PDA

View Full Version : Steam overlay flickering with AMD 11.8 crossfire

xfullboost
24th Aug 2011, 15:40
I just installed the AMD drivers 11.8, and now the steam overylay flickers in HR. Other games work fine. This may be a crossfire issue. Since I installed the CAP2 and friends of mine with a single card using 11.8 have no flickering. Steam blames AMD, AMD blames Steam and HR, who does HR blame? lol

windows 7 64b steam purchased augmented edition. 6970 in crossfire 11.8 cap2.

i have tried it with vsync on or off.

Phades
24th Aug 2011, 22:46
I've had the exact same issue. It's very annoying, especially when they release an app profile specifically for this game.

Kynaeus
25th Aug 2011, 00:44
When you first start playing, it's supposed to flicker. You have to talk to an NPC to fix it. If you've gone past that already then I hope you get it fixed soon

Phades
25th Aug 2011, 00:54
When you first start playing, it's supposed to flicker. You have to talk to an NPC to fix it. If you've gone past that already then I hope you get it fixed soon

We're not talking about the "heads up malfunction" in the first part of the game. The actual steam overlay itself flickers and when you finally get to the point that you have a gun, my hands flicker.

Flakkar
25th Aug 2011, 02:20
I have the same problem. I tried ducking into cover, then coming back out, and my hands stopped flickering. But my overlay still flickers.

Ashpolt
27th Aug 2011, 14:11
I sent Jaycw a PM about this, didn't realise there was already a thread, or that it was related specifically to the 11.8 update. In addition to the Steam overlay flickering, I also find I can't take screenshots using the Steam built in screenshot tool, they just come out black, and I assume that's related to this.

Anyone found a fix yet?

BDRecon
27th Aug 2011, 17:46
I found a fix for now. with the steam overlay on, just turn on/off triple buffering (Just toggle the setting). This works for me, and you can change the setting back and the game will stay fixed, but you're gonna have to do it every time you start the game. its kind of a pain but it works none the less.

JohannVII
31st Aug 2011, 00:12
I found a fix for now. with the steam overlay on, just turn on/off triple buffering (Just toggle the setting). This works for me, and you can change the setting back and the game will stay fixed, but you're gonna have to do it every time you start the game. its kind of a pain but it works none the less.

Confirmed working on my machine - 2xHD5870 with Catalyst 11.8+CAP2

BDRecon
9th Sep 2011, 13:47
just a quick update, the new profiles, 11.8 CAP3 which were apparently released on the 2nd, have fixed the problem for me. I'd go install them ASAP :D