PDA

View Full Version : KEYBOARD & MOUSE & CONTROLLER -Key Mapping/Customise, Mouse Lag, Controls -All Issues

thatguy3141
23rd Aug 2011, 16:57
I am having a big issue with the mouse lag in the game. My framerate is buttery smooth, but when I go to start moving around there is a very noticeable lag. This manifests itself the worst in combat. I will go to move the crosshair over an enemy's head and when I stop moving, the crossair does not. It just sails right past my target.

Furthermore I have looked around and can not find any sort of ini or cfg files that will allow me to disable the mouse smoothing and enable direct input. WHY IS THIS NOT AN OPTION IN THE GAME? Why has every console port for years now kept these features enabled?

lhaymehr
23rd Aug 2011, 17:05
Turn off VSync and see if it helps.

sea
23rd Aug 2011, 17:17
Turn the mouse Y sensitivity to roughly twice as much as your regular sensitivity(i.e. if one is 5, the other should be 10). That fixed most issues for me, though yes, the mouse still isn't quite as responsive as, say, in Call of Duty or Unreal Tournament. Doubt there's a solution for that.

NOTtheMessiah
23rd Aug 2011, 17:21
I could't find any ini files and I don't know how to access the command console. If anyone knows anything that can be of use to me, please share it.

First, it seems that no matter what settings (ratio of vertical vs horizontal sensitivity), it seems that moving the mouse horizontally and vertically feel different. It seems to get really weird during the intro cutscene where horizontal head movement is severely restricted.

Second, the issue at hand: negative mouse acceleration. This is a product of the game development process, where mouse acceleration is implemented to account for using analog sticks for aiming, but are irrelevant to mouse+wasd, since a mouse maps displacement one-to-one and an analog stick maps displacement to rotation speed/acceleration. Sometimes games leave this on by default (Bioshock is notable for this) causing a non-injective mapping to screen space which can break user-interface immersion, but usually, this can be disabled via an in-game menu, modification to an ini file, or console command. I can't find any of these with Human Revolution.

EDIT:
RESOLVED by turning v-sync off. Did some tests (thank you LordWeasel) and seems like I was mistaken about mouse acceleration. Sluggish movement with v-sync enabled caused mouse lag, and I mistook it for mouse acceleration. Need to run more tests to figure out what still feels weird with vertical movement. Still wouldn't mind an ini file, as there are often times that local tweaks need to be made.

Badmagic
23rd Aug 2011, 18:48
Sorry, just occurred to me to ask but I'm really not a fan of some of the default control decisions I've seen (Iron Sights being MB3 hold etc), please for the love of god tell me this game lets you re-bind Mouse 4 & 5 as some games obtusely refuse to allow this outside of clunky third party applications such as setpoint.

Fluffis
23rd Aug 2011, 18:57
Sorry, just occurred to me to ask but I'm really not a fan of some of the default control decisions I've seen (Iron Sights being MB3 hold etc), please for the love of god tell me this game lets you re-bind Mouse 4 & 5 as some games obtusely refuse to allow this outside of clunky third party applications such as setpoint.

This interests me as well.

There are few controller issues that bug me as much as hardcoded settings. No matter if it's just one or two - like LMB and RMB.

Foxpass
23rd Aug 2011, 19:13
Yes, I have aim bound to mouse 4. The only thing it seems you cannot re-bind is the scroll wheel.

Badmagic
23rd Aug 2011, 19:23
Yes, I have aim bound to mouse 4. The only thing it seems you cannot re-bind is the scroll wheel.

That is excellent news regarding MB4, thanks for the clarification.

Curious though, I'm presuming you mean the scrolling of "hotkeys" & interface zoom functionality of the wheel rather than MB3 click?

Just asking because the youtube leak footage does show the click as being a re-bind option so I'm hoping this hasn't been disabled as an option where I'm OK with the scroll function being fixed.

Painman
23rd Aug 2011, 19:23
Add Enter and Numpad Enter to that list of unbindables.

Annoying - I'm a lefty and I use the numpad keys quite heavily in FPS games.

Gonna see if I can find the config files and bind from there. Not sure where they're hiding, though.

Slib
23rd Aug 2011, 19:35
I have this exact problem. Such a seemingly small thing, but it makes the game very unpleasant to play. It's almost suprising this is a problem; they've done a great job of making everything else fit for PC gaming (menu, hotbars, an actual FoV selector in the options, all the aspect-ratios and resolutions we could want), but they dropped the ball on the most basic control setup.
I don't want this basic problem to ruin my experience of an otherwise good game...

Badmagic
23rd Aug 2011, 19:44
Sorry to bump but I just want to tag this, it will be the first thing I have to deal with after installation so finding the solution (presuming there will be one other than low sensitivity in game and high dps on mouse) quickly on Friday when Steam eventually bothers to unlock it for my region will be very helpful.

Foxpass
23rd Aug 2011, 19:46
That is excellent news regarding MB4, thanks for the clarification.

Curious though, I'm presuming you mean the scrolling of "hotkeys" & interface zoom functionality of the wheel rather than MB3 click?

Just asking because the youtube leak footage does show the click as being a re-bind option so I'm hoping this hasn't been disabled as an option where I'm OK with the scroll function being fixed.

Yes, I mean mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down. Middle button click is bindable.

LordWeasel
23rd Aug 2011, 20:05
Seriously? This just ruined my day.

I have no words for how much I despise mouse-acceleration, it makes games completely unplayable for me :(.
Been reading all about how great a PC port this game supposedly was, so I pre-ordered, but if the controls are broken it's no better than any other shoddy port :mad2:

This is basic stuff Eidos! Get the controls working FIRST, then tweak whatever else needed for porting. (I know Eidos themselves didn't port it, but they are still responsible.)

I really hope some of you US players can figure it out before it's too late to cancel my pre-order on Steam, cause I've realy been looking forward to DE:HR, but if this simple thing isn't fixable, I just... can't play the damned thing.

JoeF
23rd Aug 2011, 21:25
I posted my original question a few days ago and no one answerd it,
her it goes again:

Can gameplay controls in Deus EX Human Revolution be customized for PS3
similar to controls in Call of Duty series, for example:

In Deus EX Want/Like to be
----------- ----------------
Sprint is L2 Sprint standard L3
Iron Sight R3 Iron Sight L1

Parnassus
23rd Aug 2011, 21:31
I noticed that there is no option in the gameplay settings to toggle whether you hold down the key to use Crouch or Iron sight or toggle them on/off like there is for cover. While this is a bit weird, has anyone found a way to edit an ini file or do a mod or something to alter this?

musicrab
23rd Aug 2011, 21:31
Does turning off Vsync help?

Shralla
23rd Aug 2011, 21:33
Fix it. Also why the hell is there no option for press and hold for the Sprint and Crouch keys?

I can't believe nobody is talking about the mouse lag. It's pretty awful.

WhiteZero
23rd Aug 2011, 21:34

This helps immensely.

LordWeasel
23rd Aug 2011, 21:38

For general mouselag, yes.
For mouse-smoothing, no.
For mouse-acceleration, no.

uberajnn
23rd Aug 2011, 21:40
Try turning v-sync off for the mouse lag.

Shralla
Same deal with sprint as well. Combine that with the mouse lag, and this obviously great game still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

JCpies
:/ Not a good sign.

Solid_1723
23rd Aug 2011, 21:42
Fix it. Also why the hell is there no option for press and hold for the Sprint and Crouch keys?

I can't believe nobody is talking about the mouse lag. It's pretty awful.

There are some people talking about mouse lag on the tech forum, I think.

As for sprinting, I think they actually advertised the "one press" solution as a feature during one of the loading screens.

Shralla
23rd Aug 2011, 21:43
Try turning v-sync off for the mouse lag.

I turn vsync off in every game I play before I even start. No amount of fiddling with the settings, graphical or otherwise, has changed it. The problem is either with the game itself or its compatibility with certain hardware, which would be silly considering I'm using a Logitech MX518. Regardless, it's nigh-unacceptable.

Oh, and no hold/toggle option for iron sights either. Luckily the default is toggle, which is what I would use, but the crouch and sprint are really pissing in my Wheaties.

Shralla
23rd Aug 2011, 22:10
I haven't found anything that helps the general mouse lag. Or maybe I'm mistaking acceleration and smoothing for lag, who knows. Either way the mouse is ****ed and it needs fixing ASAP.

Shralla
23rd Aug 2011, 22:16
There's absolutely a solution to that. It's called proper support and patching.

stallionaires
23rd Aug 2011, 22:31
bumpin this. game is unplayable at this point

stallionaires
23rd Aug 2011, 22:32
and no, this ain't a simple Vsync fix. it's as the OP described. it's a damn shame how common this problem is in recent ports

Fadedcamo
23rd Aug 2011, 22:43
Ok, so I was having a very bad time with this as well, but Im not sure if its actually a mouse acceleration issue, more of a hardware problem. I messed with the graphics settings and of course vsync helped alittle, but what got rid of the mouse issues COMPLETELY for me was turning off SSAO all the way. Not sure if this is exactly what will fix it for you guys, but mess around with the graphics settings, even if you have a good computer. I think something isn't optimized completely in some systems, which is affecting the mouse control.

Badmagic
23rd Aug 2011, 22:54
Interesting, there is another thread floating around with screen shots illustrating SSAO doesn't work correctly on the PC version in comparison to promotional clips from consoles, environments have it applied correctly but not character models.

LordWeasel
23rd Aug 2011, 22:56
I haven't found anything that helps the general mouse lag. Or maybe I'm mistaking acceleration and smoothing for lag, who knows. Either way the mouse is ****ed and it needs fixing ASAP.

You can test mouse acceleration rather easily. Start by looking at a fixed point ingame, then mouse your mouse slowly to, say, the edge of your mousemat. Note how far your crosshair went. Then look at the first point again, and move your mouse quickly to the edge of your mat, and see how much it overshoots compared to moving your mouse slowly. Some people are used to this, and think nothing of it. For others, like myself, it destroys any chance at immersion and precision, because my brain has been hardwired to a 1:1 input/output ratio over many years of PC-gaming.

Mouselag is simply a delay between your mouse input, and your crosshair moving on screen. Causes delayed reaction-times and constant overshooting targets, because even after you stopped moving your mouse the crosshair takes a little while to catch up. Horrendously annoying and gamebreaking.
Being able to disable Vsync usually takes care of the mouselag, but not always.

Mouse-smoothing is a bit more subtle. The game attempts to smooth out mouse-movement by ignoring irregular and/or "shaky" input from the mouse, thereby creating a much "smoother" output on screen. This can also induce a couple of frames of mouselag, and/or making the cursor feel "floaty" and impresice. I can almost see a use for this for people with a rather shoddy mouse, but with the high precision gaming mice of today, it does more harm than good.

For some reason, almost all devs completely ignore these issues, and leave acceleration/smoothing on when porting to the PC. (Console controllers require acceleration to be able to turn and aim properly.)

stallionaires
23rd Aug 2011, 22:57
FadedCamo's solution worked 100% for me. Turn SSAO off. All my other video settings are all the way up. Vsync is off of course

LordWeasel
23rd Aug 2011, 23:02
and no, this ain't a simple Vsync fix. it's as the OP described. it's a damn shame how common this problem is in recent ports

I was hoping they at least got one thing right :(.

How come this is never mentioned in reviews? I have not seen mouselag and/or acceleration mention once. And reviewers are even praising this as a good PC-port, which it clearly isn't if there's mouselag and acceleration, and several graphical settings crash the game and/or don't work as intended.

Flrancid
23rd Aug 2011, 23:02
Please address this. A simple twea
k will make many of us happy. And yes, vsync is disabled :rolleyes:

oldmen
23rd Aug 2011, 23:21
this is killing me too. i don't want to use the word 'unplayable'.. perhaps 'unenjoyable'.

oldmen
23rd Aug 2011, 23:26
i would love an option to disable crouch toggling. hate playing this way

Nakah
23rd Aug 2011, 23:34
I can't believe it, I'm never buying another game without trying first.

pha
23rd Aug 2011, 23:35
Uh oh... :(

LordGurciullo
23rd Aug 2011, 23:43
Exactly Shralla.

Sprinting, ADS and crouch that are forced to toggle really hinder my experience. (particularly for me the ads and sprint). The keyboard bugged movement and the mouse all combine together to turn this potential masterpiece into something that just is to frustrating to continue.

Those options would hugely improve the game.
Also options to turn off "console kids notices" ... things like "E to move". (they break immersion).

But lets hope they fix the bugged mouse and keyboard movement as top priorities.

Boy... if all these things to fixed (really isn't that much)... Might have the best game ever on our hands.

ramset
24th Aug 2011, 00:06
I'm left-handed and I normally use NumEnter for crouching, but I'm unable to do that. It does not do anything. Please fix this, as I am a left-handed Numpad gamer.

LordWeasel
24th Aug 2011, 00:13
1. Mouse feels wrong. The instant I saw an x and a y axis I was really worried. Setting them both to the same number does not equal a smooth experience. The game was obviously built to be played with a gimped controller and has built in help mechanisms. The mouse needs a total restructure. It does choppy movements that go up then left, (not one smooth diagonal movement), that also feel like there trying to be smoothed out and a bit of negative acceleration (in some areas, like cut scenes). As it is now it feels as if I have a string attached to a control stick duct taped to my mouse. (yes I have tried the supposed "fixes"). *Also, A separate ADS sensitivity would really be appreciated*

2. The absolute core basic keyboard movement is off. When moving diagonally (which I do 95 percent of the time), you move at an increased speed. At first I thought maybe this is intentional and a throwback to the early/mid 90s games and it was the developers choice, but apparently this is not the case (As I've read this is only when using a keyboard). It makes the movement feel extremely clunky, with every direction change feeling like the character weighs 4 tons. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining... as everyone who knows how to play fps moves diagonally almost all the time.

User 'LordGurciullo' posted this in the stickied Bug Reports thread. Seems the controls are straight up broken in this disaster of a port.

Dekieon
24th Aug 2011, 00:15
This is rediculous. I turned off SSOA and turned off vsync, turned down mouse sensitivity. nothing fixes the lag. This is unacceptable at how bad this is. One of the most basic programming steps of a 3d engine and you can't get it right. Was this programmed by a bunch of lobotomized monkeys? I would really love to get a refund on this unplayable game.

Darktronik
24th Aug 2011, 00:16
This is rediculous. I turned off SSOA and turned off vsync, turned down mouse sensitivity. nothing fixes the lag. This is unacceptable at how bad this is. One of the most basic programming steps of a 3d engine and you can't get it right. Was this programmed by a bunch of lobotomized monkeys? I would really love to get a refund on this unplayable game.

Its a console port...so...:mad2:

Nakah
24th Aug 2011, 00:20
Its a console port...so...:mad2:
If mouse smoothing doesn't prove this, holding two directional keys = doubling your speed, and minimal graphical options DOES.

Who play tested this? Was that beta leaked for nothing? imad

thatguy3141
24th Aug 2011, 00:20
You can test mouse acceleration rather easily. Start by looking at a fixed point ingame, then mouse your mouse slowly to, say, the edge of your mousemat. Note how far your crosshair went. Then look at the first point again, and move your mouse quickly to the edge of your mat, and see how much it overshoots compared to moving your mouse slowly. Some people are used to this, and think nothing of it. For others, like myself, it destroys any chance at immersion and precision, because my brain has been hardwired to a 1:1 input/output ratio over many years of PC-gaming.

Mouselag is simply a delay between your mouse input, and your crosshair moving on screen. Causes delayed reaction-times and constant overshooting targets, because even after you stopped moving your mouse the crosshair takes a little while to catch up. Horrendously annoying and gamebreaking.
Being able to disable Vsync usually takes care of the mouselag, but not always.

Mouse-smoothing is a bit more subtle. The game attempts to smooth out mouse-movement by ignoring irregular and/or "shaky" input from the mouse, thereby creating a much "smoother" output on screen. This can also induce a couple of frames of mouselag, and/or making the cursor feel "floaty" and impresice. I can almost see a use for this for people with a rather shoddy mouse, but with the high precision gaming mice of today, it does more harm than good.

For some reason, almost all devs completely ignore these issues, and leave acceleration/smoothing on when porting to the PC. (Console controllers require acceleration to be able to turn and aim properly.)

You and I? We think much alike. I didn't shell out 80 bucks for a high precision gaming mouse to have a game come along and remove all precision from my desired control scheme. TF2 is still one of the finest examples of an effective control scheme.

LordWeasel
24th Aug 2011, 00:31
You and I? We think much alike. I didn't shell out 80 bucks for a high precision gaming mouse to have a game come along and remove all precision from my desired control scheme. TF2 is still one of the finest examples of an effective control scheme.

You know what the worst thing is? When this game unlocks for me (EU release), I'll probably be better off just plugging a 360-controller into my PC. Now that pisses me off :mad2:

Aznloki
24th Aug 2011, 01:12
I'm a left handed gamer that uses the arrow keys... yes I know... Normally I would bind the action/interact key so its within easy reach. Any chance of allowing this to happen, or a location of a config file to change this.

ZIGS
24th Aug 2011, 01:17
As soon as I noticed the mouse acceleration in the leaked build, I knew they were never gonna fix it. They never do. Just look at Assassin's creed 2 and Brotherhood, the mouse acceleration is absolutely terrible and they never fixed it. Why this **** still happens is beyond me

Shralla
24th Aug 2011, 01:34
Alright, so I went back to the game and turned SSAO down to "Normal," and it fixed my mouse lag issue almost completely. Turning it off actually DOES fix it completely for me, but I left it on Normal because I felt that it was an acceptable sacrifice for extra beautification.

So that more or less tells me that that particular graphical feature is either horrendously optimized, which I can't imagine because the rest of the game runs smooth as butter, or that something else with that feature is amiss that directly correlates to the movement of the mouse, which is a bunch of crap.

This is DEFINITELY something that can be fixed with a patch, and I really hope that they do, because SSAO on high looks pretty rad.

LordWeasel
24th Aug 2011, 01:55
Alright, so I went back to the game and turned SSAO down to "Normal," and it fixed my mouse lag issue almost completely. Turning it off actually DOES fix it completely for me, but I left it on Normal because I felt that it was an acceptable sacrifice for extra beautification.

So that more or less tells me that that particular graphical feature is either horrendously optimized, which I can't imagine because the rest of the game runs smooth as butter, or that something else with that feature is amiss that directly correlates to the movement of the mouse, which is a bunch of crap.

This is DEFINITELY something that can be fixed with a patch, and I really hope that they do, because SSAO on high looks pretty rad.

Can you do proper diagonal movement? Try moving very slowly towards top right and see if the mouse moves in a straight diagonal line or up, then right, up, right, and so on. I'm very interested in knowing if everybody has problems with this, or if it's just a random bug.

TheExodu5
24th Aug 2011, 02:08
I can confirm that to eliminate mouse issues, you need to

Turn off:
SSAO
DirectX 11

Nakah
24th Aug 2011, 02:17
I can confirm that to eliminate mouse issues, you need to

Turn off:
SSAO
DirectX 11

Turning of DX11 greatly reduced my mouse issues, though it can feel smooth if you're able to achieve a low FPS. Well done

LordWeasel
24th Aug 2011, 02:45
Some people over at the Steam forums can confirm that they actually don't have any mouse-acceleration (I can tell who knows what they're talking about and who's talking out of their ass :P), and only slight mouse smoothing.

Why some have it, and others don't though, I have no idea.

Zenithtb
24th Aug 2011, 02:48
Kind of the same. Right handed cursor-key player here.
R-CTRL=Crouch
R-Shift=Jump
Return=Sprint
Del=Use
End=Reload
PgDown=Game Specific
#=Takedown
]=Zoom

Without my Return key I'm kinda f00ked...

*Edit*

This post: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1655626&postcount=20
gave me so much information!
And this one http://ascii.cl/control-characters.htm
And this one http://brebru.com/asciicodes.html

Regedit and go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\Controls]
And change Sprint[1 or 2] like so
"Sprint2"=dword:0000000d
(So Hex "d" or decimal "13")

When you next go to Options in game it even displays it correctly, it just won't let you map it in game :-|

*/Edit*

Zen

TheExodu5
24th Aug 2011, 03:14
Some people over at the Steam forums can confirm that they actually don't have any mouse-acceleration (I can tell who knows what they're talking about and who's talking out of their ass :P), and only slight mouse smoothing.

Why some have it, and others don't though, I have no idea.

Some people just don't notice...either that or they have SSAO and DirectX 11 off.

LordWeasel
24th Aug 2011, 03:24
Some people just don't notice...either that or they have SSAO and DirectX 11 off.

But how can SSAO and DX11 affect mouse-accel? Mouselag, sure, but accel? And one who could confirm he did not have mouse-accel was very aware of what it was, and how to test for it.

Urahara
24th Aug 2011, 03:50
Unfortunately you can't. I hope they will patch this though and allow you to.

ReliantLion
24th Aug 2011, 04:31
This is why I'm playing through stealthily until it's fixed. Combat in this game is virtually impossible for me right now. Fortunately, I try to stick to cover and avoid guards at all costs.

I was able to mitigate most of the issue by setting my DPI at max, and my in-game sensitivity to 1/1. I still notice a bit of lag.

StingingVelvet
24th Aug 2011, 04:44
I personally like acceleration but it really should be an option since so many do not.

As for lag I am not really experiencing that at all.

Genome852
24th Aug 2011, 05:07
First, vsync has always caused input lag. It's just one of its side effects. It affects all games, not just DX:HR.

Second, low FPS will make the mouse seem more floaty, which should be common knowledge. Increasing your graphical settings will lower your FPS, making your mouse less responsive.

The mouse control DOES feel very sloppy, however. The X - Y sensitivity bars not scaling with each other in a 1:1 ratio also makes finding the right sensitivity quite difficult. Also, for me, 0 x-axis sens made the mouse too slow, while 1 made it too high...

There is also some delay in mouse movement (mouse lag) even with vsync off and very stable 60+ FPS. This stacked with vsync input lag / lower FPS / weird sensitivity options makes the mouse control feel very clunky for those of us that notice such things.

I used to avoid all games that didn't have close-to-perfect mouse controls, but in this era of multiplatform games it's just one of the things you have to deal with. Very few games these days have mouse control down to perfection like Source engine games. Best to just play and try to get used to it I think, since these issues usually do not get fixed by developers.

langston.ryan
24th Aug 2011, 05:09
It is obvious that this is a serious issue with many people including myself. I have checked out a lot of different forums seeing if any solutions were found for it, but as of right now there are not.

What we need to do is figure out the best way of informing the devs of this so that they can fix it. Does anyone know the proper channels that we can go through to get this fixed in the next patch? If so please post the details here.

madlinx
24th Aug 2011, 05:13
Worked last night, but this evening when I fired up the DE:HR, I noticed that there's no way for me to get to the menu from in-game. I do not have a special customizable keyboard, nor am I running any software that re-maps keys. (edit: Yes my escape key seems to be working outside of DE:HR. Tested it on a full-screen youtube video.)

Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?

(as a workaround, Alt-Tab automatically brings up the game menu when you return to the game from Windows)

LordWeasel
24th Aug 2011, 05:21
I personally like acceleration but it really should be an option since so many do not.

As for lag I am not really experiencing that at all.

That's all we want. Options :). I refuse to belive that a couple of basic control options like toggle acceleration/smoothing is something a semi-decent programmer can't add to the game in a matter of hours. So little effort to make a game so much better (hell, even playable for some of us). We don't need some fancy thing in a shiny options menu. As long as it works, just give us a toggle in an .ini file or something, that's all we're asking for.

But once again, I'm afraid we probably have to wait for some community-hack or mod to compensate for lazy programming, as it seems to be the norm these days. I'm sure a lot of people at Eidos really poured their hearts into this game, and it kinda sad that it's worse than it has to be because of such a stupid oversight.

It is obvious that this is a serious issue with many people including myself. I have checked out a lot of different forums seeing if any solutions were found for it, but as of right now there are not.

What we need to do is figure out the best way of informing the devs of this so that they can fix it. Does anyone know the proper channels that we can go through to get this fixed in the next patch? If so please post the details here.

Besides actually trying to mail them directly, which will most likely get us nowhere, I can't really see any better option than to just keep looking for solutions and keep posting about it. If only to "raise awareness" if you will, and maybe a dev will stroll by and notice this thread right up there by the stickies.

lhaymehr
24th Aug 2011, 05:47
Well, ..there is this general issue with DirectInput and mouse acceleration curves in Windows which is really a broad topic.
Try googling for "disable mouse acceleration" +curve +windows
Eliminating Windows mouse acceleration will give you a 1:1 mouse movement and will remove some of those problems where you experience a "deadzone" with mouse in some games. However it will also decrease (emulated) precision in Windows so it might take some time to get used to it. Read up on that. It's a somewhat complex topic which doesn't really fit here.

Here's a link to get you started:
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

DISCLAIMER: This involves editing your registry. Theres a high probability that you'll **** up your mouse behaviour and be unable to get back to the default settings if you are not familiar with exporting, backing up and editing .reg files. You've been warned.

sea
24th Aug 2011, 05:50
Is everyone certain there actually is in-game mouse acceleration? I use a Razer Imperator and I'm extremely sensitive to any such problems, but I haven't noticed any playing Human Revolution, both regular acceleration or reverse acceleration. There is definitely some degree of smoothing (i.e. it doesn't feel like perfect 1:1 movement), but I don't find that my cursor distance changes depending on speed at all, regardless of whether I'm playing at 800 dpi or 4600 dpi.

A few things you can do to minimise mouse smoothing:

1) Disable v-sync in the options menu. No brainer here if you've been gaming on PC for any length of time.

2) Set the mouse Y sensitivity to 2x the regular sensitivity, i.e. if mouse sensitivity is 5, Y sensitivity should be 10. This eliminates the difference between horizontal and vertical mouse speed that the game uses by default.

3) Increase your field of view, somewhere around 90. I find that at the default, the low field of view actually makes the controls feel more sluggish than they are.

4) If you have a Logitech or Razer mouse, use your driver software to make sure mouse acceleration is forced off, globally. This applies to other mouse software, of course, but I'm only familiar with those two, so your mileage may vary.

5) Make absolutely sure that mouse acceleration is disabled in the Windows control panel.

6) Last, follow the instructions on this page to prevent any other programs from re-enabling mouse acceleration in Windows 7: http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html There are similar fixes available for Windows XP and Vista as well.

With any luck, that should reduce, if not eliminate the problems most people are experiencing. As I said, there is still definitely a little bit of smoothing, and the mouse speed does change in certain situations (during some story sequences like the introduction, when aiming down iron sights, etc.), but despite the ever-so-slight sluggishness, for the most part my mouse controls feel quite smooth and accurate. It's not Quake 3, but it's definitely better than some other games I've played recently.

obs
24th Aug 2011, 05:50
Registered to this forum just for this issue.

Config file, hold to crouch, hold to aim, hold to sprint, please.

Citizen_Snips
24th Aug 2011, 05:54
I fixed it by turning my mouse DPI to 3500 and setting the in game mouse sensitivity to about one bar. Turned of Vsync and haven't noticed an issue since.

chadmv
24th Aug 2011, 05:59
I had the bad mouse lag too. Turning off SSOA and vysnc didn't help. Then when I changed resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720, the mouse lag went away.

sea
24th Aug 2011, 06:04
The game seems to write some of its settings to a couple of .dat and .var files, if the contents of my AppData folder is anything to go by. If anyone's able to figure out how to open these (Notepad++ doesn't work), there's a chance we could be a step closer to some more tweaks.

rampantandroid
24th Aug 2011, 08:36
I'll pile on this thread and say: I'm telling all friends curious about the game to NOT buy, and NOT playing it myself until this is fixed. Perhaps you can call this playable, but it is FAR from enjoyable.

Should have known better than to trust a PC game coming from Square Enix.

jimo
24th Aug 2011, 09:10
Well, ..there is this general issue with DirectInput and mouse acceleration curves in Windows which is really a broad topic.
Try googling for "disable mouse acceleration" +curve +windows
Eliminating Windows mouse acceleration will give you a 1:1 mouse movement and will remove some of those problems where you experience a "deadzone" with mouse in some games. However it will also decrease (emulated) precision in Windows so it might take some time to get used to it. Read up on that. It's a somewhat complex topic which doesn't really fit here.

Here's a link to get you started:
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

DISCLAIMER: This involves editing your registry. Theres a high probability that you'll **** up your mouse behaviour and be unable to get back to the default settings if you are not familiar with exporting, backing up and editing .reg files. You've been warned.

I recommend not doing this for DXHR, as we use Windows Raw Input for in-game movement and thus do not rely on DirectInput or Windows mouse acceleration (except for the cursor in menus). Changing these registry settings will therefore not affect DXHR - so why risk it?

As for the perceived "mouse smoothing" problems. I'm really sorry that you guys are experiencing issues with the controls, but please understand that there is no mouse smoothing applied in DXHR. The only cause for the delay between your input and the result appearing on screen is the amount of time it takes for the video driver to display the new frame (due to how video drivers work, this delay can be up to 5 frames, which adds up to about 80 milliseconds if you are running at 60 fps).

erionfin
24th Aug 2011, 10:31
I recommend not doing this for DXHR, as we use Windows Raw Input for in-game movement and thus do not rely on DirectInput or Windows mouse acceleration (except for the cursor in menus). Changing these registry settings will therefore not affect DXHR - so why risk it?

As for the perceived "mouse smoothing" problems. I'm really sorry that you guys are experiencing issues with the controls, but please understand that there is no mouse smoothing applied in DXHR. The only cause for the delay between your input and the result appearing on screen is the amount of time it takes for the video driver to display the new frame (due to how video drivers work, this delay can be up to 5 frames, which adds up to about 80 milliseconds if you are running at 60 fps).

Hey Jim,

Thanks for your quick answer. It's always nice to see companies respecting their customers. :)

But can you tell us anything about mouse acceleration? Is is there, or is it just people seeing/feeling things? Is there any way to disable it?

And another question, what's the "true" proportion of mouse X and Y axis sensitivity? Is it 1:2? Just so that I know how to configure my mouse when I want true 1:1 mouse X and Y. Thanks!

theseagle
24th Aug 2011, 10:39
Hey there,

I'm a lefty and use the numpad area for gaming, with the NumpadEnter a "key" key in my layout. Not having the option to bind it doesn't make much sense. There is a workaround however:-

1. Download Auto Hotkey: http://www.autohotkey.com

2. Create / Modify the script file, AutoHotkey.ahk in your documents folder to have the following line:

NumpadEnter::x ;(Crouch Toggle)

This will basically bind the 'NumpadEnter' key to the 'x' key. You can ofcourse chose any other key you like. The statement after the semi-colon is justs a comment, which isn't really required.

Hope that helps!

jimo
24th Aug 2011, 10:43
Thanks for your quick answer. It's always nice to see companies respecting their customers. :)

We're here to help! ;)

But can you tell us anything about mouse acceleration? Is is there, or is it just people seeing/feeling things? Is there any way to disable it?

For in-game movement, we also do not apply any mouse acceleration. We grab the raw mouse delta values from Windows and convert them directly to angular movement.

And another question, what's the "true" proportion of mouse X and Y axis sensitivity? Is it 1:2? Just so that I know how to configure my mouse when I want true 1:1 mouse X and Y. Thanks!

This was actually a bug, which we'll be addressing in the next update.

cheers,
Jim.

erionfin
24th Aug 2011, 10:50
Thanks again, that's valuable information! Now I just got to wait until Friday when the game is released in Europe. :)

pha
24th Aug 2011, 11:18
For in-game movement, we also do not apply any mouse acceleration. We grab the raw mouse delta values from Windows and convert them directly to angular movement.

Thanks for the reply Jim.

Maybe you didn't implement "mouse acceleration" per se, but surely you DO acknowledge that something is not right with the mouse behavior? When the game is unlocked here I'll make sure to give my personal input, but for now, so many people cannot be wrong.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2074758
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2076291
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2074830

erionfin
24th Aug 2011, 11:40
Thanks for the reply Jim.

Maybe you didn't implement "mouse acceleration" per se, but surely you DO acknowledge that something is not right with the mouse behavior? When the game is unlocked here I'll make sure to give my personal input, but for now, so many people cannot be wrong.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2074758
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2076291
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2074830

I personally (not affiliated to Eidos in any way) think that the loud majority of people could easily be wrong. :rolleyes: For instance the case of people "feeling" something weird with their mouse because of unfixed ratio between X and Y axes and the same people starting to blame the usual culprit: mouse acceleration and mouse smoothing, isn't that far fetched IMO. :) When you add in the factor of normal amout of delay that V-Sync causes to mouse in any and every game out there including Counter-Strike: Source and Crysis 2, I think that could just be the case.

But then again I don't have any first hand information because the game is still locked in Finland.

lhaymehr
24th Aug 2011, 13:01
@pha: He did actually explain it already. With all these frame buffer effects (object outlines/stencil buffer, color grading, HDR, and what have you) you need to take the rendered frame from the rasterizer then apply post effects to it to create a new frame and possibly repeat that one or more times and then finally output it to the screen. It creates a perceivable input delay. I might be a bit off, but that's the general outline of the process in the rendering pipeline. At least that's how it happened last time I paid attention to this. :P

lhaymehr
24th Aug 2011, 13:07
Just a quick question to you guys, mine still hasn't unlocked...is it possible to bind Mouse4/Mouse5?

JayDeath
24th Aug 2011, 13:50
Wow! I thought maybe the problem was my issue and not the game. I come to the forum for ****s and giggles and see that many ppl are having the same problem. That makes me feel better. Turning off SSAO does help but I gotta mess around with the settings some more tonite.

I'm running an AMD Quadcore @3.2GHz, HD6970, 8gigRAM

peanutplanters
24th Aug 2011, 14:04
I'm having an issue with the mouse cursor on the PC/Steam version of DX:HR. The visible cursor is not correctly showing in the right position when using a triple-wide resolution - 6000x1080. I'm running NVIDIA hardware (GTX580 x 2 in SLI)

I understand that the centered HUD is not supported, but this is indeed a bug with the game. It's very difficult to click on the menus or make any selections on the options since the mouse cursor is in the wrong spot. I know other users are having this issue : see species.zero's comment in this thread: http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/gaming/detailed-widescreen-reports/16127/detailed-report-deus-ex-human-revolution

LordWeasel
24th Aug 2011, 14:14
We're here to help! ;)

This was actually a bug, which we'll be addressing in the next update.

cheers,
Jim.

Thank you very much for the confirmation :). I'm sure this puts a lot of europeans at ease. Sorry if we appear to jump the gun and blame devs rather quickly, but considering the way things have been for us PC gamers lately, I'm sure you understand.

If the game is all working the way you say it will after the next patch, you will have my eternal gratitude for not f'ing up the next installment of Deus Ex ;)

jimo
24th Aug 2011, 14:23
but considering the way things have been for us PC gamers lately, I'm sure you understand.

I do, 'cause I'm a PC gamer too.

thatguy3141
24th Aug 2011, 14:54
I do, 'cause I'm a PC gamer too.

I am glad to hear this. Thanks man. If you folks can get the controls tightened up so I don't have to disable visual effects, that would be great.

NixxesSoftware
24th Aug 2011, 15:20
We have no idea what is causing this, but the work-around posted in this thread will likely help you:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1655626&postcount=20

Edit: Note that this solution was aimed at a person who had a mouse-cursor that appeared offset from the location it was functional on. (In menus, etc.) If it will not do anything against any type of lag. In fact, it will give worse lag on the mouse cursor, and it will have no affect on other mouse controls.

xaduha
24th Aug 2011, 15:41
The devs are unleashed! On a DX:HR forum?! Unimaginable!!

Fadedcamo
24th Aug 2011, 16:43
So glad I found a fix for the mouse problem. For those of you thinking many people are wrong and nitpicking about the mouse issue, its very real. Im not saying its mouse smoothing or mouse acceleration or input lag. It just feels very off. Im pretty sure there's definately some kind of input lag, though. But either, way, it was making the game almost unplayable for me, and literally giving me a headache to control it. It was like playing through a dense soup until I turned SSAO off. Here are my specs, with the SSAO off fixing it;

Core i5 750
4gb ddr3 ram
1gb Radeon 5770
Win 7 Pro
Logitech g5 mouse
Asus 24 inch monitor (1920x1080)

Hope the devs help out anyone else who cant find a fix soon.

Beanbean
24th Aug 2011, 16:49
I just joined to say that I've got the game maxed out with a FOV of 80 and the mouse problems are pretty much gone after I did some minor adjustments in windows.

I had my DPI at 1800 before and I adjusted it to 3500. Made sure all my accelerations were off. (none were on) Then I fiddled with the X/Y sensitivity and it works just fine. I will agree that it's not Unreal Tournament accurate, but its far better than most people are giving it credit for. I refuse to play games with poor mouse control and just use a 360 pad. After I made the adjustments listed it felt fine.

peanutplanters
24th Aug 2011, 17:18
Thanks - this fixed it

greenfish
24th Aug 2011, 18:39
So glad I found a fix for the mouse problem. For those of you thinking many people are wrong and nitpicking about the mouse issue, its very real. Im not saying its mouse smoothing or mouse acceleration or input lag. It just feels very off. Im pretty sure there's definately some kind of input lag, though. But either, way, it was making the game almost unplayable for me, and literally giving me a headache to control it. It was like playing through a dense soup until I turned SSAO off. Here are my specs, with the SSAO off fixing it;

Core i5 750
4gb ddr3 ram
1gb Radeon 5770
Win 7 Pro
Logitech g5 mouse
Asus 24 inch monitor (1920x1080)

Hope the devs help out anyone else who cant find a fix soon.

Thanks man!

I turned off SSAO and voila it's like you said, major difference.

Thank you :thumb::D

AnakinBerryBread
24th Aug 2011, 21:10
Yeah, this mouse lag makes the game unplayable. Only a handful more things to try when I get home from work, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jesus, how can you release a product so broken? I mean, it's mouse input, something that people have been doing well since... well..... forever.

Jake Wald
24th Aug 2011, 21:21
When I open up Deus Ex my mouse is stuck in the top left corner during the main menu screen or when I pause the game and I cannot move it, it "boomerangs" back to the top left when i try to move the mouse. This problem occurs when my Adjust font size (DPI for text NOT MOUSE) is set to 120 or custom, but when it's at it's default of 96 DPI it is fine, yet my drawbacks for having 96 DPI are my text for my native resolution of 1920 x 1080 is super small and hard to read so I need to set it to 120 to read the text fairly well and have a good high definition resolution with it, I cannot set my resolution to any other custom as it would ruin the native resolution quality. When I unpause the game or actually get into the game the mouse becomes normal again and I can move my guy around and such but the problem only occurs when I'm paused or at the main menu. I'm using Radeon HD 5670 with updated drivers of 11.8 I don't know why the DPI makes this happen, any fixes or solves? I been trying to google it but so far no luck and this is the only game that happens to me.

Saloei
24th Aug 2011, 22:17
As a poster said: not all keyboard keys can be mapped. The ENTER key which is vital to my gaming can't be assigned. I have a left handed keyboard with all NUMPAD keys on my left. Assigning INSERT to INVENTORY doesn't open up INVENTORY. When I load and play the game and exit to OPTIONS menu to make video resolution changes, I can no longer use my mouse to navigate the menu. I have to use the keyboard keys to finish and exit. Hurry with the patch!!!
*ALSO:
No on-screen HUD when playing. I've checked settings. Playing at GIVE ME A CHALLENGE settings.
NO reticle. I have reticle setting ON.

noctroglyph
24th Aug 2011, 23:54
jimo--

Thanks for coming on--surely a brave thing to do on a tech support forum ;-)

Firstly, I can say with complete conviction that I do see "motion lag" on my mouse controll when SSAO is on. It appears that the input isn't making it's way to the game in a timely fashion, leading to a 50-200ms delay that is especially irritating when you're trying for a precision shot.

Turning off SSAO almost completely eliminates it.

One thing I have noticed is that people that are experiencing this phenomenon are not posting the hardware they are running.

Thought that might help. I'm running:

Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Intel i7-920 @ stock speed (2.66GHz)
2x nVidia 8800GTX in SLI
Razer Mamba mouse; latest drivers, latest firmware
12gigs or RAM
Razer Megalodon
more free space on my RAID than should be legally available

I bring this up because I'm wondering if the people seeing this issue have any hardware commonalities; something that will really help the team track this down.

On the whole, this game is absolutely amazing, and you all should be proud of your efforts; my only critique is that (aside from this pulse lag on mlook) the devs may want to add in a 1/sqrt(2) multiplier when people are pressing fwd or back and one of the strafe keys. Really freaky that you run faster diagonally. This doesn't appear to happen in the xbox version of the game with the analog stick.

Thanks again in advance, and keep up the great work.

-Noc.

Rappican
25th Aug 2011, 00:11
Hello there, I'm a left handed gamer using a left handed Razer Deathadder mouse. Whenever I run the game it recognizes the mouse as a left handed mouse and switches the buttons around on me. There needs to be a way for it to default to the windows setting or for you to manually choose what you want your mouse settings to be from the game.

Just to clerify, I do NOT mean in the game for shooting and going up along cover. I mean for every other part in the game from main menu navigation to hacking to inventory management. Right click is left click and left click is right click. This is a high quality game, it is a shame to see such a stupid problem to be a issue.

onefunkyone
25th Aug 2011, 00:19
Playing on PC, using a 360 controller. I can't "Move Silently".
It says "D-Pad Left" is to move silently but nothing happens.
Tried different controllers, even tried with a PS3 controller with MotionJoy drivers).. same issue. My guy will NOT walk silently.
Works great if I use the keyboard.
And please don't tell me to use the keyboard instead. This is not the issue here.
I don't have the augments to try the other triggers available on the D-Pad so I don't know (yet) if this issue is only affecting the Move Silently or the whole D-Pad.

- edit: I guess the Move Silently "trigger" is moot because I can simply apply very little pressure to the "normal" walk stick and my guy will in fact move slowly/silently but.. is this a bug? Is it supposed to change anything or we actually just go with low pressure?

Weigr
25th Aug 2011, 03:13
In many games input lag can be fixed by limiting the frame rate to 60. I haven't played the game yet and I was wondering if there is such an option in the game?

Dekieon
25th Aug 2011, 12:09
We have no idea what is causing this, but the work-around posted in this thread will likely help you:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1655626&postcount=20

I tried this. it make absolutely no difference on my machine. i have turned everything down/off and have it at 800 x600 and it the mouse lag still happens

erionfin
25th Aug 2011, 13:34
I tried this. it make absolutely no difference on my machine. i have turned everything down/off and have it at 800 x600 and it the mouse lag still happens

I don't want to appear rude, but didn't you read the post you were quoting? :o It was said that it's not for mouse lag, that fix is for mouse offset (cursor location on screen versus the pixel that mouse is really activating).

erionfin
25th Aug 2011, 13:39
One thing I have noticed is that people that are experiencing this phenomenon are not posting the hardware they are running.

Thought that might help. I'm running:

Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Intel i7-920 @ stock speed (2.66GHz)
2x nVidia 8800GTX in SLI
Razer Mamba mouse; latest drivers, latest firmware
12gigs or RAM
Razer Megalodon
more free space on my RAID than should be legally available

That's very good point, though I'd like to add something here. One of the biggest nightmare for devs is people giving reports which mention that they're running the "latest" something. Devs really prefer seeing exact version numbers. Sometimes there are several drivers that could be considered the "latest" by different people, like the latest official WHQL drivers versus the latest beta build. Or hotfixed and non-hotfixed version of drivers, like 10.6 versus 10.6b. And sometimes latest is something that may be latest when of posting, but may be old information when dev is reading the post.

And another thing that you didn't mention drivers for your GPU's at all, it's usually the most important thing and the most common factor for solving issues. Even if it's about mouse issues, as funny as it is. But as jimo has explained, mouse issues may stem from the way that GPU's render the scene.

Nice amount of RAM you got, though! ;P

Scale
25th Aug 2011, 16:50
@Nvidia users

1. Open your Nvidia control panel
2. Goto Manage 3D Settings
3. Change the setting "Maximum pre-rendered frames" to 0 (default 3)

This nearly removed all mouse lag for me.

Hope this helps guys!

Psiven
26th Aug 2011, 02:29
Looks like today's patch fixed my mousewheel so that it actually scrolls through the belt now :)

danimov82
26th Aug 2011, 02:58
The W, D,S, and A keys along with all the letters are not working in the game.

I tried mapping to keys like CTRL & the arrow keys, those all work, but I can't interact with the game without the use of letters.

I deleted the game, reinstalled it, updated drivers, tried compatibility mode, etc and still nothing

I bought the game through steam, and there hasn't been any issues reported through steam yet

I can't play till this is fixed, so please help

Genome852
26th Aug 2011, 03:04
I have 0 mouse lag now, with vsync off of course.

SSAO must not be on high for some reason.

I did a test: both cases I had constant 100+ FPS.

With SSAO on normal, I could not feel ANY mouse lag (and I am extremely anal about these things).
With SSAO on high, even though I still maintained very high (100+) FPS, I could feel some pretty obvious mouse lag.

Didn't try SSAO off, but I can't feel any mouse lag on normal so I leave it at that.

obs
26th Aug 2011, 04:55
Was hold to aim/crouch/sprint hidden in this patch?

morbious37
26th Aug 2011, 07:02
Unless I missed something I need to do to turn it "on", Deus Ex isn't detecting my logitech dual action control pad. And yes, most up to date drivers and it's working for Assassin's Creed 2 and SSF4AE.

Great work still, would just be nice to have control pad as an option.

Also for all the people that said it, I thought there was an option to switch crouch between toggle and hold? Personally I prefer toggle, but +1 for being able to switch between toggle and hold for sprint, crouch etc.

Ratmandu79
26th Aug 2011, 07:28
I have a similar problem but at the moment the keyboard ad mouse controls dont seem to work AT ALL. worked perfectly last night but turned it back on this morning and cant click anything or move anything unless i plug in an Xbox 360 controller.

PLEASE FIX!!!!!

jaywalker2309
26th Aug 2011, 10:43
Which region are you playing in? is your keyboard language set to UK or FR etc?

Have you tried running the setup program, resetting to default, see if it clears the settings for you?

Nitrius
26th Aug 2011, 11:10
Is there any kind of mouse acceleration in the game(PC)?

Industriality
26th Aug 2011, 11:59
I didn't notice mouse acceleration. I hate mouse acceleration.

Dekieon
26th Aug 2011, 13:42
I don't want to appear rude, but didn't you read the post you were quoting? :o It was said that it's not for mouse lag, that fix is for mouse offset (cursor location on screen versus the pixel that mouse is really activating).

actually that part about the mouse offset was added later after i made my post. if you look at my quote, which shows the whole message quoted, it doesn't mention that the issue was for the mouse offset issue, like it does now.

Dekieon
26th Aug 2011, 19:42
well I fixed the mouse lag. All I had to do was upgrade my video card. I went from my old PCI-E nVidia 8600 GT 512MB to a PCI-E nVidia 560 GTX 1024MB GDDR5 card. Before it was unplayable due to mouse lag at 1280x1024 with everything turned off. playable but still a bit laggy at 800x600 with everything off. Now with the new card I have the res turned back to 1280x1024 and every other setting cranked as high as it will get, and it runs perfect with full framerate.

My current settings are...
Directx 11: on
1280x1024 (my monitors highest resolution)
Anti Alias: MLAA
Texture Filtering: 16x Antistopic
Shadows: soft
SSAO: Hgh
DOF: High
Triple Buffering: on
Vsync: on
PostProcessing: on
Tesselation: on

So it seems that it could just be that many of us don't have a good enough video card for the game. I can't speak for everyone, but a simple video card upgrade sure fixed my problems. Now back to play the sequal I have been waiting for since I finished the first Deus Ex a decade ago.

bossu
26th Aug 2011, 21:59
Is it possible to use hold instead of toggle for iron sights?

danimov82
27th Aug 2011, 00:48
Yes, I tried all of that - it's set to US, and I tried everything you mentioned

Puck_Funk1
27th Aug 2011, 12:03
Worked last night, but this evening when I fired up the DE:HR, I noticed that there's no way for me to get to the menu from in-game. I do not have a special customizable keyboard, nor am I running any software that re-maps keys. (edit: Yes my escape key seems to be working outside of DE:HR. Tested it on a full-screen youtube video.)

Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?

(as a workaround, Alt-Tab automatically brings up the game menu when you return to the game from Windows)

I am having the exact same issue, but I have a g15 programmable keyboard from logitech.

NixxesSoftware
27th Aug 2011, 17:25
Deus Ex: HR uses XINPUT for gamepad support. Almost all modern gamepads support this standard, and most games now make use of it. However, we have noticed that some require the user to explicitly enable it in their driver settings.

In addition to that, it looks like for the logitech dual action gamepad there is no XINPUT support. (source: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Steering-Wheels-Joysticks/XInput-driver-for-Logitect-Dual-Action-Game-Pad/td-p/81020).

It does not seem like Logitech has been very good at adjusting their older hardware to work with newer APIs.

There is a solution mentioned in this thread on TW2: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/only_xbox360_gamepad

This uses an emulator to make up for the missing drivers.

cardinaluk
27th Aug 2011, 19:25
Hi,

I am experiencing unexplained stopping while moving. For example I will be using W for forward until the character stops for no reason, then I have to press W again to start. Becomes extremely annoying.

I am using a Microsoft Wireless keyboard and Mouse with no other controllers. I have replaced the batteries on both devices. I have not tried a wired keyboard as of yet, but just to ask has anyone out there got a solution?

My system is:
Core i7
NVIDIA GTX590
6 GB

So I have no frame rate issues and can run it on high resolutions and details with no framerate or suttering.

Please help!

Ta.

Dodgy1210
27th Aug 2011, 20:09
Thanks for coming onto this thread to answer queries & issues that the vast multitude of your customers are experiencing - at least it shows that you care, although it would have been vastly superior to get the product fit for purpose & correct first, before releasing it on general sale to the public to conduct your UAT for you!
This game is not worthy of a retail release, as evidenced by the amount of complaints literally ALL over the web & also by the fact that a patch was released instantly - the same day as EU launch day! What the hell kind of garbage is that?

Now, why can we not change or edit the key assignation in this game? I loved the first Deus ex, & Invisible War, but seriously what is the deal with being stuck with this absolutely moronic control system? Why can we not change the key mappings to suit our own needs/preferences/requirements? :mad2:

This should be available on all platforms. I am seriously thinking of taking this game back as a result of not being able to map the keys to the ones I want them to be on the PS3 version of this - well, that and the mass of other issues affecting the game & its playability & therefore my enjoyment of it.

1. Can't change control config. Seriously, how basic and moronic is this?

2. AI is truly awful - Can hack over NPC's shoulder & they don't even notice I'm there! Get spotted & duck into a vent, NPC has no idea where I've gone - WHAT?? How thick are they? First boss character can be tricked into firing into thin air & I'm not even standing in the direction he's shooting - was originally, but subsequently moved and the ridiculously inept AI doesn't even register my movement.

3. Can shoot from cover but only using crosshairs, can't use scope?? What is that all about? If I can put my gun over the edge of cover, then I should be able to look down the scope to fire - particularly for a sniper rifle, if it's going to be basic ironsights then the gun is redundant & completely pointless.

4. Audio is awful. Talking to NPC standing next to me & it sounds like they're in a completely different room with vastly different accoustics.
This is even worse when using headphones.

5. Can't complete missions due to graphical glitches making NPCs float in the air or get stuck behind walls - truly awful.

As stated, I am pretty much at the point of taking this game back and never buying anything carrying this developer & publisher's name ever again.

Such a shame as DX 1 & Invisible War were both excellent.

TaliosFalcon
28th Aug 2011, 02:08
I'm having some serious input lag issues on my laptop (works fine on my desktop) where any time i press a key or move the mouse there's about a second of lag before the action occurs, my framerate is fine but the lag persists no matter what I do (i've tried turning everything off in the display options, vsync, ssao, aa etc and no change) anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Covenant
28th Aug 2011, 03:12
Chalk another one up for wanting to be able to remap the numpad_enter key. Thats my jump key since I use the numpad for all gaming instead of the WASD-setup.

I seriously hope Eidos fixes this issue since remapping in one game leads to some relfex confusion in other games at times once you have used it for a while.

spiderferi
28th Aug 2011, 06:19
It needs a patch fix for lag . it's a console's port as it seems . a patch fix for lag .

HDDEM
28th Aug 2011, 07:59
I signed up just to say that I also would like to be able to bind the Enter Key again. I use Enter in every Shooter including the original Deus Ex. Is there any reason why the Enter key can not be used?

sinosleep
28th Aug 2011, 20:36
Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in it's thread, but is anyone else having occasional mouse issues in the menus? Sometimes I try to load or save and while I can see the mouse curser when I click nothing happens. I wind up having to highlight and press enter or just do it entirely with the keyboard.

txag79
28th Aug 2011, 21:31
Why aren't the WASD keys enabled to scroll the area maps like you can do with the hack node layouts when hacking a computer or door? It is cumbersome to hold the left mouse button down to "move" the map so you can see the rest of it.

Covenant
28th Aug 2011, 22:40
The controls are available in the registry instead of a config file, havent had time too see what number enter corresponds to and if the game will buy it or its permanently bound to something else. Then you also have a Key thats called "SpecialUpgrade1" that doesnt seem to be available in the in-game binding list if I i somehow missed it. Seems bound to Z if i converted the hex correct.

Anyway, the key config is avilable under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\Controls"

singularity
29th Aug 2011, 06:31
New patch update.
SSAO set to normal.
VSync (obviously) off.

My mouse lag is gone and my game runs silky smooth with everything else on high.

It's too bad, as in my opinion, there is a noticiable graphical difference between SSAO normal and high, but taking the hit to form is worth it for increased function.

And whoever we have to thank for the speedy patch, thanks.

citizensnyder
29th Aug 2011, 08:29
I am having an odd problem with my keyboard. In the control menu, all of the key assignments are blank, and if I change them, it just shows a ??? instead of the name of the key. In game, all of the prompts to use a particular key to perform an action show up as "undefined". For example, when I point the cursor at a person, on screen it says "undefined: talk" instead of "E: talk". The keyboard still seems to work just fine, though. All of the keys are corresponding to the appropriate actions.

I am using Windows XP, and have it fully updated. I have an ATI Radeon 5700 series graphics card and the driver has been updated. I just use a generic usb keyboard. I have tried unistalling and then reinstalling the keyboard drivers to no avail. I have tried using a wireless keyboard that I also have, and still get the same problem. I have never had this problem before on any game I have played and have no idea what to do about it. Any help, or suggestions, would be appreciated.

obs
29th Aug 2011, 23:19
The controls are available in the registry instead of a config file, havent had time too see what number enter corresponds to and if the game will buy it or its permanently bound to something else. Then you also have a Key thats called "SpecialUpgrade1" that doesnt seem to be available in the in-game binding list if I i somehow missed it. Seems bound to Z if i converted the hex correct.

Anyway, the key config is avilable under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\Controls"

Nice find. Too bad this doesn't help the "Hold to..." people.

Also too bad that they are ignoring this.

Roveel
30th Aug 2011, 01:17
I signed up just to say that I also would like to be able to bind the Enter Key again. I use Enter in every Shooter including the original Deus Ex. Is there any reason why the Enter key can not be used?

I too would very much like to be able to bind the Enter key.

Thank you for finding the bindings location. I hope someone can workout which hex relates to the Enter key so we can use it.

repeat
30th Aug 2011, 22:15
Is there any way to disable controller completely? My keyboard does not respond in game unless I disconnect all
controllers from pc before I start the game, which is bit inconvenient if you have more than 2 controllers connected at all times.

Covenant
30th Aug 2011, 22:33
I too would very much like to be able to bind the Enter key.

Thank you for finding the bindings location. I hope someone can workout which hex relates to the Enter key so we can use it.I'll try to get something done this weekend, and if not, I'll build a script for autohotkey that rebinds numpad enter to x or something. Last script I did was for Mirror's Edge that had the exact same problem, which later I found out hot to rebind in the configs, but it was more advanced then Deus Ex configs. It's quite easy to build ahk scripts and I usually do mine window sensitive so all keys are back to normal if you alt-tab out of the game for something.

Rockn-Roll
31st Aug 2011, 17:56
Hopefully the devs/support will read this, but if not I'll follow through with support. This feels like one of the best games to be released in a long time...very fine polish...and tons of replayability...definitely a game to play during my seasonal all-weekend-long game fests. But, there are a couple of things that cause it to be less than fun.

It looks like some keys on the PC keyboard have been hard-coded so that we cannot use them for our purposes. My keyboard is a cheap standard USB keyboard from Kensington...I use it because it provides the exact default ASCII coding...there's no hardware or software mapping of any of the keys, so I know it's not my keyboard.
Here's the problem:
1. In the keyboard options menu I select Reload then press the TAB key on the keyboard...and nothing happens.
2. I use the registry to enter a 9 (ASCII for TAB) for Reload...using steps provided by a post in this thread.
3. I run the game and during the first sequence when Adam is all human pressing TAB works to reload my gun.
4. Afterwards, when Adam has been augmented, pressing TAB brings up the Inventory.
5. Holding the TAB key brings up the last menu screen or it starts up a tutorial in areas where a tutorial is available.
6. I had to rebind Reload to CAPS LOCK, but I've been playing FPS games like forever and have always used TAB for Reload, so in a firefight when I have to Reload I instinctively press TAB...which brings up a menu...my enemy is not very understanding.

Solution: There is no workaround. Fix the code so that none of the keys are hard-coded.

It also looks like mouse button clicks are not being consumed by popup menus and prompts which means that the calling or underlying code receives the mouse click and responds accordingly. This is most frustrating when sneaking around...here's an example of what is happening:
1. I perform a take-down on an enemy.
2. I point at the enemy's body and press the Action key to search.
3. I click on Exit (because the enemy had nothing or nothing that I wanted).
4. The search dialog popup goes away and my gun comes up and shoots the enemy...usually killing him.

Solution: The only workarounds are to have no weapon ready (not a good idea in Deus Ex while in hostile territory) in which case the weapon only becomes readied or only ready a weapon that has a silencer (not available if the silencer upgrade has not been available yet) so that when it shoots nobody will hear it...though I doubt that the enemy guard would consider this a viable "workaround" since it will kill him. Fix the code so that when a mouse click is read by the search dialog (and other dialogs) it removes it from the input queue i.e. consumes it otherwise the next lower layer will read the input queue and find a mouse click and respond to it as if the user was indicating the desire for some action at the lower level.

On the other topics in this thread...I have no mouse lag or problems with acceleration issues...in fact, mouse response has been stellar. But, I recently encountered a stutter...like I would be walking along and it felt like I was bumping into people that weren't there...then these ghosts would move and I would continue on my way. However, it only started when I tweaked my graphics to 16x Anisotropic and Triple buffering...perhaps even my GTX 560 can't handle that kind of load, so I assume when I turn it down a bit the ghosts will go away. So, for mouse lag it seems turning down some of the graphics settings works fine. But, for mouse acceleration I suspect that the users just need to change their settings in Windows...since that's where the game is getting the input from.

Oh...I also thought I might mention that although the keyboard Enter key returns an ASCII code of 13 (hex0d) the numpad Enter key returns an ASCII code of 10 (hex0a) which can also be sent by pressing CTRL-Enter on keyboards which don't have a number pad. I learned this when I first started programming in 1982...everyone back then needed to know this because ASCII 13 is a Carriage Return and ASCII 10 is a Line Feed...both of which were necessary for teletype or the initial dumb terminals which flooded the market back then...otherwise the user would only be able to type one line of text and would have to terminate their connection before they could type another. So, for those that want to use the numpad Enter key...try editing the registry and use ASCII 10 (hex0a) instead of 13.

Roveel
31st Aug 2011, 20:30
Yay!!!

Thank you Covenant and thank you Rockn-Roll.

I can now use my 'Enter' key. Under the reg for Action1 (or whatever you want to map it too) I entered the hexadecimal of '0d'. The key will now work in game and it even displays as 'Enter' in the key binding screen.

Now to get playing :)

Covenant
31st Aug 2011, 20:53
Oh...I also thought I might mention that although the keyboard Enter key returns an ASCII code of 13 (hex0d) the numpad Enter key returns an ASCII code of 10 (hex0a) which can also be sent by pressing CTRL-Enter on keyboards which don't have a number pad. I learned this when I first started programming in 1982...everyone back then needed to know this because ASCII 13 is a Carriage Return and ASCII 10 is a Line Feed...both of which were necessary for teletype or the initial dumb terminals which flooded the market back then...otherwise the user would only be able to type one line of text and would have to terminate their connection before they could type another. So, for those that want to use the numpad Enter key...try editing the registry and use ASCII 10 (hex0a) instead of 13.DOH! (bangs head on table in shame).... Thank you for that. Weird though, I actually somehow forgot to look at carriage return and line feed in an ASCII chart for the return and enter. Only did the notepad and alt+xx thing for the chars, but that doesnt return all the special chars of course. Must be all that management fluff thats part of CISSP I'm reading now that push away the basics :P

For anybody else looking for a special key, just look at the tables halfway down on the wiki page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII

Edit: Finally started playing tonight, and the Numpad Enter mirrors Return in game, so 0d hex or dec 13 is what you want to use.

nuchbutter
31st Aug 2011, 21:30
I just want to map some axis' to the control config. Why is that so hard? :(

It's a wonderful game so far. Too bad the only way to play it is with the keyboard (non-analog movement requiring carpal-tunnel inducing button presses) or the xbox controller (which is just like playing it on the xbox, so why didn't I just buy that version instead).

Lament. Oh the days when devs let us customize our PC experience how so ever we chose. This is the first indication that we are, in reality, slipping into a dystopian nightmare.

Rockn-Roll
1st Sep 2011, 06:20
Finally started playing tonight, and the Numpad Enter mirrors Return in game, so 0d hex or dec 13 is what you want to use.

OK...hmm...I have not checked the raw keyboard output in a long time (like 15 years), so perhaps my memory is a little fuzzy...perhaps the numpad enter key outputs both a 13 and a 10; though, I believe Windows ignores the 10 and Unix/Linux dumps the 13. Well...at least the numpad Enter key is working for everyone...the TAB key is still hosed though. It is sad though that developers make decisions such as putting the key binds in the registry, but then fail to let us know until we have problems...it makes them look stupid...most likely a marketing technique that makes the game look really good...perfect in every way before release, but buggy as hell and developed by stupid people immediately after release.

The game is great...I'm on my second play through and experimenting with different augs and making sure I find all the side missions.

friendschurch
2nd Sep 2011, 03:57
Ok I seem to be having a walk issue. I have two computers. On the first computer I walk around normally. On the other, when I walk it is like I am wearing lead weights. I run just fine but that only lasts for a few seconds. I haven't changed any of the controls. Any ideas?

Mike89
2nd Sep 2011, 06:26
I also have the mouse lag issue in this game. Movement in the game feels like it trailing the mouse movement. It's like the game movement is always chasing your mouse/hand movement. It's what gives some the dizzy feeling. Turning vsync off fixes the mouse lag for me but then I have to put up with visual tearing cause most of the time the game is running above 60 fps. I don't care for tearing but I like the lag even less so I leave vsync off for this game. Seems like there is excessive mouse smoothing going on with vsync on (triple buffering doesn't help this).

Headstriker
2nd Sep 2011, 13:26
Ok, so I was having a very bad time with this as well, but Im not sure if its actually a mouse acceleration issue, more of a hardware problem. I messed with the graphics settings and of course vsync helped alittle, but what got rid of the mouse issues COMPLETELY for me was turning off SSAO all the way. Not sure if this is exactly what will fix it for you guys, but mess around with the graphics settings, even if you have a good computer. I think something isn't optimized completely in some systems, which is affecting the mouse control.

Nice man, this worked for me aswell, the mouse lag is very subtle but as gamer it is instantly recognicable. Now i can finally fully enjoy the game, THANKS!

r3dcut
4th Sep 2011, 03:54
I use a Nostromo keypad for my left hand instead of, or in addition to the keyboard. Some keys I have used for the same purpose and keyed to the Nostromo. The Deus Ex not only appears to not let many keys be changed at all but seems to not allow my keypad to work AT ALL. Am I missing something? Is there a new patch or solution? Or am I doing something wrong?

daedalus85
4th Sep 2011, 11:51
Hi there,

I have a terrible mouse lag too with VSync on. It's completely gone when I turn off VSync but then I get horrible tearing effects and my graphics card is under 100% load because it renders as many frames as possible then, much more than my monitor can show (60). So is there a way to limit the frames? I think that can stop the extreme tearing effects with VSync off and save much power. Is there a parameter or something? Or maybe an external tool to limit the frames?

Thx for your help!

4n7
6th Sep 2011, 04:41
Hello all !

I've 2 problems with my controller xbox 360 :

1)-

when i press [FIRE] ("RT" button), it fires continuously and i've to press fire again to stop firing...

anyone else got same problem or my gamepad is getting old ?? (is it a known bug ?)

2)-

how "auto-aim" works ? (with gamepad..)

PS: normally i play with keyboard+mouse combo.. but now i prefer gamepad.... :)

WishGate
6th Sep 2011, 15:09
As I stated on the Future PC Patch Thread (seems like it was the wrong place in the end) :

I'm getting bored at playing games on PC that treat the mouse as a stick (Dead Space does the same, so does Alice, Madness Returns). Mice give displacement information. It is absolute and shouldn't be affected by the time spent on a frame. Sticks give a direction and a velocity and should effect the game according to the time they were pushed. It is a very basic difference on the logic, but having one behaving as the other is a real pain.

4n7
6th Sep 2011, 16:03
i tested with another xbox 360 controller from a friend on my pc and it works perfect...

seems like my "RT" (fire) button begins to die, gonna order a new one.

-> with a pc gamepad it's "fluid", no mouse issue like no-smoothing.. i also removed the 3D vision nvidia driver (performance gain), SSAO off and i got rare stuttering.

;p

edit: I repaired my gamepad, it works fine now ;)

morganae
7th Sep 2011, 05:58
I can get the keyboard to work fine so long as I do not close the game. When I close the game (you have to sleep sometime) the game will not save my settings. I've read an entry in this thread that says that the keyboard setup is saved under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\Controls but when I check this, there is only HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\graphics. I do not have a Control key at all.

I am running Windows 7 and am signed in as the actual administrator (enabled via computer management).

I have no issues with other games such as Dragon Age, it's just Deus Ex HR that doesn't save my setup. I can create the entry, but I need to know what should be there before I try to create a key.

Visca
13th Sep 2011, 18:08
I got an old gamepad (ngs cobra), but i can't play the PC version. I searched in this forum, and there are other issues, but almost all about the xbox360 gamepad or (in this thread, page 5) an official response (Nixxes user) about old gamepads (sends to that link: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/only_xbox360_gamepad).

Well... I downloaded it, but I'm not able to locate the correct place where this files fit (I tried the bin folder in the steam folder). And yes, I restarted after every change.

Thanks a lot for your help.

sea
14th Sep 2011, 00:43
Just wanted to point out that the new beta NVIDIA driver, 285.27, significantly reduces the input lag experienced when playing the game with SSAO on. Set to the normal level, I can't notice any lag, while SSAO on high feels closer to how normal was in the previous driver. The performance impact also seems to be significantly smaller when using SSAO, as well.

lhaymehr
15th Sep 2011, 18:08
Just a sidenote for any future players.

I managed to bind my Reload key to Enter/Return like I have in every other game. The game didn't allow me to bind it in menus. You can do it via registry. Use 13(decimal) or 0D(hex) to set it.

I played through the complete game like this, no issues. So not really sure why the UI doesn't allow it in the first place.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\Controls

Rockn-Roll
16th Sep 2011, 23:54
That's because the new patch released 9-15 fixes the Enter and keypad Enter keys. And, I'm very glad that those who couldn't map the Return/Enter or keypad Enter can now bind them. However, tab still does not work even after selecting it in the registry...it only works during the non-augmented section, but when Jensen becomes augmented the TAB key is hijacked by the subsystem which prompts for Upgrade or Reading new pocket secretaries and when there is no prompt for those functions the TAB key just goes to inventory or objectives...kind of like a context sensitive function key. What I don't understand is why it's hardcoded to be the TAB key. It's a very large key and I map it to the most crucial function that I may need to use in a crunch i.e. reload or cloak. I have used TAB for all the previous games I have ever played for the last decade, so in a crunch I still press TAB by instinct and the stupid inventory pops up...totally uncool. Please allow the TAB key to be used by the player.

Lv4
22nd Sep 2011, 11:02
The 0 numpad key is bugged when entering codes. It doesn't correctly register when tapped fast, instead it doubles the next/previous number. This is a bug that was not in the leaked version. It appeared in the official game.

For example trying to input 0451 (first elevator code) will probably end up as 4451. This is annoying on speed runs since you have to pause to be able to enter the code correctly.

chinz
27th Sep 2011, 08:37
Quoting myself from another thread about the mouse lag issue:

At least for me, mouse lag seems to be directly connected to FPS. Disabling Vsync and SSAO helped the most, simply because vsync (off) removes the 60 FPS cap and SSAO (off) because it increased FPS a lot.

I need to avarage FPS of 150+ for the game to remain playable at most situations... so just try to find settings that you can get really high FPS with.

I have to say it's pretty ridiculous that you need to avarage FPS of way more than 100 for the game to run even somewhat playable... Sucks for those with 2560x1600 native resolutions or old computers.

Dang Skippy
27th Oct 2011, 03:49
First of all, configs in REGISTRY of all places? SERIOUSLY? :mad2:*wallbash*:mad2:

Oh well...

So about the whole "Hold to..." thing... will it ever get patched in? I can't stand the toggle-to-crouch and toggle-to-aim setup. So very console. Plus, unfortunately, "get used 2 it LOL" is not an option - to "get used to it" I'd have to break a decade-long habit of playing FPSs my way. I'm WAY too old and set in my ways for that.

The worst part about it is perhaps that even the mighty AutoHotkey seems to be powerless. Remapping virtual keys or scancodes does absolutely jack diddly squat. I've gotten around the toggle crouch/toggle aim issue in other games before using AHK, but DX:HR thus far resists all my advances. And unfortunately without the hold crouch/hold aim functionality, I'm reduced to a bumbling buffoon in a trenchcoat instead of a sleek cyborg.

Please, someone out there (devs included), I hope there's a solution to this.

junco577
29th Oct 2011, 21:31
A minor issue/suggestion:

For hacking on the PC version, it would have been great if you had the option to either map hotkeys for nuke, capture, stop worm, and fortify, or click on a node and use directional keys to select the said options. Using the mouse when rapidly moving from node to node with lag can lead to mis-clicks unless you pause after clicking a node to wait and verify your correct option is selected. I've nuked at least a dozen nodes I intended to click capture on because of this.

I've also found when hacking, that if you hover over capture on a node while an adjacent node finishes capturing, the capture icon de-highlights and you have to move the mouse away from it and then back again so it's highlighted and you can click it.

Rockn-Roll
25th Nov 2011, 21:30
I read back though my posts and I seem to have left out some helpful info about the difference between a console controller vs mouse movement...which might explain why there is mouse lag and most likely nothing will ever make it go away.

A console controller is pure digital...when you move the stick or select a direction on the direction pad the input to the console is just a direction. If you want Jensen to change where he is looking from point A to point B then the game software will only detect that you want the camera to move toward the direction of B and you must release the controller input when Jensen is finally looking at point B. This means that camera movement speed is fixed by the console software...it can be adjusted in the settings, but the controller itself is stuck with whatever speed is selected.

Mouse movement on the other hand is an analog input device with variable speeds in discrete units. If you want Jensen to change where he is looking from point A to point B then you can simply move the mouse the required distance on the mouse pad. And, in fact, at different speeds during that movement for instance start very quickly to cover the largest part of that distance in one big jump then very slowely for pixel-fine precision. This is what makes PC gamers better at aiming...the console gamer has to time the controller movement to what they are aiming at while the PC gamer gets a 1-to-1 correlation between mouse movement and what they are aiming at.

Unfortunately, with some console ports (where the developers doing the port don't understand the difference) the underlying console game code is not rewritten for the PC. Instead, the developers simply convert the analog mouse input to a digital signal similar to what a console controller would send. For example if you move the mouse 100 twips the conversion code will translate this into 20 pulses...to simulate a console gamer holding the direction pad down for perhaps .25 seconds...these pulses are cached and the game software consumes them at the fixed speed setting. So, even though a mouse can move those 100 twips in .025 seconds (virtually instantaneous as usual with a PC game) the actual movement will take 10 times as long.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to replace the game code which processes controller input instead of just converting it as was done with DX:HR. It's highly unlikely that Eidos will authorize such an expensive redesign of the input processing.

And, it's one of the reasons that PC gamers are getting frustrated with console ports...developers just don't have the knowledge to get it done right...all they have is experience at doing it wrong again and again and again. This isn't going to change until a developer such as myself with nearly 30 years of experience gets hired...but they won't hire someone like me because experience is all they go by and they don't seem to understand that even though the majority of my experience is self-employed Visual Basic development of business software I might do a better job at game development using C++ because I understand the underlying problems and solutions better than someone that has been doing it for years. /Rant

kurth70
6th Feb 2012, 04:05
I am unable to use the xbox 360 controller or any controller for that matter. I have tried every usb port and nothing. I am running Windows XP with all updates for drivers. I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

paradogz
7th Feb 2012, 15:14
Hello.

Why can't I assign WHEEL UP in the controls ?
If not, what is the registry setting ? (I want to use WHEEL UP for toggle Ironsights)

Thanks !

paradogz
7th Feb 2012, 18:54
Hi all,

Why can't I bind Mouse Wheel up to anything in the control list ?

I want to bind it to iron sights.

Thanks for helping me

earthboundmisfit79
22nd Mar 2012, 03:25
The mouse delay is all but fixable for me and it doesn't even see my gamepad. I loved the original and liked Invisible War and was looking forward to this. I remember the days when a 'port' was from a PC TO a console...not the other way around. Man what a disappointment, now I know why I was able to get this for $20 new at Best Buy...:(