PDA

View Full Version : What do you want in a patch?

miraa
24th Aug 2011, 09:42
So lets say there was a patch coming, what would you want to see in it?

For me, I'd like to see an option to change weapon zoom between hold or toggle. It is set on toggle in the game and can't be changed to hold :(

I think it would be neat as a "hardcore" option if you could turn off the health regen augs as well.

nemo123
24th Aug 2011, 13:07
The ability to skip through the intro logos/movies.

ninja81
24th Aug 2011, 14:14
Better AI in action phase

Shralla
24th Aug 2011, 18:26
Fix SSAO.

HERESY
24th Aug 2011, 19:36
Full 3rd person mode.
+game/new game plus feature.
A "default" button that returns things like aduio, luminosity, etc to the default settings.

Rindill the Red
24th Aug 2011, 19:52
1. All cut content rebuilt for the game.
2. Better animations
3. Melee combat
4. More augs
5. Upgradeable/customizable Jensen

Wait, are we talking about a patch or an "Enhanced Edition?"

DukeLetoIII
24th Aug 2011, 19:54
For patch:

- add option to make iron sights hold vs toggle
- add option to make crouch hold vs toggle
- add option to remove the red screen of near-death
- add option to add item highlighting on items only, not doors/ladders/etc.

---

For future modders, maybe content patch?

- less non-interactive items, more interactive items (it was sad to me when Pritchard ticked me off and I went to pick up a vial off his desk and throw it at his head... and couldn't pick it up). I threw lots of items at npcs in DX1 =P

- revival of old health system, with health packs and medical bots. Regenerating health, while it at least makes role play sense what with augmentations and all, is lame in every game it has ever been implemented.

Rindill the Red
24th Aug 2011, 20:26
In purely technical terms I'd like to see mouse lag, v-sync load times bug fixed... definitely.

Evil Champ
24th Aug 2011, 20:38
Non cloaked take downs only cost 85% battery life, allowing you to let it recharge. Hard enough to sneak up on enemies as is.

djtanng
24th Aug 2011, 21:04
I say get rid of the takedown cutscenes completely, because taking me out of the gameplay DURING the gameplay throws me off balance. Also, make it so that when I set my cover style to toggle, I can exit the in-cover mode by just moving away from the wall, instead of having to hit the button again. Last, but not least, BRING BACK MELEE. Those are my only complants so far.

Edit: I agree with what DukeLetoIII wrote above, about how nice it would be to be able to pick up more random items like coffee mugs, and throw them at peoples heads just to hear all their funny replies when you do it. It's little things like that, that made the first couple of games so fun.

Sharkey1337
24th Aug 2011, 21:07
Allow all batteries to recharge, not just the first battery. If you have 3 batteries and you use all of them, it would recharge one battery at a time in progression: first battery recharges, second battery recharges, and finally third battery recharges.

Maybe decrease the energy cost of a KO melee, one charge seems too much. A kill takedown is ok at 1 battery, but a knockout should be decreased.

Kan3
24th Aug 2011, 21:16
2. Better animations
3. Melee combat
4. More augs

I agree with all of the above and would pay for it...>_>

Also, the option of a game+ feature and the option to be in 3rd-person (though to be honest I more than likely would barely ever, if ever use that feature :hmm:, but it would be nice to be able to switch back and forth). A way more important and wanted suggestion would be the ablility to play as Fedorova. Would end up replaying the game so very many times. Once for each type of pathway and with both Jensen and Fedorova.

jason95821
24th Aug 2011, 21:18
agree with sharkey on the battery recharge fully

would say fix the xp to be balanced but i doubt that is going to happen

Rindill the Red
24th Aug 2011, 22:19
In my personal opinion. If I sneak up on an enemy in a game, I should be able to take them down silently (both non-fatally and fatally).

Mycroftmk2
24th Aug 2011, 23:34
Ammunition/grenades should stack in inventory.

I should be able to pick up multiple weapons. Creating a weapons train from a firefight back to the gun runner to maximize my returns is just a bit ridiculous.

Make the rocket launcher smaller in inventory. Same with the sniper rifle. Or better: Put an inventory box in the chopper.

cartridge
24th Aug 2011, 23:59
I would like all the pre-order DLC included in the patch, and HD cinematics for PC.

Shralla
25th Aug 2011, 00:04
REMOVE THE ENTIRE POINT OF A GRID-BASED INVENTORY

Yeah, clearly your ideas are brilliant.

Dragynfyre
25th Aug 2011, 00:20
-Better body and facial animations in dialogue sequences. Currently NPCs are way too twitchy when they talk.
-Better PC controls. Right now when you buy and sell stuff you have to use the arrow keys. WASD should be used instead. Also there are various other places like hacking, etc. which should have more PC optimized controls.
-Shorter load times. Right now they're way too long and I own a SSD.
-Improve performance. Right now I'm getting 70-80FPS 80% of the time but the framerate randomly drops to the low 40s sometimes which causes stuttering.
-Release the preorder content for free or as paid DLC so everyone can have access to them.
-Ability to skip intro sequences.

littlecats
25th Aug 2011, 00:34
For patch:

- add option to make iron sights hold vs toggle
- add option to make crouch hold vs toggle
- add option to remove the red screen of near-death
- add option to add item highlighting on items only, not doors/ladders/etc.

---

Did you adjust the toggle/hold in the options under game play? My crouch is working with the toggle.

Deltaslayer
25th Aug 2011, 00:59
Remove the shaking heads during conversations.

Arksun
25th Aug 2011, 01:14
The option to download the beautifully rendered cutscenes in true HD quality from Steam.

Rindill the Red
25th Aug 2011, 01:31
The option to download the beautifully rendered cutscenes in true HD quality from Steam.

I agree. KOTOR 2 did something similar a few years ago.

Uuugggg
25th Aug 2011, 04:58
A button for "drag corpse" instead of having to hold Action

Quick save/load buttons (and Load times shouldn't be so long if it's a quicksave from the same level)

Diagonal movement shouldn't be faster

moose o death
25th Aug 2011, 06:12
the loading times are mostly because of vsynch is the established theory in the tech forum. essentially it can load one piece of the file for every frame drawn. let the framerate soar and the load times drop fast. it hasn't solved it for everyone though.

a proper fix would be good.
fix gravity. its way too strong. seems like someone thought a half cyborg should fall faster than a human...shame the laws of physics dont work that way.
options to disable the cutscenes for icarus/takedowns etc
the conversation animations are awful, i'd prefer the characters stood around in their default state than watch them twitch like some monster from silent hill.
a skip button for the opening videos
i agree with the earlier poster about revising the larger weapons. it doesn't even appear you can carry a sniper rifle without inventory upgrades. i'm not sure i haven't been able to collect it yet. this could probably be mitigated by not forcing us to use inventory slots for ammo. the first game didn't and thats the one people wanted remade in HD. ie dx:tc held 150 smg rounds. dx:hr holds 50 per two inventory slots. so to carry 150 rounds and the gun you need 12 inventory slots. the first game took 4. is it because adam jensens coat isn't as baggy and the floral pattern on his shoulders makes it far less scary?

VectorM
25th Aug 2011, 06:51
Some people really need to go back to CoD and Fallout 3 and get the hell away from my Deus Ex.

this could probably be mitigated by not forcing us to use inventory slots for ammo. the first game didn't and thats the one people wanted remade in HD. ie dx:tc held 150 smg rounds. dx:hr holds 50 per two inventory slots. so to carry 150 rounds and the gun you need 12 inventory slots

oh noez, i kant use all wepons in da gaym and i haf kant sprei bullits everiwere, PACH PLIIIIIIZ!!!!!!!

NKD
25th Aug 2011, 06:57
What do I want in a patch? I'm going to be a reasonable human being unlike most, and say that I want fixes for some of the bugs and crashes. Those haven't affected me personally, at least not on my first playthrough (currently on my second), but I'm sure a lot of people would like to see that fixed. Improved load times, if at all possible. Though I guess if that were possible, it would have been done before release.

Major gameplay changes (OMG take ammo out of the inventory! OMG I want full first/third person mode!) are not going to happen in patches, sorry folks. You should try and keep your desires reasonable so that the developers don't have to wade through a pile of bantha poodoo to get to the meat and bones of what we want.

VectorM
25th Aug 2011, 07:01
The ammo thing can be done in a patch, so can other stuff, related to general balance. However, if you want the ammo change, then sorry, why the are you even playing this game, seriously? You want to have 1000 weapons in your inventory, go play New Vegas or something. In this game, you pick carefully and you SPECIALIZE, I know that sounds horrible, not being able to do everything, but sometimes, you just have to
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp24kjKOxy1qdyq52o1_400.gif

MintySocks
25th Aug 2011, 07:19
I really only have two complaints.

1) Load times. I'm running a fairly decent rig, but my load times are LOOOOONG. I'm willing to wait, but hey, I wouldn't mind.

2) Boss fights.

I'm playing on Deus Ex difficulty, and for the non-boss fight section of the games it's PERFECT. But...
Boss fights.
Why?
I feel like they were not at all designed with Deus Ex difficulty in mind. I have literally spent well over 2 hours on the second boss fight. I'm not great at games or anything, but I did play the HELL out of the first one and at no point was I stuck for 2 hours on anything.

I'm not asking to have them removed, or to make them skippable through dialogue or whatnot, but could they be made just a little easier?

Jetsonix
25th Aug 2011, 15:26
I would like to see more inventory space for sure. I have upgraded to maximum inventory size using Augmentations in game but still need more room...Double the size please! and MORE AMMO please!!! so we can have fun just having fun shooting :D . Jump height using Augmentation is cool but needs to be higher...9ft not high enough...make it 20ft. I have only completed Detroit so not sure if there are any vehicles or motorcycles we can use later on but it would be nice....that's about it...game is almost perfect! :) Boss fight was really hard at end of Detroit...i unloaded two rocket launcher rockets into him and he didn't die...i think Bosses on a timer where you have to fight a certain amount of time before they go down regardless how much ammo you put into them...so...yea nerf the Bosses....and I am playing on Easiest mode

TheYouthCounselor
25th Aug 2011, 16:06
Real time rendered cutscenes instead of badly compressed FMVs.

macktheknife
25th Aug 2011, 16:33
I want the bloody game to work ffs. And get rid of the interminable 8 intro videos.

DukeLetoIII
25th Aug 2011, 18:25
Did you adjust the toggle/hold in the options under game play? My crouch is working with the toggle.

I only saw this option for Cover, which is there thankfully. I can't stand toggle on anything. I effectively switched the cover button from toggle to hold, but i don't see an option to do that for crouch, nor iron sights. I'd like to hold to crouch, and hold to look down the sites, but both of these are default as toggle without options to change it.

DukeLetoIII
25th Aug 2011, 18:27

and this. i would love this

DukeLetoIII
25th Aug 2011, 18:32
Some people really need to go back to CoD and Fallout 3 and get the hell away from my Deus Ex.

oh noez, i kant use all wepons in da gaym and i haf kant sprei bullits everiwere, PACH PLIIIIIIZ!!!!!!!

lol really? you make yourself sound 100 times more stupid than the guy you were trying in vain to make fun of.

He has a valid point.

The problem is that they'd have to change way too much at this point to make that happen. Hopefully they'll see how much interest people have in making this game "the way they want it" and will release an SDK for modders to go wild with.

This of course hurts their DLC model, so one can only hope!

DukeLetoIII
25th Aug 2011, 18:34
christ so many posts

vertigomaniac
25th Aug 2011, 19:34
New patch huh?....hmm....I would like to see better ai and also a workaround to the melee system. Currently everyone else just stares when you perform a melee kill in front of them and some takedown situations also cause jensen and the enemy to shift locations. I hate that. Would like to see the transitions become more fluid.

Dustin B
25th Aug 2011, 21:26
Fix game stability issues first. This has to be highest priority. I am starting to encounter occasional game freezes while loading a save. Also occasionally notice the game gets glitchy and fixes itself if I save, exit program and start it up again.
Fix glitches in missions that make them uncompletable like the cloak and daggers bad guy spawned in wrong place glitch and others I have read about but not encountered.

Improve loading times, I have an SSD, loads of RAM and a very fast processor and it's still taking a long time to load save games / enter new areas. I don't know how much logic is there but it seems to me most areas have most of the same textures from the previous area and still takes forever to load. Don't understand why. Should intelligently manage loading and unloading of textures (this is a pretty blind guess at why it's slow).

For gameplay improvements, I'd like to see the batteries be able to recharge all the way, not just the first one. If that's out of the question, how about an praxis upgrade to reduce the cost of a take-down so it's 95% of a battery instead of a full one. Also, why are lethal take-downs louder than non-lethal? I think the opposite makes more sense but right now I use non-lethal for stealth then shoot the unconscious body in the head with a silenced pistol as a work around.

Oh and for hacking I want mouse over and press a movement key (forward = capture, backward = fortify, etc) rather than click click click as fast as you can. Feels kinda clumsy. Also, maybe a praxis upgrade that automatically starts fortifying all captured nodes as soon as you've been detected.

Oh and change the dialog UI. If I have three choices, display a vertical list of 3 choices I can mouse over and select or optionally use forward, backward to highlight and action to select. The xbox UI for selecting dialog options is kinda weak when applied to computer. Also, should be able to click the text, not just the corresponding little octagon.

NKD
26th Aug 2011, 00:16
Great patch today guys!

My load times on the PC went from ~15 seconds to ~5 seconds.

Yardwaste
26th Aug 2011, 01:32
The ability to skip through the intro logos/movies.

Ditto!

ReliantLion
26th Aug 2011, 02:36
Options for everything: The thing that makes me say this is whoever said you should be able to back out of cover by pushing away from the wall. I love the cover system in this game, probably the best IMO. So if they did decide to change it, I'd like it to be an option.

Later on down the road, I'd like to see upgraded faces and fewer people on caffeine stunts. There were only a few characters whose motions during dialog were justified.

pha
26th Aug 2011, 03:01
First I want to say that everything is much smoother and cleaner than I had expected. The game didn't crash even once, it's super smooth with high FPS, no stuttering, no hiccups, no Steam related problems, no visual glitches (at least nothing major) and while not perfect the mouse feels "right". There's occasional screen tearing because I disabled VSync but it's nothing unbearable. Anyway here's what I would love to see in a patch:

An option to skip the intros. In another thread jaycw half-jokingly said that we should watch them every time but making them skippable will really be appreciated.

High res vids. Apparently everyone wants 'em and with good reason, frankly I'm a bit disappointed at their small size after all the pre-release jazz about their artistic quality and all the effort to make them. Right now they don't do justice to the overall quality and prestige of the game unfortunately.

Another difficulty level. I picked "Give Me Deus Ex" (don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to brag and it's definitely no picnic) but I believe even this highest difficulty will become easier after a few runs, and frankly I don't want the game to lose its appeal. There should be an extra challenge for masochists.

Some changes to the control layout. I don't even know if it's possible but hotbar keys can double as holster, e.g. when the hotbar item 3 is drawn pressing 3 again can holster it. Pressing "use" when there isn't a usable object can also work as "holster" or "draw last weapon". Just a thought.

Ability to quick load the moment Adam dies instead of waiting for the "game over" screen. Seeing his death... animation... if you will, is really aggravating especially if you're stuck at a tough spot where you keep dying. Edit: My bad, it works.

Command console to mess with stuff.

And an option to remove head bob please.

eastcoasthandle
26th Aug 2011, 03:05
If any NPC in the game is non lethally taken down they should be able to awaken from their slumber after a few minutes. If that is not possible to code simply reset them to their original location once you leave that area. So that when you return to that area, they are positioned in the same location before the take down.

motsm
26th Aug 2011, 03:07
Dev console.

nukedukem
26th Aug 2011, 03:17
I want to be able to play in DX11 without the game crashing every time.

Kyle873
26th Aug 2011, 03:47
Dev console.

This.

Lirezh
26th Aug 2011, 10:00
It hurts immersion that you can shoot a piece of toilett paper or a can or any small stuff and it does not move.
99% of all objects can not be moved and I really don't understand this design concept! It makes the world feel much less real.

After all these objects are placed and I suppose their are 3d models and clipping parameters available for them.
Can't they be made interactable ? At least a good part of them ?
In DX you could move almost anything, even try to stack up strange stuff if you missed the right objects to reach a place.

No idea how much work it would be but imho this is a missing part in DX:HR.

Brockxz
26th Aug 2011, 10:19
It hurts immersion that you can shoot a piece of toilett paper or a can or any small stuff and it does not move.
99% of all objects can not be moved and I really don't understand this design concept! It makes the world feel much less real.

After all these objects are placed and I suppose their are 3d models and clipping parameters available for them.
Can't they be made interactable ? At least a good part of them ?
In DX you could move almost anything, even try to stack up strange stuff if you missed the right objects to reach a place.

No idea how much work it would be but imho this is a missing part in DX:HR.

Blame consoles :rasp: or maybe it is just the limitation of engine.

Lirezh
26th Aug 2011, 10:34
Maybe the CPU power of consoles regarding the number of moving objects possible at the same time or so ?
Well a PC Patch would be cool

Lirezh
26th Aug 2011, 10:42
As this is the collection thread:

* high texture pack for download

* Better AI
- Make AI change place behind cover
- Make AI randomly act different (for example go out of cover while you are in cover and wait to place a shot shot)
- Make AI crouch from time to time

* add mirrors :-) Yea I know, that must be an engine limitation that really drove you insane as you placed mirrors all over the place and had to put them in "power save" mode ^^

* Add difficulty level or change the DX level:
- make it a bit easier to survive a hit ( to balance the weapon changes )
- make the low range weapons a LOT more low range
- make the low range weapons less effective for better enemies
- regarding the weapon changes think a bit like DX 1, it's far too easy to stun from distance someone right now

* outside performance - something is strange in the streets. I've performance issues while walking because it looks like DX:HR keeps taking stuff from my DISK !!
I've 16 GIG ram, an OC'd 5870, DX running from an SSD (500+mb/sec) so there should really be no performance issue at all. I think it's a caching problem, it's caching not enough world data or too late.

Aguacater
26th Aug 2011, 11:37
I'd like to see some improvements on performance, I get some random FPS drops that shouldn't happen.
As others said, the animations in conversations sometimes are just silly and weird.

Also, RELEASE THE LANGUAGE PACKS.

Kyle873
26th Aug 2011, 12:11
I'd like to see some improvements on performance, I get some random FPS drops that shouldn't happen.
As others said, the animations in conversations sometimes are just silly and weird.

Also, RELEASE THE LANGUAGE PACKS.

Yeah, I also get that occasional stutter when it loads in parts of the current map, but it's usually not too bad. Hell, them fixing the loading times in itself made my loads go from 20-30 seconds to 5-10 seconds, which made me quite happy.

luckycarbon
26th Aug 2011, 13:28
Option to turn off Head Bob. Please, it makes me very ill.

Options to switch from toggle to hold for sprint, crouch and aim.

What's wrong with the cinematics? Hopefully the fix whatever is making the movies look much worse than general gameplay. Did they implement that stupid film grain feature or something? If that's the case, option to turn that off please.

Otherwise, great game. I've been bug free and they already fixed the mouse issue ( how'd that get through testing?! ).

rastamanfromjama
26th Aug 2011, 13:30
NVidia 3DVision Support would be nice!

Kyle873
26th Aug 2011, 13:36
NVidia 3DVision Support would be nice!

Considering this is an ATI/AMD supported game, I don't see that happening.

Ark_raven
26th Aug 2011, 14:39
I want mod tools.... Making additional missions or even redefining the entire game a la Nameless mod would be fun

Thought about how one or two would play out on this engine... but the differences in melee combat would be a bit of a chore

LtJamesWatts
26th Aug 2011, 15:02
I would like to see:

- being able to switch between first and third person
- a higher resolution texture pack (also the skies need to be in higher res they look really bad)
- cinematics in better quality
- further fixes of bugs and glitches
- a dev console
- being able to skip the intro vids
- an option to remove headbob
- batteries that recharge more
- if possible do something about the boss fights like mentioned in so many reviews
- numerous other stuff that's been mentioned by my fellow gamers and which are possible to implement

All in all an enchanded edition download like its been done for The Witcher and Divinity 2.

Thank you for taking note of this.

MonkeyLungs
26th Aug 2011, 15:15
Please DON'T:
1. Dumb down the inventory. It is fine as is, you can carry way more stuff thasn you possibly need already.
2. Dumb down the battery recharge. You get tons of little candy bars and energy recharge items ... managing resources is GOOD.

For a patch:
1. Remappable buttons for consoles
2. Add ability to edit save names.
3. Give everyone the rescue Tong mission. Gamespot doesn't even respect their customers or the publishers/developers why should they get the best pre-order bonus?

ReliantLion
26th Aug 2011, 16:04
To go along with MonkeyLungs, show a screenshot of the save.

emperorsfist
26th Aug 2011, 16:09
I'd go for the option to set iron sights and crouch to either hold or toggle. Like with cover.

eastcoasthandle
26th Aug 2011, 16:12
Will they actually consider any of the idea's in this thread?

Mystermask
26th Aug 2011, 17:50
You get "tons" of little candy bars and energy recharge items

Tons ? Where ? Why implement a body augment who accelerate the battery gain for only one slot ? It is not stupid ?

IIICHICAGOIII
26th Aug 2011, 17:53
PATCH CLOAK AND DAGGERS

MXConway
26th Aug 2011, 17:54
2. Better animations
3. Melee combat
4. More augs

I like this.

Also, rebalancing the weapons. Non-leathal weapons are currently overpowered. 1 taser shot from my stun gun can take out a heavy armored aug'd up Merc. The same guy can take like 50 rounds from the heavy combat rifle without even slowing down.

MXConway
26th Aug 2011, 17:56
Will they actually consider any of the idea's in this thread?

No. Still fun to see what other people think though.

MonkeyLungs
26th Aug 2011, 18:33
Tons ? Where ? Why implement a body augment who accelerate the battery gain for only one slot ? It is not stupid ?

I have loads of them and I'm not even doing a a complete explorative playthrough. Faster acceleration of the one battery slot means you can take down opponents again faster. If I am just doing takedowns and not planning to use a lot of power I don't ever fill my other battery slots (I have 2 extras) so the speedy recharge is great.

I will concede that this works better for a stealth playthrough ...

If all 3 of my battery slots recharged automatically the game would be laughably easy even on the hardest difficulty (which is what I am playing on).

Maybe this is a much different experience for a non-stealth character and I will have to revise my opinion but for now I wouldn't want all my batteries to recharge.

The inventory really is great, love the grid, love that ammo takes up space and love that I can't carry endless piles of weapons.

P4NCH0theD0G
27th Aug 2011, 03:21
Fully customizable controls and button layouts for consoles (including toggle/hold for ADS and Crouching). Please.

Lorloth
27th Aug 2011, 06:35
* Fix the stutter issue that prevents players from playing and/or enjoying the game

That's it.

Being able to play the game is item #1. Tweaks, cosmetic changes, new bells & whistles, HD videos, etc. can all come in later patches.

CaptainChaos
27th Aug 2011, 06:40
somehow i didn't see this thread through my DX playing too long weary eyes; I posted elsewhere, but in case the Devs are reading it here, my suggestions are for Save Games.

1. Please include screen shots so they are more useful when reloading.

2. Please let us have more than 99 at a time.

3. Weird one: Almost all other games permit me to go into the save game directories on my computer and delete them en masse, so i don't have to manually delete 100 save games, one at a time. Yikes. However, I did that here and the DX game BELIEVES they are still occupying the save space, even though they will not work. Not sure if I did something wrong with Steam, but that was the issue I had.

Anyway, thanks for a fantastic game and for permitting hard saves to begin with. Extremely PC friendly!!

justalookinggl
27th Aug 2011, 09:48
I just hope some devs actually check on these forums and try to bring us a patch !!!!!!!!!!!

In any case the game really need a patch for the following problems to be solved :

1.Fix the low resolution textures on the PC version of the game.If possible to improve some textures on the consoles too(i doubt is possible) then even better.

2.Give us full hd uncompressed cutscenes for the PC version....As they are they really look washed out and low res compered to the actual game.

3.Add as an option a few function keys so some moves like crouch need to have a button pressed not just have a toggle button.

4.If possible at this point ,improve the character animations.

5.And last if possible add Nvidia 3d support.

Iron and Copper
27th Aug 2011, 17:06
PATCH CLOAK AND DAGGERS

Second that, total shame.

Iron and Copper
27th Aug 2011, 17:25
PATCH CLOAK AND DAGGERS

Second that, total shame. I fear that's a whole scripting, story arc concern. If they had it written and left it out for whatever reason then maybe, but I doubt it.
I don't think they should make the inventory bigger, fix the weapon proportions maybe. If you take the rocket launcher or sniper rifle as a standard and compare the grip sizes, the pistols are enormous. The tazer is small and clearly folds up but has the unfortunate dragons tooth flaw of staying huge when not armed.

I'd love more interactive objects.

Bring back the npc reactions we all saw in the trailer, give them some health as well.

Please let me shoot up limb, sarif hq etc. That really bummed me, would like the little Hoover bots working away back too. They are rendered in the background all ready.

Would love smarter ai, and also things like them running when injured or dropping their weapons if shot.
Better damage dispersal, I don't like missing with a rifle and hitting a limb but have them still die.
I would like better augmented ai and npc characters. Not just in limb, make the augs count. Shot to the arm or leg shouldn't kill them maybe break something but that's back to a damage system again.

I would like to see stronger contrast and shadowing too.

I hope new augs get released in patches or as dlc. There's space there for them

TROOPER181st
27th Aug 2011, 17:55
- stutterfix
- better hightextures
- HD cutscenes
- 3rd person view

and i am a happier person

cachx
27th Aug 2011, 18:27
You know what I would love?
Some kind of stats feature to keep track of how many people you have killed, how many times you have been seen and so on. It would be really useful for people going for the achievements.

P4NCH0theD0G
27th Aug 2011, 19:37
Fix Iron Sights misalignment.
I can confirm that in the Xbox 360 UK/PAL version the combat rifle shots are actually below where the Iron Sights point. The shots are where the barrel would be, so that when you shoot at a wall, for example, you cannot see the bullet hole, unless you look down. It makes head shots really difficult, since you have to aim so far above the target that you can't see it anymore.

Rivvik
27th Aug 2011, 22:25
I'm on 360 (be gentle), but there's a few things that are kinda lacking from this already great game: First off, please allow console users to change the button layout, as the default ones are very odd to play an First person style game with. Second, a delete save option. and lastly a hold/toggle option for iron sights/scopes, to coincide with the ability to change the buttons.

A sortable inventory could work too. Its not a dumbing down, if anything my idea is just to fix clutter. Just allow it to be sorted by item type, kinda like how the quick inventory already does. Or even have a tabbed inventory system so that you can separate out weapons, consumables, explosives, and ammo for easier perusal. Similar to how the game automatically makes the non-viable weapons and items disappear during the "combine" command, except this will dim them, instead.

This game is fantastic, and I'm gonna be going back to it after this post. :D

Jordasm
27th Aug 2011, 22:48
You know what I would love?
Some kind of stats feature to keep track of how many people you have killed, how many times you have been seen and so on. It would be really useful for people going for the achievements.

THIS.
Would be really, really, really helpful.

P4NCH0theD0G
28th Aug 2011, 05:36
Fix the Iron Sight Misalignment when having a gun equipped with the Laser Sight Mod.

A gun equipped with the Laser Sight Mod will always shoot its bullets where the laser points, even when you aim down the Iron Sights. Since the Laser is mounted below the barrel and the Iron Sights are above it, this results in shots hitting quite significantly lower than where your Iron Sights aim.

If you want to try, start a new game and once you get the Combat Rifle, fire a few shots at the wall with and without aiming down the Iron Sights. It's staggering.

There is simply no excuse for letting the laser-sight targeting override the Iron Sights. Which is exactly what happens here: It's not "The Laser points where the bullets will fly" but "the bullets will fly where the laser points, even if you aim down the Iron Sights and can't really see the laser". So what, I have to choose between the Laser Sight or the Iron Sights? I can't have both? How exactly does that go with any semblance of either reality or video game logic?

This has to be fixed. It's preposterously obvious and hugely detrimental to the game. It's in the very first mission you play, the very first taste of combat you get is broken, and I've known people to put down games for much less. It's something that I might even consider a game breaker, and it does not speak well of both Eidos and its QA/game testers. No matter who you blame, something like this should never get past the beta-testing stage.

Woopzilla
28th Aug 2011, 09:29
I've actually stopped playing this game because of the performance problem. I'm waiting for the next big patch and therefore don't know of all the things that need fixing, but so far it would be:

Stutter fixed and performance optimized for PCs
All quest bugs fixed (Cloak and Dagger, etc...)
Every other bug that has so far been discovered by people fixed (iron sights with laser upgrade accuracy, etc...)
New Game+
HD cinematic videos
Skippable Intros

TheYouthCounselor
28th Aug 2011, 11:33
I'd like:

Skippable logos.
HD cinematics, or better yet real time rendered cinematics.
Some sort of stat page that shows your playtime, accuracy, bullets fired and how many people you've killed and alarms you've set off. (The latter two being very useful for the "Pacifist" and "Foxiest of Hounds" achivements.
A SDK.

Soureal
28th Aug 2011, 12:28
Nvdia 3D Vision support. Thanks :-)

aragorn256
28th Aug 2011, 12:49
To be able to play the game. That would be awesome....fingers crossed.

GARrus
28th Aug 2011, 12:57
Make the Plasma and Laser rifle appear earlier. Make Tong's annoying ass kill able. Oh also the linebacker earlier. Make Megan kill able, ***** deserves it. Some XP bonuses for shooting would really be nice. Make lethal take downs give the same XP as non-lethal. Oh yeah, why can't we just go to Tong's office and hack his computer?

I'm sure I've got more but I can't recall them right now.

Ah yes, I'd be nice if we had some sort of storage device for weapons and ammo that travels with us from city to city, that way nothing goes to waste if you've built up clutter or upgraded weapons.

Dark Phoenix
28th Aug 2011, 15:31
I vote for - No Auto Regen. Period. It's just not Dues Ex without having to use a medkit.

P4NCH0theD0G
29th Aug 2011, 05:25
Option for Non-Lethal Takedowns when punching through walls.

Different/customizable button layout for consoles to make an action-oriented approach seem more in tune with a regular shooter experience:

LS: Movement; RS: Aim; L3: Sprint(Hold or Toggle); R3: Crouch (Hold or Toggle);

LT: Iron Sights (Hold); RT: Fire; LB: Cover (Toggle); RB: Grenade

The rest can stay as is.

Southpaw/Lefty controller layouts.

Eliminate the grunting sound Jensen makes when using an AUD.

Silent Lethal Takedowns.

Recharge of all Energy Bars - or - One Big Energy Bar slowly recharging and Takedowns cost one fourth of the bar - or - Energy Bars recharge as long as not fully depleted, Takedowns cost 90% of one bar.

XP-Balancing between Lethal and Non-Lethal approaches.

Freely modifiable weapons, i.e. Mods and Upgrades can be installed and de-installed at special workbenches in hub safe houses.

A "put things into a container" mechanic, so you don't have to just throw stuff on the ground.

psikoticsilver
29th Aug 2011, 05:33
Option for full first person view.
Better news-tablets (interactive, more pages).
A few more side quests that relate to the storyline, rather than serving as time fillers.