PDA

View Full Version : Art Direction

Taper
24th Aug 2011, 03:45
Just curious Eidos, why the decision for all of the environments to look so sterile? There's almost no grit or grime and I don't see any cleaning bots roaming around unless they're STEALTH cleaning bots....dun dun dunnnnnn!

Kinda blah in my opinion. Was curious though. Surely there has to be a reason.

flunkorg
24th Aug 2011, 03:59
The black and gold renaissance aesthetic looks fantastic and fits the game perfectly.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/mastermars21/tumblr_lmev21rJ2c1qk1depo1_400.gif

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Aug 2011, 07:40
I think he's referring to the "plastic" feel, seen in some trailers and videos. Some textures, when you watch on youtube, do seem very sterile. But then when you watch the sewer areas, some areas above ground seem very like NYC in DX1, a lot of trash everywhere. So it doesn't seem that sterile.

sajin
24th Aug 2011, 07:50
I think it's intentional:
The back alleys, abandoned gas station, sewers & gang territory are quite worn, chaotic and dirty.

The military and corporate areas are clean, well structured and impersonal. Also, the cleaning staff and bots are not invisible: Check out the back of the Sarif Lobby for human staff, or the cleaning robot in your office. Also, most areas have a cabinet with cleaning equipment (or its stored in the toilets).

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Aug 2011, 07:52
This would make sense and conform with the Dev statement that 2027 was a more advanced pre-downfall world.