PDA

View Full Version : A problem has occurred with your display driver.

tbr2109
25th Aug 2011, 02:45
Whenever I try to launch a new game or load an existing one I receive the above message UNLESS FXAA is set to high. When set to high the game works as intended.

Video Card: Radeon HD 4850
Drivers: Catalyst 11.8

Full Error Message: A problem has occurred with your display driver. Your system may not have enough resources to run the game at the selected settings. You can retry using the same settings, or adjust them to lower settings. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video hardware, and try rebooting your system to help clear up any issues.

Mizkreant
25th Aug 2011, 03:33
I'm having the same issue, except Edge AA also works. Any other AA settings besides FXAA High or Edge AA will crash the game.

Athlon X2 4200+
2 GB RAM
Windows XP Home SP3
Radeon 4850
Catalyst 11.8

tbr2109
25th Aug 2011, 21:11
Any official confirmation that this bug exists? As the previous poster said, Edge AA also works, but when the Antialiasing mode drop down box is set to No AA, FXAA Low, or FXAA Medium, the game crashes when trying to load a new or existing game.

Laputin Man
27th Aug 2011, 05:12
Could not get past the on rails part at the very beginning until just now and I finally got some gameplay in. At the part where I just got the implants and am back at sarif. Can only play the game for 10 minutes or so before it freezes and gives me the same message many of you are getting (Full Error Message: A problem has occurred with your display driver. Your system may not have enough resources to run the game at the selected settings. You can retry using the same settings, or adjust them to lower settings. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video hardware, and try rebooting your system to help clear up any issues. )

I tried switching to edge AA and it doesn't seem to help the game run any better. I think all of my drivers are up to date. I have:

Windows Vista Home premium
Processor: AMD Phenom 9150e Quadcore Processor 1.80 GHz
5 Gb ram
64 bit OS

NVidia GeForce GTX 275

I think I should make the requirements, is there anything I can do to get this game to run worth a damn?

Mizkreant
27th Aug 2011, 07:00
If it won't work on FXAA High, and everything else at default, I don't know what else to tell you.