PDA

View Full Version : why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is awesome

coldenhas
24th Aug 2011, 07:33
so i am a super hardcore gamer but i am super picky about my games and gameplay.
even though i love video games i'm not the greatest player so when i decided to play DEHR on hard for first playthrough i figured it would be possible but annoying.
what i have noticed is that even though this game is super hard for a run and gunner like me i have learned to adapt my playstyle to one suited for this game, aka i'm a sneaky bastard.:rolleyes:
now even though i'm learning what all it takes to be a stealthy Adam Jensen i'm still dying A LOT:mad2:. but i am not irritated or annoyed at this game.
instead what my deaths teach me unlike most FPSs is that when i die it means i did something wrong and if i desire to not die i need to reevaluate what i am currently doing to be successful.

Eidos Montreal and Deus Ex Human Revolution thank you for not making/being another boring, brainless FPS and actually making a game that allowing me to grow as a player.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Aug 2011, 07:42
Thinking man's shooter? Or is that even an insult.

coldenhas
24th Aug 2011, 08:04
Shadowrunner;1656811']Thinking man's shooter? Or is that even an insult.

that is actually a good summation of what i was trying to say.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Aug 2011, 08:29
I would say it doesn't fully describe DX1.

In Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines 90% of the gameplay is watching, waiting, listening. Studying enemy patrol routes. In DX1, player is rewarded for the same. So I was a bit surprised when Eidos decided on regen, because backtracking was also a hugely rewarding part of the game, to discover that troops had been re-inforced at Versalife, or to see that the Ford Shick rescue area had a cave in. So it's highly stealth and tactical, but also as I say it doesn't fully describe DX, which challenges your moral and philosophical perceptions of society and of force and measure of force. I would imagine some cops are playing DX3 right now and are being stunned by a game challenging their perceptions of who is a bad guy and who isn't and whether shooting them was necessary. In any case, when you have played a DX game a million times, the only challenges left tend to be using no augs, hurting no-one, stealing nothing. If only life offered you that "restart game" function.

GhostRider51
24th Aug 2011, 08:57
DE:HR will be definetely be the GAME of the YEAR! Thank you, thank you, and thank you again, Eidos Montreal, thank you all for that 4 years of HARD working on this title, and still working on it, hopefully, for an expansion maybe and also of course a little patch. :D BTW AMAZING storyline and gameplay.

Cya all! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: