the PS3. The bonus disc was a blu-ray and required a PC to play the soundtrack. EA's fix was to offer the soundtrack as an mp3 download. I'm hoping Eidos does the same.

EricaLeeV
2nd Sep 2011, 00:08
I hope this problem gets fixed soon.

:( I, too, have this issue and no way of getting the soundtrack; which was probably my BIGGEST reason for getting the Augmented Edition. Please get back to us soon on this.

Opie666
2nd Sep 2011, 03:28
bump for great justice.

thortend
3rd Sep 2011, 12:13
SQUARE ENIX RESPONSE TO MY RESPONSE

Again, we sincerely apologize for this situation however unfortunately there is no alternate way to obtain the soundtrack provided with the Augmented Edition at this time. The North American version includes all content on the Blu Ray disc to respect and comply with SCEA's (Sony Computer Entertainment America) policies for the PlayStation 3.

Square Enix is not going to fix this problem. This is just terrible customer service. :mad2: It looks like all the PS3 owners of the Augmented Edition are screwed and will just have to find someone with a Blu-ray player in their computer.

Ponn01
4th Sep 2011, 04:52
Well they are just going to ignore and hope it goes away. Sounds like lawsuit time, only thing they will listen to at this point. Pretty clear case of false advertisement, says right on the damn package bonus DVD. Would be so easy for them just to put the mp3 files up for download but they have to be anti-consumer about this and do it the hard way. Going to call their service line Tuesday and if no good answer ask for their legal dept and advise of intent to sue. I'm sure some lawyer would take this as a group civil case with such an easy case to win. Sure the lawyer would get huge legal fee payout and we probably only get soundtrack owed to us but at least it would teach them a lesson not to pull this BS again.

Opie666
5th Sep 2011, 01:00
lol a lawsuit for a 69$ games... GET A LIFE LOSER!
just go on a torrent and download the f'n soundtrack you pathetic moron.
Problem solved.

Oh btw... if you lose your time by going in court for that You will probably lose since the soundtrack is on the cd so... there is no false advertisement the only problem is that its not accessible for most of us, so since its on your blu-ray they will probably mess around that to prove that it was only a problem with your ps3 or something like that. But as i said before... just download the soundtrack and shut the hell up cry baby.

Ponn01
5th Sep 2011, 11:16
lol a lawsuit for a 69$ games... GET A LIFE LOSER!
just go on a torrent and download the f'n soundtrack you pathetic moron.
Problem solved.

Oh btw... if you lose your time by going in court for that You will probably lose since the soundtrack is on the cd so... there is no false advertisement the only problem is that its not accessible for most of us, so since its on your blu-ray they will probably mess around that to prove that it was only a problem with your ps3 or something like that. But as i said before... just download the soundtrack and shut the hell up cry baby. i know it's popular to be a corporate shill nowadays but you could cut back on the venom and derogatory remarks. It is false advertisement because it says right on back of case making of DVD. Let me repeat for you making of...DVD. Those are two different formats. And this is a ps3 game, nowhere on box saying you will need pc with bluray drive to get content. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gave up getting the regular edition with $10 or even $20 store credit promos to pay full price for augmented so that's actually up to $30 difference for a total package I was lied to.

Now maybe you are ok with getting screwed over by companies and giving up your consumer but don't put down those that continue to hold companies accountable for everyone's benefit. It's not that hard to understand it's not about me going and downloading the soundtrack illegally, if that was the case I would have just purchased the regular edition. I really REALLy enjoyed the soundtrack I was hearing and wanted to support Eidos with my extra $10 in return for a physical copy of the soundtrack I could enjoy. Ive even relented and would accept a digital download of the soundtrack, at least getting what i paid for but they aren't even responding or standing behind their product or loyal fans or consumers that much. Such a simple thing to do to save face and earn goodwill you would think it would be a no brainer. Now it's time to hold them accountable. And it would be a group civil case, not like me personally wasting time in court. It's all about the principle at this point, lying on the box to get sale, very poor response, no resolution and very anti-consumer and anti-loyal fan behavior. I mean really, as a company you would think you would want to take care of your consumer that just dropped an extra $10 for your product, they are the ones going to stick with you. After this do you think I'm going to reward them with dlc purchases.

mad825
5th Sep 2011, 16:17
. I really REALLy enjoyed the soundtrack I was hearing and wanted to support Eidos with my extra $10 in return for a physical copy of the soundtrack I could enjoy. Ive even relented and would accept a digital download of the soundtrack, at least getting what i paid for but they aren't even responding or standing behind their product or loyal fans or consumers that much.

you got screwed over twice, the physical soundtrack only features some of the audio from DXHR.

JBo796
7th Sep 2011, 15:35
Just got off the phone with Eidos Montreal. They told me to call the number in the back of the booklet that came with the game. For anyone who doesn't have this information readily available, it is a Square-Enix number in California. The number is 310-846-0345. Happy calling!!! : - )

JBo796
7th Sep 2011, 16:27
There are no plans to make the content available. The customer service person wouldn't let me speak to their manager. They released it in accordance with Sony's guidelines for a PS3 disc. Refunds have to go through the place of purchase (best buy, gamestop, etc.). Pretty much, there is nothing we can do. So I am curious of how many people purchased the augmented edition, if it would be enough for a class action lawsuit. When is any company going to be accountable for anything? This is ridiculous. They'd rather be an ******* to you and push back on the phone instead of trying to find any way to actually help you. Seriously? Customer service? They need to rename their job roles, because they are NOT serving their customers. They need to be called Customer deflectors. This is bull. I'm going to start researching good lawyers. Stay tuned for updates...

kyuusei
18th Sep 2011, 02:06
I have the PS3 Augmented Edition so I had this problem and a friend found this for me on Joystiq yesterday.

JBo796
7th Dec 2011, 14:18
I have the PS3 Augmented Edition so I had this problem and a friend found this for me on Joystiq yesterday.

I don't know what made me decide to check back here after so long, but thank you so much for posting this!!!

Aggilus
15th Dec 2011, 01:27
using your PS3 you can access all the bonus features but the soundtrack. In fact I've watched the animated comic and the 44 min documentary just fine.

I'll have to call warranty service rep in order to get my mp3 download link... damned (I live outside US)