PDA

View Full Version : Clear up confusion on bonus items...

MaceUk
24th Aug 2011, 11:15
I have just had my PC version of the Augmented Edition and have a leaflet saying when and where all the bonus items and mission are availalable.

The bonus mission - Tong's Rescue: will be offered to you by a character in Hengsha during the game.

The Grenade launcher will be given to you upon completion of the bonus mission.

Extra weapons and credits, including the Remote-detonated explosive device will be added to your inventory at the start of the Sarif Manufacturinf Plant mission.

The AUD will available as loot throughout the game.

This was in the UK AE PC version.

tZer
24th Aug 2011, 11:30
Thank you, finally a confirmation that without the pre-order Bonus, the AUD is not in the game AT ALL, whereas most other weapons have some sort of equivalent in the game.

MaceUk
24th Aug 2011, 13:03
I am sure they will be released in some DLC in the near future.

thanos
24th Aug 2011, 14:17
That clears up a few things.

Keiichi81
24th Aug 2011, 14:32
I got a download code on the pre-order receipt I was given (I pre-ordered in the store). If you pre-ordered online I would assume they would give you the code on your receipt after paying for the copy or email it to you if you had the game shipped to your door. If you didn't receive any code, I would call GameStop's customer service @ (800) 883-8895 or send them an email (http://as00.estara.com/OneCC/200106299243/mailform.html). Usually they can get you another code if you complain enough.

cqc_batman
24th Aug 2011, 15:08
I inputted the explosive mission pack redeem code. But where is it in the game?

MaceUk
24th Aug 2011, 15:09
I inputted the explosive mission pack redeem code. But where is it in the game?

The bonus mission - Tong's Rescue: will be offered to you by a character in Hengsha during the game.

Spooky Neo
24th Aug 2011, 15:20
How nice of Eidos to include this in your game package in the UK.

In Canada we got ripped off, we get this as a pre-order bonus from Gamestop/EB games, but they have to give it as a download code on the receipt or via e-mail.

I as a Canadian didn't get my pre-order content " the explosive mission pack, with the resuce Tracer Tong".
Cause I got no code either on receipt nor inside the package with a leaflet.

So false advertising on their part and just another scam as per usual with Gamestop.

Hey mate, I'm from Canada (Montreal) and I too pre-ordered the Augmented PC.

I called my EBGames store few minutes ago and he told me to call tomorrow as they will receive the code probably today.

As soon as I told him that I pre-ordered Deus Ex and didn't get the DLC code, he told me not to worry and it was an issue with Square Enix where they shipped the boxes too fast without the codes.

He will be able to give me the code by phone, as he told me. I talked to the owner of the shop ... Happy ending after all :)

cqc_batman
24th Aug 2011, 15:24

But what about the weapons?

Keiichi81
24th Aug 2011, 15:39
But what about the weapons?

Did you read the OP? It explains exactly when and where you find everything.

Arkayn
24th Aug 2011, 16:04
Same thing happened to me, but since i didnt want to wait i emailed feedback@gamestop.ca (got the email from ebgame ca facebook) and explained my problem 30 min later received a mail with my Code.

I have a quick question after i entered the code do i need to start a new game ? i am in the middle of the first mission and didnt get any item... wondering if the extra mission will be available.

Spooky Neo
24th Aug 2011, 18:47
Same thing happened to me, but since i didnt want to wait i emailed feedback@gamestop.ca (got the email from ebgame ca facebook) and explained my problem 30 min later received a mail with my Code.

I have a quick question after i entered the code do i need to start a new game ? i am in the middle of the first mission and didnt get any item... wondering if the extra mission will be available.

Cheers mate, I got the code in my mailbox. I'll try it tonight :)

Now all is needed is to know if I must restart a new game. I don't really care about the weapons bonuses, but I want that bonus mission:D

I'm not very far in the game; I've finished the first level in the Warehouse.

cqc_batman
24th Aug 2011, 19:15
Did you read the OP? It explains exactly when and where you find everything.

Yep I just read it. Pretty stupid that it's not available at the beginning. I just found the AUD by accident. It's located in the 3rd floor of the police station in one of the offices.

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 20:25
I got a download code on the pre-order receipt I was given (I pre-ordered in the store). If you pre-ordered online I would assume they would give you the code on your receipt after paying for the copy or email it to you if you had the game shipped to your door. If you didn't receive any code, I would call GameStop's customer service @ (800) 883-8895 or send them an email (http://as00.estara.com/OneCC/200106299243/mailform.html). Usually they can get you another code if you complain enough.

They did the pre-order code on the receipt in USA, in Canada it seems most of us simply never got a code.
They "were late sending out the code leaflets".
I ordered my game from EB games which is owned by Gamestop.

In any case I got it solved I managed to get the code e-mailed to me.

I did the "feedback mail" thing too and it worked.

As for the questions, yes you do have to restart the game again, or so I was told.
I'm lucky that I didn't play the game, well just tried out the prologue and wandered around the office, so I don't have lots to replay.

HostageTaker
24th Aug 2011, 20:36
I got my copy on day 1 from EBGames/Gamestop in Ontario, Canada and I had the Explosives mission pack code inside the game box. I didn't even pre-order it, so I was grinning when I opened it up! :D

hahahaha

jason95821
24th Aug 2011, 21:47
and steam does not get any dlc since we got it cheaper
lol one thing i dis like them for doing

Spooky Neo
24th Aug 2011, 22:15
As for the questions, yes you do have to restart the game again, or so I was told.
I'm lucky that I didn't play the game, well just tried out the prologue and wandered around the office, so I don't have lots to replay.

And may I ask who told you that the game has to be restarted ?

Jovena
24th Aug 2011, 22:17
For those that have a actual code this is great...for the rest of us its nice to know should we ever get our code! ;)

dennis9989
24th Aug 2011, 22:48
I have just had my PC version of the Augmented Edition and have a leaflet saying when and where all the bonus items and mission are availalable.

Extra weapons and credits, including the Remote-detonated explosive device will be added to your inventory at the start of the Sarif Manufacturinf Plant mission.

Running on the 360 and I did the plant mission and no remote detonator. Any idea?

TDG
24th Aug 2011, 22:50
"Extra weapons and credits, including the Remote-detonated explosive device will be added to your inventory at the start of the Sarif Manufacturinf Plant mission."

Does this apply for the Tactical whatever pack? That's the one I got, and I put in the code *after* the first mission...now I've got nothing.

Am I just supposed to automatically get the weapons? Cause I figure I can't now since there's not enough room in my inventory...

Do I have to start over now to get them?

Shaderhacker
24th Aug 2011, 23:35
Where do you even enter codes in the game?

MrJoy
24th Aug 2011, 23:48
And may I ask who told you that the game has to be restarted ?

Here's the post :

as we've been discussing sounds like you will have your code shortly

So glad this has been resolved :)

As i said tho, if you play through you WILL need to start a new game after putting the code in..

cartridge
24th Aug 2011, 23:54
I am curious, are there any plans to release the bonus items/mission as DLC?

zorb69
25th Aug 2011, 06:28
"Extra weapons and credits, including the Remote-detonated explosive device will be added to your inventory at the start of the Sarif Manufacturinf Plant mission."

Does this apply for the Tactical whatever pack? That's the one I got, and I put in the code *after* the first mission...now I've got nothing.

Am I just supposed to automatically get the weapons? Cause I figure I can't now since there's not enough room in my inventory...

Do I have to start over now to get them?

Have the Aus XBox 360 version: code leaflet in the box has the following:

WARNING: Register your code before starting a new game.

Looks like the items are inserted when the you start each game, so if you want them, yes you have to start over.

Krypter
25th Aug 2011, 08:11
I bought the PC version from Amazon.ca (activated on Steam) and I don't see any codes for the bonus items I was promised. Should I contact Amazon.ca or Eidos Montreal to get something? And where do you enter the code?

tZer
25th Aug 2011, 13:47
I bought the PC version from Amazon.ca (activated on Steam) and I don't see any codes for the bonus items I was promised. Should I contact Amazon.ca or Eidos Montreal to get something? And where do you enter the code?

Write to amazon customer service, you should get your code in a few days.

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 14:06

Is gamestop suppose to mail us the code or something because I didn't see it in the box.

Rainhands
25th Aug 2011, 14:15
Is the silenced sniper rifle available in the regular game or do I need the augmented edition?

PS if you have a boxed version your game code should be in one of the leaflets.

MaceUk
25th Aug 2011, 14:18
Is the silenced sniper rifle available in the regular game or do I need the augmented edition?.

Just in the Aug Edition.

Rainhands
25th Aug 2011, 14:19
That's terrible. You can't even add a silencer to the other sniper rifle.

Edit: Are you sure that the silenced sniper rifle can't be found within the game at a later stage as opposed to the first mission, or is it not available in the regular edition at all?

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 14:22
nvm it was on the receipt. lol smh

oneiro
25th Aug 2011, 15:00

What character would you be referring to? I just finished Hengsha, and I never came across the mission?

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 15:18
What character would you be referring to? I just finished Hengsha, and I never came across the mission?

yeah same. Can someone tell us if its the first time you go to Hengsha or the second?

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 15:26
Is gamestop suppose to mail us the code or something because I didn't see it in the box.

Mine was on the receipt. Try there

MaceUk
25th Aug 2011, 15:28

It doesn't say, just 'a' character.

oneiro
25th Aug 2011, 15:45

According to gamespot, it is the second time you visit Hengsha.

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 16:16
According to gamespot, it is the second time you visit Hengsha.

thanks man :)

Deus.EXE
25th Aug 2011, 23:00
Ah. So that explains why the AUD wasn't appearing anywhere for me. During the Beta I found a crap ton of those things everywhere, but during the actual game I couldn't figure out what happened to them.

MaceUk
26th Aug 2011, 00:14
I have the Longsword Whisperhead, Huntsman Silverback, UR-DEDs and 10,000 credits after the conversation with Sarif in the aircraft on the way to the first mission :)

2 windows popped up thanking me for buying the AE version and I had them and there is a bonus mission after which I get the Linebacker. Kewl!

Cronstintein
26th Aug 2011, 01:04
I really don't like how DLC is implemented in these games. These items should be stashed in the world, not sitting in your starting inventory... it's kinda dumb.
Just my humble opinion.

Dentrick
26th Aug 2011, 01:09

Many people are having the same problem. This has been a frustrating issue because if you didn't get a code then you have no earthly idea what is going on or how to activate it or anything. Theoretically you should get all your stuff on the first mission into Sarif.

Things you can try before talking to Amazon:

You can try checking your E-Mail and/or Amazon account for a "gift" from Amazon with your code. Failing that (probably), you should E-Mail Amazon or get on their chat. They will tell you that their marketing department will get back to you in 1-2 days.