PDA

View Full Version : Why do I Love Hitman?

TheBRADLeyB
24th Aug 2011, 15:48
When I was a young child (I'm 24 Now) I first played Hitman: Codename 47 on my Parents PC. I must have been 15 or 16 at the time and it was a Demo actually that got me into the game. The Mission I believe was the Cheung Chau Fish Restaurant level and I loved it. I must have played it about 60 times before I finally scraped enough money together to go out and buy the game. Such an Awesome game. I may have the Original CD Case around my parents house somewhere.

Anyway I've stopped playing games on the PC. I just haven't the time nor money to update my PC all the time to play the newest games. Although lately I've been sorely missing Mods for Max Payne, Thief and a few other games. I also miss CnC Games. But I digress.

The only game for the 360 currently that is Hitman is Blood Money and it's the only game I have not traded in to GameCrazy or GameStop and to me that says a lot. It's just such a good game you never know when you want to pop it back in and kill Richard Delahunt again!

And there are so many ways to do it. Sneaky Snake and try for SA or the best ranking you can get or go through and mess around with maxed out weapons and just spray bullets everywhere! I recently opened up Blood Money again and did some GamerScore harvesting and now the only Achievements I am missing are 5 SA Rankings on Expert and... is Pro the most realistic?

Either way I just love how this game is put together and how you have so many different options and variations of how to complete the missions and have fun with it. And honestly the Storyline being in the background is also another thing that I like. I'm not constantly trying to hunt down people trying to kill me. I'm simply assassinating targets (which are largely with no ties to each other) and a little story plays out in between contracts.

Grant it there are issues with Blood Money such as the AI and some of the animations and glitches. And the entire thing about game saves disappearing after exiting gameplay absolutely kills me. but all in all I truly love Hitman.

And remember that Movie Hitman with Timothy Olyphant?... Well if you compare it to Hitman it's not that good a movie. In fact it feels a little bit like Edios just pimped the name Hitman out to Hollywood. But I will say it's a good movie if you remove what you know about the Hitman series. Also Timothy Olyphant is just such a great actor. And Robert Knepper? AWESOME!...

At least it wasn't like Max Payne which was a complete pimp of the name and then a horrible horrible horrible movie no matter how you looked at it.

Anyway I just wanted to say I love Hitman and I am so thankful Edios didn't give up on the series. (And Thief as well, I may have to buy a PC for Thief 4)

Four Suited Jack
9th Sep 2011, 19:32
I recently opened up Blood Money again and did some GamerScore harvesting and now the only Achievements I am missing are 5 SA Rankings on Expert and... is Pro the most realistic?

I know how to get Silent Assassin in almost all of the missions, which missions are you having trouble with?

HitmanFan1192
11th Sep 2011, 17:05
Nice write up dude, I feel the same way!! It's the most fantastic, awesomest game series ever created!!