PDA

View Full Version : No "Subtitle On/Off" option for Onlive version

JusticeArts
24th Aug 2011, 03:57
Hi, I’m 30 years old and like many I’ve been waiting for this game for a while. I chose to pre-order the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex HR through Onlive, and come to find out on release that the game’s “Audio” options have been removed from this version for some reason. It’s common to see options locked or removed for Onlive, especially with video options, and I understand why they do this. I just don’t understand why Deus Ex HR’s “Audio” options have been removed from the Onlive version, since it mainly consists of volume controls.

My reason for bringing this up is that I’m the type of gamer that always turns off the subtitles before starting a game. It makes it feel more cinematic, and I can immerse into the story much better. One thing I hate more than anything in a game is one that defaults subtitles “On”, lol. I’d love to manually turn them off myself but the “Subtitle On/Off” option is listed under the game’s “Audio” options which have been removed from the Onlive version. I’m currently in school for Game Art & Design, and I’m sure it’s as easy as flipping a switch to add the “Subtitle On/Off” option back to the Onlive version, since the game originally comes with this option.

Please, please take this into consideration since this issue can only be fixed from that end. I mentioned this on the Onlive forums too but I figured this issue to be something y’all can fix. Since I’ve had the game I’ve only played about 20 minutes of it because all the subtitles are driving me crazy, lol. I’ll be looking forward to a game patch, and thanks for any help!