PDA

View Full Version : BUG REPORTS (in game)- All issues/discussion - BEWARE: Spoilers Inside

Pages : [1] 2

DanundHibiko
23rd Aug 2011, 17:46
Error With Dues Ex:Human Revolution on the Xbox360

First off, I was salivating over my control throughout the entire play of the first level. But at the Cinematic Cutscene I had taken too long on the second "input" where you Empathise, Humble or such against the leader and reloaded in haste. Upon going through the door and NOT skipping any cutscenes, I found myself entering "Let her go" option...and nothing. I got a looped graphic of the girl sobbing and him switching between looking at me, then the hostage with a gun to her head. The in-game cutscene never happened, and I'm stuck. Some factors that led up to this encounter:

A) I was playing "Nice guy" with the ranged tranq Rifle. Didn't kill anyone.
B) I died numerous times trying to figure out how to properly knock out or avoid enemies.
C) I avoided the last room leading up to the leader completely with some very lucky stealth.
D) Did not use any of the augmentation points, opting to save up instead.

Now, I reloaded AGAIN and got the exact same issue. Then I reloaded, and saved right in front of the door to the cutscene, and got frozen again in the exact same spot.

I hope this helps you figure out what's causing the error. Please fix soon! I'd really like to save the hostage =(

Genome852
23rd Aug 2011, 19:31
When moving forward (or backward) + strafing left or right, so that you're moving diagonally, you gain a major speed boost as if running at 200% speed. It's even faster than sprinting.

If you've played Goldeneye 007 on N64, it's like that.

Hopefully this gets fixed.

edit: I hear this only occurs on the PC version of the game.

Fluffis
23rd Aug 2011, 19:40
When moving forward (or backward) + strafing left or right, so that you're moving diagonally, you gain a major speed boost as if running at 200% speed. It's even faster than sprinting.

Maybe post this in the Tech forum?

Solid_1723
23rd Aug 2011, 19:40

Are you talking about the final version?

If so I'm surprised they didn't fix this already as it's a very obvious issue.

Genome852
23rd Aug 2011, 19:57
Maybe post this in the Tech forum?

Since this affects not only me but is a general problem with the game, I don't see why I would post it in the tech forum (almost all threads are about crashes or other isolated problems). Thanks for your sarcasm, though.

Are you talking about the final version?

If so I'm surprised they didn't fix this already as it's a very obvious issue.

Yes it's in the final version.

Fluffis
23rd Aug 2011, 20:01
Since this affects not only me but is a general problem with the game, I don't see why I would post it in the tech forum (almost all threads are about crashes or other isolated problems). Thanks for your sarcasm, though.

No sarcasm. The Tech forum is the place for tech issues. Simple as that.

JazzyJeff
23rd Aug 2011, 23:27
I haven't seen this anywhere else, so maybe it's just me, but this bug does not allow me to complete the "Motherly Ties" quest. I talk to Cassandra Reed, and at the end of the dialogue, it just kind of sits there. Here is a video I uploaded to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Sorry for the poor video quality.

Here is the link. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mae3MOhxe-0)

This is the 360 version, by the way.

CJ78
23rd Aug 2011, 23:27
"The URL contained a malformed video ID"

Could you try again or just post the link?

JazzyJeff
23rd Aug 2011, 23:31
@CJ78: Yup. Sorry, YouTube thing didn't want to work.

CJ78
23rd Aug 2011, 23:33
Shall I assume that you've tried not skipping through all of that? :P This didn't even happen in the pre-build.

Have you found the bracelet? That might be a loophole (looks like a bug)

I can tell you that she doesn't even give you anything :P I think it was like 1000 xp or something :P Oh wait, that's something...

JazzyJeff
23rd Aug 2011, 23:37
Yeah, I have tried not skipping. I was just doing it there so you didn't have to sit through three minutes of dialogue. I don't recall finding the bracelet. I'll look for it and report back if it fixes it. Thanks for reading!

LordGurciullo
23rd Aug 2011, 23:39
As a constant disgruntled and frustrated pc gamer, I haven't preordered a game in a long long time.
But. After watching the videos of what they did for the pc version, they really sold me on the fact that they do care, and they do UNDERSTAND what PC gamers want and why we play on pc. When I saw that they added in an game fov option I was totally floored and pre ordered that same day.

Personally, I play on pc for mouse and keyboard. Obviously, I assumed that if they go through the time to add dx 11 support and do all kinds of things to the hud/interface and even difficulty (I heard), that basic mouse and keyboard controls would work properly. Amazingly, they were somehow overlooked.

It's almost as if the devs said "Lets do ALL this work to let someone play on 3 screens in 3d (which almost no one has the computer to do), but lets not fix the mouse or keyboard movement."

What?

2 problems that are in my opinion really disastrous (and obvious) are.

1. Mouse feels wrong. The instant I saw an x and a y axis I was really worried. Setting them both to the same number does not equal a smooth experience. The game was obviously built to be played with a gimped controller and has built in help mechanisms. The mouse needs a total restructure. It does choppy movements that go up then left, (not one smooth diagonal movement), that also feel like there trying to be smoothed out and a bit of negative acceleration (in some areas, like cut scenes). As it is now it feels as if I have a string attached to a control stick duct taped to my mouse. (yes I have tried the supposed "fixes"). *Also, A separate ADS sensitivity would really be appreciated*

2. The absolute core basic keyboard movement is off. When moving diagonally (which I do 95 percent of the time), you move at an increased speed. At first I thought maybe this is intentional and a throwback to the early/mid 90s games and it was the developers choice, but apparently this is not the case (As I've read this is only when using a keyboard). It makes the movement feel extremely clunky, with every direction change feeling like the character weighs 4 tons. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining... as everyone who knows how to play fps moves diagonally almost all the time.

These 2 problems combine make for an experience that really deadens the game.
It's like being in a brilliant life changing movie with a huge rude obnoxious family right behind you (that sneaked in every loud chip bag they could carry).

I'm willing to deal with all kinds of console influence. Things like having to see "press a( my use) to open" forever. Things like "low ammo" flashing on my screen endlessly. Things like duck that is on a toggle, sprint on a toggle, and ADS on a toggle (with no options to change it). But I won't play with these 2 issues.

The game itself looks amazing, but as someone who cares about controls as top priority, I refuse to play what appears to be a masterpiece with these issues. Please FIX THEM.

JazzyJeff
23rd Aug 2011, 23:50
@CJ78: Yeah, went back and got the bracelet and I'm still running across the same issue. Ohhh well. Could be a lot worse, I suppose.

AdenFlorian
23rd Aug 2011, 23:56
Crashes when I try to leave prichard's office after first mission, event viewer error:

Faulting application name: dxhr.exe, version: 1.1.620.0, time stamp: 0x4e53c8bd
Faulting module name: dxhr.exe, version: 1.1.620.0, time stamp: 0x4e53c8bd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x003580bc
Faulting process id: 0x2094
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc61d9d5359fb4
Faulting application path: d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\dxhr.exe
Faulting module path: d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\dxhr.exe
Report Id: 1b65e021-cde1-11e0-8c6a-001fbc017784

This error happened at the same time under system:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

No other errors around when it crashed, and I don't have those ati files in my systemWOW64 folder.

Darktronik
24th Aug 2011, 00:04
I got the same and it got me to remind 007 too haha

But..beside having a speedy boost, it causes some frame skipping too.

I can deal with the speed boost, but this frame skipping kills me.

Dracher
24th Aug 2011, 00:13
Played the game all morning fine. Saved it and shut it down while I went out. Fired the game back up and loaded my saved game only to find this:

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8650/hudbug.jpg

Nothing I do seems to fix the problem. I even tried reloading the entire game, reloading the last auto save, etc.

nayon
24th Aug 2011, 00:13
Hi,

I'm trying to do the mother questline, but when I try to talk to Chet Wagner, he blows me off, saying he has nothing more to say to me, as if I've exhausted my conversation options and pissed him off. But I haven't even talked to him! I can't proceed in the questline because of this. Anyone know of a fix? I'd load back to from when I got the quest but I did a lot of things in between, and I don't want to lose my progress.

Joomkin
24th Aug 2011, 00:23
Hi! I'm stuck on the Tae Yong Medical mission chain. I'm up to the part where I have to steal a TYM employee card from one of the guards. When I killed the guard his employee card fell under the little glass table in the room he's in. I can't get the card at all. That one little table stops me from progressing through Human Revolution. Please get back to ASAP. I'd really like to continue playing!

slash2223456
24th Aug 2011, 00:26
My friend is having the same issue on the Xbox 360. He was trying to complete the side mission Lesser Evil when his HUD went out and is from what we can tell completely unrecoverable. This seems like it is definitely a game breaking glitch =/ he is going to try and return the game tomorrow.

Zim the Fox
24th Aug 2011, 00:54
Hello all, first post here. I got stuck due to what I believe is a bug and would like some help with it.

I got stuck when you find hostage the manager of the Typhoon assembly line being held by one of the purists. I wanted to see where the various dialogues would take me, so I pressed F5 to quick-save when the first prompt appeared and went with the option of fighting the purist. I shot him dead, he shot the hostage and I loaded my quick-save. To my surprise, after doing that, the purist was nowhere to be found and the hostage was lying on the floor. Talked to her and she asked about the other hostages in the factory; I tell her they died (even though I had indeed saved them). She then starts to cry and my screen goes black (Though the game still responds: I can shoot and move around).

I'd appreciate any help, it took me three hours to get there so I don't really want to start over.

Molasses
24th Aug 2011, 01:20
Had been playing for a while. Now all the saved games have vanished and I have to start over.

Risingred
24th Aug 2011, 01:23
Bug:

The side-quest to take down T-Bag or whatever his name is, the gangster boss leader guy in Detroit. You have to knock him out (not kill him) but kill all of his cronies. Well, one of the cronies clipped through the wall and now he's inside of a room that I don't have access to. There's a hacking panel but it's grayed out.

jason95821
24th Aug 2011, 01:26
not sure if it is a bug but 2 things i noticed
frist is energy bar never recharged more than 1 bar
second is the enemeys that can turn invisible were got stuck that way so they would be shooting me and other than muzzle flash i could not see them

8bitogre
24th Aug 2011, 01:47
I haven't seen this anywhere else, so maybe it's just me, but this bug does not allow me to complete the "Motherly Ties" quest. I talk to Cassandra Reed, and at the end of the dialogue, it just kind of sits there. Here is a video I uploaded to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Having the same problem myself on the 360 version. I've tried re-visiting Chets PC, I've tried different choice orders and I've found the bracelet (prior to going to her the first time). I'm all out of ideas!

Shralla
24th Aug 2011, 01:53
Having SSAO on at all causes mouse lag, having it on high causes completely unacceptable mouse lag. The game itself runs fine, so it's not like my system is underpowered. The feature was just implemented poorly.

And like others have said, Perfect Dark-style strafe sprinting is in full effect.

CJ78
24th Aug 2011, 02:00
Bug:

The side-quest to take down T-Bag or whatever his name is, the gangster boss leader guy in Detroit. You have to knock him out (not kill him) but kill all of his cronies. Well, one of the cronies clipped through the wall and now he's inside of a room that I don't have access to. There's a hacking panel but it's grayed out.

Hm...

First of all..

T-bag? HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHH

There is a spot in the "locked" room that can be broken through into from the hallway outside (dunno if you have a spare praxis or a lot of ammo or a grenade :P)

Having the same problem myself on the 360 version. I've tried re-visiting Chets PC, I've tried different choice orders and I've found the bracelet (prior to going to her the first time). I'm all out of ideas!

As I said, you're not missing much of a reward though :/

bzald
24th Aug 2011, 02:20
System: Xbox 360

level: middle is that medium?

First bug? in the start of the game there was no aiming? after i got augmentation i got a scope but no way to keep it steady? which leads me too

second bug? they shoot me three times im dead? i thought at first it was because i had no augmentation

Now the last fps game i played was masseffect 2, i don't mind changing the way i move through the game but if they are bugs i don't want to be :mad2: <----doing that over a bug.

After paying $80 to get the deus ex human revolution Augmented edition i want to make sure i get my monies worth

anyways thanks for the response

TheUdabomber117
24th Aug 2011, 04:09
Anyone having their Smart Vision augment glitch out and not work despite having full energy?

Sean272
24th Aug 2011, 04:16
I've played two different copies of the game, on two different ps3's, and I've been disappointed to find that the game is incredible glitchy, ESPECIALLY in the interactive dialogue cutscenes. I've had random colored artifacts jumping in and out, strange rough-looking shadows (especially on Jensen), and a ton of texture pop-ins. I would really like it if Eidos could release a patch, like they did for the PC version. I don't understand the trend of releasing games before they've worked all this stuff out, and I for one would gladly wait the extra month for the game to come out and play like it should. It's really disappointing though, because it is impossible to fully enjoy the game when every other scene is glitching. It totally kills the immersion, and it's just incredibly frustrating. Is anyone else having these issues?

baxatron
24th Aug 2011, 05:49
Description:

When entering the labs after talking with Sarif in his office the player enters the elevator, exits the elevator and a tutorial prompt appears entitled navigation.

Holding [BACK BUTTON] on the control launches a tutorial window.

Window appears as grey graphic background with text over paused game screen.
A black pane is present in graphic area, where video obviously should appear.

Player can go through the tutorial but with no video displaying in pane.

Allowing the tutorial to end normally or pressing [START BUTTON] to skip locks the game. Must ctrl+alt+del out and kill the game process.

Expected:

Tutorial Videos should play normally
Game should not :mad2: lock when [START BUTTON] is pressed to skip or end tutorial

This happens with DX 11 enabled and disabled.

System
G73jh Asus gaming laptop
ATI 5870 video card
Core i7 Q720 @1.60GHz
8.00 GB ram
Running Windows 7 64 bit (as admin)
Latest graphics card drivers installed

EDIT: I would note that this seems like a Scaleform issue and not a system issue.

Dciph
24th Aug 2011, 07:45
System: PC

I've completed every portion of the cloak and daggers (met with the bad cop, neutralized the gang in the room and didn't kill the gang leader, and made it through the gang territory undiscovered) quest but its still reflecting that I need to neutralize the MCD gang and I need to do this undetected. I broke into his apartment first, then infiltrated the gang territory, and lastly took out the gang leader. Right now there is an unattainable blue marker in the sky that the game is telling me to get to. If the quest wasn't so long, I'd try the steps again in a different order.

Thanks

moose o death
24th Aug 2011, 09:18
i'm not sure if this is a bug or an awful feature. everytime i jump the character rises in my opinion of normally but as soon as he hits the apex he practically drops like a brick. it's not exactly making the platformy stuff easy.

i figured it was some kind of punishment for augmenting the jump height but the icarus description says it affects falls of over 32 feet. my characters dying after 10 foot drops. either you guys designed a 20 foot gap for instant death or gravity's pulling down too hard and the inertia means unnecesary deaths.

to better describe this standing on the ground, you can jump and it's visually obvious you fall back down at least twice as fast as you rose.

Angel_
24th Aug 2011, 11:08
after the walking intro right before the elavator Ive got a blackscreen.

win7 64bit
quadcore 3ghz
4gig of ram ddr3
gtx 280

thenext0
24th Aug 2011, 11:10
System: PC

I've completed every portion of the cloak and daggers (met with the bad cop, neutralized the gang in the room and didn't kill the gang leader, and made it through the gang territory undiscovered) quest but its still reflecting that I need to neutralize the MCD gang and I need to do this undetected. I broke into his apartment first, then infiltrated the gang territory, and lastly took out the gang leader. Right now there is an unattainable blue marker in the sky that the game is telling me to get to. If the quest wasn't so long, I'd try the steps again in a different order.

Thanks

Same issue here. I have 2 blue "x in traingle" mission markers alerting me that I need to neutralize two more MCD gang members, but it's impossible to get to these markers. I can get within about 30 feet from one direction, and 15 from another, but I'm pretty sure they are clipped into a place I cannot get to. The markers appear to be in the downtown apartments, but something is off. When I stand at either of the windows to enter the apartments and look at my map, I'm offset a good bit from the yellow shaded "downtown apartments" area. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, or if the map is off in that regard.

I'll have to move on without completing this mission for now, and retry it on another play through when a fix is in place (or maybe I'll just get lucky next time). Kind of a downer in what has been such a fun experience so far.

Teevar
24th Aug 2011, 11:12
I have the PC version of DEHR and unlike everyone else, im getting a different bug in the side quest Cloak and Daggers. When i first passed through the DBR place i picked up the weapons stash, deactivated the antenna and met Malik on the helipad. After going through all the stuff when Malik picked me up i looked in my quest log to see the weapon stash part of the cloak and daggers side quest was not completed. I thought i maybe forgot to pick it up so i went all the way back to the DRB only to find the weapon stash underneath the floor in that room by the sewer entrace unobtainable ( i couldn't pick it up). I have googled this problem and looked through forums and cant seem to find another person that has encountered this problem, help me!!!

moose o death
24th Aug 2011, 11:44
i've made a video of the two issues i'm having (long load times and jupiter grvaity) the load times are long enough to chat with someone via the steam overlay. the gravity is strong enough to just about kill someone from slightly lower than second story fire escape stairs (roughly 20 feet) it's clear the character practically teleports to the ground on some larger falls.

surely i'm not the only one who thinks the physics are acting weird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avZrGaUfnuQ

Angel_
24th Aug 2011, 12:55
anyone ?

Saerain
24th Aug 2011, 13:04
I have to say that I don't get it. Nothing seems aberrant about the speed at which you're falling, there.

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 13:09
What drivers you running for your graphics card?

Angel_
24th Aug 2011, 13:32
lates driver on nvidia.com

GTX 280

Eklypze
24th Aug 2011, 14:17
Played through entire mission didn't kill anyone on medium difficulty.
Got to hostage crisis with Zeke.
First chose the let him go option by mistake
Then reloaded to autosave
Second round through I chose the try to free option
then I took to long on the next option and ended up reloading
next time through the game never progressed beyond the first question with the hostage just sobbing in a loop.

FatalSylence
24th Aug 2011, 14:32
1. Mouse feels wrong. The instant I saw an x and a y axis I was really worried. Setting them both to the same number does not equal a smooth experience. The game was obviously built to be played with a gimped controller and has built in help mechanisms. The mouse needs a total restructure. It does choppy movements that go up then left, (not one smooth diagonal movement), that also feel like there trying to be smoothed out and a bit of negative acceleration (in some areas, like cut scenes). As it is now it feels as if I have a string attached to a control stick duct taped to my mouse. (yes I have tried the supposed "fixes"). *Also, A separate ADS sensitivity would really be appreciated*

2. The absolute core basic keyboard movement is off. When moving diagonally (which I do 95 percent of the time), you move at an increased speed. At first I thought maybe this is intentional and a throwback to the early/mid 90s games and it was the developers choice, but apparently this is not the case (As I've read this is only when using a keyboard). It makes the movement feel extremely clunky, with every direction change feeling like the character weighs 4 tons. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining... as everyone who knows how to play fps moves diagonally almost all the time.

1. Mouse feels great to me. It was a little sensitive at first, but I changed the in game settings as well as adjusted the DPI of my mouse and it feels great. Natrual. Like all other games I play.

2. I did notice that. It is sort of odd. It must be a simple code change that adds the speed together due to the fact that two buttons are being pressed. 1 button = Normal speed. 2 buttons = 2x speed.

A simple patch fix, I imagine. Though it's not enough to "deaden" the game for me.

littlecats
24th Aug 2011, 14:38
Played the game all morning fine. Saved it and shut it down while I went out. Fired the game back up and loaded my saved game only to find this:

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8650/hudbug.jpg

Nothing I do seems to fix the problem. I even tried reloading the entire game, reloading the last auto save, etc.

I'm dying in the tutorial on easy. I don't have a health bar or any of the hud on my screen. I'd still die on easy with the hud but at least, I would know when it was going to happen.

mohazek
24th Aug 2011, 14:47
You running through Steam?

Quickjager
24th Aug 2011, 14:51
the small jumps are fine but when you are falling from 2 floors up it does seem to go too fast, im not too concerned on this but yea seems a bit off.
1 min 14 sec load time... feel for you

moose o death
24th Aug 2011, 15:01
it's not so much the speed as it is the warping off your jump arc. if you get pulled down faster than your expecting you'll miss time your jumps. ie you'll jump forward at a 45 degree angle but at the apex will go hurtling down at a 60 degree angle. that first jump where i hit the concrete wasn't meant to happen that way.
but considering the freefall that almost killed me was approx 20 feet and you can jump 9-10 with the leg augmentation. and the load time seriously hurts if your jumping about and failling.

i've since bought the icarus thingy but ran out of places it may be necesary for the time being.

Arksun
24th Aug 2011, 15:30
Watched the vid. Yeah does seem an unusually quick acceleration in the drop of gravity, perhaps something they can tweak in a patch?.

xaduha
24th Aug 2011, 15:33
Preview build had this as well.

Angel_
24th Aug 2011, 15:35
yup

ecto69
24th Aug 2011, 15:38
PS3 version
As I was leaving the Sarif HQ (after completing 1st mission)
I talked with the receptionist lady , there was a choice to ask about 3 different peoples offices. I asked about Jensen's office, when she starts talking, the audio dialog goes into a weird noise looping sound. You can still access the dialog menu and exit from it. However if you try to repeat the dialog no more sound.

Workaround that worked for me, save the game at that point and exit out of game, and restart , the dialog went thru ok. I had been playing only for a few hours, if I had to guess memory leak, as reboots fix those.

mohazek
24th Aug 2011, 15:45
I have done everything imagineable and still can't get it to work. I had points where i could play and it was fine, but when i tried to reload a save it crashed, i had points where it wouldnt start, i had points where i could get to the menu and it would crash as soon as i chose a difficulty level.

You have a RAID configuration?

Xoriat
24th Aug 2011, 15:57
During the first mission, when in the warehouse with the gas bomb and the hostages, the game makes an auto save if you fail to disarm the bomb. So, once you die, you load the auto save and are right back in the room with the gas only to die again!

What would have been nice is for the auto save to make a save point before entering the room, or right after, and before messing with the bomb. That way, if you fail, you can try again.

eastcoasthandle
24th Aug 2011, 15:57
[PC Version]
The health bars, wine, etc don't leave your inventory once it's used up. It turns the inventory slot red but I haven't found a way to remove it. Below is a pic to illustrate it:
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3240/inventoryn.jpg

Those 2 items are no longer part of my main inventory so why is it still there and how do I remove it?

Angel_
24th Aug 2011, 16:48
I have done everything imagineable and still can't get it to work. I had points where i could play and it was fine, but when i tried to reload a save it crashed, i had points where it wouldnt start, i had points where i could get to the menu and it would crash as soon as i chose a difficulty level.

You have a RAID configuration?

not , only using a single SSD

Angel_
24th Aug 2011, 17:32
the black screens occur often during loadings.

SuddenlyRaptors
24th Aug 2011, 17:39
I'm stuck on the sidequest Shanghai Justice. I'm up to the part where I have to search Lee's apartment. I hacked the comp and listened to the answering machine, both triggered dialogue with Malik, but now I can't find anything else to use. I see a baseball bat and a broken clock on the shelf, but neither are highlighted, nor can they be interacted with.

There's another forum post about this, but its not in technical support for some reason:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119924

Anyways, I can't continue in the game since I want to finish this mission, so any help would be appreciated.

Shralla
24th Aug 2011, 18:43
Replace it with something else?

onefunkyone
24th Aug 2011, 19:58
[PC Version]
The health bars, wine, etc don't leave your inventory once it's used up. It turns the inventory slot red but I haven't found a way to remove it.

Those 2 items are no longer part of my main inventory so why is it still there and how do I remove it?

To move quickslot items (1-0), open up the inventory, highlight the item you want to move and press a new key (1 to 0).
To remove an item, open up the inventory, highlight the item, press it's corresponding key.
If the item you want to remove is no longer available (you've used it and it's no longer in the inventory), again, from your inventory page, simply press the item's number.

abot
24th Aug 2011, 20:00
At the end of the quest when talking to Cassandra Reed at the Chiron Building the dialog tree is missing a node.

When you first talk to Cassandra the main dialog tree contains two nodes: "complete quest" and "leave." When you choose the complete quest node there is no "return" node that allows you to go back to the main dialog tree. I cannot complete this quest.

There is a video on You tube showing this http://bit.ly/rquieS so other folks are having issues as well.

Is anyone else having this problem??

jorgecomacho
24th Aug 2011, 20:37
Same deal. It seems that the issue is that there are supposed to be 4 things you explain to her after selecting to complete the quest. Three of them you pretty much have to get, as the motherly ties markers on your map wont move to the next part until you finish investigating the last.

For me anyway, the problem seems to stem from having shot up the police station. The 4th thing you explain to her only appears after you talk to some guy at the police station. For me anyway, the problem seems to stem from having shot up the police station. This should not affect the completion of 'motherly ties', the dialog options early in the chain even acknowledge that I shot up the police station. When the guy says to talk to a cop, it replies that i wore out my welcome at the police station... so at the very beginning of the quest, they knew i had killed everyone in the police station, and hence i couldn't possibly talk to whoever they want me to talk to... but it let me continue. In short, if you killed everyone in the police station, you can't finish this quest at present, due to somewhat lazy/fail programming.

abot
24th Aug 2011, 20:59
"In short, if you killed everyone in the police station, you can't finish this quest at present, due to somewhat lazy/fail programming."

That makes sense cause I killed everyone in the police station. I agree with you, this is a programming failure. If your game is designed where the user is able to use different technics to complete quests the outcome has to accomodate the different user scenarios.

I think this is a design failure as well. You should never have a main quest and side quest overlap with the same characters and locations. A main quest should never effect the outcome of a side quest, hence the name "side quest."

froghawk
24th Aug 2011, 21:13
As I'm sure many of you have noticed, there are some apartments in the detroit apartment complex that appear to be fleshed out on the map but which have doors that don't happen. One of these is located across from Double T's MCB apartment. In the Jenny Alexander mission, you're supposed to neutralize all of the MCBs, but one of them spawned in the apartment across from the MCBs, which has no openable door. Thus, I can't neutralize him and therefore can't complete the mission.

Any idea on how I can get around this bug? Is there any cheat that lets you walk through walls, knock someone out through a wall, or complete an objective without actually having completed it? I can't reload an older save because I've only been using autosaves. I can see him with the vision aug, I just can't do anything about him. He coughs if I pop a fire exinguisher in the hall, but explosives do nothing and I don't have gas grenades (if they're even in the game).

A number of people have had this problem (MCBs spawning in the wrong place), but not all of them have been this inaccessible.

dead_phoenxi
24th Aug 2011, 21:22
I am having a problem with this as well. I did not shoot in the police station before I talked to Chase but I did hack doors/computers. I think I put them on alarmed status at one point in time.

Not so much upset that I have failed the quest (if I truly have). More upset that when I talk to Cassandra one of the options is "complete quest"

Playing on the PC.

ohh well. time to hard save then kill Cassandra so at least I can fail the quest.

This is your fault Edios

http://i54.tinypic.com/qpi9ec.jpg

abot
24th Aug 2011, 21:53
I found a workaround solution for the Motherly Ties Sidequest but it involves having to play not only the side quest but the main quest in the police station over again.

I just hope they come out with a patch for this. I don't know if I really want to play the main quest and side quest again.

Motherly Ties Solution: You must talk to Chase first, ask about everything, then go straight to the police station to talk to Wegner. Just enter to the police station and you can see Wegner, he wont talk to you, so go outside, and get into the police station and find a way into his office on the 3rd floor. In his office, hack his computer, go back outside, and go back into the police station main entrance, talk to Wegner again, he will confesse that he is a corrupted cop. Now you can continue, hack the storage area, get the evidence you need and complete the side quest.

The key is talking to Wegner if you don't you will bug.

Sean272
24th Aug 2011, 22:43
On the PS3, there is an incredible amount of glitching. Examples include multi-colored artifacts popping in and out (with the majority being black and green), strange textures (like long jagged spikes protruding off of characters) popping in and lingering, and weird shadows and lighting issues. This seems to occur most during interactive dialogue scenes, but it is present throughout the entire game. Please patch this soon! This makes the game almost impossible to really enjoy, as so much of the greatness of it lies in its atmosphere, and the severity of the glitches ruin any immersion the game would normally generate.

Arksun
25th Aug 2011, 01:10
Just noticed the moderators are now starting to move all the individual issues threads into this one.

The problem with that is, given replies go in between each other time wise, once they get blended into this single thread you get un quoted replies several posts down the line that no longer make sense cause they refer to a much earlier post on a different issue to the posts in-between, which just makes things more confusing.

Might want to rethink that one.

karnaj0001
25th Aug 2011, 03:28
I am trying to complete the Cloak & Daggers subquest and have accomplished every objective except one: Neutralize all MCB Opposition. I knocked out Double T and shot all his cronies, even the ones in the room downstairs, but there appears to be one more that I simply cannot get to. The problem is, the objective locator indicates that the last guy is on the floor above Double T (level 5 on the map), but as far as I can tell from the map, there aren't any rooms up there, or at least none the player is supposed to be able to get to. I tried going further up the fire escape, but the windows up there don't open and can't be broken. I systematically searched the entire building top to bottom, breaking every box I came across to make sure there were not vents to crawl through: nothing. Then I went around the building (or as much as it will let you go around) to try to find an alternate entrance and nothing. The only conclusion I can reach is that this is a bug.

EDIT: After beating my head against this for so long, I finally just unloaded a clip in the direction of the quest marker in frustration. Apparently this got his attention, and he moved towards me, clipped THROUGH the wall, and i was able to shoot him. Quest complete, finally, but damn that bug was annoying.

On a side note, I'd like to heartily agree with the post directly above me, most games have a whole forum for bug reports, not just one thread where everything gets buried, likely after awhile to never be seen. Same goes for the official spoiler/help thread in the game forum. Please consider establishing new forums so people can get help with their specific problems.

EDIT AGAIN: So I read some more posts and realized I wasn't the only one having this problem, hopefully my solution (accidental as it was) works for someone else too. I would like to address this though:

There is a spot in the "locked" room that can be broken through into from the hallway outside (dunno if you have a spare praxis or a lot of ammo or a grenade :P)

The breakable wall goes into the room on the other side of the hall (Double T's room) not the room where the clipping guy is.

Again, hopefully yall can get his attention with gunfire.

Dustin B
25th Aug 2011, 03:47
I have the PC version of DEHR and unlike everyone else, im getting a different bug in the side quest Cloak and Daggers. When i first passed through the DBR place i picked up the weapons stash, deactivated the antenna and met Malik on the helipad. After going through all the stuff when Malik picked me up i looked in my quest log to see the weapon stash part of the cloak and daggers side quest was not completed. I thought i maybe forgot to pick it up so i went all the way back to the DRB only to find the weapon stash underneath the floor in that room by the sewer entrace unobtainable ( i couldn't pick it up). I have googled this problem and looked through forums and cant seem to find another person that has encountered this problem, help me!!!

In the weapon stash there's a suitcase, if you try to open it, it should update the mission.

Dustin B
25th Aug 2011, 03:49
Just noticed the moderators are now starting to move all the individual issues threads into this one.

The problem with that is, given replies go in between each other time wise, once they get blended into this single thread you get un quoted replies several posts down the line that no longer make sense cause they refer to a much earlier post on a different issue to the posts in-between, which just makes things more confusing.

Might want to rethink that one.

Agreed, they should have a separate forum with individual threads. Devs will be able to better make sense of all the valuable feedback we're providing.

karnaj0001
25th Aug 2011, 03:59
During the first mission, when in the warehouse with the gas bomb and the hostages, the game makes an auto save if you fail to disarm the bomb. So, once you die, you load the auto save and are right back in the room with the gas only to die again!

What would have been nice is for the auto save to make a save point before entering the room, or right after, and before messing with the bomb. That way, if you fail, you can try again.

Or alternatively, you can do like I do, and abuse the hell out of quicksave/quickload.

Reliablesand
25th Aug 2011, 04:16
I've seen some other people posting on this and since I didn't see it on forums and don't want to have the game spoiled by visiting the bug/glitch tracking thread I thought I'd bring it up in an individual thread. Be warned, there be spoilers ahead.

When I try to speak to Megan's mother in the lobby of Jensen's apartment building I run into an issue where I get stuck in the dialogue options. I select all available dialogue options (three) and after the third, regardless of order, I get the dialogue tree back but it is empty. The game must then be ctrl-alt-deleted out of the engage the menu and reload an earlier save.

From other threads I've surmised that part of the quest is to speak with a Chet Wagner who should be in the police station Lobby. I cannot find him there. If it is in any way relevant, I cannot speak with Ryan behind the counter either, though I pissed him off enough when I first entered the police station for him to give me the cold shoulder.

I've retrieved all evidence from the cold storage locker and cracked the safe, but not in that order. I first stumbled upon the cold storage safe after already getting intel telling me it was there, and read all the data pads but did not crack the safe. Spoke with Megan's mom, encountered issue. Later I broke into the police station and hacked Penn's computer, tried Megan's mom again, same issue. Then I found out about the safe that I had somehow missed, went back and cracked it, read the data pad and took the bracelet, went to Megan's mom, but no good. If it matters, I cannot see Megan's bracelet in the inventory screen after picking it up.

Other details that might help debugging. After first taking the quest I talked to Megan's mom again right after initially speaking to her while still outside Sarif industries. She asked what I'd found and I left. I tried to talk to her later after I though I completed the quest before entering Derelict Roe, which is when I first encountered the bug. At this point I have completed all quests and my plane is waiting to take me to the next area inside derelict row, and I am encountering the issue. After I try to speak with Megan's mom after picking up the bracelet (still not in inventory) I still only have three options for dialogue.

Just to throw more stuff out there, I've heard that people who speak with Megan's mom again before completing the quest seem to encounter the bug more. My entry into the police station raised alarm and got violent, for all I know I may have killed Chet Wagner if that is possible. I did not use social aug on Megan's mom's informant (don't recall the name)

Also, I have already checked for the most recent update and am currently up to date as much as Steam has updated.

Good luck figuring it out guys. Great game otherwise, it really is Deus Ex.

Rheynger
25th Aug 2011, 04:36
I've seen some other people posting on this and since I didn't see it on forums and don't want to have the game spoiled by visiting the bug/glitch tracking thread I thought I'd bring it up in an individual thread. Be warned, there be spoilers ahead.

When I try to speak to Megan's mother in the lobby of Jensen's apartment building I run into an issue where I get stuck in the dialogue options. I select all available dialogue options (three) and after the third, regardless of order, I get the dialogue tree back but it is empty. The game must then be ctrl-alt-deleted out of the engage the menu and reload an earlier save.

From other threads I've surmised that part of the quest is to speak with a Chet Wagner who should be in the police station Lobby. I cannot find him there. If it is in any way relevant, I cannot speak with Ryan behind the counter either, though I pissed him off enough when I first entered the police station for him to give me the cold shoulder.

I've retrieved all evidence from the cold storage locker and cracked the safe, but not in that order. I first stumbled upon the cold storage safe after already getting intel telling me it was there, and read all the data pads but did not crack the safe. Spoke with Megan's mom, encountered issue. Later I broke into the police station and hacked Penn's computer, tried Megan's mom again, same issue. Then I found out about the safe that I had somehow missed, went back and cracked it, read the data pad and took the bracelet, went to Megan's mom, but no good. If it matters, I cannot see Megan's bracelet in the inventory screen after picking it up.

Other details that might help debugging. After first taking the quest I talked to Megan's mom again right after initially speaking to her while still outside Sarif industries. She asked what I'd found and I left. I tried to talk to her later after I though I completed the quest before entering Derelict Roe, which is when I first encountered the bug. At this point I have completed all quests and my plane is waiting to take me to the next area inside derelict row, and I am encountering the issue. After I try to speak with Megan's mom after picking up the bracelet (still not in inventory) I still only have three options for dialogue.

Just to throw more stuff out there, I've heard that people who speak with Megan's mom again before completing the quest seem to encounter the bug more. My entry into the police station raised alarm and got violent, for all I know I may have killed Chet Wagner if that is possible. I did not use social aug on Megan's mom's informant (don't recall the name)

Also, I have already checked for the most recent update and am currently up to date as much as Steam has updated.

Good luck figuring it out guys. Great game otherwise, it really is Deus Ex.
I'm having the same problem on 360. It's beginning to piss me off.

xGorath
25th Aug 2011, 05:39
I am playing Cloak and Dagger and at the leg of the mission where i have to take down double-t (on PC).

One of the mission objectives is to eliminate all gang members. As several have mentioned, there is one gang member who appears to be stuck in an inaccesible room across the all from double-t's apartment.

That's a long mission, and i am almost done and want to complete it!

mowngle
25th Aug 2011, 05:45
I'm also having the same problem. In response to the original poster, I had already gone into the police station and 'riled things up' as it were. When I went to talk to the retired security officer Jensen said "oh, probably wouldn't be welcome in the police station..." despite...also needing to go into the police station to hack the captain's PC and get to the evidence.

sad face :(

FluffyPuppy
25th Aug 2011, 07:33
It doesnt matter if i even start a new game reload exit buildings, I know I go to the right spot for Cloak and daggers. Double T is not with the MCB's like he supposed to be he doesnt spawn in the bedroom. I see arrows for a mystery npc in inaccessible areas.

I am not alone on this issue if you look around google for Double T, cloak and daggers help etc.

I am in the correct place. The npc is not there in the bedroom where he supposed to be. Other people have gotten him to spawn correctly by going in buildings exiting reloading. Whatever the sollution is, Its not working for me.

kinda frustrated here. Is there a no clip console or something so i can knock this guy out in the random bad spawn hes in and just get on with my quest? I wanted to complete all the side quest.

im on The hardest difficulty and have encountered no bugs except this one. BLAH! its always gotta be something. i must have reloaded, restarted, moved in and out of zones. tried new games. must have added a good hour or 2 or 3 to my time wasted.
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

EDIT: I AM ON PC 3ghz rana cpu /12gb ddr3 ram / 1tb noisy 1st gen sata. hd/ 5770 1gb. vcard./ windows 7 home premium oem.

FluffyPuppy
25th Aug 2011, 07:48
ON PC double T is indeed in a wall NOT where hes supposed to spawn. this is frustrating! i wasted so many hours thining something was wrong but he was in the wall... Hes bugged! ive done everything to confirm i played the game and followed through right... you can even start a new game hes not where hes supposed to be.

hes in the bedroom with the mcb ballers on the consoles. but on PC for me and others.. Hes not there! hes in some mystery zone.

blah i shoulda never preordered.

Nevodka
25th Aug 2011, 09:02
After confronting Zhao, doing the boss fight, and finding Megan Reed, she asks me to go down the elevator and active the button to open the rooftop. I do as asked, go down the elevator, hit the button, there's a bunch of disoriented guards in the room wandering about. The problem is after hitting the button, nothing comes through the roof. The roof opens, the door in the room i'm in remains unusable, and the guards continue wandering about disoriented. I've watched a video depicting this scene and after the roof opens, Malik is supposed to fly through the top. The issue here I think is Malik died in my game, exploding her helicopter to take out some baddies. Is there no way to continue with the questline if Malik dies..? I know it's not a glitch that she died, there's dialogue with her and Pritchard regarding it.

tl;dr press button roof opens no helicopter due to Malik being dead, stuck in the room without quest advancing.

RESOLVED: The problem was I upgraded 2 of my augments after the dialogue with Reed. It caused the helicopter on the pad not to appear when I went down. Went back to my save right after the boss fight, redid it, worked fine.

jaywalker2309
25th Aug 2011, 10:44
ON PC double T is indeed in a wall NOT where hes supposed to spawn. this is frustrating! i wasted so many hours thining something was wrong but he was in the wall... Hes bugged! ive done everything to confirm i played the game and followed through right... you can even start a new game hes not where hes supposed to be.

hes in the bedroom with the mcb ballers on the consoles. but on PC for me and others.. Hes not there! hes in some mystery zone.

blah i shoulda never preordered.

We've had many people pass this point without issue.. there are sometimes little things you THINK you may have done but need to double check etc..

eot
25th Aug 2011, 10:56
Applying a Rate of Fire upgrade to the Assault Rifle takes away the sound effect when firing. Other upgrades I have applied are Laser Sight and 2-3x Ammo Capacity

killerp
25th Aug 2011, 11:22
The exact same issue happens with my PC Steam version when I tr to complete that quest, looks like a bug across all platforms I think, skip that quest & move on I suppose :mad2:

FluffyPuppy
25th Aug 2011, 11:36
We've had many people pass this point without issue.. there are sometimes little things you THINK you may have done but need to double check etc..
for cloak and dagger
alright There is supposed to be 6 npcs at the mcb area. its accessed through, the fireescape stairway by the basketball court. You can enter on the 3rd or 4th floor, the auged gangsters are on the fourth floor. As confirmed by other people Double T is supposed to be with that group on the fourth floor. Sometimes when i go there, there is 4 npcs. mostly 5, and a mystery npc in the wall I know theres a wall to break, i have hacked the door used the passcode. stunned all the npcs, killed all the npcs.

The Quest is ACTIVE. so unless i have to do something very special like make it inactive sing a song and then reactive it in a special spot i have no idea what to do.

Ill quote people who have shared my experience... or you can read this.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deus-ex-human-revolution/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-60114086&pid=944089

My quest log is COMPLETE, except for double T for cloak and daggers. i have followed advice other people have used. there is supposed to be 6 npcs. i only get 5 everything else is greyed on the cloak and daggers quest. if i make it inactive theres a new blue icon but it cannot be seen on the map. if i make it active it dissappears.

I would like to know what I missed? I killed EVERYONE outside the building. inside the building but there was a mysterious yellow arrow on my minimap being alarmed. sometimes the 6th green arrow is there but then it dissappears when im on the MCB's floor and turns a darker grey(different floor) and then dissappears.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/2011082500002.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/2011082500003.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/2011082500001i.jpg

i have taken the assasination, i have the crossbow, i have talked to omally, i even pheremoned for extra cash. the last and finaly thing i need is double T and hes not where hes supposed to be. and his quest icon only appears when its inactive... even then hes no where around. i posted screen shots thats where he is supposed to be! unless theres some twist and hes in a new place..

If there is some trick to this or way to pass it please do let me know..

at 2:18 in this video this confirms there should be 6 npcs. the problem is many of us do not have 6 npcs or the 6th is in a funny place. please reference my screenshots.. to see taht im doing and did the quest correctly and I didnt miss anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6OkutjhgzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6OkutjhgzI

begalli
25th Aug 2011, 11:50
hey guys , i can't get the shuttle to tai yong medical cause he no appears. im in front of the door but can't get in, i think this is a bug. so what i need to do? tkx guys

BugReporting
25th Aug 2011, 12:06
I'm playing on the 360.

I go through the entire Cloak and Dagger quest, and I've killed all but one of the guys and knocked out Double T. I need to kill one more generic bad dude to complete the quest... but my map marker says that one bad dude is 100 m under the soil, not anywhere near a sewer... if I am a good distance from that map marker, then the marker points at the correct location, 4 stories in the air. When I approach it, it warps back down to 100 m underground.

It's so aggravating that I can't complete the quest at this very last task only for it to glitch out on me. I've tried loading, resetting, going to areas separated by a load screen, but I think that on this playthrough, I won't be able to complete this quest. I've scoured the buildings and the surroundings, but it's hopeless, there's no way to access where this intrepid gang member went.

FluffyPuppy
25th Aug 2011, 12:12
I'm playing on the 360.

I go through the entire Cloak and Dagger quest, and I've killed all but one of the guys and knocked out Double T. I need to kill one more generic bad dude to complete the quest... but my map marker says that one bad dude is 100 m under the soil, not anywhere near a sewer... if I am a good distance from that map marker, then the marker points at the correct location, 4 stories in the air. When I approach it, it warps back down to 100 m underground.

It's so aggravating that I can't complete the quest at this very last task only for it to glitch out on me. I've tried loading, resetting, going to areas separated by a load screen, but I think that on this playthrough, I won't be able to complete this quest. I've scoured the buildings and the surroundings, but it's hopeless, there's no way to access where this intrepid gang member went.

You got double T ! lucky.. i got all 5 of the gangsters but my double T in NOwhere!.. but the eidos guy says we're missing something so >_>.. we gotta look harder... im even investing in the jump to hopefully glitch jump my way to him on the rooftops.

Teevar
25th Aug 2011, 12:25
In the weapon stash there's a suitcase, if you try to open it, it should update the mission.

That's the thing though!! I can no longer select that suitcase, i was able to pick it up the first time i went through but it never completed in my log. Thanks for your response though, i'm hoping i'm not the only one experiencing this problem althought that's the way its looking right now unfortunately :(

worthing01
25th Aug 2011, 13:45
Yeah, I have tried not skipping. I was just doing it there so you didn't have to sit through three minutes of dialogue. I don't recall finding the bracelet. I'll look for it and report back if it fixes it. Thanks for reading!
**PS3**
I also had the same problem with the Motherly Ties quest. I actually retrieved the bracelet and all other suspicious info but when I went to close the quest and talk to the mother to finalize everything, the custscene prompted me to explain all of the suspicious evidence, which seemed normal but then I was stuck in a loop with the mother and Jensen models posturing and shifting with the camera cutting back and forth between them. To make things more odd, there were captions of the background NPC's conversations sometimes with voices. After restarting the game, I completed the hacker microchip removal main quest and revisited the Motherly Ties side quest and the same thing occured. Restarted and tried a third time and got the same result as the previous times. Would like to see this bug fixed as it is not a disc error but an actual programming problem.

Arknsauce
25th Aug 2011, 13:50
After killing Barret in the FEMA Plant my HUD was stuck in "Got struck by an EMP" mode. Its all glitchy and beeping and saying its rebooting but it never has, def a game breaker because I cant aim, have no radar, no ammo count, health bar is screwy, and on top of that it all flashes and glitches out and turns on and off :(. Hope I enjoyed that first 11 hours of gameplay because Im about to do it again!

FluffyPuppy
25th Aug 2011, 14:56

Are you just dismissing ppl with this issue as WE think we have a problem by missing something :/ and not a bug. I have uploaded screen shots and now ill go through the full list for you.

if it pleases you ill even upload a video going through where you have to go for the quest talking and checking everything is done and then going to the spot and showing the npc isnt there.. i have looked at guides and video just to confirm i didnt miss anything because i wasted hours and i know its a spawn problem.

none the less here is the quest's checklist in grey.

Locate Omally's apartment. Checked. hacked into apartment. found evidence hacked computer safe etc.
Meet Omally. checked. from sewers or even over gate left side of police station.
Go to Derelict Row. checked. CLEARED the Area of NPCs and havent been caught.
Get Omally's package. Checked. near the chiron building a entrance into DB's territory i had gotten the crossbow.
Locate DCB's stash. checked. found the weapons, suitcase, rocketlauncher upper wall to break. area is CLEAR.
Locate MCB hideout: checked. found it by basketball court fireescape ladder. highest lvl is MCB. 2 windows.
ID omalley's weapon shipment. Checked.
find one piece of incriminating evidence. Checked.
Find incriminating evidence. Checked. i found in his apartment. i hacked the safe and computer.
Nuetralize MCB. CHECKED.
Knock out Double T. not checked active.. blue font. not where he should be. not with mcb. killed all npcs outside to make sure.
Secondary objectives: do not get seen in derelict row. no check as ive not been seen and i have either stunned or killed all npcs.

So what did i MISS? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: or not think of? I killed everyone to make sure that is outdoors. I killed everyone indoors.

For some people they have the same experience as me with this ghost npc in the wall which gets alarmed or moved around. One person was sucessfull in getting Double T out by firing and he came out from a wall.

Is that what I have to do? i have to fire and hope he unglitches by coming out from the wall after me? seriously..
Ill even upload my save file if you want.

littlecats
25th Aug 2011, 15:19

Did you have trouble hacking the bomb? I'm trying to hack it. I keep hitting the 'e' key but it doesn't go into the hack screen. It just keeps counting down until the bomb goes off. I was able to hack the door to get into that room. It's 658 and counting down when I reach the bomb. It will give me the control panel but not the hacking screen.

If any dev's read this please post the control panel's code number in spoiler tags.

FluffyPuppy
25th Aug 2011, 15:59
Did you have trouble hacking the bomb? I'm trying to hack it. I keep hitting the 'e' key but it doesn't go into the hack screen. It just keeps counting down until the bomb goes off. I was able to hack the door to get into that room. It's 658 and counting down when I reach the bomb. It will give me the control panel but not the hacking screen.

If any dev's read this please post the control panel's code number in spoiler tags.

the code is on a npc gaurd reallly near the room. i managed to knock all of them out without killing them on hardest difficulty. the code is on the pocket sec. read it. press tab.

littlecats
25th Aug 2011, 16:02
the code is on a npc gaurd reallly near the room. i managed to knock all of them out without killing them on hardest difficulty. the code is on the pocket sec. read it. press tab.

Thank you!

FluffyPuppy
25th Aug 2011, 16:36
I'm playing on the 360.

OK! im with you on this one.. It just happend to me! i found DOUBLE T. in the sewers. he aggrod me from somewhere.. i know its him because im by the electricity in the sewers.. he moved closed and DIED somewhere. and then i failed the quest!

I dont know how long eidos can deny theres issues and bugs with this quest because of where npcs spawn. ur final gang member was in the sewers and my double T was in the sewers. makes no sense! obviously its something i did THINK off like the admin said.. >_>// i should have KNOWN! he is inside the wall and floors clipping out..

karnaj0001
25th Aug 2011, 17:03

Ha. I say again sir, HA! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Typical arrogance. This is not an issue of needing to double check. This is a bona fide BUG.

Most are experiencing it with a random one of his cronies, and apparently this guy with Double T himself. HOWEVER, if you read up in the thread a little bit, you will notice that one of the guys you need to take down to complete the quest, (I say again NEED TO to complete the quest, won't complete without it, not an option, no partial credit) spawns (for some people) in an inaccessible room and the only way to get at him currently is to somehow provoke him into clipping through the wall, which might be a workaround, but I daresay is not how the quest is supposed to go.

Granted as you say many people have gotten beyond this point without encountering it. Maybe it doesn't bug for everyone, maybe not everyone bothers with sidequests. But it is happening.

I get that this is DX, where puzzles require thought, and careful consideration. This I know. I can't count the number of times I played through the original over the years. I even forced myself through a repeat playthrough of DXIW. But this is not like that. THIS IS A BUG. Something in the game is not working like it should. In a game we've waited YEARS for. And instead of a solution, we get condescension. Unbelievable.

TL;DR: Forum mods should actually read the posts in the bug report foru- Oh, wait we don't get a bug report forum, we get a single thread where everything gets buried, sorry, the bug report THREAD and realize there really is a problem before talking down to people.

Edited for spelling.

FluffyPuppy
25th Aug 2011, 17:15
MORE bugs for CLOAK and dagger. Right now i am not in combat with anyone.. no one wants to kill me. I go to the sewers and i hear some battle music. then i go turn off the power in the sewers so the electricity on the floor doesnt hurt anyone. I get a X, saying double T and I get a X saying i was detected by derelict ballers. if i leave through the police area where omally is hes hostile.

if i leave the sewers another way and talk to jenny. I cannot leave conversation with Jenny. all options talking to her about the quest are there except the option to leave the comversation! you get stuck!. i can do this over and over.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE. i hope another admin doesnt tell me to double check.. im kind of sad i was told i needed to THINK MORE. without the side quest i read this game can be done in 10 hours or so. when i buy a rpg i dont buy it for that small amount of time. :/ i want to finish my side quest to enjoy the game. It is a BUG. i feel lesss confident this will ever get looked at or resolved because of what the admin told me.

i can even provide mroe screenshots for said bugs. i hope i dont get ridiculed..

Dougz
25th Aug 2011, 17:25
ps3 version

hi

Myself i had the bug which a enemy npc is stuck in a unreachable room in the mission cloaks&daggers.
What i did funny enough is to throw myself down the fire stairs which did a reload and then the enemy was in the room beside his unconscious buddies and a dead one.

I would like to talk about the dead enemy....the thing is i knock him out not killed him,i didn't hold O because i got the bonus nonlethal exp bonus .So i did a test with the unconscious enemies in the room.I go near a enemy hold square and it killed him , yes i dragged him and it killed him. I tried with double-T, i hold square.... dead ! ,and with a bonus , it failed the mission.

So did this glitch void my no kill run which rob me of the trophy ? because i didn't see at first and i saved my game with one dead guy dead by dragging accidentally because i wanted to loot him.

PS: What is the yellow ''i'' marker in the map ( select menu) mean ?

MaynardLD50
25th Aug 2011, 17:35
Chalk me up as another "Motherly Ties" bug owner. :( Eidos if I skip the end of this quest will I ruin the chain? Can I continue the game without destroying the work I did for this quest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edSFmHYA28Q

FluffyPuppy
25th Aug 2011, 17:37
ps3 version

hi

Myself i had the bug which a enemy npc is stuck in a unreachable room in the mission cloaks&daggers.
What i did funny enough is to throw myself down the fire stairs which did a reload and then the enemy was in the room beside his unconscious buddies and a dead one.

I would like to talk about the dead enemy....the thing is i knock him out not killed him,i didn't hold O because i got the bonus nonlethal exp bonus .So i did a test with the unconscious enemies in the room.I go near a enemy hold square and it killed him , yes i dragged him and it killed him. I tried with double-T, i hold square.... dead ! ,and with a bonus , it failed the mission.

So did this glitch void my no kill run which rob me of the trophy ? because i didn't see at first and i saved my game with one dead guy dead by dragging accidentally because i wanted to loot him.

PS: What is the yellow ''i'' marker in the map ( select menu) mean ?

dragging kills ppl should be a bug imo. it happens to me on PC also. makes no sense. The admin already answered this question though he said. "We've had many people pass this point without issue.. there are sometimes little things you THINK you may have done but need to double check etc.. "

so the npc spawning weird and people random dying and npcs not showing up unless we do special reloads is... something We the players need to double check.. its our fault. >_>

BugReporting
25th Aug 2011, 19:22
I definitely didn't miss anything, and touring the sewers revealed nothing. The final part of the quest has warped outside of level bounds. Something about this quest needs to be fixed, preventing the enemies from clipping through the walls.

Recently, they clipped down to the middle of the crouching T intersection, inside the walls. I can see their feet poking out, but I can't shoot them. They shoot me through the walls, but my grenades and bullets are useless.

Natai
25th Aug 2011, 23:01
Same issue with Cloak & Daggers. No way to finish mission and only objective left is clear the area out so she can take Double-T. I knocked him out and killed the others. I had the crossbow, but finally had to drop it somewhere due to needing the space. Have no idea where it is now, I've completely retraced my steps and cannot locate it. Hope I won't need it to finish the mission once they patch a fix.

More importantly, I noticed that the remaining objective marker does not appear on the map. It does display on the HUD, but does not seem to be at a reachable location. It is no longer on the fourth floor of the apartment building. Near as I can tell it should be on the third or fourth floor of the building above the tunnel that leads from the basketball court to the alley (the one you have to go through the fence to reach). On top of that, just before I go down the steps to the tunnel (alley-side) I'm less than 20m from the marker. Once I enter the tunnel I immediately jump to over 180m from the marker!

There is definitely a bug here!

BugReporting
25th Aug 2011, 23:14
I loaded the game onto my xbox 360 hard drive to reduce loading times, maybe you never tested it like that? Could that have something to do with it, maybe the spawn points for those guys are higher up than the others, and the level loads in before they can drop down to the rest?

EDIT: YESSSSSSS! I DID IT! On my billionth attempt, 5 spawned in the apartment, and one above. While I was thinking of how to get that one guy to follow my sounds to a place he will clip to where I can kill him, he just clipped through the ceiling right in front of me (and started threatening me, hahah). Armblades ahoy, then the rest was a snap. SUCCESS!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this bug.

FluffyPuppy
26th Aug 2011, 00:01
I loaded the game onto my xbox 360 hard drive to reduce loading times, maybe you never tested it like that? Could that have something to do with it, maybe the spawn points for those guys are higher up than the others, and the level loads in before they can drop down to the rest?

EDIT: YESSSSSSS! I DID IT! On my billionth attempt, 5 spawned in the apartment, and one above. While I was thinking of how to get that one guy to follow my sounds to a place he will clip to where I can kill him, he just clipped through the ceiling right in front of me (and started threatening me, hahah). Armblades ahoy, then the rest was a snap. SUCCESS!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this bug.

thats nuts i cant keep re loading hoping he will spawn correctly. im shelfin this game till they patch the side mission bugs, its not enjoyable :/.. i mean i played perfectly not killing anyone nad hacked everything. im 33 hours in and not going to china cuz i wanted to finish the quest. its just blah! Lucky you!

Genome852
26th Aug 2011, 01:24
PC:

There are typos in the last two augmentations in the "Rebreather" category, that allow the player to sprint for a longer duration.

Each augmentation says it allows the player to sprint for an extra "2,5" (comma, not period) seconds, which does not match what the detailed explanation (when you click "more info") says at all.

Locutus of BORG
26th Aug 2011, 02:12
I posted this earlier and I don't know if it's a bug or not:

Hi, I'm getting an issue where I can't hack lvl1 locks. ATM I'm stuck on the first mission, trying to enter the assemby bay to save the hostages.

Could this be a video card issuêÉ Ièm running an ATI 5770

Otherwise the rest of my system should be above spec: i7, 12g ram...

I guess while weère at it, is there any way I can type proper punctuation on this forum instead of these strange symbolsÉ Ièm using an NA keyboard.

Thanks

I press 'E' to bring up the numpad interface, I press 'E' again as the manual says to bring up the hacking interface... nothing.

I just got this game today and was having a blast at it, until I got stuck here.

BugReporting
26th Aug 2011, 02:13
Just skip it and come back to it on another playthrough once they've patched it, don't end your game over it.

BSL4VIRUS
26th Aug 2011, 02:20
I am having this issue as well, found the braclet go and talk to her, tell her the 3 things ive found and then nothing they just stand there, also cant find the cop i am supposed to talk to

Vagrant
26th Aug 2011, 02:24
Thought I'd post this in here as well:

I've looked around a bit and I don't see anyone else having a similar issue. The first time I noticed it was when you are dropped off at the helipad, I turned around to watch the jet take off and BAM off goes my computer.

I fixed it by not turning around and looking at the jet after I reloaded. It happened again later with the jet, but then I turned off DX11 and it seemed to work. Later in the fight with Bull, one of his gernades went off in my face and shut off my pc. I will say it was kind of unique to be killed and actually have my entire computer shut off, but it was also rather annoying.

Now I'm about to leave the warehouse after the Bull fight, but there is a cutscene where I'm forced to watch the jet take off, and it resets my desktop every time.

rossmum
26th Aug 2011, 02:54
While Cloak and Daggers went just fine for me, I'm having the issue with Motherly Ties instead and it's driving me nuts. I really want to finish the mission, but I've reached the point where it's the only thing holding me back from advancing further - I don't really want to have to replay the 16 hours I've spent so far (as much as I enjoyed them).

Here's what happened (PC version):

I talked my way into the station, got into the morgue and was busted after I took the chip. I just ran out the door, not wanting to get into a fight, but I stunned a cop on the way out. I've checked since, I'm almost certain it's not Chet. Upon getting the info from Chase I headed back in through the sewers only to find everyone cool with me again, so I just went about the place hacking computers and searching offices. I then hacked into the storage garage, including the safe. I got all the evidence from that quest except Chet's, because I don't ever recall seeing him in the station in the first place... he's just disappeared for me. Maybe he's spawned in a wall or on a roof or underground like some people are saying Double T does for them, but either way I can't speak to him and with the three pieces of evidence I have so far I get stuck in the endless conversation animation when I talk to Megan's mum.

Please fix this ASAP guys, I'm dying to play further into the game :(

bboycire
26th Aug 2011, 03:12
pc version, the game freezes at a random spot on the map, and it's the same spot if i restart the game. it will change to another spot when i restart computer

tried all the suggested workaround, nothing helped.
cant play without dx11, the config cant find output device if i uncheck it.
the freeze only happens in Detroit street (havent gotten much further) indoor (with loading screen) is fine

BigCoffee
26th Aug 2011, 05:05
Ok so far every side-quest I've done have been doing well. However im down to Acquaintances Forgotten, at the safe and the files in the safe can't be picked up. Even the photo's are a bit tricky. The revolver ammo and the e-book are always available to grab. I had to carefully place myself for the pictures. While I managed to get them, the files under the e-book are impossible for me to get. Cannot be selected or anything.

MARKLAR
26th Aug 2011, 06:28
(PS3) I have the same Cloaks and Daggers issue with the gang member stuck in the wall. It's the only thing that prevents me from completing the mission. Open to ideas at this point, but I need to move on soon.

MARKLAR
26th Aug 2011, 07:11
(PS3) I have the same Cloaks and Daggers issue with the gang member stuck in the wall. It's the only thing that prevents me from completing the mission. Open to ideas at this point, but I need to move on soon.

While I was creating a user account, someone gave me this solution on gamefaqs, so much thanks to that person

From Double T's room go up to the highest window and climb out. You should see a water tower and the cyan quest icon should be right above it. Shoot it with a sniper rifle from the fire escape, and it should complete that part of the quest. I can only confirm that it works on PS3. Give it a shot,it only takes a couple minutes to try it.

Spread the word.

Daz1967
26th Aug 2011, 07:53
First of all I'd like to say that I think this game is superb and I'm really impressed with the quality of the Xbox 360 version overall considering the limitations of its ageing hardware. That it runs smoothly for the most part with no screen tearing and minimal aliasing is a great achievement and the game world and gameplay are far more detailed and engrossing than most other games. Well done!

One complaint though: the pre-rendered FMV cutscenes are absolutely dreadful IMO. Not only are they badly compressed and so jarring alongside the sharper looking real-time stuff but they appear to be much darker too, to the point where it is difficult to see them at times. I can alter the brightness to compensate but that just makes the in-game stuff look washed out. Did nobody think to check this because it seems such an obvious oversight? :mad2:

Also, considering the disc space limitations of the Xbox 360's DVD format compared with the PS3's 25 GB Blu-rays and the PC's mandatory hard drive installations it seems odd that many of these FMV cutscenes aren't real-time anyway considering they are set in the same environments and using the same models/assets as the in-game stuff that follows. As such it means that both the PS3 and PC versions suffer with the same poor quality cutscenes.

This really is the only letdown in what is an otherwise outstanding and polished game. I thought the days of lousy quality FMV of this kind was over but sadly not... :scratch:

FluffyPuppy
26th Aug 2011, 09:33
First of all I'd like to say that I think this game is superb and I'm really impressed with the quality of the Xbox 360 version overall considering the limitations of its ageing hardware. That it runs smoothly for the most part with no screen tearing and minimal aliasing is a great achievement and the game world and gameplay are far more detailed and engrossing than most other games. Well done!

One complaint though: the pre-rendered FMV cutscenes are absolutely dreadful IMO. Not only are they badly compressed and so jarring alongside the sharper looking real-time stuff but they appear to be much darker too, to the point where it is difficult to see them at times. I can alter the brightness to compensate but that just makes the in-game stuff look washed out. Did nobody think to check this because it seems such an obvious oversight? :mad2:

Also, considering the disc space limitations of the Xbox 360's DVD format compared with the PS3's 25 GB Blu-rays and the PC's mandatory hard drive installations it seems odd that many of these FMV cutscenes aren't real-time anyway considering they are set in the same environments and using the same models/assets as the in-game stuff that follows. As such it means that both the PS3 and PC versions suffer with the same poor quality cutscenes.

This really is the only letdown in what is an otherwise outstanding and polished game. I thought the days of lousy quality FMV of this kind was over but sadly not... :scratch:

looks the same on pc when it comes to the mini movies.

Daz1967
26th Aug 2011, 09:41
Dark FMV aside (which surely is a bug?), I guess the real blame can be laid solely on the Xbox 360 and its increasingly limiting DVD format which until recently only allowed developers to use 7 GB of its 8.5 GB capacity. A game like DX:HR would not really work across multiple discs so everything had to be compressed to fit onto one DVD with no regard for the superior storage that the PS3 and PC have. :(

I definitely cannot wait for the next generation of console hardware when both are using Blu-ray for game storage and these pathetic quality FMV cinematics are a thing of the past.

littlecats
26th Aug 2011, 10:00

I press 'E' to bring up the numpad interface, I press 'E' again as the manual says to bring up the hacking interface... nothing.

I just got this game today and was having a blast at it, until I got stuck here.

I was able to hack the door but not the bomb. I loaded a prior save and now I can't hack the door. Not being able to hack the bomb happened before the patch. I changed the 'use' key to the right arrow key but even when I hit the 'e' key it won't bring up the hack screen. The 'e' key is still set as the default 'use' key on the left side of the control settings.

Also, the patch fixed the issue with I was getting with zonealarm and the system memory error.

Dougofthenorth
26th Aug 2011, 12:09
@ jaycw2309

I have same issue with PC version in Motherly Ties quest.
Dialog with mother starts to complete, then goes nowhere & I can't get out of standing there looking at her.
So I have to Alt Tab then reload last save.
I have properly completed ALL related & necessary components of this quest.

Do you have any help for this issue?

Krockett
26th Aug 2011, 12:53
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/The_Krockett/screenshot/560917821013652687

RasterOps
26th Aug 2011, 15:19
confirmed jason95821 energy cell bug.
Spent a Praxis point to increase my energy cells by one, it is now at level 1. The HUD displayed the new cell showing two green filled cells. When some energy was used, knock out two opponents, the second cell never recharges. It can only be filled by an energy bar (all that I have in my inventory that affects energy).

ViiCiouSxLoGiiC
26th Aug 2011, 15:20
Error With Dues Ex:Human Revolution on the Xbox360

First off, I was salivating over my control throughout the entire play of the first level. But at the Cinematic Cutscene I had taken too long on the second "input" where you Empathise, Humble or such against the leader and reloaded in haste. Upon going through the door and NOT skipping any cutscenes, I found myself entering "Let her go" option...and nothing. I got a looped graphic of the girl sobbing and him switching between looking at me, then the hostage with a gun to her head. The in-game cutscene never happened, and I'm stuck. Some factors that led up to this encounter:

A) I was playing "Nice guy" with the ranged tranq Rifle. Didn't kill anyone.
B) I died numerous times trying to figure out how to properly knock out or avoid enemies.
C) I avoided the last room leading up to the leader completely with some very lucky stealth.
D) Did not use any of the augmentation points, opting to save up instead.

Now, I reloaded AGAIN and got the exact same issue. Then I reloaded, and saved right in front of the door to the cutscene, and got frozen again in the exact same spot.

I hope this helps you figure out what's causing the error. Please fix soon! I'd really like to save the hostage =(

I knocked out everyone and was never detected and the same thing happened to me. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Joculus
26th Aug 2011, 20:57
Yep! Just another "6th man out" victim, and apparently it is "my" fault, according to this thread's tech replies. I am playing the PC version and MCB #6 is floating out of accessible area and I can't finish the quest. Looking on the Map HUD, he is in a grey area next to the accessible building, a building with no access. I guess this one is a write-off, as I have yet to see any indication that someone is working on this, let alone simply acknowledging it. Wish us all good luck!

Locutus of BORG
26th Aug 2011, 21:20
I was able to hack the door but not the bomb. I loaded a prior save and now I can't hack the door. Not being able to hack the bomb happened before the patch. I changed the 'use' key to the right arrow key but even when I hit the 'e' key it won't bring up the hack screen. The 'e' key is still set as the default 'use' key on the left side of the control settings.

Also, the patch fixed the issue with I was getting with zonealarm and the system memory error.

I don't know if this is a fix, but I disabled DX11, then updated my drivers and then the next time I booted up the game, I was able to hack. I got the idea from a similar bug from ME2 that prevented some people with older systems from opening doors... I'm on an older card (ATI 5770), which is supposed to be DX11 compatible, but I suppose I'm running on DX9 now or something.

Industriality
26th Aug 2011, 22:20
Sound is delayed.

I have almost 500ms between the muzzle flash of my gun and the sound of the round fired.

It's not related to my hardware, I used 2 different sound cards, many people has this issue too and we cannot find a fix, so please, patch it.

littlecats
26th Aug 2011, 23:29
I don't know if this is a fix, but I disabled DX11, then updated my drivers and then the next time I booted up the game, I was able to hack. I got the idea from a similar bug from ME2 that prevented some people with older systems from opening doors... I'm on an older card (ATI 5770), which is supposed to be DX11 compatible, but I suppose I'm running on DX9 now or something.

I found a way around that bug. When the control panel opens, click the word 'hack' with your mouse, located inside the little black box on the right of the game screen. This will open the hack screen.

I have the game installed on a win 7 computer that can handle the game very well. It has a yearold top of the line ati video card, 500gb system memory, 2 or more core pentium. Steam allows us to have a copy on 2 computers.

I can't give the system specs because I using the win xp computer right now. It has all my favorates bookmarked and email isn't setup yet on the win 7 computer.

The win 7 computer runs the game perfectly after the patch, not one crash in a 9 hour play. The 'e' key doesn't work on that computer either, so it's not happening due to slow systems.

Xoriat
26th Aug 2011, 23:47
confirmed jason95821 energy cell bug.
Spent a Praxis point to increase my energy cells by one, it is now at level 1. The HUD displayed the new cell showing two green filled cells. When some energy was used, knock out two opponents, the second cell never recharges. It can only be filled by an energy bar (all that I have in my inventory that affects energy).

I really hate this "feature". I hope its a bug because I spent points for more batteries and faster battery recharge and it doesn't work.

rouxz
26th Aug 2011, 23:48
i feel like im playing a beta killed a tank with a stun gun, augs decided to stop working , got no cross hairs, fall through cracks no health bar subtitles energy bar radar etc oh and my fav cant complete some quest when i did what was needed

Locutus of BORG
26th Aug 2011, 23:55
I found a way around that bug. When the control panel opens, click the word 'hack' with your mouse, located inside the little black box on the right of the game screen. This will open the hack screen.

I have the game installed on a win 7 computer that can handle the game very well. It has a yearold top of the line ati video card, 500gb system memory, 2 or more core pentium. Steam allows us to have a copy on 2 computers.

I can't give the system specs because I using the win xp computer right now. It has all my favorates bookmarked and email isn't setup yet on the win 7 computer.

The win 7 computer runs the game perfectly after the patch, not one crash in a 9 hour play. The 'e' key doesn't work on that computer either, so it's not happening due to slow systems.

Oh really? Before I updated and such I didn't even get the button... In fact, the balloons were out of place even. I had to watch a youtube walkthrough before I even realized those pieces out of place.

Anyway, I suppose our particular bug is dealt with in either case.

ps: Another thing about the bomb.. there's a vent access you can use that bypasses the bomb's timer. Then you can take your sweet time hacking the bomb. Good stuff, that.

Woopzilla
27th Aug 2011, 00:51
Another Cloak and Dagger report just to confirm that this is a widespread bug.

I've knocked out 5 MCB including Double-T, but there's a last member somewhere high up in the skybox. It says it's 100m or so away when standing on the fire escape. I've completed all sub-objectives and remained stealthy, etc... This is the final part of the mission I need to do. Also, yes, I did run into those MCB guys when exploring early on in the game and triggered their speech, then I walked away until I started this quest.

Image 01 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921131926374/004EDC351F9A829BD197D9A0398B216548EEFA1A/) - Fire escape view.

If you run around a bit though, there's one spot where he is seemingly just 15-18m away from you, but if you move left a bit, it suddenly jumps back to the skybox location.

Image 02 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921131924963/45A1C45181CFFE41927660A6546231128471AD5F/) - Map location.
Image 03 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921131921041/B8B5DEF03C4C10B9978EB1151545668AE07EF9B3/) - Initial distance.
Image 04 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921131919129/58A5EB6E75A11E93A931FA8E4E3F791AE62ADF14/) - Second distance.

Also, very big ugly bug... DRAGGING ENEMIES KILLS THEM! It seems the game kills them in the processs of turning them into ragdolls or something. I have only noticed this on the MCB guys since I'm otherwise completely stealthy without engaging anyone whether lethal or non-lethal... so these are the first bodies I've moved. I just hold E and the body flops violently and he's dead. I haven't even started moving them yet, I'm just standing perfectly still and aiming my crosshair at them.

Image 05 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921132320270/0249B194C2AB49F15C62375CF99A511E08DAD030/) - Clearly alive.
Image 06 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921132321911/EC8568070D1E68F561EF27734F34DDE915E1C796/) - Clearly dead.

Pulseczar
27th Aug 2011, 01:46
[PC Version]
The health bars, wine, etc don't leave your inventory once it's used up. It turns the inventory slot red but I haven't found a way to remove it. Below is a pic to illustrate it:
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3240/inventoryn.jpg

I thought that was a bug at first as well. Then I realized that they did it that way so that you could dedicate areas of your quick bar to certain items whether you currently have any of those items or not. If you don't have the item, it has a red highlight and a count of 0. If you really want to remove it from the quick bar, one way is to replace it with something else that you do have.

One thing that does still bug me though is why can't you move items around in the quick bar by just directly dragging them from one slot to another?

morphine7
27th Aug 2011, 02:11

I've knocked out 5 MCB including Double-T, but there's a last member somewhere high up in the skybox. It says it's 100m or so away when standing on the fire escape. I've completed all sub-objectives and remained stealthy, etc... This is the final part of the mission I need to do. Also, yes, I did run into those MCB guys when exploring early on in the game and triggered their speech, then I walked away until I started this quest.

Image 01 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921131926374/004EDC351F9A829BD197D9A0398B216548EEFA1A/) - Fire escape view.

If you run around a bit though, there's one spot where he is seemingly just 15-18m away from you, but if you move left a bit, it suddenly jumps back to the skybox location.

Image 02 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921131924963/45A1C45181CFFE41927660A6546231128471AD5F/) - Map location.
Image 03 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921131921041/B8B5DEF03C4C10B9978EB1151545668AE07EF9B3/) - Initial distance.
Image 04 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921131919129/58A5EB6E75A11E93A931FA8E4E3F791AE62ADF14/) - Second distance.

Also, very big ugly bug... DRAGGING ENEMIES KILLS THEM! It seems the game kills them in the processs of turning them into ragdolls or something. I have only noticed this on the MCB guys since I'm otherwise completely stealthy without engaging anyone whether lethal or non-lethal... so these are the first bodies I've moved. I just hold E and the body flops violently and he's dead. I haven't even started to moving them yet, I'm just standing perfectly still and aiming my crosshair at them.

Image 05 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921132320270/0249B194C2AB49F15C62375CF99A511E08DAD030/) - Clearly alive.
Image 06 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921132321911/EC8568070D1E68F561EF27734F34DDE915E1C796/) - Clearly dead.

I have the exact same problem with the Cloak and Dagger quest. Ditto with the dragging enemies issue. Also half the time stunning enemies ends up killing them. Frustrating. Here's my screenshots.

Screenshot 1 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818219754259/6D7A88056ADB4B49FA7BFB35E658B4CCBB2BB96A/)
Screenshot 2 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818219755215/872A132BDF05AC4FBC1E403A6A3FE444315816BB/)
Screenshot 3 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818219753410/65FCA3EFB00D3302CDC87186E7A2C7472AEC5653/)

supercow
27th Aug 2011, 02:13
Seems like the same clipping bug on one of the henchmen. He's always in a weird place off the map, and will jump about a hundred meters if I get close.

I'd feel better if someone from Eidos acknowledged it, or at least asked to see a save file.

For now, does anyone know how to turn on no clip to get past this quest?

:mad2:

littlecats
27th Aug 2011, 02:20
Oh really? Before I updated and such I didn't even get the button... In fact, the balloons were out of place even. I had to watch a youtube walkthrough before I even realized those pieces out of place.

Anyway, I suppose our particular bug is dealt with in either case.

ps: Another thing about the bomb.. there's a vent access you can use that bypasses the bomb's timer. Then you can take your sweet time hacking the bomb. Good stuff, that.

I got the travel bonus but I didn't leave the vent to try to disarm the bomb. I went lethal in the assembly room and got the pass code off one of the guards. I couldn't hack it fast enough.

enzer
27th Aug 2011, 04:44
I have gotten through to the game to where I have to go to the employee shuttle that brings you to Tai Young Medical, but the train doesn't come and the doors don't open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ela5ymFyfWQ

Crackseed
27th Aug 2011, 05:30
I have gotten through to the game to where I have to go to the employee shuttle that brings you to Tai Young Medical, but the train doesn't come and the doors don't open

This is the same issue I'm having. I cannot board the shuttle because it never shows up :(

FluffyPuppy
27th Aug 2011, 07:04

are you on PC? pressing E? i never pressed E twice, didnt read the manual. I manually click with the mouse on the word hack and i press it. that starts the hacking interface for me.

FluffyPuppy
27th Aug 2011, 07:10
Seems like the same clipping bug on one of the henchmen. He's always in a weird place off the map, and will jump about a hundred meters if I get close.

I'd feel better if someone from Eidos acknowledged it, or at least asked to see a save file.

I have the exact same problem with the Cloak and Dagger quest. Ditto with the dragging enemies issue. Also half the time stunning enemies ends up killing them. Frustrating. Here's my screenshots.

Screenshot 1 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818219754259/6D7A88056ADB4B49FA7BFB35E658B4CCBB2BB96A/)
Screenshot 2 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818219755215/872A132BDF05AC4FBC1E403A6A3FE444315816BB/)
Screenshot 3 (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818219753410/65FCA3EFB00D3302CDC87186E7A2C7472AEC5653/)

yep i have that problem except my double T is in the sky! of course the admin says its obviously my own fault and its obviously your fault also. You just THINK hes in the sky... you obviously missed something.. like finding a wall to glitch yourself into the gamewall and find him and then knock him out and hope he doesnt die. :mad2:

FluffyPuppy
27th Aug 2011, 07:56
Cloak and dagger. I think i went to the right place but im obviously wrong. Now i just need the special limited edition NOCLIPPING AUGMENTATION.

BLAH he is not in his own apartment (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818223050795/4262988914B6FB3B2E3AEC02BF7AB905E209F40B/)

doesnt appear on the map (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818223051133/F165AC8AC7758DC96F227D9BF9D71EA15F0C924E/)

OH I GET IT...Hes HIDING (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818223052487/2FDFDC7EADBDF392E8710D7ADB6F053D98814129/)

let me get closer and then...TURN ON MY SEE THROUGH WALL ABILITY... wait i still dont SEE ANYTHING! (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818223050517/3E5AAF208B39B007D9EB6A8DC990BF49196A8DE4/)

Oh i go in the sewer he gets angry at me and randomly dies in the electricity... so the quest has failed.. lemme go talk to jenny... i didnt find his body though... or physically harm him..

Now jenny wont let me leave conversation with her once quest has failed (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818223051796/C850B2930CCB448C611AD2FBCDDB17F53B24B71B/)

she really wont let me go... (reload and tried again) (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818223052836/B79067D070FC39172D4A0920E134251CC4CE156F/)

but all in all.. i realize its something i may have missed cuz I THINK I MAY have done the right thing. cuz ya know the game works the way it should for other ppl so my problem is invald and not a bug.:lmao:

Industriality
27th Aug 2011, 10:33
I experience sound delay in Deus Ex HR.

For exemple : when I fire my gun, there is a delay between the muzzleflash and the sound of the round.

Another exempe : when I jump and fall on the ground, my foot stomp is delayed.

This is true with all the game sounds, breaking glass, droping a crate etc...

All sounds are delayed.

I Have a very high end computer, running perfectly a hundred games.

Deus Ex HR is the only one with such a sound issue !!

Here are my specs :

- Core i5 2500K@4 Ghz
- Watercooling : Antec Kühler 620 H2O
- Grapgic Cards : 2 x Nvidia GTX580 in SLI (No overclocking)
- Asus P8P67 Pro
- 2 X 4 GB Gskill PC12800 Cas 9
- SSD OCZ Vertex 3 120 Go
- Sound Card : Xonar DX
- HDD : Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 2To
- PSU : Enermax 87+ 900Watts
- Display : Alienware Optx W2310 120Hz/3D

Running the game in Dx11, I tried Dx9, no difference.

All my drivers are up to date and my rig is 100% stable and I experience absolutly NO issues in a hundred of other games, so don't tell me it's hardware related.

Please, fix your sound engine and/or give me a solution.

I cannot enjoy this game that I bought 50€ !

NKD
27th Aug 2011, 10:42
Not sure whether this is a bug, or what, but in Picus Communications when I triggered the elevator to go down to the sub-basement, I ducked into the vent and closed it. I got my Ghost and Smooth Operator bonuses, and then got the goal to wait for the elevator to arrive. It's my understanding that there is supposed to be a Ghost and Smooth Operator bonus for the "Wait for the elevator." objective as well, but I did not get either, despite spending the entire time hidden in a closed vent.

The Black Helicopter
27th Aug 2011, 11:43
Bug Report - Laser Sight causes iron sights (and scopes) to no longer be accurate
Sub-bug: Laser sights do not show when iron sights/scope used

Issue:
When a weapon has no laser sight, iron sights/crosshairs accurately reflect where the bullet will land. After a laser sight is applied, bullets will consistently land 3-4" below the iron sights/crosshairs. This makes weapons much more inaccurate (scoped) when a laser is applied - especially the Sniper Rifle.

This is "realistic", but the dramatic change in behavior from no-laser, to with-laser, hints this is unintentional.

Also, the laser "dot" does not show when scoped.

Cause:
Presumably, "from the hip" no-laser shots are randomized within a firing cone. The coding for default iron sight/crosshair coding overrides this randomess (and makes it a "point"). However, the coding for a laser sight overrides by making bullets follow the laser. These two "overrides" conflict, and result in scoped-shots with a laser-beam following the laser's path instead - making the scope no longer accurate.

Screenshots:
Screnshots taken with fully upgraded aim stabilization augments, for clarity.
http://i.imgur.com/sT9Rm.jpg

Replicating:
Use a weapon's iron sights/scope to aim at a point against a wall. (Ideally, a sniper rifle, but applies to all weapons.) Fire and note bullet decal location. Apply laser upgrade to weapon. Aim at same point, fire. Note new bullet decal location.

Workaround:
Do not apply laser sight to any weapon that requires precision when aiming scoped. (D'oh.) Conversely, do not use the iron sights for any weapon that has a laser - use the laser beam instead.

Solution:
1.) Make laser sight override cede to the iron sight/scope override when scoped.
2.) Display laser dot even when scoped.

I really hope this gets patched. I am playing stealth, and put a laser on my silenced, fully upgraded pistol. I was wondering why it was so freaking innacurate, and only found out why after I played around with a Sniper Rifle. I essentially wasted the upgrades. :/

-TBH

The Black Helicopter
27th Aug 2011, 12:39
Bug Report - Taking cover erratically interrupts/cancels weapon reloads
Affects immersion

Issue:
This issue is erratic. When reloading a weapon, entering (or exiting) the cover system restarts any reload in progress. If you proceed to exit (or enter) cover again (toggle states), the reload cancels entirely. The reload button has to be manually pressed, or the weapon dry-fired, to restart the reload animation.

This negatively affects immersion and gameplay during combat. The erratic nature (first cover-toggle restarts, second cancels) indicates this is a bug.

Cause:
Unknown

Replicating:
Equip a weapon, fire a few rounds. Begin reload sequence, then enter cover against a wall. The animation will restart. Before the animation completes, exit cover. You will now have to manually press reload again.
-or-
Take cover against a wall. Equip a weapon, fire a few rounds. Begin reload sequence, then exit cover. The animation will restart. Before the animation completes, reenter cover. You will now have to manually press reload again.

Workaround:
If reloading, do not enter cover. If already in cover and reloading, do not exit cover until audio cues indicate reloading is complete.

Solution:
1.) Do not interrupt reloads by simply entering/exiting cover.
2.) (Optional) Interrupt reloads only if performing advanced maneuvers (tuck roll) or apply a reload time-rate penalty.

This could be intentional for all I know, but it is really inconsistent and annoying. During the Barrett fight I reloaded the same rocket 8 times because of having to move around his grenades. Obviously you can't reload during a barel roll, but all I was doing was putting my back to a wall. (I have a nitpick with games you can drop a mag three times from the same gun; it should use reload-checkpoints!)

-TBH

Xoriat
27th Aug 2011, 12:59

Also, very big ugly bug... DRAGGING ENEMIES KILLS THEM! It seems the game kills them in the processs of turning them into ragdolls or something. I have only noticed this on the MCB guys since I'm otherwise completely stealthy without engaging anyone whether lethal or non-lethal... so these are the first bodies I've moved. I just hold E and the body flops violently and he's dead. I haven't even started moving them yet, I'm just standing perfectly still and aiming my crosshair at them.

Another confirmation that I am experiencing this BUG also. The screen shots are exactly what I see in my game. That last guy simply doesn't spawn anywhere that he can be neutralized. And the dragging bug is also a major one, I have see that too.

chrissyg123
27th Aug 2011, 14:46
Xbox 360 - Cloak & Daggers Side Mission

I have completed all objectives now except for the entering derelict row part of it. I get into the derelict row area (stealthily), but when it comes to actually entering the building (either through a door or through a man hole cover, the only two entrances I can find) the game COMPLETELY LOCKS OUT, It freezes up and the sound repeats, the only way out is to turn off my 360.

It's happened every time now, 3 times going through the door and 2 times trying to go down through the man hole cover. Nothing I've tried stops it from happening..

Sucks because I currently have no way to complete this side mission and I doubt this will be fixed before I've moved on to a later part of the game and can't go back to it :(

Edit: I've since tried the third (and I guess final) way of getting into derelict row, punching a hole through a wall, I knock the guy out on the other side and then stun the other one that comes over to check it out, but then as SOON as I walk thru the hole in the wall the game freezes up. It's bizarre!!!

Edit2: Ok, I had the game installed to harddrive, I 'deleted' it, and surprise surprise it works fine now! must have been either corruption in the copy or some sort of issue with the install to harddrive option. eitherway I'm glad it fixed it 'cos one of the main missions takes you to derelict row!!

Loony BoB
27th Aug 2011, 15:59
Using the PS3 version, I have the same issue as FluffyPuffy - I can't complete Cloak & Daggers as Double T is 'in the sky'.

- I went to the MCB hideout initially before the "Stopping the Transmission" mission. When there, I knocked out the two MCB guys who were initially outside having a discussion. I then knocked out the two guys on the couch. I could not access the room the other two were in (including Double-T) due to my poor hacking abilities at the time (rank 2). I decided to leave and come back when I had better hacking abilities.
- I completed all other parts of the Cloak & Daggers mission in the meantime, and also the story missions up to the point of "Back in the Saddle".
- At this point I decided to return to the Cloak & Daggers mission as I had hacking up to rank 4. Upon opening up the door to the room, one man came out, and I knocked him out. I got the experience for completing task "Neutralize all MCB opposition". Now the only things I need to do are "Knock out Double-T" (who is "in the sky") and, perhaps importantly, I am yet to "Remain undetected while in DRB territory" - it still has this as an active part of the mission.

I suspect that the problem lies in how you exit DRB territory. I exited by carrying on with the main story mission, which meant that I exited using Malik's plane/helicopter/hoverplane/whatever as part of the "Extraction" mission that follows "Stopping the Transmission". Perhaps by leaving using this method, the "Cloak & Daggers" quest does not compute how you left DRB territory and thus is unable to function effectively?

EDIT: I'm going to try going back into DRB territory and then leaving again, we'll see if that does anything.

EDIT: Nope, still no tick or cross for leaving DRB territory. =/

folk
27th Aug 2011, 16:27
Please fix this mission already so I can proceed to china!

When you have to incapacitate those gangster in the apartment one of them is clipped in an area I can't even get near and he appears to be warping around my radar, secondly the gangsters you incapacitate in the apartment will die if you touch their corpses afterward, even the derelict row gangsters have a tendency to show skulls if you don't outright kill them.

p.s. this is for the PC version.

tarvis79
27th Aug 2011, 17:24
Moving through Detroit the second time, I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a social battle down in the sewers. Instead, the character just starts shooting at me after the cutscene.

Loony BoB
27th Aug 2011, 18:03
Using the PS3 version, I have the same issue as FluffyPuffy - I can't complete Cloak & Daggers as Double T is 'in the sky'.

- I went to the MCB hideout initially before the "Stopping the Transmission" mission. When there, I knocked out the two MCB guys who were initially outside having a discussion. I then knocked out the two guys on the couch. I could not access the room the other two were in (including Double-T) due to my poor hacking abilities at the time (rank 2). I decided to leave and come back when I had better hacking abilities.
- I completed all other parts of the Cloak & Daggers mission in the meantime, and also the story missions up to the point of "Back in the Saddle".
- At this point I decided to return to the Cloak & Daggers mission as I had hacking up to rank 4. Upon opening up the door to the room, one man came out, and I knocked him out. I got the experience for completing task "Neutralize all MCB opposition". Now the only things I need to do are "Knock out Double-T" (who is "in the sky") and, perhaps importantly, I am yet to "Remain undetected while in DRB territory" - it still has this as an active part of the mission.

I suspect that the problem lies in how you exit DRB territory. I exited by carrying on with the main story mission, which meant that I exited using Malik's plane/helicopter/hoverplane/whatever as part of the "Extraction" mission that follows "Stopping the Transmission". Perhaps by leaving using this method, the "Cloak & Daggers" quest does not compute how you left DRB territory and thus is unable to function effectively?

EDIT: I'm going to try going back into DRB territory and then leaving again, we'll see if that does anything.

EDIT: Nope, still no tick or cross for leaving DRB territory. =/

Okay, I found a way to get past this. Basically, I completed the side mission "One Good Turn Deserves Another" and then suddenly Double-T was back in his flat. I hope this helps other people, too!

smilinpig
27th Aug 2011, 21:48
same here on the Reed side quest..after finishing 3 dialogs, they sit there with any empty dialog box, staring at each other.
I reloaded, restarted, cleared xbox cache, went back a couple saves..etc. I d/l'd the DLC this morning and I'm wondering if that may have something to do w/ it. Deleted it but couldn't load ANYTHING---so I got it again but still stuck. The DLC says 108 KB on download but shows as 56 on my drive so not sure if something is missing there.
SP

VekErro
27th Aug 2011, 23:20
Xbox 360: M8 - Extraction main mission.

When I try to board Malik's helicopter at the end of the mission as soon as she's finished speaking the game crashes. I've tried everything to get around this, including starting a new game, but nothing works. I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned here already, because it's been talked about on other forums.

Daz1967
28th Aug 2011, 00:46
PC version: I had one strange issue while headed for David Sarif's penthouse office (M11 I believe)... the receptionist area when I stepped out of the elevator had missing walls and floors! So I went back into the elevator to the previous floor, which displays fine, then back to Sarif's office and all was well again. This is the first time I've experienced missing scenery though and it did not crash the game or anything fortunately.

supercow
28th Aug 2011, 00:56

Ok, after tons of loading/reloading, and running around the downtown apartments area in circles, I blasted the weakened wall in the hallway (adjacent the bedroom), and the last thug spawned in the kitchen.

To the mod who said this is not a bug: you are wrong, and unprofessional. It is not appropriate to dismiss a complaint in a bug forum as not a bug without even some cursory examination. I wasted hours on this, I am not alone, and it should be really easy to fix if you had the decency to acknowledge the issue and forward the issue to QA. I hope you reconsider your totally apathetic attitude, do your job, and report this issue to the development team, so that others do not have to experience the same frustration I have.

animusf6
28th Aug 2011, 01:44

Another confirmation of the Cloak and Daggers "Misplaced MCB" bug. XBox 360 version. The misplaced gang member is unable to be found or killed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

love2shpognleirl
28th Aug 2011, 02:53
Hello, I am playing on pc and purchased this through steam and I just arrived at my apartment and can't access my safe storage. I hacked it but apon trying to click open nothing happens. Same thing with the close button, they only button that works on that menu is the back button. Any help please? All advice is appreciated as having no storage in the game is going to blow.

Quickjager
28th Aug 2011, 03:00
Hello, I am playing on pc and purchased this through steam and I just arrived at my apartment and can't access my safe storage. I hacked it but apon trying to click open nothing happens. Same thing with the close button, they only button that works on that menu is the back button. Any help please? All advice is appreciated as having no storage in the game is going to blow.

...you weren't supposed to hack it O_o, didn't even know you could...

love2shpognleirl
28th Aug 2011, 03:03
I tried both ways, password and hack, neither work

karnaj0001
28th Aug 2011, 03:36
Another confirmation of the Cloak and Daggers "Misplaced MCB" bug. XBox 360 version. The misplaced gang member is unable to be found or killed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dunno if this works for the xbox version, but if your missing gangster appears to be in the room across the hall from Double T's like mine was, I managed to attract his attention by firing my gun a lot till he clipped out of the wall trying to find where the noise was coming from.

Nullzero
28th Aug 2011, 04:25
I have gotten through to the game to where I have to go to the employee shuttle that brings you to Tai Young Medical, but the train doesn't come and the doors don't open.

I am also having the same problem. I have added my saves directory to a .RAR file, so the dev team can debug the problem:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/e06cc0ba-4b88-4c88-b04a-54b05b9b0ffe/saves

norbak
28th Aug 2011, 09:51
Hi! I'm stuck on the Tae Yong Medical mission chain. I'm up to the part where I have to steal a TYM employee card from one of the guards. When I killed the guard his employee card fell under the little glass table in the room he's in. I can't get the card at all. That one little table stops me from progressing through Human Revolution. Please get back to ASAP. I'd really like to continue playing!

Anyone know how to fix this issue? I have it too :(

Sazazel
28th Aug 2011, 12:52

I have this exact same problem. The damn table is indestructable too so you cant smash it to grab the card.
Please fix this ASAP as this is gamebreaking.:mad2:

SpectreIX
28th Aug 2011, 12:58
After I finished all of the mission cleared ALL of the guards from where you face Yelena to the top near the helicopter area, played it couple of times, changed difficulty tried to go everywhere but I cannot finish the mission.

When I go to a lower or upper part it shows that my objective is here.So for every room the objective is there, it is automatically updating the objective per room.
I cannot see the VTOL and have tried everything.I am playing to Give Me Deus Ex and this bug is game-breaking.The game is like in top 5 games from 2011 but this bug slices my gameplay until fixed.

I uploaded saves here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fa08ucf1u2qlka5

Also here are couple of screenshots from steam cloud:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/dekkftw/screenshots/?tab=public&showdate=1&filter=app_28050

AsamJenden
28th Aug 2011, 13:11
Sorry for my English
In my PC version of game,i too have a problem with HUD,i haven't it :( My HUD dissapeared in Shanghai and i don't know how i can return it.How i can solve this problem,if i can,or i should wait a patch?

Sky_walker
28th Aug 2011, 13:36
Tai Yong Medical, Upper City Labs, Data Core room (with lasers) :

If I enter the elevator without triggering any alarm in level: game crashes with error
out of instances, maximum is 2560 - contact a designer. If you are one, contact a programmer
If I trigger the alarm in room (and the robot gets in room from left of elevator) I can go inside it with no problems.

nVidia GTS250.
i7 920, Win 7 x64
HDD without RAID
no overclocking,
latest drivers

Arksun
28th Aug 2011, 14:12
Just in case this is the only thread they're officially watching for bug reports:

BUG: Game only uses up to about 443mb of system RAM on PC version regardless of how much RAM there actually is
Symptoms: Heavy page file usage, which causes stuttering upon entering new areas/turning around

PC: Win XP Pro (SP3) 32-bit. 6gigs ram (3.7gigs viewable by XP), ATI HD4850 1gig.

Maggoth
28th Aug 2011, 14:27

I got the same problem, will I lose the chance to complete this sidequest if I continue with the story?

WarGetX
28th Aug 2011, 14:36
Hello, i have a problem whit characters, just hmmm... WT* is that ?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541777522655473670/F8CB2600FFF8E380118B24440E181888867BECD9/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541777522655475312/08552EED9FFF90881C75C561703FDE26B7E9D78B/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541777522655750493/96F1C34674407299B677C9FF39AB86D3C7541852/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541777522655752008/972016EA42301447DF3F2BF7D7A7AFB21FD6FD72/

I playing whit Flower's jar >.<'

The bug existing with loading save, and practically all characters on map are the bugs.

Sorry for my english.

lukeman3000
28th Aug 2011, 16:19
AUDIO IS DELAYED. Gunshots, dropping an item, landing after a jump.. It's very un-immersive.

I have realtek hd audio AC1200

Intel i7 930 2.8 ghz
2x nvidia evga gtx 470s in SLI
12gb ram
1tb 7200rpm hdd

I do not have this problem in any other game.

Sarganym
28th Aug 2011, 17:02
Picus Labs - After Defeating Fedorova, Malik lands, if you tell Malik to wait and go back to the beginning of the level (to collect ammo and such) when you come back Malik will not take you home anymore. It may be worthy of note that I picked up the praxis kit in the first major enemy room on the return trip, but unlikely.

Izuna
28th Aug 2011, 17:47
The descriptions for "Implanted Rebreather" have an error.

HYPER-OXYGENATION (1 & 2) say they increase duration by "2,5" seconds instead of "2.5".

Izuna
28th Aug 2011, 17:48
AUDIO IS DELAYED. Gunshots, dropping an item, landing after a jump.. It's very un-immersive.

I have realtek hd audio AC1200

Intel i7 930 2.8 ghz
2x nvidia evga gtx 470s in SLI
12gb ram
1tb 7200rpm hdd

I do not have this problem in any other game.

Suprisingly this isn't a bug. If you jump/land you'll notice the view will "bob" as the delayed sound happens.

FluffyPuppy
28th Aug 2011, 18:00
Ok, after tons of loading/reloading, and running around the downtown apartments area in circles, I blasted the weakened wall in the hallway (adjacent the bedroom), and the last thug spawned in the kitchen.

To the mod who said this is not a bug: you are wrong, and unprofessional. It is not appropriate to dismiss a complaint in a bug forum as not a bug without even some cursory examination. I wasted hours on this, I am not alone, and it should be really easy to fix if you had the decency to acknowledge the issue and forward the issue to QA. I hope you reconsider your totally apathetic attitude, do your job, and report this issue to the development team, so that others do not have to experience the same frustration I have.

amen i felt like i was being talked down to like im dumb for bugs i cannot help. ITS greaaat that other people have passed that one quest with no problem.. I DIDNT MISS ANYTHING. i only posted here to report the bug and confirm.. instead i get bull. i feel like they wont even fix the bug cuz they dont acknowledge it. I hate paying to beta test games.

FluffyPuppy
28th Aug 2011, 18:02
Hello, i have a problem whit characters, just hmmm... WT* is that ?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541777522655473670/F8CB2600FFF8E380118B24440E181888867BECD9/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541777522655475312/08552EED9FFF90881C75C561703FDE26B7E9D78B/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541777522655750493/96F1C34674407299B677C9FF39AB86D3C7541852/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541777522655752008/972016EA42301447DF3F2BF7D7A7AFB21FD6FD72/

I playing whit Flower's jar >.<'

The bug existing with loading save, and practically all characters on map are the bugs.

Sorry for my english.

HAHAH omg that made me feel better... that is nuts! they do look like flowerpots. GG

Etho
28th Aug 2011, 18:59
Just curious, I wouldn't think it's the problem, but how many people encountering issues are using the pre-order DLCs?

I started the game without DLC once and didn't encounter a single problem(just got to the 2nd hub).

After figuring out how to enable the Tactical Enhancement pack on steam, I started a new game and have had numerous crashes and just encountered the MCB Cloak and Dagger bug. Probably something totally unrelated, but it seemed weird to me.

very much agree with this.

Frol
28th Aug 2011, 19:22
Same issue here. I have 2 blue "x in traingle" mission markers alerting me that I need to neutralize two more MCD gang members, but it's impossible to get to these markers. I can get within about 30 feet from one direction, and 15 from another, but I'm pretty sure they are clipped into a place I cannot get to. The markers appear to be in the downtown apartments, but something is off. When I stand at either of the windows to enter the apartments and look at my map, I'm offset a good bit from the yellow shaded "downtown apartments" area. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, or if the map is off in that regard.

I'll have to move on without completing this mission for now, and retry it on another play through when a fix is in place (or maybe I'll just get lucky next time). Kind of a downer in what has been such a fun experience so far.

I have the same problem. There is one guy left to eliminate but he seems to be over the roof of the room where T-Bag was before I knocked him off. He hears me when I make noise, but I'm unable to reach him in any way.

I have the X-box 360 version BTW.

Thansk to adress the problem ASAP.

P4NCH0theD0G
28th Aug 2011, 20:56
Bug Report: Laser Sight overrides Iron Sights

Issue: When firing a weapon equipped with the Laser Sight while aiming down the Iron Sights, the bullet will always hit where the laser points, NOT where the Iron Sights aim, i.e. way below where the Iron Sights aim.

On the Combat Rifle, for example, the Laser Beam is so far below the Iron Sights, you cannot see it when aiming down the Iron Sights, which means you cannot even see where your bullet will hit.

To expand on the Iron Sights with Laser Mod dilemma:

A gun equipped with the Laser Sight Mod will always shoot its bullets where the laser points, even when you aim down the Iron Sights. Since the Laser is mounted below the barrel and the Iron Sights are above it, this results in shots hitting quite significantly lower than where your Iron Sights aim.

If you want to try, start a new game and once you get the Combat Rifle, fire a few shots at the wall with and without aiming down the Iron Sights. When the wall is less than 5 yards away, you CAN'T EVEN SEE the bullet holes you make when aiming down the Iron Sights. It means that if I want to head-shot someone in that distance I have to aim so far above his head that I CANNOT SEE his head anymore.
It's staggering.

There is simply no excuse for letting the laser-sight targeting override the Iron Sights. Which is exactly what happens here: It's not "The Laser points where the bullets will fly" but "the bullets will fly where the laser points, even if you aim down the Iron Sights and can't really see the laser".
It simply happens because someone forgot to put a line of code into the game that says: "If ADS=true : Laser Sight = False", which means "When aiming down the Iron Sights, the Laser Sight targeting is switched off." That is all.

Something like this should never get past the beta-testing stage.

Sorry if this seems rude, but it really chafes my understanding of professional pride.

jazman84
28th Aug 2011, 20:59
Minor bug. I picked up a Pocket Secretary , quick saved, then quick loaded and the secretary was gone from my logs and the item was gone from the game world too. I make sure I hard save after each PS I pick up now.

jazman84
28th Aug 2011, 21:02
Another bug/issue.

When you use your typhoon, any dmg that attempts to be dealt to you is ineffective. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, however, the Montreal boss was a cakewalk because her Typhoon charge did no dmg to me during my Typhoons. Kinda trivialized the encounter as I could just time my typhoons with her charge.

FastFord58
28th Aug 2011, 21:04
I have a problem in the Cloak and Daggers quest where I have to take out the MCB guys. One of them has spawned seemingly over 100M away from the location he is supposed to be. It looks as though he is floating off in the sky. I have scoped around the area with the sniper rifle and can't see him on the buildings. I have also tried many of the remedies that other people have tried, but to no avail. I have been trying to self remedy this issue for about three hours now with no success.

EDIT: I should note: PC version, i7 940, GTX285, 8GB Ram

Satmoche
28th Aug 2011, 21:08
Hi, I have a major bug in Deus EX HR. I play on ps3 for the record, and my mission is to retrieve the scientists in Singapour then to find Megan, once the virus is launched, a door is open and you can carry on your mission. The thing is I did not go there straight away since I wanted to accomplish the side mission. Once I did it, the door was locked and there is no way to get in... My last auto-save is after I succeeded the side mission and my manual one is a bit after the auto-save... Have you ever had this bug ? Any solution so far ?

JuliusMagnus
28th Aug 2011, 21:24
That's the thing though!! I can no longer select that suitcase, i was able to pick it up the first time i went through but it never completed in my log. Thanks for your response though, i'm hoping i'm not the only one experiencing this problem althought that's the way its looking right now unfortunately :(

You are not alone. I have the same issue.

At first I thought I failed Cloak and Dagger completely by being seen, but then I read being unseen was optional.

10hellfire01
29th Aug 2011, 02:26
Running DirectX 11 creates an anti-aliasing off appearance due to stereoscopic 3D. Fix via registry value.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=120627

Crashing consistently or during auto-saves causes corruption. Reload game a.s.a.p. before Cloud sync finishes. Exit, and verify integrity of game cache. Reload and a more recent save, not usually the last one, is available (Steam Only).

Jarush
29th Aug 2011, 02:41
I am not able to get ghost and smooth operator bonuses at all. I am sure I have done everything correctly because I have watched some youtube guides how to get ghost achievement and I have tried it about 15 times on first mission to retrieve Typhoon. I have also started the game about 5 times from the beginning because of that and tried also different difficulties (I have also tried to play to police station mission and complete it without any alarms couple times). And I never get ghost or smooth operator bonuses or ghost achievement. It's starting to get bit frustrating and I'm wondering if some other achievements are also bugged cause I'm aiming to pacifist and it wouldn't be nice to complete the game without killing anyone and not get the credit.

Playing pc, regular digital copy version of the game if that matters btw.

Please fix this bug as soon as possible, it's very annoying not to be able to get those experience bonuses & achievements.

jazman84
29th Aug 2011, 03:29
Minor bug. I picked up a Pocket Secretary , quick saved, then quick loaded and the secretary was gone from my logs and the item was gone from the game world too. I make sure I hard save after each PS I pick up now.

This happens very often by the way.

ShadowWolf471
29th Aug 2011, 05:03
Having an issue in which my Combat Rifle has no sound, and the Silencer is most definitely not attached. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm in China in the Alice pod hotel. The only upgrades on it are the laser sight and the bullet tracking system.

Dawodo
29th Aug 2011, 10:55
Bug Report - Infinite Weapon Upgrades

Reproduceable Bug (exploitable)

Game Version: Current, patched UK Steam Version (as of date "29.08.2011")

Common Behaviour:
If you try to pick up an upgraded weapon while owning another weapon of the same type, all ammunition AND all upgrades which have been applied to the weapon on the ground will be transferred to your weapon (if its of the same type or supports the upgrades).

Issue:
If your inventory is COMPLETELY filled (so that you CAN'T even pick up the ammunition of the weapon on the ground) and you try to pick up the weapon on the ground, no ammunition will be picked up BUT all upgrades will be applied to your weapon (like explained above). the point is, the weapon on the ground does not vanish nor loose its upgrades. If you try to pick it up again, you will receive the upgrades once again. You've just 'duped' the upgrades. You can repeat picking up the weapon to fully upgrade your own weapon.

Replicating:
1. Upgrade a weapon with one or more upgrades.
2. Fill it with at least a bit of ammunition.
3. Throw it on the ground.
4. Get another weapon of the same type.
5. Fill your inventory so that you can't pick up anything (not even ammunition of the type of the weapon you are using right now.
6. Try to pick up the weapon you threw on the ground multiply times.

Workaround:
Don't overfill your inventory, unless you don't care to exploit that bug.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a pm!

Dawodo

kalleklappstuhl
29th Aug 2011, 11:17
I had a problem with the quest "Motherly Ties".
The quest showed up as finished and when I went to Cassandra Reed to complete the mission, it offered me 3 dialogue options and after that the dialogue stayed open with no options and I could not do anything so i had to restart the game.

I read in another thread that you have to talk to Chet Wagner in the police department but he is not there...
And why does the game then tell me that the mission is complete and I can go to Mrs. Reed to get my reward?
As I did not have a savegame at the start of Detroit I decided to go on and leave the quest unfinished.

But would be nice if that was going to be fixed in a patch soon.

EDIT: Just found this video showing the bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edSFmHYA28Q

Cloakedfigure
29th Aug 2011, 15:41
I have noticed that the conversations npc's have between each other when you walk by them do not always trigger. The trigger for there banter is in one spot and if you take a different root such as come at them from left rather then the right the conversation will not trigger at all.

I have tested this out on and so far it's true with almost every npc conversation, if you do not approach them at the right angle where the trigger is, you will never hear the conversation. You can tell if they are suppose to be talking as when you go up to them and they do not answer you right away when you use the E button, they are in the middle of a conversation you just can't hear it.

pariah
29th Aug 2011, 17:36
Anyone else have this weird alt tabbing bug where sometime you can't click anything using your mouse? Like after alt tabbing i can't click any of the button on menu and also on items.

I have the game on latest update on steam.

kettu555
29th Aug 2011, 20:44
I'm playing Deus Ex:HR on PC Steam edition and I am in the mission called, Gaining access to Tai Yong Medical. I have the smart card and the hacked thing you get from the hacker in the pod. But when I go to the shuttle that's supposed to take me to TYM, there is no shuttle there. I have tried loading my older saves and doing missions a bit different and stuff but nothing seems to work. I am REALLY enjoying the game so far but now obviously I can't play further in the story. Could someone please help with the issue and has anyone else had this?

lellyville
29th Aug 2011, 21:03
I have this exact same problem. The damn table is indestructable too so you cant smash it to grab the card.
Please fix this ASAP as this is gamebreaking.:mad2:

Someone please fix the THE TYM card problem, can't pick it up, stuck forever and ever

lellyville
29th Aug 2011, 21:27

same same helphelp?

P4NCH0theD0G
30th Aug 2011, 03:38
Bug: Deaths from Non Lethal Weapons

Issue: People die a horrible, unnecessary death. (And it probably ruins "Pacifist", too)

Two times in Detroit, once when I had to go get the Gang Banger for the Lady of the Night, and once when I tranq'ed a police officer for reasons I will not expand on, my targets died for no apparent reason. Once with the stun gun, once with the tranq rifle, respectively. With the stun gun I even got Merciful Soul, but he still died.

synergy421
30th Aug 2011, 07:29
So I managed to do all of the side quests and main quests from the first visit to Detroit without any kind of user interface (not knowing where you're shooting made it interesting). Lots of loaded saves later I finished. It would be nice to play the rest of the game as it was intended. Other than this the only issue I had was the case inside the gang's weapon stash not being interact-able until I left the area and came back. Please fix this issue, looked forward to playing this game but I don't think I'll touch it until this issue is fixed.

FluffyPuppy
30th Aug 2011, 08:50

can i get a refund? i seriously reported the bugs with screen shots and other people and links etc to get BS like this. do you ppl even recognize the bug now? or is it still something I THINK i may have done but need to double check.. Like yeah I CANT CLIP THROUGH WALLS.

JCD
30th Aug 2011, 11:02
Just reporting I am one more user having a problem with the Cloak and Dagger mission - Double-T doesn't spawn (PC Collector's Edition).

CaffeinatedRum
30th Aug 2011, 13:17
I too have found that applying a second rate-of-fire upgrade to my assault rifle kills its sound (before anyone asks, no, i did not apply a silencer upgrade at any point). This is a repeatable bug in my PS3 copy of the game.

jaywalker2309
30th Aug 2011, 15:32
After I finished all of the mission cleared ALL of the guards from where you face Yelena to the top near the helicopter area, played it couple of times, changed difficulty tried to go everywhere but I cannot finish the mission.

When I go to a lower or upper part it shows that my objective is here.So for every room the objective is there, it is automatically updating the objective per room.
I cannot see the VTOL and have tried everything.I am playing to Give Me Deus Ex and this bug is game-breaking.The game is like in top 5 games from 2011 but this bug slices my gameplay until fixed.

I uploaded saves here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fa08ucf1u2qlka5

Also here are couple of screenshots from steam cloud:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/dekkftw/screenshots/?tab=public&showdate=1&filter=app_28050

Heya, just went thru this with the qa guys, they came back with this

Hi, SpectreIX
We’ve just verified the issue mentioned in your post along with the provided save files in the mediafire link. Using Save File #10, if you return to room 802-11, there is a hallway that can be found there where Feridah Malik will land at a second Helipad and Jensen will be extracted to the following Chapter once you’ve confirmed with her that you wish to leave Picus.
The reason why you were encountering this issue is that you had returned to the initial area at the beginning of the level – where Malik will not appear a second time.. This Chapter can only be completed by being extracted at the second helipad once you have defeated the boss encounter and reached the designated area.
Hopefully this has helped and that you can continue on with your progress
This image shows the map
(http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/dxhr20110830111324192.jpg/)

CartyPL
30th Aug 2011, 15:58
Just reporting I am one more user having a problem with the Cloak and Dagger mission - Double-T doesn't spawn (PC Collector's Edition).
Almost same problem on PS3 version (polish language edition to be more specific, my english is not so good, sorry), but on PS3 one or sometimes two bodyguards are above the room, Double T is always in room so it's not problem to knock him down. But without eliminating his all bodyguards I can't complete this task.
Shooting the ceiling does not help. Dunno what to do.

FIX THIS GOD DAMN BUG EIDOS, PLEASE

FluffyPuppy
30th Aug 2011, 18:13
Almost same problem on PS3 version (polish language edition to be more specific, my english is not so good, sorry), but on PS3 one or sometimes two bodyguards are above the room, Double T is always in room so it's not problem to knock him down. But without eliminating his all bodyguards I can't complete this task.

admin says its not a bug

JCD
30th Aug 2011, 18:16

I wasted some good time on this quest - it seemed strange that I cleared the room and Double-T was not there...I supposed he was hiding in another apartment in the same building but no...

After doing every quest possible (unless I haven't found sth secret - no walkthroughs here) in Detroit, I begun re-exploring everything in order to find him...I even turned on the objective marker and then I was certain it was a bug. He appears to "teleport" from certain locations, just when I reach some certain points. I' ve tried setting him on "alert" mode with explosives, but nothing happens.

I am definitely:

- NOT going to start Detroit again in order to get this quest
- NOT going to leave Detroit until there is a fix (a "console cheat" at least in order to force him appear)

I have seen similar threads all over the internet, this is definitely a bug. If Eidos needs any more info, I would kindly provide them.

TMPhoenix
30th Aug 2011, 19:38
I have encountered a few bugs:

- I'm having a problem with the merchant in the hotel you first arrive at in China:
Speaking to him does nothing; I found another thread on another forum from someone with the same issue.

- I also had the missing MCB and missing double T problem; double T suddenly appeared after returning to the area, but the missing MCB gang member was apparently in the room above the one he's supposed to be in and that's where he stayed; ran around for about an hour trying to get to him, but I eventually gave up and cheated in a laser and zapped him trough the floor, though obviously this is not the way it should work: he should spawn in the correct place.

- Sometimes stunned characters will be dead upon reloading a saved game.

TMPhoenix
30th Aug 2011, 20:10
I have encountered a few bugs:

- I'm having a problem with the merchant in the hotel you first arrive at in China:
Speaking to him does nothing; I found another thread on another forum from someone with the same issue.

- I also had the missing MCB and missing double T problem; double T suddenly appeared after returning to the area, but the missing MCB gang member was apparently in the room above the one he's supposed to be in and that's where he stayed; ran around for about an hour trying to get to him, but I eventually gave up and cheated in a laser and zapped him trough the floor, though obviously this is not the way it should work: he should spawn in the correct place.

- Sometimes stunned characters will be dead upon reloading a saved game.

Penfolde
31st Aug 2011, 01:53
Spoilers------spoilers

Hi all,
BUG--Problem I have is with "Double-T" side mission, Have seen other comments with the problem, I've Captured "T" and killed his gang but one Of the gang member is missing, the next to the sofa out side his flat is not there at the moment. I have made him appear when I throw a stun grenade into the flat but the missing gang member Killed Me instantly. I've shot my way through the wall in the corridor to try and make him appear .... With no luck, the marker is pointing the the spot where the gang member should be standing.

My problem is with the PC Version.

Penfolde

Spoiler----------SPOILER

Further to my last Bug, I back tracked to a earlier save and tried to get round the Invisible man, no luck, tried a different approach, The in visible man seems to of jump in the flat at the beginning to Double-T's corridor, The flat with the Security lock on the door which is disabled. There's a voice coming from inside the other flat and the side mission marker is point to someone/something in side.

Penfolde

Dougz
31st Aug 2011, 04:17
ps3

i insert the game in my ps3
i press start
i select continue
black screen ! cant do a soft reset, i needed to unplug my ps3 !!! i never needed to do this before ! even with fallout new vegas ( by mentioning this game , it means a lot)

it is a new ps3, adult owned.smoke free environment.

P4NCH0theD0G
31st Aug 2011, 05:39
---Spoilers---Spoilers---Stephanie Brown---

Bug: Shanghai - Alice Pod Gardens - Malik Sidequest: No mention of Police Report.

Issue: Jansen and Malik both reference in their dialog a police report nobody has talked about yet.

---Spoilers---

When Jansen encounters Malik in the Pod Gardens, you can talk her into getting a side quest. Malik will tell you that she used to live there, with a friend. Her friend died. Jansen says it's very sad. Malik tells him her friend was murdered by her boyfriend. Jansen says that if that were true, the police would have investigated, "bloodspatter, you've seen the police report." Yet nobody mentioned a police report. It's like a piece of the dialog is missing, where Malik tells Jansen that she got her hands on the police report of her friend's death and things don't add up of something...

fresh fish 101
31st Aug 2011, 07:51
hello, i am encountering a major bug/ glitch where the entire HUD dissapears randomly without a trace.

i am playing on xbox360.

this happens when i am in china the first time doing the "rotten business" side quest. i cant get the HUD back and its extremely frustrating. i cannot continue enjoying the game untill this (and many others) bug is fixed.

thank you

Vantriztic
31st Aug 2011, 15:51
The traq gun is supposed to be a non-lethal way to take down enemies, but occasionally when I shoot someone (body or head; tried both) it shows a skull instead of the "Zzz". I'm doing a pacifist run, which is clearly impossible when your only long range non-lethal weapon kills people :confused: . I first noticed this when doing the Double-T part of the Cloak and Daggers side mission which seems to have the most glitches according to other players.

Other info:

- I have pre-ordered DLC (extra mission + explosives + grenade launcher)

- I'm playing on PS3

Thanks for listening and I hope you can fix this soon, because honestly I'm addicted to this game. Its like Metal Gear meets Mass Effect. Simply awesome :D

Rekka
31st Aug 2011, 18:30
I have trouble finishing S3 mission, when I meet Megans mom (i think) and are ready to complete the mission, when I have done "three talks" with her they dont talk anymore but the same scene is still there and switching from her to me like they are talking but they are not. So then I have to load to previous save.

Whats that about? Have anyone got the same problem?

lowenz
31st Aug 2011, 23:28
Little problem with the disabled frag mines AFTER a save load: there's a red square behind them!

BugReporting
31st Aug 2011, 23:53
I think the Cloak and Dagger bug has to do with the Tactical Enhancement pack from the preorder content. I'm playing through without it now, I'll see if the enemies in the apartment spawn in a killable location.

Rtech
31st Aug 2011, 23:58
Bug with Jenny Alexander Quest.

Last MCB Gang Member missing. Map shows he is somewhere above in an area I cannot reach.

Playing on Give Me Deus Ex Difficulty

System Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 460
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 2784 MB
Dedicated Memory: 993 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: ACER AL2216W

BugReporting
1st Sep 2011, 03:22
Yes, now all the gang members are accessable.

EVERYBODY TAKE NOTE! The Tactical Enhancement Pack prevents the Cloak and Dagger quest from being completable. Deleting it from your system and starting a new game will fix the problem. If you are having a problem with sidequests, I suggest removing all extra content and trying again with a basic version of the game.

THE TACTICAL ENHANCEMENT PACK IS BUGGED.

Rtech
1st Sep 2011, 03:24
I only have the standard version, don't have any tactical pack.

BugReporting
1st Sep 2011, 06:14
Damn, I guess this glitch has nothing to do with the Tac Pack, and it was just random for me that it worked. But it didn't work for me before, there is an issue here.

Scouser3008
1st Sep 2011, 08:14
Thought I'd copy pasta my other post to here as this thread is getting a lot more views.

I have a very similar issue, I have just done the Lvl 5 Security garage door in the detroit alleys, now whenever I try to leave those alleys I crash in two exact points on both exit alleys.

However, I was able to go into the other apartment building with the Security level 5 door on the top floor, hack in and loot everything there.

Initially this was a hard crash causing me to C-A-D and force close Deus Ex, with DX11 disabled it now CTD's but it is worth noting I have played the game with no problems up until now.

Whalecore
1st Sep 2011, 13:09
I'm in this mission (Gaining access to Tai Yong medical) where you have to go to the Hung Hua hotel to the 4th floor and in the corner room there is supposed to be some key card on the table, but whenever I go there you can see the key card but It's under the table and you can't pick it up.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2546/deu3.jpg

I can't move on in the game until i'll get it :(

Deu sex
1st Sep 2011, 15:51
I encountered an extremely annoying bug in Panchea, ennemies wasn't attacking me the first time I played it !!!

they were rushing on me, but no attacks !!!! way to ruin a final...

I noticed also a bug which deletes the scope with the laser rifle when the crosshair option is off.

FluffyPuppy
1st Sep 2011, 22:10
Damn, I guess this glitch has nothing to do with the Tac Pack, and it was just random for me that it worked. But it didn't work for me before, there is an issue here.

i dont have the pack but i do havet he glitch. sorry theres no workaround to a bad spawn. its eidos's fault/problem. seeing as ppl on all 3 systems get this glitch. o course they will just tell us "Other ppl have passed this with no problem"

and dont even need to get started on the card/table in china.

sgt0pimienta
2nd Sep 2011, 01:57

hehehe,change your definition to a different one and set it back

Hehehe,just change your definition and sset it back to normal

sgt0pimienta
2nd Sep 2011, 02:02
I have found 2 bothersome bugs:

1:Some characters (the working woman in the street at detroit) get morhped into the ground smetimes

2:the Megan investigation quest (in wich you must find out if something was wrong with the case investigation)
is kind of bugged,if you try to finish it after you finish all quests (probably only main quests) you won't be able to complete it,because when you chat you get 2 options:

Goobye and complete quest

if you choose complete quest you get different options,wich are all info about the case,the chat organization looks like its made so that when you finish telling ms.Reed all the info,you will get a completed quest,and a get back button to close the chat,but the get back button doesn't exist,you finish all your options and then you are stuck,the game doesn't freeze,but you just can't get out of chat.

UmbraProphet
2nd Sep 2011, 02:22

I'm experiencing the same problem, and I would like to make sure that it is recognized as an issue.

bucyrus5000
2nd Sep 2011, 15:19
Xbox 360: M8 - Extraction main mission.

When I try to board Malik's helicopter at the end of the mission as soon as she's finished speaking the game crashes. I've tried everything to get around this, including starting a new game, but nothing works. I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned here already, because it's been talked about on other forums.

I'm having a similar problem on PC, I'm trying to complete m8 extraction but can't interact with Malik's chopper.

Iron and Copper
2nd Sep 2011, 19:43
I'm trying to avoid spoilers here so I haven't read through the forum on this and it may have been covered.
I just tried to upgrade to Recoil Compensation 1 from the Carry Heavy Loads aug but I can't buy it. I should be able to skip the punch through walls path, I don't want it, but there is no buy option?

CartyPL
2nd Sep 2011, 23:19
admin says its not a bug
Yup, and I'm Prince Charming :rasp:

IT IS A BUG!!!

If it's not a bug the how he (oh mighty admin) could explain that in time of shooting with Double-T bodyguards one of them is 9-10 meters above the room. When I start shooting in ceiling in his direction sometime he fall down, but almost always 20-25 meters below ground level. So still I can't reach him!!!
For my about 30 trials only once he felt down on my level, but I used almost all my ammo to do this.

So... if it's not a bug then what is it??? Weird idea of creators????

sgt0pimienta
2nd Sep 2011, 23:36
Originally Posted by Teevar View Post

I think you didn't pick up what you were supposed to,there are htree groups of items there:

1-A bunch of weapons
2-one (i think two) crates
3-the pickable item

i did a mistake wich i belive you too comited,i picked up the weapons thinking that was the stash (because the crates aren't pickable) and walked away,luckily,20 secondsd later i noticed i hadn't completed the objective,i went back and i found the black case wich is the actual quest item.

jc.denton
3rd Sep 2011, 13:18
have seen the same thing happen can only see the enemies gunfire . i even saw two muzzle flashes one on the stairs directly inline with the bottom flashfire
i managed to kill the lower enemy but there was no body or enemy upstairs and gunfire was coming from there too. issue occured twice in 1 playthru of full game.
so nothing serious. i also saw a funny shot 2 guys with knockdown emp gun and they flew thru the air a few seconds later like there reaction was delayed.

DeeGeeFi
3rd Sep 2011, 15:02
I'm a "completionist", or I want to collect everything. I'm pretty annoyed that I can't get "The Last Straw" achievement because the game has locked to the "Sandoval gets agressive and starts shooting" option instead of the "need to talk him down from suicide" option even when I got Taggert to tell me where he is.
Apparently other people have met this bug, as it's already on the wikia page for Sandoval (http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Isaias_Sandoval#Bugs).

Niko838
3rd Sep 2011, 16:06
Hey,

I have a problem with the cloak & dagger quest. It's worth noting that I talked to Jenny before Pritchard informed me that she wanted to meet. So, the problem is as follows: Talked to O'malley and he told me to get the crossbow and get rid of Double-T. The only problem is that there's no mention of either the crossbow or Double-T on the quest log, so can't find the crossbow (I know where it's supposed to be) or get rid of Double-T (as he's not in his appartment).

Everything else is there (go into O'malley's appartment, go into DRB territory and find the weapons stash and try to be silent). So while I'm in DRB territory, I notice that the normal talk around there doesn't occur. For example, when there should be talk about a rocket launcher and that "no one should use it or get near the elevator" or some such, there's no talk and the two NPC's just stand there (When they should be talking and after that move away).

After I've gotten rid of Barrett and return to Detroit and go talk to Jenny she just says that "Make it quick" which she shouldn't say, as I've completed all the objectives on my Journal, there's no way to the complete quest.

I've uploaded my save files to the following link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0t0co7fkkhjvd3p

Save file number 34 is after I've returned to Detroit after the incident with Barrett and it should be close to Double-T's apartment. You should/could go see Jenny and confirm that something's not right with the quest

Savefile 35 is in DRB-territory just before that aforementioned glitch in conversation which should occur. Just continue to go behind the storage containers and you should come across the 2 DRB thugs who don't talk when they should.

Thanks Eidos for looking and others too :cool:

And sorry for the wall-of-text

EDIT: Uploaded all my savefiles in RAR to make it a bit easier and to make sure that no important files are missing.

folk
3rd Sep 2011, 18:08
You guys going to fix these bugs sometimes this year or what?

Malkavellian
3rd Sep 2011, 18:24
First minor bug I had was at the hotel in Hengsha.
The prostitute who assigns you to the mission to find her kidnapped freind:
After returning at some point after first speaking to her, I found her character model standing still, with stiff arms pointing to her sides and with a badly clipped datacube in her left hand. The interaction with her was normal, but her stance did not change.

The second I got now was when fighting the punkerchick after infiltrating the Montreal broadcast complex.
I used an EMP grenade to stun her (together with my fully upgraded cloaking aug). This caused her to freeze idefinetly and I could unload my arsenal at her. She would uncloak when hit and cloak again when I had to reload, but not move or return fire. When she went down and the cutscene was about to play, the game froze. Tried to return to windows, and the game went to main menu. Loading a saved game from here caused my PC to freeze and I had to restart.

P4NCH0theD0G
3rd Sep 2011, 22:04
Bug: Double Takedowns

Issue: Double Takedowns don't always work when they should.

Double Takedowns on two sitting enemies: No takedown possible, no prompt.

Double Takedowns on one standing and one sitting enemy: Can only do one takedown, not both at the same time.

P4NCH0theD0G
3rd Sep 2011, 22:08
Bug: Leaning through doors in Cover

Issue: When Leaning through a door in cover, stepping into the room, once you exit cover you get transported back to the outside of the door where you entered cover.

When you take cover at a door, you can aim around the frame until you are actually on the other side; i.e. you take cover outside to the left of the door, you aim out of cover and keep aiming to the left until Adam actually steps inside the room. But when you exit cover, you are back on the outside of the room

DeepSojourn
3rd Sep 2011, 22:43
Someone please fix the THE TYM card problem, can't pick it up, stuck forever and ever

I am also experiencing this bug on the PS3 version. I entered this building and room while exploring, almost immediately after arriving from Detroit. At that time, I knocked out the guy whose card you wind up having to steal, and left the working girl who was with him alone. This was before completing any missions in the area. Now, after going back, I am unable to loot the card. It is highlighted, and the its location is properly homed in on your HUD.

xDerivative
4th Sep 2011, 00:46
Here's a pretty bad glitch that I have heard Eidos is not taking seriously - in Cloak and Daggers the MCB guard outside of double-t's door can get stuck in the wall or the ceiling making the quest impossible to complete. Here's a video I made of the glitch for easier reference.

LfYUtNKsHBo

Puce Moose
4th Sep 2011, 02:17
I'm experiencing some HUD corruption on my system. It's not overly distracting, but it does seem to be a bug, so I thought I'd post an image showcasing the corruption. The radar has a small hotspot in each of the four corners where a small series of tan/gold pixels will dance. I'm attaching an image showing the corruption (You may have to zoom the images to see the corruption; easier to see in motion). I've used some test images to verify that it's not stuck pixels on my monitor.

http://www.pucemoose.com/pics/hud1.jpg

System:
Windows 7 64-bit
Radeon 5850 (Cat 11.7)
1920x1080 resolution
All settings on max except for SSAO(normal), DOF (normal)
4 GB Ram
Soundblaster x-fi extreme gamer
Intel C2D e8500

Zoopster
4th Sep 2011, 04:15
Yup, I am getting this too on the PC version. Can't pick up the security card under the table. This is maddening, my only other manual savegame is at least 8 hours old!

P4NCH0theD0G
4th Sep 2011, 04:31
Bug: Takedown

Issue: Can't perform Takedown on Sitting Enemy

SPOILER:

This happens in Hengsha, the Harvester Hideout, when looking for Shevshenko. Right before you get into the room your mission marker is on...
... there are two guys sitting on their cots with their backs to you. You can crouch right behind them on the bed but you can't perform a takedown. No, I tried, even though there is no prompt you still cannot do it. They register as hostile, unaware, but it just doesn't happen...

notsoangry
4th Sep 2011, 05:44
Missplaced muzzleflash from guns with higher Field of view setting then 75. the more you go up the more you can notice,at 100 its like coming from the top of the gun instead of the barrel.

PC version of course.

BugReporting
4th Sep 2011, 08:18
Here's a pretty bad glitch that I have heard Eidos is not taking seriously - in Cloak and Daggers the MCB guard outside of double-t's door can get stuck in the wall or the ceiling making the quest impossible to complete. Here's a video I made of the glitch for easier reference.

LfYUtNKsHBo

Thanks for posting a video of this issue. This is similar to how the last guy fell through the ceiling for me. Hopefully now they see there is a problem here, even if it doesn't happen every time, it happens often enough.

Also, if you install the game on your Xbox hard drive, it cuts loading times in half, or more. It's definitely worth clearing space for it, it should only take a few gigs.

Rtech
4th Sep 2011, 15:48
I'm experiencing some HUD corruption on my system. It's not overly distracting, but it does seem to be a bug, so I thought I'd post an image showcasing the corruption. The radar has a small hotspot in each of the four corners where a small series of tan/gold pixels will dance. I'm attaching an image showing the corruption (You may have to zoom the images to see the corruption; easier to see in motion). I've used some test images to verify that it's not stuck pixels on my monitor.

http://www.pucemoose.com/pics/hud1.jpg

System:
Windows 7 64-bit
Radeon 5850 (Cat 11.7)
1920x1080 resolution
All settings on max except for SSAO(normal), DOF (normal)
4 GB Ram
Soundblaster x-fi extreme gamer
Intel C2D e8500

I have the same problem but I have a GeForce GTX 460. So we can eliminate this being a problem with ATI (AMD) and Nvidia cards alone.

Rtech
4th Sep 2011, 15:53
Here is another guy with some HUD display issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWfh_6bBqI

DDastardly
4th Sep 2011, 16:34
There's a minor issue with the syncing of gunfire sounds on the PC version which it would be great to get a fix for. Basically the shot sounds aren't correctly synced with firing. This is particularly noticeable when you have an automatic weapon equipped and tap fire once. Your ammo goes down by one but you often hear two gun shot effects instead of one.
Cheers,
DD

FreakLAN
4th Sep 2011, 19:51
Bug: *** STUCK *** at Omega Ranch

Issue: Door doesn't open after virus upload at Omega Ranch

After uploading virus at Omega Ranch, I go back to trap the exiting guards, but when I return to the door, this one was closed with no possibility to reopen it.

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/7850892011090400001.jpg

I saw the problem to late and all my auto and quick saves are "corrupted".
I hope there is a solution to patch a save to correct this bug I'm discouraged to rebegin for such a reason ...

PC Version.

Regards.

P4NCH0theD0G
4th Sep 2011, 22:46
Bug: Target Leading Upgrade

Issue: Targeting is off when aiming vertically down at a target.

When standing on a ledge and aiming down at an enemy almost vertically, the smaller targeting circle, the one you should shoot at, will be totally off target, about a yard next to the enemy, not even touching it. Shooting it will have no effect (other than alerting him).

Kryonix
4th Sep 2011, 22:52
Bug- Tripped an EMP mine and my HUD is now CONTINUOUSLY rebooting and failing and has been for over an hour of continuous game play :mad2:

CojakSilverBack
5th Sep 2011, 01:22
Picus Labs - After Defeating Fedorova, Malik lands, if you tell Malik to wait and go back to the beginning of the level (to collect ammo and such) when you come back Malik will not take you home anymore. It may be worthy of note that I picked up the praxis kit in the first major enemy room on the return trip, but unlikely.

Having the same issue, finished the level when to chopper told her to wait looted the level went back said to take off and now it wont, does an auto save, and updates my objectives but chopper will not take off.:mad2:

Protoba
5th Sep 2011, 02:53
Xbox 360 Version

Frame-Rate Drops when zoomed in on the Tranquilizer Rifle

Random Frame-Rate Drops throughout Detroit Exteriors (Not Loading Related)

Cover-System issues where leaning above cover and firing will only shoot your cover (Geometry issue) and not your intended target

Dropped weapons (pistol) will bob through floor geometry

P4NCH0theD0G
5th Sep 2011, 04:46
Bug: Talon A.D. Sidequest

Issue: Pocket Secretary with info about "Safe Spot in the Sewers" not registering correctly to complete objective and show new waypoint.

Platform: Xbox 360

In the Talon A.D. quest, when you first find the backroom of the butcher's shop, down the stairs is a body. When you search that body you will find a Pocket Secretary and your new objective is to read the secretary to find a new clue and new waypoint. Sometimes the info of the Pocket Secretary shows as normal. Sometimes it is somehow moved to the very bottom of the list. In every case (five tries so far) the reading of the relevant message (safe spot in sewers) will not trigger a completion of the current objective. The objective "Read Pocket Secretary" will not complete. Therefore you will not get a new waypoint. If you still manage to find the "safe spot in the sewers" the game will register the "Read Pocket Secretary" as failed, complete the next objective in line (one you never even saw until now) and urges you on to finish the quest.

Rtech
5th Sep 2011, 13:00
Bug: Talon A.D. Sidequest

Issue: Pocket Secretary with info about "Safe Spot in the Sewers" not registering correctly to complete objective and show new waypoint.

Platform: Xbox 360

In the Talon A.D. quest, when you first find the backroom of the butcher's shop, down the stairs is a body. When you search that body you will find a Pocket Secretary and your new objective is to read the secretary to find a new clue and new waypoint. Sometimes the info of the Pocket Secretary shows as normal. Sometimes it is somehow moved to the very bottom of the list. In every case (five tries so far) the reading of the relevant message (safe spot in sewers) will not trigger a completion of the current objective. The objective "Read Pocket Secretary" will not complete. Therefore you will not get a new waypoint. If you still manage to find the "safe spot in the sewers" the game will register the "Read Pocket Secretary" as failed, complete the next objective in line (one you never even saw until now) and urges you on to finish the quest.

I experienced the same problem on the PC.

Kurosawa
5th Sep 2011, 18:27
People die from stun gun shots or takedowns. I know that this already a known bug.
I encountered this on MANY occations in Detroit.
For example:
1) armed drug customer in apartment. Made a takedown, guy is unconscious. Moved him a little bit --> dead!!!
2) Drug dealers on basketball "field". It took me 15 (!!!!!) attempts to beat them without killing them! Tried several tactics, stun gun and takedowns. In every case one of them was dead!

Sorry, but as much as I love this game, this bug SUCKS! :-(

System: PS3

Vinsanity
6th Sep 2011, 00:41
Bug: I have suffered the "HUD disappearing" glitch on the PS3 version of Human Revolution.

Details:
I was in Detroit - Highland Park - FEMA Facility Detention Center. 2nd Floor (-2)

After you get through the large room where you first encounter the giant robot, and are in that hallway where there's some glass panes and you can look down into the -3 floor to see a guard patrolling, I alerted someone (probably the guy in -3 saw me), and decided to wait out the Alert state. So I went into cover on one of the pillars sticking out from the wall, put my dual shock down and went to my computer for 20 minutes-to-a half hour.

When I came back, the HUD was gone. Thinking it was no big deal and just something that happens during inactivity, I started to move to see if it would come back. No dice. I started doing things - reloading my weapon, going in and out of cover, cloaking - nothing. Now I was getting frustrated, so I threw an EMP grenade at my feet and stood in the blast. This is SO not cool Eidos; it still ran the "HUD Scrambling/Rebooting components of the HUD" animation - EVEN THOUGH THE HUD WASN'T THERE AND DIDN'T COME BACK!

Oh, and both my Auto-Saves, as well as my Save Game 1 (I just overwrite my saves all the time. Something I should know better than to do by now when it comes to western games. Sometimes I hate this cultural mentality of "ship it with glitches, than release patches later"...) suffer from the glitch. So I'm boned; I can't just go back to an earlier save.

I hope those details help and I hope even more you're working on a patch for the PS3 version as we speak. It seems like the PC version will get priority here, and unfortunately I feel like the Xbox version is getting more attention paid to it as well. But the PS3 version needs a patch just as badly guys. In the meantime, I have plenty of other games in my back catalog to keep playing. Eventually I'll come back to DX3 - I just don't wanna have to start over right now. I'll just start a new game if a patch isn't at least announced relatively soon. Except I guess I should clear some Hard Drive space, because I won't be overwriting one Save Game again, that's for sure.

Please fix it! The rest of the game so far was amazing, and it was just getting really good. I had JUST pumped some Praxis into the cloaking ability in this facility, so I was starting to play around with that. Even with just 3 seconds, it's insanely useful and cool.

EDIT: Here's some, admittedly *****ty, pics I took of the areas via my cell phone camera:
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q164/vinsanityv20/Photo0149.jpg

and here's how it was when it first disappeared, when I had walked away from my PS3 waiting for the guards to stop being alarmed.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q164/vinsanityv20/Photo0150.jpg

Pengalor
6th Sep 2011, 04:55
Yet another person here to report on Cloaks and Daggers glitching. My last MCB member is floating in the air somewhere around 120 meters from the top of the fire escape outside the building, he is impossible to hit, he is invisible, can't be alerted in any way so I can do nothing. I have literally done every other thing I can do before it pushes me to China bar this quest and I don't know if I can come back to this hub once the issue is fixed (if it's ever fixed...).

And I said this in another thread but the replies from the 'admins' I have seen in threads are horrifically unprofessional. This is a fresh game that cost us 50 or 60 dollars and there are massive, game-breaking glitches and you feel it's a great idea to make jokes about it? It would be one thing if these were minor glitches but some of them are completely stopping the progress of peoples' games. I would like to know if the moderators work on the development team for the game, if so I'll make sure to avoid their games in the furture. It's a shame because the game itself is quite good and if we were told that they are aware of the issue and working on it then maybe I might have a little faith.