PDA

View Full Version : Introduce 3rd Person Update?

Darklighter
23rd Aug 2011, 18:07
For the record, I love Deus Ex games, big fan of both the original and Invisible War.

But a quick question to someone at Eidos (and anyone feel free to chip in with your two cents) - would you consider releasing an update for Human Revolution (on any platform) to allow you to play the entire game in 3rd person? I know elements of the game (in cover mode) automatically switch to 3rd person, but I've always wondered what a Deus Ex game would play like entirely in this mode.

There's also a lot of other people out there asking the same question - despite it being an awesome game, which it is, people who generally favour 3rd person adventures may be put off by it looking too much like a standard first-person shooter, which of course it isn't. For instance, I'm not sure I would've got Mass Effect if it had been only FPS, and HR has a LOT more scope and features than ME. There's something about seeing the character you're playing as (especially one as cool looking as Adam), especially if you're playing the game stealthily, that makes it more engrossing.

Any thoughts?

mad825
23rd Aug 2011, 18:13
I've always wondered what a Deus Ex game would play like entirely in this mode.

Get Deus Ex for PC, use command console and type in "behindview 1". Problem solved.

sahdev_92
23rd Aug 2011, 18:18
Get Deus Ex for PC, use command console and type in "behindview 1". Problem solved.

But isn't the view restricted when playing like this?

mad825
23rd Aug 2011, 18:22
But isn't the view restricted when playing like this?

What's your point? s/he ask for a 3rd person perspective even if the game isn't designed for it.:rolleyes:

AlexOfSpades
23rd Aug 2011, 18:45
What about a fully first person update?

*o*~~

Ashpolt
23rd Aug 2011, 18:59
What about a fully first person update?

*o*~~

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/Pesttanz87/ScruffySecond.jpg

ZakKa89
23rd Aug 2011, 19:05
What's your point? s/he ask for a 3rd person perspective even if the game isn't designed for it.:rolleyes:

touche

OP, it's not true that a lot of people want this. I've only see a couple of people ask for it. It's a terrible idea, srry.

JacobBHE
23rd Aug 2011, 19:24
Same with lean keys, blue filter and fully first person.

BigBoss
24th Aug 2011, 02:56
just give a damn toggle, I don't think that's asking too much (I could care less if the camera clips)