PDA

View Full Version : AI

Fireisprettyful
24th Aug 2011, 11:36
i heard so many conflicting reports about them what is everyones view on the AI? i did a search and didnt find a thread like this

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/14107/deus-ex-director-bemoans-flawed-ai

also i found that , also how does the AI compare with other shooting games?

ninja81
24th Aug 2011, 14:45
Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI!Patch AI! Reboot..

CoDEllite
24th Aug 2011, 14:49
I think its actually quite competent. Nothing like Halo AI but still MUCH better than the travesty that was AI in Crysis 2

aieeeee
24th Aug 2011, 15:06
I thought the AI was fine in Crysis 2. I was however less than impressed with the graphical staticlgrain glitch that appeared all the time and made "the best looking console game to date" look truly shabby. And Crytek can't even be bothered fixing it.

CoDEllite
24th Aug 2011, 15:09
I thought the AI was fine in Crysis 2.

REALLY :) ? What about this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-INsRmvvGUo) ?

There is more where that came from

Kynaeus
24th Aug 2011, 15:29
In the first mission, I stunned a guy in a side room. I looted and opened the door, goon happens to be looking at me, immediately step back and door closes. As he comes closer to investigate I panic and try to hide the body, I succeed in kicking it towards the corner right next to the door and hide behind a crate in the center of the room. Three goons come in and start reviving buddy in the corner, I do a KO takedown on the one standing next to the crate and no one notices, they all walk out and leave me alone. How did they not investigate a tiny room or notice one of their friends didn't leave? This was the only weird hiccup I've seen though, it's otherwise been pretty decent

FatalSylence
24th Aug 2011, 15:36
It's occasionally spotty, but otherwise, I find it quite good. Seems like lots of effort was put into it and it shows.

Fireisprettyful
24th Aug 2011, 15:38
thank you for all the feedback so far, i am getting it tomorrow so then i will be able to see for myself, sounds like there are a few bugs and issues with the AI but they are mostly good

its hard to tell when some reviewers are saying the AI is really good and some say its really bad :P

aieeeee
24th Aug 2011, 15:51
REALLY :) ? What about this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-INsRmvvGUo) ?

There is more where that came from

I never came across that in the 360 version.

ninja81
24th Aug 2011, 16:09
its hard to tell when some reviewers are saying the AI is really good and some say its really bad :P

Simple: AI is good in stealth phase, bad in action/shooter phase

Fireisprettyful
24th Aug 2011, 16:20
Simple: AI is good in stealth phase, bad in action/shooter phase
sorry i missed your post before what do you think has to be patched about the AI? the reason i care about the AI so much is because it can really make a game(forza motorsport) but it can really destroy a game also

ninja81
24th Aug 2011, 16:30
sorry i missed your post before what do you think has to be patched about the AI? the reason i care about the AI so much is because it can really make a game(forza motorsport) but it can really destroy a game also

AI has a good aim, but does not move to encircle, does not open doors, it's static in cover position.

Enraged Penguin
24th Aug 2011, 16:36
AI has a good aim, but does not move to encircle, does not open doors, it's static in cover position.

Sounds like headshot fodder lol. Meh, in a game like this I'm not expecting top of the line AI when it comes to firefight tactics. That's the sort of thing I'd expect from purebred shooters like Halo. Christ some of the AI enemies in that game are more intelligent than the actual players. Not that that's saying very much..

ninja81
24th Aug 2011, 16:47
Sounds like headshot fodder lol. Meh, in a game like this I'm not expecting top of the line AI when it comes to firefight tactics. That's the sort of thing I'd expect from purebred shooters like Halo. Christ some of the AI enemies in that game are more intelligent than the actual players. Not that that's saying very much..

I agree, but after 5 years of game programming you could expect something more, I hope that a patch fix AI at least a little.