PDA

View Full Version : Achievements Work?

deusexhr
24th Aug 2011, 16:24
Hey people i have got this game in the UK 2 days early and wondered if the achievements work correctly? At the moment i am watching the making of dvd from my augmented edition. I have had problems with broken achievements before when i got a game a couple days early and those achievements became broken . Can't wait to get stuck into this game though, watched the leak beta for an hour and OMG it is amazing, Beautiful soundtrack, beautiful crafted world, excellent game mechanics. For your first game Eidos Montreal you have done yourselves proud and it is a very worthy succesor to the original. Thankyou Eidos Montreal.
(To the mods please do not merge this thread with the existing one you did a little while ago as i want to see the answers to my achievement question and that was a thread with spoilers in it and i do not want to read any spoilers. Thankyou.)

Enraged Penguin
24th Aug 2011, 16:27
It should be fine. One of my mates is playing it right now and his achievements are popping up properly.

On a somewhat related side note, I ****ing hate Royal Mail. My copy was despatched on Saturday and it still isn't here :mad2:

I felt like punching the postie when he put an advert for takeaway pizza through my door this morning, but I guess it isn't his fault lol.

deusexhr
24th Aug 2011, 16:36
It should be fine. One of my mates is playing it right now and his achievements are popping up properly.

On a somewhat related side note, I ****ing hate Royal Mail. My copy was despatched on Saturday and it still isn't here :mad2:

I felt like punching the postie when he put an advert for takeaway pizza through my door this morning, but I guess it isn't his fault lol.

Haha, to be fair it might not be the royal mail's fault, it depends what the sender sent it as (first class, 2nd class etc..) and also some company say they have dispatched your game early when they haven't, the website i used (shopto.net) said my game was dispatched yesterday and i was so surprised when i came home from work to see my package!! I would definately reccomend that site mate as the games are usually 3 or 4 quid cheaper than other sites and it seems they have a good dispatch service.

NOCTORNUS
24th Aug 2011, 20:39
Achievements are in the disc so should work days or theoretically weeks before, if you have a legit disc that is. Your tag can sometimes become corrupt and a recover tag seems to resolve so called missing cheeeevos