PDA

View Full Version : Eidos officially working on a fix????

goinSTEALTH
23rd Aug 2011, 17:43
I haven't seen any announcements showing that you guys know a lot of people can't even get the game to start. Are you actually working on a fix for this issue? I've played the beta so I know my PC can handle it. Makes no sense. Thinking I'm going to have to ask for a refund if nothing changes.

FuzzyPuffin
23rd Aug 2011, 17:46
Did you verify your cache or delete your clientregistry.blob file in your Steam folder? I had to do the former to get the game to run.

bk12321
23rd Aug 2011, 17:50
also after you try verifying file integrity, try lowering the resolution through the launcher before starting the game.

sgtinvincible
23rd Aug 2011, 17:53
Most of us can't even get to the launcher, but thanks for the ideas nonetheless.

goinSTEALTH
23rd Aug 2011, 17:54
Did you verify your cache or delete your clientregistry.blob file in your Steam folder? I had to do the former to get the game to run.

I verified the cache which didn't work. Just deleted that .blob file. Now it says "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time." Ok, right now I'm borderline furious. This is crazy.

nuchbutter
23rd Aug 2011, 17:57
Stealth, mine is running fine. Dang. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...

FuzzyPuffin
23rd Aug 2011, 18:01
Some people on the steam forums are saying they had to obtain an .exe for someone and install it manually to get the game to run.

goinSTEALTH
23rd Aug 2011, 18:05
Some people on the steam forums are saying they had to obtain an .exe for someone and install it manually to get the game to run.

I love PC gaming, but having to jump through all these damn hoops to get a game to start is silly. What's even more frustrating is not hearing from Eidos about this issue. WTF?

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 18:51
I love PC gaming, but having to jump through all these damn hoops to get a game to start is silly. What's even more frustrating is not hearing from Eidos about this issue. WTF?

I've been trying to work thru the issue with you, i was just heading home, am here now.. what was the result of the driver update? did you find new drivers? (posting across multiple threads makes updating things difficult)

loltank
23rd Aug 2011, 23:28
im still stuck crashing.
ive tried everything listed.

JonathanT
24th Aug 2011, 03:30

Was it the win7 version of the DX:HR .exe, by any chance? When I played the leaked beta, the regular .exe didn't work...only the one with win7 in the name did, even though I don't have Windows 7. Go figure...