PDA

View Full Version : Hacking and Looting..

ssj4megaman
24th Aug 2011, 18:34
When looting and hacking, the slots that the items are in (in looting the 4 slots and in hacking the fortify, hack, stop, and nuke) should correspond to the WASD keys to allow us to work faster.
I cannot say how many times when hacking the I mouse over the button and it doesn't register I am over the button, which waste alot of time. It would just be easier if i could hit the W key. Please allow this change...
Other than that AWESOME game.
Thanks.

tet5uo
24th Aug 2011, 21:58
Second this. Noticed this first thing when I was hacking. 4 slots and 4 movement keys. Makes sense and I don't need to worry about mis-clicking in the heat of a detected hack.

Jovena
24th Aug 2011, 22:15
On a related yet unrelated note...I was having heck of a time until I realized I could zoom in or out on the hacking map, made navigating it so much easier. But I agree with your suggested being able to remap those hacking abilities would be nice.

Shralla
24th Aug 2011, 23:07
Yeah, mis-clicking is definitely a problem. I've failed my fair share of hack attempts because I accidentally clicked one of the other buttons, or nothing at all.

Ashpolt
24th Aug 2011, 23:14
Have they at least improved it from the leak, where sometimes simply mousing over an icon (particularly stop worm / nuke virus) would activate it, without clicking?

Shralla
24th Aug 2011, 23:21
It doesn't seem to do that at all, at least for me. I'm just having an issue because the four-way pop-up appears directly over the node, and not over your mouse, so unless your cursor is literally centered on the node, you run the risk of misclicking the wrong thing in a hurry.

tinfish
25th Aug 2011, 00:09
I noticed this on the 360 aswel, on rare occasions I press X and up and it doesn't register.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
25th Aug 2011, 00:40
I saw the words hacking and looting and thought something bad had happened in London again...